Is It Ok For Rick To Move On?

shane rick lori carl grimes walsh

ashleykilpat

ashleykilpat

Infected

• Members
I feel as if in the mist of a ZA, things that may not have been deemed as social "norms" may be more so acceptable in their present time. The characters are basically starting over and making their own sets of guidelines and rules to follow. One of the big times I noticed this was in the comic books when
Spoiler
. On the same field as that, who knows if in the midst of a ZA it would be frowned upon to move on? I think that right now I for one would really like to see some relationship development in Carl/Rick's end, but I wouldn't be completely opposed to seeing Rick also move on in the future.

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationKnoxville TN
This reply is something thats been on my mind since S1. I always felt maybe Shane/Lori had had a thing prior to the show. Which would've fed into the whole rocky marriage Rick and Lori had had. Plus Carl always kinda reminded me of Shane in a way. When Jenner told Rick the whisper part of me thought maybe it was that Carl wasn't his or something along those lines. Now with that whatif in mind & had that been the case then yeah..Rick could move on in a hurry. But it's not so I don't see him doing so. Ricks character being played as it is (and quite well in fact) puts me in mind of a very ethics/moral driven person. Someone who has a set of rules for himself and tries to interact with the world by those rules and seeks meaning out of the world within that ruleset. Some of the things Rick has done in the show shows this. Save Merle..sure it's the right thing to do cause it's the human thing to do. Granted he was putting everyone @ risk and bringing down hell on their shoulders..but it was the "right" thing to do. Most everyone else was ready to give him up for dead. Give the Valtos guns..sure they were doing a honorable thing by defending the elderly. Sure it weakened their supplies..but again the right thing to do normally...but as Shane said many times before..THe right thing is the thing that keeps US alive. I really could go on and on here. =)

But given that quick detour into the character I see Rick mourning for abit. Right or wrong..@ odds with a mile between them Rick loved Lori. I could see those two working thru everything if given the time...which they didn't get when she died. So he's gonna mourn but I do hope sooner or later he finds someone. Thou with how the show is going, and as mentioned I see no one who could take that role.

lilasskickergrimes

lilasskickergrimes

Infected

• Members

I don't think the OP means right now, just in general....

Yep I just meant in general...I think somewhere near the end of season 3.Why? This show is so fastly paced, and I believe in this ZA World, the only things that run slow are the walkers.

WelcometoNowhere

WelcometoNowhere

S-mart Employee

• Members

Sorry but what does OP mean?

Original poster, but you've probably figured that out by now ;)
Just sitting pretty on the edge of the world....

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy
Rick has too much on his hands - Leading the group, Carl, Judith... It'll take some time for him to move on. Besides, the only possible love interests I can think of is Andrea or hell, even Michonne (unlikely) - unfortunately Andrea is pretty much one of the reasons Rick's group will become smaller which would probably make her place in the group as an enemy, and Michonne would stab him if he tried to touch her just as she warned him last episode XD

Zombie_killer

Zombie_killer

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationHampshire, UK
I don't think it was even months before they got together. Axel and Oscar said they were locked in for 10 months, Andrea and Michone were on the run for 8 months. That means from the outbreak to the farm being overrun could only have been two months. She must have gone with Shane within days

GoKillZombies

GoKillZombies

Lurker

• Members

When my mother died (I was 14 at the time), my dad was devastated, but eventually he remarried less than a year. I had no problem with it.
When you lose your spouse, via accident, illness, whatever it's okay to move on soon as you can and it does not mean dis-respect or lack of love. But if you divorce and marry quickly after that... then that (at least by my personal moral code) is wrong, because it seems premeditated, divorcing one just so you could marry the other. Wait a year or two... then remarry... but that's just me.
Anyway...

Spoiler

Hey DeadCave...sometimes when we write in these blogs we say things that someone else needed to hear. My husband died suddenly...three small children. Three months later, I made the decision for my family that we would not let his death define us. Nine months later, my sister introduced me to the man who would become my second husband. We were married two years after my first husbands death. I heard all the "too soon" whispers from co workers, my first husbands family, etc. Eight years later, he is still the best thing that ever happened to us. Sometimes I felt like people treated me worse than they did the people who divorced and moved on. Like I was doing something wrong. Funny, huh? But thanks for your thoughtful comment...you brightened my day!

-Sascha-

-Sascha-

Infected

• Members
Right now: No, but when things are calming down I would like to see him having a love interest.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!