Which Character Have You Been Most Disappointed By?

comics

The Governor

The Governor

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationMidlands, England
I loved comic Dale, he was the reliable wise man of the group and someone who gave guidance to Rick when it was needed. TV Dale was a fussy old git who poked his nose in other people's business far too often and wasn't much use.

Comic Andrea is a brave, young, spirited woman. She is loyal and puts the needs of the group above her own. TV Andrea is an older, naive woman who puts the needs of herself above others.

Comic Axel was a big biker with a huge heart, he chipped in and helped out wherever he was required to and he was a bit of comic relief where there was none before and hasn't been any since. TV Axel seems like a *total* pussy.

I was going to say I'm most disappointed with Axel but I think it has to be Andrea, for the reasons that many have covered extensively already. Also Axel has time to turn it around. But, I digress, I don't wish this to become another 'I hate Andrea' thread.

When put versus their comic counterparts, which character have you been most disappointed by?

The Ricktatorship begins!!!

dogwalker

dogwalker

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEssex/ London

I loved comic Dale, he was the reliable wise man of the group and someone who gave guidance to Rick when it was needed. TV Dale was a fussy old git who poked his nose in other people's business far too often and wasn't much use.

Comic Andrea is a brave, young, spirited woman. She is loyal and puts the needs of the group above her own. TV Andrea is an older, naive woman who puts the needs of herself above others.

Comic Axel was a big biker with a huge heart, he chipped in and helped out wherever he was required to and he was a bit of comic relief where there was none before and hasn't been any since. TV Axel seems like a *total* pussy.

I was going to say I'm most disappointed with Axel but I think it has to be Andrea, for the reasons that many have covered extensively already. Also Axel has time to turn it around. But, I digress, I don't wish this to become another 'I hate Andrea' thread.

When put versus their comic counterparts, which character have you been most disappointed by?

Did TV Dale really pick his nose or are we just imagining that because of his overly large nostrils...?

I'm most disappointed by Carl, though there is always room for improvement. I also don't understand why they even bothered naming Melissa McBride's character 'Carol' - She's nothing like her comic self! Though I'm not *too* disappointed by that.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned
T-Dogg. For dying before his time.

Dale was my fave, but he got stupid and paid the price.

The Governor

The Governor

Lurker

• Members

Did TV Dale really pick his nose or are we just imagining that because of his overly large nostrils...?

I'm most disappointed by Carl, though there is always room for improvement. I also don't understand why they even bothered naming Melissa McBride's character 'Carol' - She's nothing like her comic self! Though I'm not *too* disappointed by that.

Yeah, good shout for Carl, he's much better in the comic.

the Walkin Dude

the Walkin Dude

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationSouthern Md. Chesapeake Bay
Have never read the comic, however on the AMC show, have to go with Andrea. Has nothing to do with her sexual habits. Don't like the way she ditched Michonne, and seems so enamored by the governor, and doesn't seem like she misses her old crew at all.
Roll outta my coffin Drink poison in my chalice Pride begins to fade And y'all feel my malice

Damon Z

Damon Z

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationSouth of Atlanta.
Andrea

I really like her character in the comics, but Andrea on the tv series is just awful. By the end of S2 it looked as though she was heading in the right direction, but that all changed once she got to Woodbury.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

"It's not the same as killing the dead ones, daddy"

brain baker

brain baker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationcuffed to a roof
I'm disappointed in comic T-Dog..... I mean I know he doesn't talk much in the show but it's like comic T-Dog isn't even there..... (they should add T-Dog to the comic and make him a loud mouth who never shuts up. Of course like in the show he should be a total bad ass.)

Kat

Kat

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPretty Much A Swamp
*zipping flame suit*

I have to say, Michonne is falling short for me on the show. Of course, there is more to this season, but her surley stares and monosyllabic grunts really aren't living up to the hype.

Andrea would be a close second. How could they manage to screw up such a great comic character so badly?!?!

Bestrafen

Bestrafen

Roamer

• Members
Andrea. It's pretty obvious why. To a very small degree, Michonne but it's too early to tell. She feels very comic-booky where she's like a superhero jumping out of trees.

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOttawa
Never read the comic, but I will comment anyway in terms of the characters television evolution. If I accept the personalities as the show portrays them, then I have to say Glenn. I know he became connected to Maggie, who is shining btw, but I still want Glenn to be the go to guy for small operations. I expect I will get that Glenn back in the next few episodes (if they let him live).

I am trying to assume Andrea was beaten down psychologically by seven months of fighting, followed by sickness, and that she is embracing blindly the safety of Woodbury. It's plausable, people do that daily all over the world. I expected more from her, though. I do hope she snaps out of it.

57channels

57channels

S-mart Employee

• Members
I'm saying the Gov. They've made him too human. In the comic he was pure evil, treated Penny like a dog. On the show he's hugging her.
He just doesn't come off as evil as his comic counterpart.

The Governor

The Governor

Lurker

• Members

I'm saying the Gov. They've made him too human. In the comic he was pure evil, treated Penny like a dog. On the show he's hugging her.

Spot on. Comic Gov was practically a sadist, his actions left you with no doubt about how messed up he was. TV Gov only has the soldiers deaths and attempted tracking down and murder of Michonne as black marks against his name, both of which can be (sort of) explained away as a leader being preemptive in defence of his town.

Melquiades Estrada

Melquiades Estrada

Roamer

• Members
Im actually happy with all characters atm, andrea seems to get a lot of hate but puff if whe go on what have happend in the show shes ok.

Dont compare the comic story with the show in regards how characters act/react and imo its good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOttawa
I am glad the Governor isn't as bad as he is in the comics (from what I've heard). Both he and Michonne worried me that they would make the show too silly. Of course the governor might still show a more brutal side, and Michonne's been kept away from super-heroism (I don't mind her being extremely skilled, the skilled do stand a better chance of surviving after all.)

CrystalBabyGrimm

CrystalBabyGrimm

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan
Andrea. I am really trying to like her but she just isnt as strong in the show as in the comic.

"One more thing......he was an organ donor".

zenthebanana

zenthebanana

Infected

• Members
  • LocationRiding polar bears in Canada
TV Dale seemed like such a minor character compared to the comic, which is really sad since he was one of my favourites.
He was also way too self righteous; all he seemed to do was judge people.

kitsune89

kitsune89

Infected

• Members
Andrea.

I love her in the comics. In the tv show, I don't hate the character. I'm actually enjoying the direction the show seems to be going with that storyline and I can't wait for shit to hit the fan when Andrea discovers the Gov's true nature, but it sucks that they had to do it with Andrea and take her in a completely different direction. I can't see tv Andrea ever redeeming herself and becoming like comic Andrea.

Carl I think still has time to become more like the comic counterpart. He was featured more in the tv show during a story arc where he didn't have much of a role in the comic book. I think there's still hope for him but we'll see

Trillian

Trillian

Biter

• Members

Actually, I prefer the TV Governor. His comic counterpart is just too evil and lacking in subtlety.

Beware, I am emoticon-impaired.

BeardedOne

BeardedOne

Roamer

• Members
Rick.

Definitely Rick.

I HATE the way they are portraying him on the series. He's too mentally weak. Too inconsistent. It's like they keep switching back and forth between "good/pre-ZA Rick" and "hardened realistic/post-ZA Rick". Every time they develop him, they seem to make him do something regressive.

Big disappointment.

Andrea would be next on the list...

journeynsolace

journeynsolace

Roamer

• Members
I haven't read the comics, but from what I read in forums, I was really looking forward to Axel. I thought based on the comics talk that he'd be more of a "badass" who could possibly rival Daryl, but that's definitely not what I'm seeing. I can't say if I'm "disappointed" in the Axel we have though yet. As a completely different character who just happens to have the name Axel, I find TV Axel believable and something different for the group.

I was disappointed in how they handled T-Dog overall. He just didn't have anything to do or any characterization really, so he'd be my biggest disappointment.

Grimace

Grimace

Infected

• Members
God, where do I begin?

Andrea: the worst offender, in my opinion. The comic version of Andrea is such a great, powerful character, but I've found nothing remarkable about the TV version. In fact, she's quite annoying and grates on my nerves. It's a pity since her actress is great.
Shane: I'm not too disappointed by his character, but I do felt he was dragged on for far too long.
Axel: even though his character isn't that major in the comics by any means, he was still slightly memorable, and I don't like that they turned him from a laid back biker dude to a sniveling weasel and a coward.
Patricia: I enjoyed her actress, I just felt they cut her time way too short. Patricia in the comics did some absurd things, and it would've been nice to have someone like that in the TV series.
Sophia: it's still a bit annoying that they killed her off. I get why they did it, but it's such a major deviation from the comics.

I'd list Dale, but to be honest, I don't really miss him in the TV show. And I feel the other characters are similar to their comic counterparts (Rick, Glenn, Amy), or even better (Maggie, Lori, Carol).

PleaseKillCarl

PleaseKillCarl

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.
1) Andrea- She's such a bad ass in the comics and vital to the survival of the group...the show- not so much. I'm sure they'll eventually turn her around (hopefully) but they are taking their damn time doing it

2) Dale - I loathed everything about TV show-Dale from day 1. I had watched the 1st season before I read the comics and once i started reading them I could not believe how badly they fucked him up. What a waste of an interesting character!

Zombiemomto4

Zombiemomto4

Infected

• Members
Completely hate Andrea...... She just turns my stomach.

magiksage

magiksage

Infected

• Members
Andrea. Her character had so much promise by the end of season 2 but that has since come to a screeching halt this season. Comic book Andrea will always be one of my favorite characters but tv Andrea is a different story.

ZombieHarvester

ZombieHarvester

Infected

• Members
  • LocationSafe Haven
Talking about Character, It's got to be Michonne for me, she just doesn't seem badass enough, In The comic, there were numerous when she kicks ass, but in The Show, all she got to do is talk, and that scene in the forest won't make up for me either, In the comic, she was abused and still stand up.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!