The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 7 - When The Dead Come Knocking - Review

michonne rick the walking dead season 3 glenn maggie merle the governor

The Walking Dead Season 3 - When The Dead Come Knocking (253 )

What did you think of this week's episode

1. Excellent (162 [64.03%] - )

64.03%

2. Good - Some Critiques (72 [28.46%] - )

28.46%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (13 [5.14%] - )

5.14%

4. Poor (6 [2.37%] - )

2.37%

Grénádé

Grénádé

Lurker

• Members
Holy crap.

Thoughts not organized yet but a great episode and cannot wait until next week.

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

And the way the governor was caressing her and the look he was making when he gave her back over too Glenn

The guv said the same "soothing" words to Andrea at the end, when he was holding her, "shh shh" etc. He's a sick man. He seems worried by Rick's group. He knows he's out of his depth. SOL as i've said before since the deaths of the Guv's main henchmen.

bournesto33

bournesto33

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationtexas
big fail for tonight, sorry have to mention it, Andrea, seriously i know where you going with her w/o the spoilers, so please just do is the favor and end her already

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

Amazing.
I have never spent an entire episode with my stomach churning like that. When they were reunited with Carol, it was so emotional. Her reaction to Lori's death was so sad.
Definitely sitting on the edge of my seat for all of the Glenn and Maggie scenes. I almost had to hide my eyes when that walker was unleashed on Glenn. Merle is a POS.
Why didn't Michonne tell them about Merle? She knew that there was a connection. She is definitely showing a pattern of withholding info. I do understand that there is not trust yet on both sides.
The scene with Andrea and Milton seemed like filler. I didn't understand the point when we knew where it was going.
The build up to the tension at the ending was awesome.

Did she know? I guess she did here the conversation, since she knew about the prison. She may not have gotten that part though. Otherwise i'm sure she would've said something, like hey glenn was taken by some guy with a decapitated hand who knew glenn from atlanta.
the walker attacking glenn was fantastic. glenn had so much rage in him after he killed the walker that i thought he could've taken out merle.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

Also forgot to mention that the scene between Carol and Rick is one of the most touching/heartbreaking of the series.

It was subtle but brilliant. The fact that there were no words exchanged, just emotions, shows how great of actors Melissa McBride and Andrew Lincoln are.

YES. I haven't cried once during this show yet but that scene almost brought out a tear. They have a great dynamic, those two definitely know how to play off each other. Dare I say even more than Reedus and McBride? Ha, Caryl fans would disagree but I think Lincoln and McBride as actors work better together, it was excellent. To be clear I don't mean dynamic in a romantic way at all, but obviously certain people will just click and work better with others.

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy
Man Michonne looks so badass with Rick...

Living Dead Grrrl

Living Dead Grrrl

Cynical Cadaverous Creeper

• Members
  • LocationThe Beyond
Intensely awesome episode but my mood was darkened by the constant messages scrolling across my screen about how Verizon may be dropping AMC. Screw you AMC for wanting to raise your prices so Verizon feels forced to drop you or charge me even more insane amounts of money per month. Double screw you to Verizon.

So I will re watch tomorrow.

""If a zombie bites you, you turn into a zombie. However, if a mummy bites you, all you turn into is some schmo with a mummy bite..."
Dellamorte Dellamore ... 'Of Death of Love'

meena76

meena76

S-mart Employee

• Members
Yes Merle is a POS. And the Gov is SOL.
I heart Rick. Shane had to go.

Darylrocks

Darylrocks

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationEdmond,ok

Also forgot to mention that the scene between Carol and Rick is one of the most touching/heartbreaking of the series.

It was subtle but brilliant. The fact that there were no words exchanged, just emotions, shows how great of actors Melissa McBride and Andrew Lincoln are.

It was great. I think he was more excited to see her than anyone was. He kinda had the same reaction when he first saw Lori and Carl at the campsite. It was great to see that they are one big special family. You are right it showed just how great Melissa and Andrew are.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
Loved how Michonne stood up to Daryl and his crossbow!! How did she say it, "Find them your damn self."

I also wonder if Daryl's highhandedness was why she neglected to mention Merle.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

Intensely awesome episode but my mood was darkened by the constant messages scrolling across my screen about how Verizon may be dropping AMC. Screw you AMC for wanting to raise your prices so Verizon feels forced to drop you or charge me even more insane amounts of money per month. Double screw you to Verizon.

So I will re watch tomorrow.

verizon put those messages on the screen? on cable whilst you were watching it? that sucks.

i can't turn off my subtitles, my flatscreen is bust, sucks as i read every word instead of watching the action. funny how our brains work.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

Amazing.
I have never spent an entire episode with my stomach churning like that. When they were reunited with Carol, it was so emotional. Her reaction to Lori's death was so sad.
Definitely sitting on the edge of my seat for all of the Glenn and Maggie scenes. I almost had to hide my eyes when that walker was unleashed on Glenn. Merle is a POS.
Why didn't Michonne tell them about Merle? She knew that there was a connection. She is definitely showing a pattern of withholding info. I do understand that there is not trust yet on both sides.
The scene with Andrea and Milton seemed like filler. I didn't understand the point when we knew where it was going.
The build up to the tension at the ending was awesome.

Good point about Michonne not mentioning Merle. So many things going on added with so much tension in this episode, I totally forgot she knew this information which was the reason Merle took them in the first place. So far, like her withholding from Andrea, I can't see why she wouldn't give out that vital information. I wonder if this will amount to something or if its just a convenient thing the writers are doing so they can have Merle be revealed to Daryl in a different way.

I didn't get the Andrea/Milton scene either until the end when the Gov was questioning her about it and the look he gave her. I believe that scenario was sat up for the Gov by Milton so if they could see if there would possibly be anyway to rehabilitate Penny and restore some of her recognition.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Did she know? I guess she did here the conversation, since she knew about the prison. She may not have gotten that part though. Otherwise i'm sure she would've said something, like hey glenn was taken by some guy with a decapitated hand who knew glenn from atlanta.
the walker attacking glenn was fantastic. glenn had so much rage in him after he killed the walker that i thought he could've taken out merle.

She is smart. I'm sure she put it together and she already knows that Andrea knows Merle.

YES. I haven't cried once during this show yet but that scene almost brought out a tear. They have a great dynamic, those two definitely know how to play off each other. Dare I say even more than Reedus and McBride? Ha, Caryl fans would disagree but I think Lincoln and McBride as actors work better together, it was excellent. To be clear I don't mean dynamic in a romantic way at all, but obviously certain people will just click and work better with others.

I noticed that Rick and Michonne seemed to make a connection. I don't mean romantically either.

shrike

shrike

Roamer

• Members
Had me laughing real hard when Merle threw the walker at Glenn and said "you'll make a big meal, but you know what they say, he'll be hungry again in a hour"

jayde

jayde

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCanada

One of the best episodes this season, but it was sort of ruined by the old man in the cabin, just so random and out of place. And no one was really phased that they just killed and fed this man to a zombie except Oscar. It kind of contradicts the whole part in the episode guts when Rick tries to honor an already dead man. Even the shock value of it didn’t seem to work just seemed too wrong I thought maybe they would knock him out leave him. And my theory for his actions is hes been living in the woods alone, he could be senile or have mental problems.(he did have a dead dog in his cabin.) His cabin was boarded up so he knew about the zombies at least to an extent. It is confusing that he said he would call the cops but people living out in the middle of nowhere isolated(kind of like the prisoners) may not know the extent of things. The man definitely seemed off I wouldn’t think of his behaviors as rational or coherent.(does he even have a phone?)

Rick tried to go another route, though. He tried to quiet him down, to calm him, but the guy was understandably raving like a lunatic. I also thought they all kinda seemed surprised when Michonne just stabbed the guy.

I think they're passed the point where these things will phase them at all. Look at all the group has been through, they know whats a threat to them and they know they can't take any chances or hesitate in handling a possible threat. In the past, this is the kind of stuff that just led to tragedies for the group, so it's not surprise that they didn't react stronger to the old guy getting killed.
The 'call the cops' thing was probably just a bluff, too.

Living Dead Grrrl

Living Dead Grrrl

Cynical Cadaverous Creeper

• Members
  • LocationThe Beyond

verizon put those messages on the screen? on cable whilst you were watching it? that sucks.

i can't turn off my subtitles, my flatscreen is bust, sucks as i read every word instead of watching the action. funny how our brains work.

AMC had it going all during the show to save the channel. Dish just lost AMC, now Verizon is next because AMC is demanding a shit ton of money now that they have some award winning shows.

The guy in the cabin was weird. I dont think he was clueless though. i think he had just sort of given up and was lying under the covers waiting for some sort of end. I liked that scene

""If a zombie bites you, you turn into a zombie. However, if a mummy bites you, all you turn into is some schmo with a mummy bite..."
Dellamorte Dellamore ... 'Of Death of Love'

Darylrocks

Darylrocks

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationEdmond,ok

When i watched it i thought they would be a good pair and it would shock everyone. That would be a good triangle Rick, Carol and Daryl. It was a sweet scene and so emotional.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Good point about Michonne not mentioning Merle. So many things going on added with so much tension in this episode, I totally forgot she knew this information which was the reason Merle took them in the first place. So far, like her withholding from Andrea, I can't see why she wouldn't give out that vital information. I wonder if this will amount to something or if its just a convenient thing the writers are doing so they can have Merle be revealed to Daryl in a different way.

I didn't get the Andrea/Milton scene either until the end when the Gov was questioning her about it and the look he gave her. I believe that scenario was sat up for the Gov by Milton so if they could see if there would possibly be anyway to rehabilitate Penny and restore some of her recognition.

That's a good point about Penny. It does make more sense.

Lainey

Lainey

Infected

• Members

The guv said the same "soothing" words to Andrea at the end, when he was holding her, "shh shh" etc. He's a sick man. He seems worried by Rick's group. He knows he's out of his depth. SOL as i've said before since the deaths of the Guv's main henchmen.

I noticed that, too, about him soothing Andrea the same way he was "soothing" Maggie.

More thoughts:

-If I had to listen to that record over and over, I would have stabbed myself in the head.
-I now get why everyone's been saying Andrea is an idiot. She seems to just be there for T & A at this point.
-I wonder what Daryl's going to do when he discovers that Merle is in Woodbury? I hope they don't kill Daryl anytime soon. I've recently become a Caryl-shipper. I know, I know, I can't believe it either. It's from watching this video over and over:

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

She is smart. I'm sure she put it together and she already knows that Andrea knows Merle.

I noticed that Rick and Michonne seemed to make a connection. I don't mean romantically either.

oh yeah, that makes sense about andrea knowing merle.

brain baker

brain baker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationcuffed to a roof

Had me laughing real hard when Merle threw the walker at Glenn and said "you'll make a big meal, but you know what they say, he'll be hungry again in a hour"

That must be a Dixon brother gift. Some how they can both be racist as hell but still be funny.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members

Rick tried to go another route, though. He tried to quiet him down, to calm him, but the guy was understandably raving like a lunatic. I also thought they all kinda seemed surprised when Michonne just stabbed the guy.

I think they're passed the point where these things will phase them at all. Look at all the group has been through, they know whats a threat to them and they know they can't take any chances or hesitate in handling a possible threat. In the past, this is the kind of stuff that just led to tragedies for the group, so it's not surprise that they didn't react stronger to the old guy getting killed.
The 'call the cops' thing was probably just a bluff, too.

I think Michonne surprised them only because they don't know her. They don't know what to expect from her yet, but they are learning.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

Rictatorship

Rictatorship

Infected

• Members
Loved the entire episode. The governor and maggie scene was so intense and suspenseful i was kind of nervous watching it. My only complaint is the barn scene which was completely unnecessary and it felt like it was just thrown in there for a zombie moment. Complete filler. Added nothing to the plot. Other than that it was great. Next weeks episode looks AMAZING!!!!!.

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon
Merle seems to hide his racism from the Guv. Anyone notice this?

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members

Merle seems to hide his racism from the Guv. Anyone notice this?

I noticed and posted in the "Glimmer of Hope" thread about it.

Check out my blog

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!