Walking Dead Game Season 2 Speculation/Predictions

Lee clementine christa omid

dogwalker

dogwalker

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEssex/ London
I can't remember where I saw it but I feel like I'm not wrong in assuming there is going to be a follow up game. Does anyone have any ideas about who it'll be centred on? Or has anyone heard any rumours?

If not, then who would you like to play as during season 2? Personally I'd love to play as Molly, I think playing as a woman in the harsh/ brutal world of the ZA could be even more terrifying (esp. when interacting with other survivors). Clementine would be fun too, but I can't see that happening as they probably don't want to show her dying every time you mess up (for example).

EvieSessions

EvieSessions

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationNashville, TN

I can't remember where I saw it but I feel like I'm not wrong in assuming there is going to be a follow up game. Does anyone have any ideas about who it'll be centred on? Or has anyone heard any rumours?

If not, then who would you like to play as during season 2? Personally I'd love to play as Molly, I think playing as a woman in the harsh/ brutal world of the ZA could be even more terrifying (esp. when interacting with other survivors). Clementine would be fun too, but I can't see that happening as they probably don't want to show her dying every time you mess up (for example).

I've heard that molly is one of the possibilitys to be the main protagonist in the next season of the game. I agree, it would be fun playing through a game like that from her perspective. I also hope, some of the choices you made from the first season carry over.
I am you and what I see, is me.

prince_charming

prince_charming

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationSandy Eggo, California
Molly! It would make so much sense and would please many fans of season one. Hopefully Clementine returns as well! I would have no problem with season 2's starting team being Molly, Christa, Omid & Clementine

Agent Piltdown

Agent Piltdown

Infected

• Members
  • LocationChester, England
I think they confirmed early on that they were going to do a second season when they seen how successful the first was. I can't remember where they first confirmed that, but here's a relatively recent interview to see:

http://www.edge-onli...s-to-players/3/

"How well has the game sold? And are you planning on a second series?

GW I don’t know the numbers but I know it’s the most successful game Telltale has ever made. A second season is definitely happening, and its direction will to some degree be defined by how season one ends – which of course is something we can’t really go into detail about yet."

I've not come across any real info beyond that so far, just what people are hoping for, including playing as Molly or even Kenny. I would like both choices of course. I want an answer to what has happened to Clementine primarily, but I wouldn't object to a completely new protagonist either, and I wouldn't mind seeing the game start from the beginning of the zombie apocalypse if the main character found their way to Clementine about halfway through. I'd like to see a longer season too with about 10 episodes if Telltale can manage it. But unless they make some truly horrible choices, I'm confident I'll be happy with whatever we get.

EvieSessions

EvieSessions

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationNashville, TN

I think they confirmed early on that they were going to do a second season when they seen how successful the first was. I can't remember where they first confirmed that, but here's a relatively recent interview to see:

http://www.edge-onli...s-to-players/3/

"How well has the game sold? And are you planning on a second series?

GW I don’t know the numbers but I know it’s the most successful game Telltale has ever made. A second season is definitely happening, and its direction will to some degree be defined by how season one ends – which of course is something we can’t really go into detail about yet."

I've not come across any real info beyond that so far, just what people are hoping for, including playing as Molly or even Kenny. I would like both choices of course. I want an answer to what has happened to Clementine primarily, but I wouldn't object to a completely new protagonist either, and I wouldn't mind seeing the game start from the beginning of the zombie apocalypse if the main character found their way to Clementine about halfway through. I'd like to see a longer season too with about 10 episodes if Telltale can manage it. But unless they make some truly horrible choices, I'm confident I'll be happy with whatever we get.

Thanks for that link, was interesting. :) Seems like I remember seeing somewhere that telltale said that it would be another five episode season, though.

TheLibrarian

TheLibrarian

Lurker

• Members
What if the survivors of the first game end up in Woodbury for an episode?

I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

EvieSessions

EvieSessions

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationNashville, TN

What if the survivors of the first game end up in Woodbury for an episode?

That would definitely be interesting to say the least. :P

FistfulofGroovy

FistfulofGroovy

Infected

• Members
  • LocationGrass Valley, CA
Ok, are they going to continue the story of clementine you think ? I hope to God they do I still wonder today what would happen to her. If you still had Omid and Christa (like I did) I hope you take over for Clem and try to find them or a similar group. Maybe even take over as Omid he wasnt a bad character he made me laugh a couple times. I really actually on the sideline on whether I want to see a seperate story or continue from the old. There would be limited areas to go with the old story.... anyways just some thoughts hope to read some more... thoughts

Gingerbeard

Gingerbeard

Roamer

• Members

Ok, are they going to continue the story of clementine you think ? I hope to God they do I still wonder today what would happen to her. If you still had Omid and Christa (like I did) I hope you take over for Clem and try to find them or a similar group. Maybe even take over as Omid he wasnt a bad character he made me laugh a couple times. I really actually on the sideline on whether I want to see a seperate story or continue from the old. There would be limited areas to go with the old story.... anyways just some thoughts hope to read some more... thoughts

I beg to differ. Omid would be a terrible protagonist. He doesn't have enough personality, and is too much of a goofball. I'm hoping they introduce a new character entirely, and bring in characters who didn't bite the bucket in the previous season. I feel like all the characters with the exception of Lee of course, aren't meant to be the main character. Besides Clementine maybe... But, she's a little girl. Wouldn't be very fun to play through a zombie apocalypse game as a little girl...

FistfulofGroovy

FistfulofGroovy

Infected

• Members
  • LocationGrass Valley, CA

I beg to differ. Omid would be a terrible protagonist. He doesn't have enough personality, and is too much of a goofball. I'm hoping they introduce a new character entirely, and bring in characters who didn't bite the bucket in the previous season. I feel like all the characters with the exception of Lee of course, aren't meant to be the main character. Besides Clementine maybe... But, she's a little girl. Wouldn't be very fun to play through a zombie apocalypse game as a little girl...

Now that I think about it yeah Omid wouldn't work anyways cause some people would have killed him off.... and yeah playing as Clem might not be fun for 5 entire episodes... maybe 1/4-1/2 of 1 episode till she finds another protagonist.

ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationItaly
Molly would be cool, she could meet up with Clem, Omid and Christa and make Season 2 starting group
"The day you can kill me is the day that don't exist"

scarylala

scarylala

Roamer

• Members
  • Locationin the back of a van somewhere....
well theyre doing a season 2 of this game but theyre also making a shooter game about Merle & Darryl .. it sounds pretty decent
you only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland
Think I read somewhere a guy from telltale said 'don't forget to keep your saves', so I can only assume the decision from season 1 have some impact on the new game- maybe what you have Lee tell her... if you told her to avoid groups does she run from the new characters etc...
IGN website had this prediction which seem pretty plausable;

Sometime next year, Telltale releases the first teaser image for The Walking Dead: The Game Season 2, and Clementine’s nowhere to be seen. The Internet freaks out. However, here’s how the game will go: we start as a new character, we meet the new group, and we cope as things go horribly wrong. Walkers tip over the walls and eat everyone but us and a friend; we’re forced to flee. In the final moments of the episode, we’re lamenting our luck as we cross a sun-covered hill, and then – bam – we see a little girl off in the distance. Credits roll.

xaviersaint

xaviersaint

Mr. Random

• Administrators
  • LocationColorado
Fryhole, not a bad guess man. Actually I rather like that. Linking 2 stories together. And it'd make sense. Build the love for the new characters and then link them to her. Good call there sir.

I gotta say, I've not been a big fan of Telltale's previous game releases but this one was way better then anything else they put out. And perhaps they knew they needed to step up their game or else the TWD universe would come for their heads.

I'd recommend for those that had any trouble with this game or don't wanna go back and replay every segment, there's a ton of "Let's Play" video lists on Youtube for this and a lot of them are done quite well.
Angel: I stopped Acathla. That saved the world.

Spike: Buffy ran you through with a sword.

Angel: Yeah, but I made her do it. Signaled her with my eyes.

Spike: She killed you. I helped her. That one counts as mine.

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland

I gotta say, I've not been a big fan of Telltale's previous game releases but this one was way better then anything else they put out. And perhaps they knew they needed to step up their game or else the TWD universe would come for their heads.

Yea this kinda blew me away, they've not really done anything half decent if were honest before, but they clearly embraced TWD universe and developed believable characters, Lee was just and ordinary guy in and extraordinary situation. Looking forward to seeing where they go next with season 2

Gonza_Fes

Gonza_Fes

Lurker

• Members

Think I read somewhere a guy from telltale said 'don't forget to keep your saves', so I can only assume the decision from season 1 have some impact on the new game- maybe what you have Lee tell her... if you told her to avoid groups does she run from the new characters etc...
IGN website had this prediction which seem pretty plausable;

Sometime next year, Telltale releases the first teaser image for The Walking Dead: The Game Season 2, and Clementine’s nowhere to be seen. The Internet freaks out. However, here’s how the game will go: we start as a new character, we meet the new group, and we cope as things go horribly wrong. Walkers tip over the walls and eat everyone but us and a friend; we’re forced to flee. In the final moments of the episode, we’re lamenting our luck as we cross a sun-covered hill, and then – bam – we see a little girl off in the distance. Credits roll.

that will be a really good plot... or a short flash back to tell the story of Christa and Omid previous their encounter with Lee.. and then baaam! they walking the sun covered hill just to find Clem

Since telltale took a different path from the "classic" video games characters (making an afro american convict the main character) i wont be suprised if season 2 will have a female as main character

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland

Since telltale took a different path from the "classic" video games characters (making an afro american convict the main character) i wont be suprised if season 2 will have a female as main character

Going down the female main character route- molly would be pretty cool lead character

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere

Going down the female main character route- molly would be pretty cool lead character

I want a new character, someone who's fresh and still has to grow and develop as a person. We already know what Molly is like. Protective of her sister and badass zombie killer. It'd be boring playing as her because she's kinda like Michonne. You just know walkers won't be a threat to her.

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland

I want a new character, someone who's fresh and still has to grow and develop as a person. We already know what Molly is like. Protective of her sister and badass zombie killer. It'd be boring playing as her because she's kinda like Michonne. You just know walkers won't be a threat to her.

Yea you bring up a fair point, looking forward to seeing what telltale do which season 2!

there76

there76

Infected

• Members
We won't be playing as anybody we already met, because they already have a very defined personality. The protagonist will be somebody new.

ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationItaly
Maybe if we play as a new person we can meet up with Omid, Christa, Clem and maybe Molly (though I would like if she was the main protagonist for season 2)
"The day you can kill me is the day that don't exist"

Trippy

Trippy

S-mart Employee

• Members
The only character that I want to return is Clementine. If she doesn't, yeah I'll be disappointed, but life goes on, and who knows? Season 2 might even exceed Season 1.

I'm just really annoyed by most of the characters. I wouldn't want to play as Christa or Omid because we already know them. I wasn't exactly rooting for them to die, but neither was I rooting them to live either. Kenny is gone for sure, as well as Molly.

I don't want to play one of the old characters. I'd much rather see Telltale create new, easily loveable characters, again. I like Fryhole's idea the best, and it seems like the most likely scenario for me.

cooper56

cooper56

S-mart Employee

• Members
My theory and most likely outcome is you will play as one of two people you see at end of ep5 on hill for all first ep of s2 and at end of ep it will end where ep5 ended with clem and the two people in that open field.

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland

My theory and most likely outcome is you will play as one of two people you see at end of ep5 on hill for all first ep of s2 and at end of ep it will end where ep5 ended with clem and the two people in that open field.

yea thats pretty much what I said above, seem the mostly likely option.... Clem will appear in season 2 but not sure for how long

DBL2000

DBL2000

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationUK
Of all the characters we know there is probably only 4, maybe 5 who could be the protagonist for next season. There's Clementine who I think is still too young, Christa and Omid who I didn't really like too much if they appear again I would like them to be like who Glenn and Maggie are in the comics, then Kenny which is possible but he is probably dead and finally Molly who I would like to play as in season 2. It could start during episode 4 of season 1 so they would overlap and at some point we could see a half eaten zombie Kenny to confirm he is dead. Then is the second episode we could find Christa and Omid we start to defend a farm with some other survivors and when we are doing a perimeter check with Omid we see a little girl off in the distance. That way Clementine is only missing for 2 episodes but I also like the idea of a whole new group then at the end of the season we Clementine in the distance. Last thing, does anyone think we will see Vernon and his crew again.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!