• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Marcuslloydak

Marcuslloydak

Lurker

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • LocationEngland
The girl that was 'training' Andrea to work on the wall. What do you think of her? One off appearance like what it looks like a lot of the Woodbury residents will be (the guy who died in hounded, the dr, rowan etc), or do you think she'll come back? I liked the character, and think she has potential as I think she's meant to be the tv counterpart to Lilly. However, I don't think they'll have her again on the show, which is a shame.

The Governor

The Governor

Lurker

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • LocationMidlands, England
The girl who was bragging about how good she was with a bow then couldn't hit a walker to save her life? I could take or leave her.

The Ricktatorship begins!!!

Steph

Steph

♥Rick's Girl♥

• Moderators
  • 2,914 posts
  • LocationRick's Right Hip
I thought she sucked. That walker was practically two feet away. What the hell was she using, rubber arrows? My kid could have hit that and keep in mind my oldest isn't quite 7 yet.
Posted Image

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Moderators
  • 7,595 posts
  • Locationunder the comic covers
I'm not sure if that scene was supposed to show us that Woodbury's defenses are not that strong, or what, but it really seemed like a waste of time. What ever it was supposed to show us, I think it could have been done better.

zombiebanner-1.jpg

Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Lurker

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
I think it was supposed to be a heart to heart conversation with a jarring interruption showing how savage that Andrea could be.

Too bad the scene was poorly shot and that girl didn't know how to shoot a bow worth shit. I could shoot a walker better than her with my non-compound bow

Bestrafen

Bestrafen

Roamer

• Members
  • 776 posts
Arrogance + incompetence = Angry Me.
Posted Image

Xfirekeenmike

Xfirekeenmike

Biter

• Banned
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas mcallen area
She is the on of the Governors' many wingmen.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members
  • 947 posts

I'm not sure if that scene was supposed to show us that Woodbury's defenses are not that strong, or what, but it really seemed like a waste of time. What ever it was supposed to show us, I think it could have been done better.

Agreed. The character came off a bit ridiculous, although I only think it was a scene because something needed to happen to get Andrea back in front of the Gov again plot wise for their romance, but like you said, it could have been done better.

Posted Image

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Viggo's one and only girl

• Moderators
  • 7,389 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Florida

Agreed. The character came off a bit ridiculous, although I only think it was a scene because something needed to happen to get Andrea back in front of the Gov again plot wise for their romance, but like you said, it could have been done better.

I wondered if it was to show that Andrea was coming to the realization that she was more excited by the fights then she originally let on.

jasonmars

jasonmars

Infected

• Members
  • 20 posts
Way too early to say anything about her. As of now, she seems all talk, the way she was boasting about her bow skills.

T-E-X

T-E-X

Lurker

• Banned
  • 305 posts

I thought she sucked. That walker was practically two feet away. What the hell was she using, rubber arrows? My kid could have hit that and keep in mind my oldest isn't quite 7 yet.

That walker was across the street + the grassy area between wall and street curb - at least 30-40 feet. My no means an impossible shot, but not a "gimme" either if aiming for the head

Johnny

Johnny

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania USA
Haley was a bit spacey and I don't think we'll see her back in any serious capacity.

The restless and increasingly bored Andrea realizes this and knows she'll be needed to defend Woodbury, if it comes to that.
"We have met the enemy and he is us."--the late comic strip artist Walt Kelly

Frank_Discussion

Frank_Discussion

Infected

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUp the old dirt road
While she was over the wall, Andrea should have collected the arrows from all those missed shots.

J4m4ic4n

J4m4ic4n

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 110 posts
let's clear up some facts here
1. the walker was defintiely not 2 feet away.
2. the person who said "oh my 7 year old son could hit it" i'd really love to see that. put him in an archery class and let's see him hit a bullseye from 20 feet away.
3. i agree, the "bragging about being a good shot" was a bit over the top though. she's probably an average shot at best. But that definitely wasn't a gimme unless you're legoles from LoTr

Von

Von

Infected

• Members
  • 49 posts
If this series boasted top-notch writers (which it does not) and dealt with subtle minutia (which it does not), then the Haley encounter could be a telling exposure of the realities of Woodbury...

But if we were to overlook the facts about the writers and their style, in a truly great show the encounter might have hinted at:

- Although the town is well protected, it may have been due to earlier happenstance rather than ingenious planning. Perhaps showing that the town was lucky not to be overly affected by the infected and was able to build up it's defense perimeter before overtaken by zombies. Therefore, Haley and the rest of the people are common folks acting like a fighting force...

- Seeing that she missed twice and the bow was her father's and not her own custom made one, could simply mean that her father was a little generous with the encouragement from a father to a daughter. Something he may have done while spending time together participating in her father's archery hobby. The fact that she was on the wall, even though she is not really that good may mean that the so called defense of the town is not really that strong. Or the Governor used her sense of self worth, with her father's words in her ear, to seduce yet another bedwarmer with even more generous encouragement.

I am sure that with more time and thought I could come up with other underlying conceptual meanings for the encounter. In fact if this was such a show then the forum would be rife with ideas as to what most things like this means. Such like the forums of The X Files or Lost were...

But with writing staff I guess it was soley to show Andrea could kill a zombie and give reason for her to have to go see the Gov for more silly flirt time.

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Zombie Herder

• Members
  • 9,970 posts
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4
I don't really have an opinion about her yet, if I ever even get the chance to form one, that is. Kind of felt like a one off appearance to me, I'd be surprised to see her again. I will say that she sounded like a lot of girls I went to school with as far as the idle chatter went. :smiley-confused002:

And yes, her shooting was underwhelming for someone who was "training for the Olympics". I understand that it wasn't a gimme shot, but if you're going to tout your bow prowess and claim to be one of the elite...

Edited by KidSeventySeven, 20 November 2012 - 02:39 AM.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed...

Hannah

Hannah

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 134 posts
I hated her! First of all she shouldve asked Andrea for some pointers instead of telling on her. Now Andrea got fired on her first day. Then she turn around and say this isn't a game. -Says the lady who probably attended every Arena Fight. Get real, did I mention her acting reminded me of something off a cheesy local station tv show.

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • 1,488 posts
  • LocationCanada

http://www.nj.com/en...ap_hounded.html

She is mentioned in this article. Her real name is Alexa Nikolas of Nickelodeon’s “Zoey 101”. Never saw it.

I was getting an Andrea/Amy vibe off her in that scene. Maybe beacause I heard Emma Bell's voice earlier. :wub2:

There is potential for Haley I think. Carl's new love interest.

WalkerBaitress

WalkerBaitress

Roamer

• Members
  • 533 posts
  • LocationTampa-area, FL

I was thinking this, too--or perhaps even to demonstrate that Woodbury's inhabitants aren't as well-equipped for the ZA as Andrea has been, after wandering around for 7-8 months in the wilderness while Woodbury enjoyed relative comfort and safety. Wondering if the Haley/Andrea scene was meant to (possible Ep 8 spoiler):

Spoiler

"Stick them with the pointy end." Arya Stark, Game of Thrones

DeGeorgetown

DeGeorgetown

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 140 posts
I thought she was a little creepy the way she joked about how the bow was her father's and she killed him for it. Andrea took it in a stride and just said "No, you didn't." But I probably would have scooted away from someone making that kind of joke.

Besides that I thought it was pretty funny how she bragged about her skills and then missed both shots. My bf insisted she shot the walker's ears off, but I thought she looked distressed about missing rather than triumphant about making super shots.

Zen_Master

Zen_Master

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, Virginia
i did not like her arrogance, angry demeanor, complete lack of skill after talking a boatload of smack. geez. if i saw a good-looking blonde jump off a wall, knock down a walker, and jam a knife into his skull, i'd be yelling hell yeahhh and getting her a beer.

The Governor

The Governor

Lurker

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • LocationMidlands, England
The more I think about this scene, the more I think there is in it to take away.

* Haley's insistence on obeying the rules, i.e not going over the wall. Tells us how strict the Governor is and how people are frightened of disobeying the rules. Also shows us more of Andrea's inability to listen to authority as Haley clearly outranked her in that scenario.

* It could hint at Woodbury not being as prepared as they would like to think (as gracie-lou said), if that had been a herd then taking 3+ shots for every walker would see you run out of ammo pretty soon. As was mentioned before when The Governor deflected Andrea's concern over a herd, it makes me wonder whether they've come across a herd at Woodbury at all.

* Haley's casual joke about killing her father, maybe indicative of the sort of people that inhabit Woodbury. The sort of people that enjoy watching people fight while surrounded by undead cannibals and make jokes about killing their fathers for a weapon.

The Ricktatorship begins!!!

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned
  • 1,051 posts

While she was over the wall, Andrea should have collected the arrows from all those missed shots.

Only if she broke them in front of that dumb kid.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned
  • 1,051 posts

3. i agree, the "bragging about being a good shot" was a bit over the top though. she's probably an average shot at best. But that definitely wasn't a gimme unless you're legoles from LoTr

Or everyone else who has used a bow in this show. When was the last time you saw someone miss?

Guess she didn't get her quota of homing arrows.

WelcometoNowhere

WelcometoNowhere

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 156 posts
For those who've read the comic books, I think Haley is supposed to be
Spoiler

Just sitting pretty on the edge of the world....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!