Is It Ok For Rick To Move On?

shane rick lori carl grimes walsh

lilasskickergrimes

lilasskickergrimes

Infected

• Members
Is it ok for Rick to move on soon? When Lori believed Rick was dead, Shane supported and protected her, which eventually led to an intimate relationship. this was only months after Ricks "death".

Now that Lori is dead, if Rick would find someone (like Lori's Shane) who would make him feel supported and "whole" again, would that be ok? (Also considering the same timeframe as Loris "mourning" period.

Daisy

Daisy

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationMount Doom
I'm not sure. Lori did get with Shane fairly quickly, but then again Rick was in a coma for who knows how long and they were about to split just before that, so a very different situation.

Also, I think the show has enough romance (maybe even too much) atm, and I'm more interested in seeing develop Rick and Carl's bond. I wouldn't mind Rick having someone else at some point, as long as it's not Andrea. Ugh.
I got me some horses to ride on, to ride on.

The Ultimate

The Ultimate

Lurker

• Members
He's going to call and ask her.

lilasskickergrimes

lilasskickergrimes

Infected

• Members

He's going to call and ask her.

And Shanes gonna pick up and pass it on to Lori haha

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOttawa
Rick will take the time he needs and then move on. It's different for everybody, and there's no way he would even know how long it will take. What anyone else (except Carl) thinks is within the confines of their own selfish wishes. Lori would want Rick to move on as soon as he was ready. If he's ready after a year then fine, if he only needs three months why should he pretend he isn't? Carl's a different story. He has to allow for Carl to be ready too- at least ready enough to be told to let his dad move on. That will take several months at least.

glitterbomb

glitterbomb

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationUmbrella Headquarters... wait, wrong zombie apocalypse??
I think it would be ok for Rick to move on, we couldn't really fault him for it. But I don't see it happening. I think when Lori did it she was with the man who was protecting her and it was this completely new world where they might die tomorrow and everything is confusing. With Rick he is the leader and there is no one really for him to learn on (ok maybe Daryl or Hershel but not in that way) he still may die tomorrow but he is now understanding the world he is in a lot better.
Althought it would be acceptable for him to be with another woman I dont think it is as likely or makes as much sense for his character to move on as fast as Lori did.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
Given the fact that Rick and Lori's marriage was all but over, I don't think he's going to take THAT long to move on. Before the ZA, they were on the brink of divorce. After he found them, they rekindled things, but it wasn't long before you saw the distance between them and his frustration with her. During the time skip between S2 and S3, things were defiantly strained, to the point where they no longer touched or even looked at each other.

When she died, I think realized that he did love her, if maybe he wasn't in love with her anymore. They had been together their whole adult lives, maybe even high school sweethearts, that's a very long time to be with someone and they become a part of you no matter what.

But if he moves on quickly, I don't think in his case it'd be wrong. Not that I see that happening, the pickings are pretty slim in his group for starters. And he's not going to Woodbury looking for a shag either.

Rick's Hat

Rick's Hat

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOver here going through your stuff
Romance is probably not high on Rick's list at this point in his life.

Crazy has come to town for a visit!!

WelcometoNowhere

WelcometoNowhere

S-mart Employee

• Members
Yeah, it was a little different when Lori moved on from Rick. Their marriage was already in crisis, and when he was in a coma she had time to accept that he may not come back.
Their was more flexibility in the story for that to happen; there's not so much now. The show's pacing is alot faster and Rick has enough to deal with. Maybe towards the end of the season they'll hint at some chemistry between Rick and a female character (Andrea maybe?) but an actual romance probably won't occur until next season.
Just sitting pretty on the edge of the world....

TheDalkingWead

TheDalkingWead

S-mart Employee

• Members

Agreed. I don't see them hinting at anything until Season 4. I thought Andrea was flirting with him when they first met but now I've realized that Andrea gives that same googly eyed look to every guy she speaks too.

aahe42

aahe42

Lurker

• Members
I'd love to see his next love interest be the same one as in the comics another dark moment for him. But for a fantasy hook up I've always thought of Michonne and Rick!

mtl1984

mtl1984

Infected

• Members

I thought Andrea was flirting with him when they first met but now I've realized that Andrea gives that same googly eyed look to every guy she speaks too.

LOL, so true......

PrayingForTheZA

PrayingForTheZA

Infected

• Members
Regarding Shane and Lori, remember that they had also known each other for a long time. Chances are feelings had developed long before anything actually occurred between them so while it may seem to have happened quickly, there was something budding for a long time. Lori thought her husband was dead, the world as we know it had ended, she found safety and security in Shane. In many ways, it's only logical.

I think, like others have said, I'd like to see Rick and Carl develop their relationship. Carl has really grown and become a very likable character. I of course want to see Rick happy. Maybe he'll meet someone. It would be pretty cool if he and Michone hooked up. I also think that Rick has more pressing matters to deal with like keeping his children, himself, and his group alive.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
Not yet, it has only been days, not even a week, since the man's wife died. In time though, I can see Rick moving on and I would like to see him with Carol more than Andrea. Rick and Carol showed some real chemistry in the joy over Judith's birth and the agony of Lori's death. I would like to see them bond over the baby. It would take time to develop since Carol had some real anger with Rick over Sophia. I could see Judith causing them burying the hatchet and over time for more to develop between them. I don't want to see another love triangle between him and Daryl though. It isn't worth that, but I saw more chemistry between Rick and Carol, than Rick and Andrea or Daryl and Carol.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

Darylrocks

Darylrocks

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationEdmond,ok

Not yet, it has only been days, not even a week, since the man's wife died. In time though, I can see Rick moving on and I would like to see him with Carol more than Andrea. Rick and Carol showed some real chemistry in the joy over Judith's birth and the agony of Lori's death. I would like to see them bond over the baby. It would take time to develop since Carol had some real anger with Rick over Sophia. I could see Judith causing them burying the hatchet and over time for more to develop between them. I don't want to see another love triangle between him and Daryl though. It isn't worth that, but I saw more chemistry between Rick and Carol, than Rick and Andrea or Daryl and Carol.

That would be good. Even though i love Daryl and Carol. Since Norman doesn't want them to have a physical relationship then they can just stay friends. That way it would give Carol and Rick time to bond and fall in love but who knows. Norman says that maybe to throw us off.

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationKnoxville TN
God I hope not. Look I'm watching this show to see people survive in a ZA. I'm not watching this show to go all nuts over a look Michonne gives Oscar..or Beth smiling @ Carl. lol Rick just went nuts over Lori dying and your talking about when is it ok for him to be with someone else? He almost went nuts over his wife dying. PreZA verge of divorce or not but him loosing it for abit should show you he is in no way @ all, anywhere close to even considering anyone else in this way. I mean maybe..maybe..maybe some kind of off the cuff sexual thing with a woman given the right situation. But nothing @ all thats been spoken to in this thread.

shrike

shrike

Roamer

• Members
I can just see the rogue's gallery of walker women who'd answer his personal ad ;)

LittleAssKicker

LittleAssKicker

Infected

• Members
  • LocationLumpy Abyss

Yep.
We got this, man! We got this by the ass!
Roger - Dawn of the Dead.

WelcometoNowhere

WelcometoNowhere

S-mart Employee

• Members
I don't think the OP means right now, just in general....
Just sitting pretty on the edge of the world....

Watty

Watty

Infected

• Members
  • LocationAlabama
It needed to happen eventually. I'm glad it happened so soon. Because if he would've just kept on in the state he was it would've put the group's safety in danger, especially now that Glenn and Maggie were taken
R.I.P. Shane

CaveDead

CaveDead

Infected

• Members
When my mother died (I was 14 at the time), my dad was devastated, but eventually he remarried less than a year. I had no problem with it.
When you lose your spouse, via accident, illness, whatever it's okay to move on soon as you can and it does not mean dis-respect or lack of love. But if you divorce and marry quickly after that... then that (at least by my personal moral code) is wrong, because it seems premeditated, divorcing one just so you could marry the other. Wait a year or two... then remarry... but that's just me.
Anyway...
Spoiler

morsel

morsel

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationAthens, GA
in response to the OP - yep. i think the show would benefit from rick eventually finding another romantic interest.

who knows - maybe part of the reason they played rick & lori's relationship the way they did was to make it less difficult to accept the idea of him finding someone else in a season or two.

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
I think it's okay for Rick to move on but I don't see him doing that with any of the female characters currently on the show. For Lori is a slightly different where she knew Shane before the ZA and who knows, Shane might have had a thing for Lori all along. Rick would have to start off with someone knew and he strikes me as the type of person who is loyal, he already feels gulity over Lori's death. And now he has a daughter to think about, he may impose a self mourning period that could last a while. I don't want Rick getting with just anyone, it needs to be the right someone.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

lilasskickergrimes

lilasskickergrimes

Infected

• Members

I don't think the OP means right now, just in general....

Sorry but what does OP mean?

Timbersnake

Timbersnake

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationColumbia Tn
Original post or original poster, the first post or person to post on a topic in an online forum, or the original poster of a certain subject. A lot of younger folks use initials such as OP,LOL, etc.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!