Daryl, Carol And Merle Prediction Made To Suffer

made to suffer mid season finale rick michonne daryl merle andrea governor

onmyradar

onmyradar

Infected

• Members
that's actually interesting. I definitely see Daryl killing Merle and if Merle were to kill Carol, I think that would send him over the edge just enough to do the job. Then again, everyone is thinking Daryl is going to kill Merle, are the writers going to be that predictable? I kind of hope it plays out differently.
and
Spoiler

lilasskickergrimes

lilasskickergrimes

Infected

• Members

that's actually interesting. I definitely see Daryl killing Merle and if Merle were to kill Carol, I think that would send him over the edge just enough to do the job. Then again, everyone is thinking Daryl is going to kill Merle, are the writers going to be that predictable? I kind of hope it plays out differently.
and

Spoiler

On second thought It would be too easy to have that "Daryl kills Merle to avenge Carols Death", thats too predictable for the show,
but another thought crossed my mind.

Daryl will not kill Merle, he has no reason to. Even after the whole Glenn and Maggie thing. It will upset A LOT but that will not be enough for him to actually KILL his brother. I think that Daryl will be in a tight life or death situation with the governor, and Merle will redeem himself, by either killing the governor himself to protect his younger brother. He will definetly not do it for the group, but for his "baby brother". A little Luke/Vader moment like in Return of the Jedi, like in one of my other posts.

Either way Merle will not be accepted by the Governor again, since he lied to him about Michonne, and Ricks group will certainly not take him in. Looks like he needs a hand. No pun intended :)

CaveDead

CaveDead

Infected

• Members
If you all recall Merle was part of the original Shane group at the rock quarry....
Daryl: "Hey Merle! Get your ugly ass out here, got us some squirrels!" after the group killed the deer-eating zombie (and Daryl finished it with a bolt to the head). So Merle knows about Carl via Lori and Shane. The only ones he doesn't know are the ones from the Farm, meaning the Greenes. That's why Maggie told the Guv that she had "nothing to do with that", on Merle's hand.

TheLethalWeapon

TheLethalWeapon

Infected

• Members
I think Carl chooses to leave Carol behind.

mrsmayhem

mrsmayhem

Infected

• Members

Also, does anyone else find it comical that Daryl, Carol, and Merle rhyme?

Merle does not rhyme with Carol and Daryl.
Formerly Glennismine...

Grénádé

Grénádé

Lurker

• Members
The biggest cliffhanger they could do, in my opinion, is definitely something involving Daryl and Merle.

arkeye

arkeye

Infected

• Members
My predictions.

Michonne will give Penny a full haircut. The Gov. discovering his daughter is now in two will totally lose it. The Gov. may not see Michonne but he will figure out that Merle lied to him about killing her (not many people swinging swords decapitating walkers with a clean stroke). Daryl will be captured trying to free Glenn and the farmers daughter Maggie. The Gov. will put Merle v. Daryl in the zombie fighting ring. Brother v Brother.
I wonder how long until Maggie is posing in Playboy?

shanesghost

shanesghost

Infected

• Members
Another reason Carl needs to die soon. He got Dale killed, he got the farm over-run (couldn't he just yell "Look out Dad" and then let Rick dispatch him quietly - no, he wanted to use his gun).

I want to see Carl go down as much as I did Lori. Rick is the only decent member of the Grimes family.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

I don't think Woodbury will reach the prison this episode. It will take place entirely in Woodbury as far as fighting goes.

I think he was stating how it would go the rest of the season, not just this upcoming episode.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

It's my first time in a forum so please excuse me in case I did something wrong.

I personally think the story arche with the Dixon brothers will go as following:

1. Team Prison will try and free Maggie and Glenn in a fierce battle against the Woodbury Stronghold
while and Merle and others will try and locate the prison, finding the rest of Rick's Group.
2. Merle will only be recognized by Carl and Carol in the group, Merle will go after Carol, killing her.
3. Andrea will meet Daryl in Woodbury, explaining his brother is alive but not in Woodbury at the moment, realizing that Woodbury knows the whereabouts of the Prison.Daryl wants to go back alone, but is held back by Rick, explaining that his brother is a threat to everybody, Daryl is not convinced.
4. Team Prison manages to rescue both Maggie and Glenn and flee back into the Redzone,desperatly hurrying back to the Prison, just like in "Vatos".
5. They discover that the group has managed to killl most intruders, except Merle, who fled back to Woodbury along with a few henchmen.
6. Carl tells Daryl that Carol was murdered by Merle.He finally aknowledges that his brother is a monster and stays loyal to the group.
7. Rick regroups and discuss their next move, storming Woodbury. Daryl is focused on avenging Carols death by killing Merle.

this is my prediction, what do you think?

The only issue I have here is Merle going to the prison. First, TG told the other 2 hunchmen to get a couple guys to scout the prison. Merle wasn't included in that. Plus, no way TG let's Merle scout the prison where his brother might be. He already is suspicious of his allegiance.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

I just based this on the fact that if Merle would ever reach the prison, he would go for Carol because:

1. As far as I believe, Merle does not know that Carl is Rick's son.
2. Merle knows Carol from the Camp in Atlanta.
3. The others are "strangers" to him,

But there is also a possibility that Carol has to be in the show, as Judith's "babysitter" when Rick and the group go on missions.
And I believe that the Daryl/Carol relationship is not an intimate one, more of a mother figure for Daryl that he never really had, which is pretty sweet. It doesnt always have to be romantic between a man and a woman.

The whole "Want to fool around?", "I'll go down first.", "Even better" dialogue pretty much put that mother/son relationship to rest. No it doesn't have to be romantic, but you don't say those things to someone you look up to as a mom. There is no romantic connection, at least not yet. I think Daryl just deeply cares for Carol, and vice versa.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

The previews are meant to deceive. I'm betting Carl is talking about a walker.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
I agree that many previews are designed to deceive, but why would Carl need to tell anyone to leave a walker behind?

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

lilasskickergrimes

lilasskickergrimes

Infected

• Members

Another reason Carl needs to die soon. He got Dale killed, he got the farm over-run (couldn't he just yell "Look out Dad" and then let Rick dispatch him quietly - no, he wanted to use his gun).

I want to see Carl go down as much as I did Lori. Rick is the only decent member of the Grimes family.

Carl saved Hershells life by searching prison for medicine, while everyone just stared at a bleeding stump.
Carl saved Rick's life by shooting shane in the head.
Carl shot his own mom in the head to make sure she did not turn.
Carl saved Michonne, a valuable asset to the group, while Rick just stared at her from the prison fence.
Carl is actually in charge of the prison when the group set out to look for Maggie and Glenn.
The only reason why there is still a fight to survive for Rick is his children.

Carl is pretty decent in my eyes now. He always ran off before, but now he grew up, especially after Loris death...

Dazzle

Dazzle

Infected

• Members

If you all recall Merle was part of the original Shane group at the rock quarry....
Daryl: "Hey Merle! Get your ugly ass out here, got us some squirrels!" after the group killed the deer-eating zombie (and Daryl finished it with a bolt to the head). So Merle knows about Carl via Lori and Shane. The only ones he doesn't know are the ones from the Farm, meaning the Greenes. That's why Maggie told the Guv that she had "nothing to do with that", on Merle's hand.

Merle knows Carl .. he doesnt know that Carl is Rick's son though

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

I agree that many previews are designed to deceive, but why would Carl need to tell anyone to leave a walker behind?

We'll find out when the episode airs. :D

Zen_Master

Zen_Master

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationVirginia Beach, Virginia
...maybe Carol kills Merle to save Daryl's life during a final showdown between the bothers, after Daryl finds out what Merle has done, and Daryl won't join his side because he realizes he belongs with the group. just my .02 worth of speculation.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!