Tg To Andrea "now It's Just Me And My Daughter"

Penny Andrea The governor

dharmazombie42

dharmazombie42

Infected

• Members
Did I hear it wrong or when the gov told Andrea about his wife dying didn't he say something like "Now it's just me an my daughter" implying she was still alive? Has Andrea not thought to ask where she is?

Xfirekeenmike

Xfirekeenmike

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationSouth Texas mcallen area
Andrea has not seen a Barn so in her mind she thinks everything is peachy keen.

dharmazombie42

dharmazombie42

Infected

• Members
What does that have to do with anything? I wasn't asking why Andrea is being too gullible like the dozens of other threads. I just thought that if this is what he said its really odd she hasn't followed up on that, and that he would risk mentioning Penny in the first place.

Rick's Hat

Rick's Hat

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOver here going through your stuff
It seems like what Phil said was his wife died before the ZA, but never said what happened to his daughter. And Andrea is tooo self absorbed to ask.

Crazy has come to town for a visit!!

dharmazombie42

dharmazombie42

Infected

• Members
Well if no one else noticed him saying this then maybe I heard it wrong. Because if he said that its just really lazy writing.

SplittinAdam

SplittinAdam

Infected

• Members
  • LocationWI
No, he definately said "It's just me and my daughter" or something very close to that. He definately told her he has a daughter, and implied that she is still alive. I believe it was in 303.

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Well if no one else noticed him saying this then maybe I heard it wrong. Because if he said that its just really lazy writing.

Yeah I noticed that too. Really weird and probably just poor writing.

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

dogwalker

dogwalker

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEssex/ London
I thought he was a bit more vague than that...? I remember watching it and thinking it could be interpreted that the daughter was dead. I think it was something like "My wife died, then it was just me and my daughter..." (I could be wrong) - but it still implied she could be dead. I think Andrea didn't ask anything because it was a potentially sensitive topic.

ghostdays

ghostdays

Infected

• Members
  • Locationthe nightosphere

I thought he was a bit more vague than that...? I remember watching it and thinking it could be interpreted that the daughter was dead. I think it was something like "My wife died, then it was just me and my daughter..." (I could be wrong) - but it still implied she could be dead. I think Andrea didn't ask anything because it was a potentially sensitive topic.

CrackFox

CrackFox

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationEngland
I did wonder why she didn't ask him about Penny when he mentioned it was him and his daughter. I don't know what the timescales are but she didn't know him that well during that convo and by that time she had already made plans to leave, following Michonne's insistance. Maybe it was a case of 'whatever, guess it's not important to get to know you now'.

Either way, it was kinda sloppy writing.

WalkerBaitress

WalkerBaitress

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationTampa-area, FL
I'm going with lazy writing or at least poor script editing on this one.
"Stick them with the pointy end." Arya Stark, Game of Thrones

DeadInDetroit

DeadInDetroit

Lurker

• Members
I think he said "then it WAS just me an my daughter"

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationKnoxville TN
The way he said it was left way open for her to ask about it. It's one of those vauge comments that you can put importance on any part and change the meaning. Like "Did Bob ask about me?" - or is it "Did Bob ask about me?"

Wait did I see this same converation on a Seinfeild episode? lol But yeah..another fail by Andrea.

emperorzorn

emperorzorn

Infected

• Members
Spoiler

SplittinAdam

SplittinAdam

Infected

• Members
  • LocationWI

Spoiler

I think we're all aware of that... the question is more based on, why hasn't Andrea asked him about his daughter?

WelcometoNowhere

WelcometoNowhere

S-mart Employee

• Members

I picked up on it too. I just keep waiting for Andrea to say to him "You mentioned you had a daughter. Where is she?"
I get the feeling it'll come up sooner or later.
Just sitting pretty on the edge of the world....

SplittinAdam

SplittinAdam

Infected

• Members
  • LocationWI

I picked up on it too. I just keep waiting for Andrea to say to him "You mentioned you had a daughter. Where is she?"
I get the feeling it'll come up sooner or later.

More likely that it will just be discovered sooner or later. She's hanging around his apartment, or house, or whatever it is enough that she'll HAVE to stumble across Penny at some point.

arkeye

arkeye

Infected

• Members
Michonne will decapitate Penny the next episode, causing the Gov. to go totally nuts.

Dazzle

Dazzle

Infected

• Members

The way he said it was left way open for her to ask about it. It's one of those vauge comments that you can put importance on any part and change the meaning. Like "Did Bob ask about me?" - or is it "Did Bob ask about me?"

Wait did I see this same converation on a Seinfeild episode? lol But yeah..another fail by Andrea.

Or the way a comma (or pause) changes the meaning .. Lets go eat, Grandma .. Let's go eat Grandma

bula412

bula412

Infected

• Members
Andrea is too concerned about what's in the guv's pants to worry about what's in his closet.

TheDalkingWead

TheDalkingWead

S-mart Employee

• Members
The Governor is calculated in everything he says. Nothing comes out of his mouth by accident. He was pushing the boundaries to see what she would pick up on and she failed )or maybe passed in his eyes?). In the garden when she said she couldn't believe he didn't have a single thing he was proud of and he got annoyed and said "I never said that!" Why didn't she ask again then? I felt like he was inviting her to ask more and when she didn't she passed his clueless test....twice. I was very disappointed in Andrea both times this happened.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

We should have six. Six is good. Do you like six?

;)

BizarroGlen

BizarroGlen

Infected

• Members

I think we're all aware of that... the question is more based on, why hasn't Andrea asked him about his daughter?

Maybe there's a lil somethin extra in that moonshine she keeps suckin down...

::::waits for Troll to appear::::

StrollingDead

StrollingDead

Roamer

• Members
Yea, probably just sloppy writing; they threw it in then forgot to follow up.

As an alternative, it could be the new postZA etiquette. Unless somebody specifically brings up what happened to someone, you just make the assumption and don't pry.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!