Photo

What Is Your Opinion On What Rick And Co. Did To The Hunters?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

MidgetNinja73

MidgetNinja73

Infected

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Do you think that after Rick found out that they killed their own children and ate them, he felt he could do almost anything to them and it still wouldn't be as bad as what the hunters had done.

Spoiler

josh is a walker

josh is a walker

Lurker

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshrie, UK
they did it to protect themselves and any other groups that may wander along the same path and come into contact with the hunters.

give the hunters a taste of their own medicine.

payback's a bitch
my experiences and opinions regarding depression. feel free to have a look
http://joshchatsdepr...blogspot.co.uk/

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members
  • 220 posts
Thats what he should do to Negan and the saviors! I think it would be great if Rick catches Negan off gaurd on the shitter and bashes his skull in with Lucille!

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationWinterfell
This is one of my favorite arcs.

Posted Image

They deserved what they got. They ate Dale's good leg -- screw them.

3VHWYjA.gif

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • 1,123 posts
  • Location413
I loved it but im a sick person :P

josh is a walker

josh is a walker

Lurker

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshrie, UK
also has possibly the most badass image of rick in that arc too.

Posted Image
my experiences and opinions regarding depression. feel free to have a look
http://joshchatsdepr...blogspot.co.uk/

Narc

Narc

Infected

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBoston
Definitely warranted. I admit I was shocked to read that issue but I doubt it's possible to survive in that environment as long as Rick's group has, without being at least a little viciously ruthless.

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • 695 posts
  • LocationWith the waste

This is one of my favorite arcs.

Posted Image

They deserved what they got. They ate Dale's good leg -- screw them.

This is the scene I use to describe how awesome Andrea is to anyone who only watches the TV show! This is where my girl-crush started.

"You know I look like a woman, but I cut like a buffalo."

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Agent of Zombie Destruction

• Members
  • 13,109 posts
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
I think Rick & Co. were justified in taking them out. They ate Dale's leg along with their Children and who knows who else. They could have just killed them instead of tearing them apart piece by piece. Interesting to see them take a sadistic path to darkness for that arc. I wonder if Andrea ever thinks about it. Probably not because of Dale. And we know Michonne was already part of the fucked up torture/mutilation scenes with the Governor.

ghostfacekilldya

ghostfacekilldya

Infected

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Locationgardena
rick looked like clint eastwood in gran tornino lol..but any ways i think the hunters got what was comming to them they deserved it reffering themselves to bears lol nigga we aint bears were human beings theres a difference between bears and us we have moral standards well most of us do...all in all i think rick did the best thing he could do he rid the world of those scum.......

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationRick Grimes

Posted Image

This is one of the most iconic moments for me. So even if I had a moral opposition to it, I wouldn't change it for the world.

Fear the Hunters will always be one of my favorite arcs. It was just so fucking mysterious, and we were still at that point in the comics where we never would've imagined that humanity would get that ugly. At least I didn't. The way it was executed was absolutely perfect.

And I never liked Dale all that much, anyway, so win win.

lucillethevampirebat

lucillethevampirebat

Infected

• Members
  • 50 posts
Killing them was justified, but they may have gone about doing the wrong way. They tortured them and mutilated them making the others watch one at a time after they had all been disarmed, they could have just did a shot to the head and have it all over with. However they decided to take care of them in a way the Governor or Negan or the hunters themselves would have done the deed. I know the series started as them trying to keep their humanity and then it greatly diverged from the path as time went on especially by the time they did this. But still even though it was justified I still wonder if they are any better than any of the "villians" now that they have done this. It was justified because the hunters had killed people. But Rick initiated the war with the Saviors so you could just as easily say Negan killing one of theirs was justified. I feel like the point of them doing it in this way is to show that they are monsters, or at least have the capacity to be monsters when they want to. To show there is not really too much of a difference between them and all the dangerous people they encounter.

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • 1,123 posts
  • Location413
I agree^

TranziT

TranziT

Infected

• Members
  • 18 posts
Fear the hunter is my favorite arc. It was badass and had the death of a major character.
It's always when the crew beomes 2 Legit 2 Quit. I mean c'mon, Who wants to mess with Rick, Michonne, Abe and Andrea after that.....

MorningStar

MorningStar

Infected

• Members
  • 8 posts
Clearly they had to kill them :

1) the hunters were gonna try to kill and eat them anyway
2) they would attack others peoples

But They should have done it quickly ( like Carl did for Ben )
It's what they did to Dale , and what they did to their children.
The group act like a pack, and show us how far from civilised and human they are now.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • LocationChemical Valley, Canada eh!
Instant death would've been too kind on those sick fucks. I'm glad they made them suffer first. I think Gabe took issue with it and I wish our friends didn't have to be the ones to do it but they did what needed to be done. The hunters were basically zombies already except that they had the capacity to do better. Cannibalism in the ZA really bothers me, like if you want to eat people alive go kill yourself bc that's what zombies do, and if you're surviving like a zombie you may aswell be a zombie. I can't believe the hunters ate their children. These guys and the 3 sickos that Rick Abe & Carl met were waay worse than Neggy.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

Idarak

Idarak

Infected

• Members
  • 8 posts

Killing them was justified, but they may have gone about doing the wrong way. They tortured them and mutilated them making the others watch one at a time after they had all been disarmed, they could have just did a shot to the head and have it all over with. However they decided to take care of them in a way the Governor or Negan or the hunters themselves would have done the deed. I know the series started as them trying to keep their humanity and then it greatly diverged from the path as time went on especially by the time they did this. But still even though it was justified I still wonder if they are any better than any of the "villians" now that they have done this. It was justified because the hunters had killed people. But Rick initiated the war with the Saviors so you could just as easily say Negan killing one of theirs was justified. I feel like the point of them doing it in this way is to show that they are monsters, or at least have the capacity to be monsters when they want to. To show there is not really too much of a difference between them and all the dangerous people they encounter.

Completely agree. What they did to them was completely unnecessary. There were a hundred ways they could have killed them or otherwise removed them as threats without being unneccessarily cruel. At that moment, they were seeking revenge for Dale and were no better than the cannibals.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 888 posts

Completely agree. What they did to them was completely unnecessary. There were a hundred ways they could have killed them or otherwise removed them as threats without being unneccessarily cruel. At that moment, they were seeking revenge for Dale and were no better than the cannibals.

They taunted and tormented their victims. The followed them around making the groups scared and snatched whoever strayed from their group. They ate their own children while the kids were alive for chrissakes. Dale's death wasn't their fault, I don't think theyy were getting revenge, I choose to believe that they were avenging the children. They subjected those monsters to the same horrors that their victims faced. They got a taste of their own medicine andd they deserved every mililitre of it. It wasn't unnecessary cruelty, Rick's group showed them the same cruelty that they showed to their victims. It was a lesson in empathy, and by showing them exactly what they had done they are holding them accountable rather than just putting them down like a walker. Like I said before though, it's unfortunate that ricks and everyone had to become torturers for justice to be served,, because you can't just wash that kind of shit away, but it was justice, an eye for an eye.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Survivor

• Members
  • 4,471 posts
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
Just points out that humanity is lost in this ZA. Rick`s group lost there humanity that night and it just goes to show that you have to kill to stay safe in this new world.
There really is no right and wrong anymore in this new world and the things people have done could make them "bad" people but most everyone is doing what they can to stay alive at this point.

Edited by PorkTornado75, 15 April 2013 - 05:08 PM.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."
tumblr_n0sl161Sn51s71mpxo1_250.png

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 888 posts

Just points out that humanity is lost in this ZA. Rick`s group lost there humanity that night and it just goes to show that you have to kill to stay safe in this new world.
There really is no right and wrong anymore in this new world and the things people have done could make them "bad" people but most everyone is doing what they can to stay alive at this point.

I agree with you about morality going out the window when you're in a kill or be killed world, but I disagree that they lost their humanity that night. The hunters enjoyed their sadistic hunt, they flaunted it in Dale's face, whereas Rick & company were disturbed by what they had to do to ensure justice was served. Everyone has to make tough decisions, but I think when they no longer regret or feel guilty for their bad choices then they have lost their humanity.

Edited by mADAM Scorpious, 15 April 2013 - 05:32 PM.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Survivor

• Members
  • 4,471 posts

I agree with you about morality going out the window when you're in a kill or be killed world, but I disagree that they lost their humanity that night. The hunters enjoyed their sadistic hunt, they flaunted it in Dale's face, whereas Rick & company were disturbed by what they had to do to ensure justice was served. Everyone has to make tough decisions, but I think when they no longer regret or feel guilty for their bad choices then they have lost their humanity.

Rick is the only one to ever show any regret for killing the Hunters the way they did.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 888 posts
Gabe did, andI would wager that Michonne let her internal boyfriend do the killingbecause she couldn't psychologically handle that, just like when she tortured the governor. Andrea probably enjoyed it on Dales behalf, and Abe probablyheld my opinion on it.

Edited by mADAM Scorpious, 15 April 2013 - 05:43 PM.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Survivor

• Members
  • 4,471 posts
to me they brushed over it and by now have pretty much forgotten that it even happened , i did not get the feeling anyone lost sleep over it.
You could argue Rick`s group is just a bad as The saviors , they take over everywhere they end up one way or another.
Granted it might not be as brutal as The Saviors but in the end Rick is always the one in charge of any group or groups they come in contact with.
IMO i think there is so much killing going on now in this world that it is easy to do something like what they did to the hunters and feel good about it even though it was just as bad as the hunters killings.
The humanity of the group has been slipping away forever now and its just about gone IMO.
What is going to happen when Rick finally wipes out Negan ? I think he is going to have to rule over the Saviors with a iron fist just like Negan does and more then likely will end up just as fucked up as Negan is.
Rick can barely keep it together the way it is now , then add 200 plus people to worry about.
Rick will have to do some terrible things to keep them all in check and i think he will look back at what they did and see it was the right thing to do to desensitize them for the killing they will have to do in this new world order.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • 5,296 posts
I do think this was the darkest moment for our heroes. They could've just shot them in the head but they had to torture them and mutilate them. I don't think they're as bad as the Saviors because the group did this so they could protect themselves and nobody was happy they did it. They just knew it had to be done. Rick was completely shattered after that. People seem to forget that Negan can't be a good guy whose hand was forced. He was cracking jokes and laughing when he killed Glenn and he burns people's faces

Edited by JesusMonroe, 15 April 2013 - 07:09 PM.

Please! You got to trust us!

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Survivor

• Members
  • 4,471 posts

I do think this was the darkest moment for our heroes. They could've just shot them in the head but they had to torture them and mutilate them. I don't think they're as bad as the Saviors because the group did this so they could protect themselves and nobody was happy they did it. They just knew it had to be done. Rick was completely shattered after that. People seem to forget that Negan can't be a good guy whose hand was forced. He was cracking jokes and laughing when he killed Glenn and he burns people's faces

You could argue that Negan has been desensitized to the fact that he has to kill people.
Negan might have been just like Rick at one point and now after he has had to do the things he has done to keep his people "safe" he has lost himself and his humanity.
Rick could very well end up just like Negan at one point , the conversations lately with Andrea and the one we got with Maggie this last issue are all about them forgetting when people die with death becoming normal to them.
Rick is keeping most of Alexandria at arms length so he wont feel anything when he has to send them to die or worse. The way he is going he will end up losing whats left of his humanity and become just like Negan IMO.

Edited by PorkTornado75, 15 April 2013 - 07:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!