9. Other (14 [9.27%])

9.27%

Dr.ChimRitchels

Dr.ChimRitchels

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationDetroit, MI
I'm gonna go out on a limb...
and say: Merle will eventually be killed by a flying roundhouse kick, delivered by Herschel's machete-leg.

MyBoyfriendDaryl

MyBoyfriendDaryl

Infected

• Members
  • LocationFresno

Personally I think it will be Carl or maybe Carol. I'm very sure that eventually there will be some kind of showdown between Daryl and Merle but what people are seeming to forget is that merle is a pretty intimidating fighter. He single-handedly beat Rick, T & Morales in S1 before being surprised by Rick and he was holding out pretty well against Michonne until the walkers showed up. I think if they had a confrontation unless Daryl just shot Merle (which I don't think he'd do) he'd probably get the shit get kicked out of him by his big bro. My bets that they fight and Daryl loses and Merle being the prick he is goes to kill him and Carl or one of the other survivors will shoot Merle. Carl doing it has the biggest character impact especially as him and Daryl seem to be bonding allot in the last few Eps.

I agree with this a lot, good theory.

EvieSessions

EvieSessions

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationNashville, TN
Morgan will kill merle. lol :P At least, that's what i'm hoping happens.
I am you and what I see, is me.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

Morgan will kill merle. lol :P At least, that's what i'm hoping happens.

You read my mind. That would be a cool way to re-introduce him.

GoKillZombies

GoKillZombies

Lurker

• Members
Morgan would be great. Somebody please tell me why I have such an interest in Morgan...a minor character, really. But I sooooo wanna see him back. Maybe its because my subconscience thinks he will bring back some of the magic of season one with him?

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

Morgan would be great. Somebody please tell me why I have such an interest in Morgan...a minor character, really. But I sooooo wanna see him back. Maybe its because my subconscience thinks he will bring back some of the magic of season one with him?

I think that is part of it. I would love to see him and his son join Rick's group. They are good people and can help in a fight. That would really please me.

I wonder if the current regime considers them 'Darabont characters' and thus, undesirable.

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members
Comic Spoiler:
Spoiler

Promo Video Spoiler:
Spoiler

As for who is killing Merle, I have read a lot of the comments and have to say a lot of people have very creative ideas of what may or may not happen. I am still feeling Carol will kill Merle to save Daryl. It would be kind of nice to see Merle make it to the next part of Season 3 (Eps 9-16).

MisterPriz

MisterPriz

Infected

• Members
  • LocationAsheville, NC
Ok, my take is .... no one kills Merle (at least not yet).

Every show needs an antagonist as well as a protagonist (perhaps that's why Merle is a new character to the TV version; to fill that void.)

I think Rick and his Group (including Michonne) come to rescue G&M. The Governor sees Michonne and is furious. His dispactches most of his henchmen to deal with the threat of Rick's Group, but sends two of his most trustworthy goons to fetch Merle.

Merle is watching this unfold from a second story window ... and knows he's in deep shit. He climbs out a back window, jumps the wall into Z-Land and disappears into the wilderness.

He lives to fight another day ... and we all spend the next season-and-a-half worrying about where and when Merle will show up next to wreak havoc on our Group.

And thus, the antagonist lives on.

Following this episode, Michael Rooker is a guest on The Talking Dead and hints at what might be Merle's eventual fate. This drives us all nuts and we start 17 new topics on the subject here in this forum. And Rooker gets the high score on that zombie shooter game on The Talking Dead Online Bonus Segment.

Dr.ChimRitchels

Dr.ChimRitchels

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationDetroit, MI
Obviously, the "Michonne's dead" lie will come back to bite Merle. I think Michonne, returning with Rick & co., and wreaking havoc in Woodbury, is going to cause a major rift between him and the Gov., leaving Merle to flee Woodbury for his life, before the mid-season finale.
At some point, next season, Merle will show up at the prison, perhaps manipulating Daryl into letting his guard down, and luring him outside the gates, at which point, he'll get the drop on him, and threaten to kill his own brother, with a bullet, unless they let him inside the gate. As walkers emerge from the woods, toward the shouting, and tension builds, Merle plays "chicken" with the prison survivors, teasing them that their time is running out, to make a decision.
Suddenly, one of the walkers, closest to Merle, before he can realize it, turns out to be Michonne, camouflaged in zombie guts, and she slices off his gun hand. He takes a swing at her, with his bayonet, misses, and that gets sliced away, too. She and Daryl slip inside the gate, Daryl bids his brother a cold farewell, and walks away, not looking back, leaving Merle to run away, handless, and panic stricken, into the horizon, where he will eventually bleed-out, or starve to death, offscreen.
Blah, blah, blah, some other stuff happens, and before the credits roll, we get a shot of zombie-Merle staggering toward the Woodbury wall, when an arrow pierces his forehead.
"And THAT is how it's done!" boasts an overconfident Hayley, to a couple new archery students. High fives all around. Credits.
In the end, Daryl would have been right. Essentially, due to his own brazen stupidity, Merle will have killed Merle.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned
LOL. Oh man! HALEY kills him? That would be freaking HILARIOUS.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Obviously, the "Michonne's dead" lie will come back to bite Merle. I think Michonne, returning with Rick & co., and wreaking havoc in Woodbury, is going to cause a major rift between him and the Gov., leaving Merle to flee Woodbury for his life, before the mid-season finale.
At some point, next season, Merle will show up at the prison, perhaps manipulating Daryl into letting his guard down, and luring him outside the gates, at which point, he'll get the drop on him, and threaten to kill his own brother, with a bullet, unless they let him inside the gate. As walkers emerge from the woods, toward the shouting, and tension builds, Merle plays "chicken" with the prison survivors, teasing them that their time is running out, to make a decision.
Suddenly, one of the walkers, closest to Merle, before he can realize it, turns out to be Michonne, camouflaged in zombie guts, and she slices off his gun hand. He takes a swing at her, with his bayonet, misses, and that gets sliced away, too. She and Daryl slip inside the gate, Daryl bids his brother a cold farewell, and walks away, not looking back, leaving Merle to run away, handless, and panic stricken, into the horizon, where he will eventually bleed-out, or starve to death, offscreen.
Blah, blah, blah, some other stuff happens, and before the credits roll, we get a shot of zombie-Merle staggering toward the Woodbury wall, when an arrow pierces his forehead.
"And THAT is how it's done!" boasts an overconfident Hayley, to a couple new archery students. High fives all around. Credits.
In the end, Daryl would have been right. Essentially, due to his own brazen stupidity, Merle will have killed Merle.

:lol:
Glen Mazzara?? Is that you?

Dr.ChimRitchels

Dr.ChimRitchels

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationDetroit, MI

LOL. Oh man! HALEY kills him? That would be freaking HILARIOUS.

Well, undead Merle, anyway. He isn't as spry.
I kept thinking of Daryl saying: "Only Merle can kill Merle.", and how that might happen, even figuratively. If Merle had to flee Woodbury, and could convince Daryl that he acted out of fear of the Gov, and appeal to Daryl's sense of brotherly duty, he might have a chance, however remote, to find safe shelter, in a locked cell, until the others were convinced he wasn't a threat anymore- but of course, he would blow it, because he's a violent idiot, who cant think three steps ahead. Hence, he would have done himself in by forcing someone's hand, when it needn't be.

Dr.ChimRitchels

Dr.ChimRitchels

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationDetroit, MI

:lol:
Glen Mazzara?? Is that you?

I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks! :)

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members
Realistically I think the Gov might, in actuality I think Merle might do a self-sacrifice kinda deal. But I personally want Daryl to. Mostly cause this would give me all types of brotherly angst feels as well as sympathy feels for Daryl. Also I always get a kick out of people complaining about how perfect Daryl is, as well as all his screen time lol.

waffle808

waffle808

Infected

• Members
i think merle will realize the guv is a bad guy and come to his senses but it will be too late and he will have to sacrifice himself so that rick's group and his brother can live. or the guv will kill him and that will spark daryl getting involved in the attack on woodbury. the group dynamic would be fubar'd if someone in the group killed merle and daryl knew about it. this way they wont have that awkwardness and can still salvage whats left of merle's good side if he goes out like this. but as others have said, michael rooker is a great actor and he will be missed if he does go.

Sportskmom

Sportskmom

Infected

• Members
I think that the Gov will order Merle to fight in the gladiator fights with an unknown opponent , when the lights shine on the walkers he thinks something looks different but doesn't have time to figure it out before his opponent is led into the ring with a bag on his head when it was removed there stands Daryl. Merle then sees the Gov standing by the stands he is shocked, he has a gun pointed in back as to say the lying is over.the ring judge announces this fight will be to the death! Merle argues then goes to the Gov to beg forgiveness, explaining that is his baby brother. The Gov says they fight and if Daryl wins Daryl won't have to kill Mrele but if Merle wins he must kill Daryl. Thinking this is the way out he lets Daryl win and as the ref raises his hand Merle sees The Gov raise his gun to shoot Daryl, Merle shoves Daryl to the ground and tajes a bullet to his shoulder, the bullet impact propelled Merle forward right into the arms of a walker and that is when he can see up close what was different, these walkers teeth had not been removed! It begins tearing Merle's flesh off and while everyone is in a trance watching what is happening he is able to pick up Merle's blade attachment, stab the Govs 2 henchmen, knock the gun from the Govs hand to free Michone.Andrea has witnessed this all and is sickened by it so she shows them where to find Glenn and Maggie,, Michone and Andrea go to get them while Daryl holds off the Gov and his men. When everyone has gathered back at the arena Daryl does the only humane thing he can do and that was to put a bullet in his brothers brain and he gave those from his group 15 minuets to deal with the Gov for any wrong he had done to them, the ones involved took him into the cell he held them in and punish him. The group is allowed to leave with no other attempts to follow or harm our group. This is not a spoiler because this is a dream I had of how this whole section works itself out.i
I don't think Daryl can kill Merle unless he harms someone in the group and then Daryl would have to see proof for himself but if the Gov tried to kill Daryl I think Merle would try to prevent it.

dogwalker

dogwalker

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEssex/ London
I'd be willing to bet a lot it's Andrea that kills him, though I didn't see her option there.

Major comic spoiler:
Spoiler

But who do I HOPE kills him? Penny ;p.

alexpetrov

alexpetrov

Infected

• Members
  • LocationPoland
Looking at the poll results, I am somehow surprised nobody believes Rick himself will do it.
Hei, If you're russian speaking, join us in creating the Walking Dead Wiki Project - http://ru.walkingdead.wikia.com

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

Looking at the poll results, I am somehow surprised nobody believes Rick himself will do it.

I think he MIGHT think about Merle, sit down, and have good cry.

Bestrafen

Bestrafen

Roamer

• Members
Merle will commit suicide after realizing what a colossal douche he's been to everyone.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

Merle will commit suicide after realizing what a colossal douche he's been to everyone.

Only Merle can freshen Merle.

Hellraiser-89

Hellraiser-89

Infected

• Members
  • LocationHiding from the walkers
I hope no one kills him cause he's an interesting character but if I had to choose someone, I'd choose either Rick or Daryl.

MorningStar

MorningStar

Infected

• Members
If Merle by any miracle become a good guy...the Guv gonna kill him
if he stay a bad guy until the very end...no one but daryl can do it, cause he needs to have some closure.

Wille22

Wille22

Infected

• Members
  • LocationFinland
Or then he will not die at all and joins to the Rick's team =D.....Yeah he doesn't

Pbonetheman

Pbonetheman

Infected

• Members

Yeah. I sure have no objection to him dying. He's a mad dog now (this week, anyway).

It is a shame, though. It would have been a very cool plot twist to have him reform from the creep he was into an honourable man.

Really a lost opportunity. Lost to a cliched resolution - we all expected him to come back and haunt the group when they left him.

I think he lost the opportunity to live and redeem himself.... However, I think Merle will kill the gov to save his brother and die In the process.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!