The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep6 - Hounded - Review

the walking dead season 3 rick andrea michonne the governor glenn maggie TWD Hounded Thoughts

The Walking Dead Ep 6 Hounded Review (200 )

What did you think of this week's episode?

1. Excellent (98 [49.00%] - )

49.00%

2. Good - Some Critiques (86 [43.00%] - )

43.00%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (11 [5.50%] - )

5.50%

4. Poor (5 [2.50%] - )

2.50%

Creeper

Creeper

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
Andrew Lincoln is pretty much the best part of every episode. He just has it DOWN, and he just seems to be getting better! :wub: The phone call scenes were the best part of the episode for me. It doesn't compare to what a make-up scene between L/R would have been..but I think it was the best we could do with her being gone. It was such a feel-good scene when he finally noticed his little girl.

Loved the Daryl and Carl scene..it was good to get some background on his family, what a rough life he has led. Also liked the scene when he is debating opening the door, obviously afraid that he might find a zombified Carol. So glad he got to "save" one for once. Plus..shipper here! That did my heart good too.. :D

Merle appears to be a pretty bad dude. I'm very worried for Glenn and Maggie. I get why Michonne didn't jump in there though. I think at first she was trying to assess G/M, and by the time she thought of maybe making herself known, Merle had shown up, and she really couldn't have done much at that point. Better to track down the prison and get a group together to break them out. I don't think Michonne has given up on Andrea yet either.

Really not enjoying Andrea, but I'm not going to harp on her. Her faults are obvious, and hopefully she'll see the light at some point and redeem herself in the audience's eyes. Laughing at the girl who was trying to teach Andrea to shoot. Just sit down honey, and leave it to the pros.

Timbersnake

Timbersnake

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationColumbia Tn
I am looking forward to how Daryl handles things when Michonne spills the beans.

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationKnoxville TN
All in all not a bad one. Good to see Michonne earn her badass ranking everyones always talking about vrs just stare @ everyone. Thou again we see her just hanging with Walkers without a care in the world. I know she was covered in blood but still..shes shot and bleeding herself so u'd think she'd get some curious walker sniffs...but i'm willing to overlook it. Carol alive was ok..thou @ this point I have no real idea why we had her gone in the 1st place. In all the scenes she could've been hanging in the background without changing a thing. Also it's painfully in your face now that theres things going on off camera that we're not seeing. While not too impactful it's moving the story along and some parts might not hold together correctly.
Rick and the phone. It's funny cause I thought the 1st voice sounded like Amy but by Jim I realized what was up. Nothing major and I think somehow I missed alot of what Lori had said. Thou I'm not sure if Rick hanging up on her was him hanging up..or that the convo was over. Still going from one blooded covered rick to a freshly scrubbed one with different clothes was annoying.
I liked in the preview how Glen was so sure Rick was coming. And it seemed to infer that hell was coming with him!

T-E-X

T-E-X

Lurker

• Banned

Sidenote: I am kinda bummed that no one that has anything to do with TWD is on the Talking Dead this week. I love Sarah Silverman but come on AMC!

Yeah Joel Madden is a waist of airtime

brandon51

brandon51

Infected

• Members
Good ep overall im more looking forward to next episode. Michonne joining ricks group or meeting up with them and glenn and maggie in woodbury gonna be interesting.

medelliae

medelliae

Infected

• Members
I enjoyed the episode, just need to watch it one more time. It was good not great.

1) I was a little disappointed that Glen and Maggie were taken so easily. How could Glen trust Merle so easily?

2) A lot of the governor's crew - Neil and the 'Olympian' on the wall were pretty poor fighters

3) I liked the spotlight on Merle and the fact that he lied to the Gov about Michonne. It will be interesting to see what side he takes when he sees Daryl.

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationKnoxville TN

Yeah Joel Madden is a waist of airtime

Other then the sneak peak @ next weeks episode the whole thing was. I can't stand Sarah and the dude had no input @ all. The whole convo was the host prodding the conversation along. @ least get 1 person attached to the show and have the 2nd as the funny person.

Shanfan

Shanfan

Infected

• Members
Since a couple people mentioned Rick's clean up and change of clothes....something that has been bothering me: Hershel's hair! The ponytail is hideous, yet the others hair is hardly any different. Please find scissors in the jail :)

mr teaspoon

mr teaspoon

Roamer

• Members
Pretty poor episode if you ask me.

Andrea and anything associated with her continues to be absolutely unbearable. Lori Holden is a terrible actress and the dialogue she's given is just as bad. 'Other things happen'? Kill me.

Sportskmom

Sportskmom

Infected

• Members
I can't wait until next week but then again I am afraid to see what will happen to Glenn and Maggie! The biggest thing is that I am not ready for some stupid mid-season break! How long will the break last? It feels like the season just started!! I didn't start watching TWD until Triggerfinger then it felt like the summer hiatus lasted an eternity...why do they have to play with my emotions like this? It has been a long time since there was a tv show I couldn't hardly wait from one episode to the next!

Bestrafen

Bestrafen

Roamer

• Members

1) I was a little disappointed that Glen and Maggie were taken so easily. How could Glen trust Merle so easily?

He recognizes Merle so I guess shock set in first and Glenn is friends with Daryl, his brother, so he's not going to plug him in the bone dome. It's not like he trusted him. Merle shot at them from a hidden gun, they ducked, and Merle got the jump on Maggie.

I still think the reason why Glenn didn't fire on Merle is only because of his friendship with Daryl.

medelliae

medelliae

Infected

• Members
I still think Glen was so naive, well after the torture next week, we'll see if that will ever happen again.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Andrew Lincoln is pretty much the best part of every episode. He just has it DOWN, and he just seems to be getting better! :wub: The phone call scenes were the best part of the episode for me. It doesn't compare to what a make-up scene between L/R would have been..but I think it was the best we could do with her being gone. It was such a feel-good scene when he finally noticed his little girl.

Loved the Daryl and Carl scene..it was good to get some background on his family, what a rough life he has led. Also liked the scene when he is debating opening the door, obviously afraid that he might find a zombified Carol. So glad he got to "save" one for once. Plus..shipper here! That did my heart good too.. :D

Merle appears to be a pretty bad dude. I'm very worried for Glenn and Maggie. I get why Michonne didn't jump in there though. I think at first she was trying to assess G/M, and by the time she thought of maybe making herself known, Merle had shown up, and she really couldn't have done much at that point. Better to track down the prison and get a group together to break them out. I don't think Michonne has given up on Andrea yet either.

Really not enjoying Andrea, but I'm not going to harp on her. Her faults are obvious, and hopefully she'll see the light at some point and redeem herself in the audience's eyes. Laughing at the girl who was trying to teach Andrea to shoot. Just sit down honey, and leave it to the pros.

I wasn't sure if I was going to like the phone calls but I think they were done really well. It finally gave Rick some sense of closure. Although, I was surprised that Hershel didn't say "Hey dude, there's no dial tone." LOL
I understand that they didn't want to reveal that yet, though.

I thought between Michonne being wounded and trying to assess the situation she didn't have a chance to help out.

I wasn't sure if I was going to like the phone calls but I thought they were really well done. It gave Rick some sense of closure.

I think that between Michonne being wounded and trying to assess the situation, she didn't have the chance to help out.

RickGrimesBtch!

RickGrimesBtch!

Infected

• Members
Good build up episode to me. Rick was amazing in his scenes. Daryl seems to be finding more of an emotional attachment to the group now, and a strong #2 to Rick. It will be very interesting once he learns about Merle and what his decision will be with the group. I can't wait to see them face to face (hoping we get to see that). Finding Carol was obvious, but how long has she been there without any food or water??? Ehhh, I guess I can overlook that.

Can't wait for both groups to clash and to see what Andrea's going to do when she finds out the truth about the Guv. Maybe she'll be in the dark for a while and then BOOM, she asks the Guv to put her in the arena to showcase her skills and unknowingly out comes Glenn and Maggie all beat up and she HAS to choose one that dies and one that lives, or be killed by the Guv herself.

I have my speculation of tactics for Rick to go into Woodbury, like luring the walkers to woodbury to overrun it, but that may be too hard to fathom at this point.

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

Infected

• Members
The phone thing with Rick was well done. As a comic reader, I'm glad they didn't go straight to Lori and went through the other deceased first - that was a cool twist.

I'm glad they finally found Carol. I knew she wasn't dead! It was cute how Daryl carried her out ;-)
They're writing Carol really differently than in the comics, but I don't mind.

Andrea SUCKS! Comic book Andrea is such a girl-power bad-ass but now they're writing her as some smushy blonde who SLEEPS WITH THE GOVERNER? EWWW!

Also, what were you guys alluding to about Maggie? You think she's going to get raped? =/
I could see the writers cutting Glen's hand off but I really hope they don't. I don't wanna see him suffer :(

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.
They are ruining Andrea!!! Fuuuuuuuuuuucckk

And whatsup with everyone going to Woodbury?!
Andreas a resident, michonne, glenn, Maggie and it looks like Rick and Daryl + 1 soon enough.

This was a decent episode. Glad michonne's finally at the prison.
     “Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

DeadInDetroit

DeadInDetroit

Lurker

• Members
Loved this episode!

Michonne is bad ass! An so is Merle! I thought it was a dope way to bring Woodbury an Rick & Co together! I wondered how they would link up an the writers set it up perfectly!!

Once Michonne came to the prison, i had an idea.. I was thinking since Michonne was a lawyer, she probably knew exactly where the prison was located!

I wonder if Michonne will know Oscar or Axel.. maybe she represented one of them or faced one of them in court sometime before the SHTF!?! Just a thought!

Zen_Master

Zen_Master

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationVirginia Beach, Virginia
i really hate Merle, but damn, that biter-gram crack was totally amusing. lolz

Bestrafen

Bestrafen

Roamer

• Members
Personally, I want Glenn to be beaten up badly but I could go without any rape. Glenn getting thrashed around will force him to walk up and be more aggressive but hopefully not move the needle too much into the Shane corner.

Melquiades Estrada

Melquiades Estrada

Roamer

• Members
Cant believe they killed evil glenn :(

Dr.ChimRitchels

Dr.ChimRitchels

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Andrea SUCKS! Comic book Andrea is such a girl-power bad-ass but now they're writing her as some smushy blonde who SLEEPS WITH THE GOVERNER? EWWW!

(as the Governor would say): "Hell, yeah!"

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationKnoxville TN

"Hell, yeah!"

Agreed. She was all Mrs Rambo in the 2nd season..and now shes switched to June Cleaver.

Melquiades Estrada

Melquiades Estrada

Roamer

• Members
I dont see the issue with Andrea, you guys continue to expect the show to follow the comic but its not ! Anyway she doesnt know what whe know, making it if like she knows all that have happend.

Zen_Master

Zen_Master

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationVirginia Beach, Virginia

Laughing at the girl who was trying to teach Andrea to shoot. Just sit down honey, and leave it to the pros.

i liked your whole post, but this last part gave me a good chuckle. +1 to you, C.:)

PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn

Infected

• Members
Andrea... She's like the worst BFF ever. She screwed over Michonne, now she's screwing the Governor. I wonder who's better though... Shane or the Governor? Hmmm...

I enjoyed this episode a lot more than last week. My favorite part has to be Michonne giving the business to Merle. He was like "Screw this, that chick is cray-cray!" Who would have thought big bad Merle would get punked by Michonne; I loved it! I was disappointed that Glen and Maggie allowed themselves to be taken by Merle though, they both had guns on him... How did that happen.

I'm glad Rick finally held his baby, or Shane's baby, but who cares? Rick should have said "Awww, she looks like Shane".

I can't believe that Owen got killed; poor Mrs. Schroeder. What about the baby? Oh sorry, wrong show...

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!