The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep6 - Hounded - Review

the walking dead season 3 rick andrea michonne the governor glenn maggie TWD Hounded Thoughts

The Walking Dead Ep 6 Hounded Review (200 )

What did you think of this week's episode?

1. Excellent (98 [49.00%] - )

49.00%

2. Good - Some Critiques (86 [43.00%] - )

43.00%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (11 [5.50%] - )

5.50%

4. Poor (5 [2.50%] - )

2.50%

Sonaliegh

Sonaliegh

S-mart Employee

• Members

Very good episode!

I felt so sorry for Rick when he heard Lori. None of them actually realized how lucky they were to have an intact family. The rest of the group all lost their whole family or at least one member, but they were so damn lucky. And still Rick and Lori prefered resentment. I hope Rick will forgive himself and be at ease with his own mind someday.

Loved Daryl and Carl scene. I could not understand too much of what Daryl was saying, but I guess there was something to do about his mother? And poor Carol, I am glad she is alive! Daryl saving her... as always. But nice, anyway.

Now, I never read the comics but I know the fans love Woodbury and the Governor and how evil he is and all... but really, the scenes there bore the hell out of me. I like Andrea and hey, a girl has needs and good for her to be having some fun, but everytime it cut to her and the Governor I would do something else.

Michonne is just GREAT. Just that.

That's exactly why I watch with captions! :) Daryl was telling Carl a story about how his mom died. He said he was outside playing with some other kids when they all heard sirens. They rode their bikes to follow the action, but Daryl went on foot because he didn't have one. By the time he got there all the kids were staring at him cause it was his house that was on fire. Turns out his mom was a drunk and burned the house down killing herself in the process. We're to assume that she was drunk, and in bed with a cigarette (probably fell asleep) which started the blaze.

Shanfan

Shanfan

Infected

• Members

Award for Best Actor goes to Andrew Lincoln.

He is brilliant.

He better get nominated for that Emmy.

My heart breaks for him....as much as I disliked Lori, I could see it tearing him apart on the phone....

DrHouse2

DrHouse2

S-mart Employee

• Members
When did everyone else realize Rick was talking to dead members of their group? I realized by the end of his conversation with Jim.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

Gosh, now I'm hearing people giving Andrea a hard time for enjoying the fights. He let her (& us) know that they are scripted fights with toothless zombies envolved. Sounds a lot like pro wrestling. And many people love/loved pro wrestling, especially before MMA (mix martial arts) got so big. Anyway Andrea liking these scripted entertainment matches is no big deal. Heck, the whole town pretty much enjoyed the entertainment.

Yeah I'm sure she'd see it that way if it were her dead sister out there in that arena pit. Of course she wouldn't and of course she doesn't bother to think of it that way. Every walker is someone's deceased love one but hey who cares? Not Andrea and the governor, that's for sure!

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

Good assessment. I agree with just about everything. Although, I thought Andrea might have gotten mad at the Guv when he took her off wall duty.
The phone calls were awesome in that Rick was gradually coming to the conclusion of what they were.
The pacing of this episode was just right. I was happy to rate this one as excellent.

Thanks. Yeah I thought it was a bit weird Andrea didn't put up a fight about not being on wall duty. Honestly I think its a situation where the Gov knows she can handle herself and to a certain point he doesnt care if she does what she wants but then he doesn't want other people to see his favoritism or start questioning the rules themselves. It seems as Andrea knows she's pushing boundaries a bit with the Gov like its a bit of a game, she doesn't seem to worried about it overall though.

I know its bad but honestly at this point I don't entirely dislike the Gov, we have yet to really see him in action though or to do something so horrible its unjustifiable. The heads thing was the only psycho thing we've seen from him thus far but even this can be seen as his own form of mental unstableness like Rick and the telephone, of course a lot more morbid though. His keeping around a turned Penny is compariable to another comic fav's situation who we have yet to see so even that is forgivable to a point. I wonder when we will see this evil villian really come out, so far Merle fits the bill a bit more.

PleaseKillCarl

PleaseKillCarl

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Comic readers can see were there about to go with maggie

I know...man this is gunna stress me out till next sunday. I hope we're wrong but i doubt it...

Sonaliegh

Sonaliegh

S-mart Employee

• Members
I'm loving this season, but I feel like they're losing me with Andrea. As a whole, she's gar-baagge. She spent season 2 bitching and complaining about being a fighter and not a domesticated woman, but now she's playing house with this slimeball? I get that the ZA makes dating hard, but please. Even if I didn't know about the Gov's extracurricular activities he'd still read douchebag to me. She's really regressed. Do they hate her or something? Did she accidentally park in Robert Kirkman's parking spot one day? Is that why they're giving Laurie Holden such sh*tty material?

meena76

meena76

S-mart Employee

• Members

What is it about the Andrea hate? I think she's awesome!

Love the way that she is mad for crazy power guys.

I use to like Andrea until she got to Woodbury. Andrea was that bitch back at the farm...she held her own...the fact that she got away was a hell yeah for me...but then she gets to Woodbury and she gets all fluzzy and shit...a total 360...her jumping over fence want shit...I like badass Andrea not this "Dickmatized (luv this)" version of her. I don't hate her...just hope she comes to her senses soon.

Always got the feeling she was jealous of Lori and her queen B status...I think she sees her chance to finally be Queen B

I heart Rick. Shane had to go.

ElloraDixon

ElloraDixon

S-mart Employee

• Members

That's exactly why I watch with captions! :) Daryl was telling Carl a story about how his mom died. He said he was outside playing with some other kids when they all heard sirens. They rode their bikes to follow the action, but Daryl went on foot because he didn't have one. By the time he got there all the kids were staring at him cause it was his house that was on fire. Turns out his mom was a drunk and burned the house down killing herself in the process. We're to assume that she was drunk, and in bed with a cigarette (probably fell asleep) which started the blaze.

Yes, that! Thank you!

Poor Daryl. It is good to know more about him.

Stan

Stan

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationChicago area
Michonnes blood was gooey and fresher than the one they bathed in season 1, but I can't really buy it. I also don't have much to say about how easy Maggie and Glenn were caught flat footed. Maggie was a little tougher in my book, and Glenn has to know better after bumping into Dave and Tony last season.

I'm glad Carol came back in a believable way, but they wrote her off way too fast after the last battle.

I still think Andrea wants Mayberry, and knows she needs to have her one bullet too. Gov plays that.

The phone was well done and wrapped up I hope. Best not to draw that one out.

I rate it a 'Meh'.
"Step it up to Red Alert!"
"Are you absolutely sure, Sir? It does require changing the lightbulb."

meena76

meena76

S-mart Employee

• Members

When did everyone else realize Rick was talking to dead members of their group? I realized by the end of his conversation with Jim.

When Jackie got on the phone...

Also noticed they came to the phone in the order they died.
I heart Rick. Shane had to go.

T-E-X

T-E-X

Lurker

• Banned

Prisons are sign posted down here in Georgia. And all she would've had to have done was check a map from one of the stores. Not such a stretch of the imagination.

If its so easy to find, how did the group miss it for 8 months?

Dejablue

Dejablue

S-mart Employee

• Members

When Jackie got on the phone...

Also noticed they came to the phone in the order they died.

That was damn creepy.

Stan

Stan

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationChicago area
NOT happy that Maggies looking at the Merle side of a beating next week, but I'll handle it...somehow...
"Step it up to Red Alert!"
"Are you absolutely sure, Sir? It does require changing the lightbulb."

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Thanks. Yeah I thought it was a bit weird Andrea didn't put up a fight about not being on wall duty. Honestly I think its a situation where the Gov knows she can handle herself and to a certain point he doesnt care if she does what she wants but then he doesn't want other people to see his favoritism or start questioning the rules themselves. It seems as Andrea knows she's pushing boundaries a bit with the Gov like its a bit of a game, she doesn't seem to worried about it overall though.

I know its bad but honestly at this point I don't entirely dislike the Gov, we have yet to really see him in action though or to do something so horrible its unjustifiable. The heads thing was the only psycho thing we've seen from him thus far but even this can be seen as his own form of mental unstableness like Rick and the telephone, of course a lot more morbid though. His keeping around a turned Penny is compariable to another comic fav's situation who we have yet to see so even that is forgivable to a point. I wonder when we will see this evil villian really come out, so far Merle fits the bill a bit more.

I didn't think the Guv killing the Natl Guardsmen was justifiable. It also made me wonder how many others he killed just for their supplies. I think the notebook with hash marks is proof of that.
I do think they made a great casting choice with David Morrissey. He is playing him with the right amount of charm and psycho.

rexmundi

rexmundi

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia
Michonne finding the prison was spelled out very straightforward. The prison is a straight shot down the road. I cant believe no one has mentioned the best part of the episode: Oscar got him some slippers. You need some comfortable footwear to chill in during the zombie apocalypse.

PleaseKillCarl

PleaseKillCarl

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.
Sidenote: I am kinda bummed that no one that has anything to do with TWD is on the Talking Dead this week. I love Sarah Silverman but come on AMC!

Dr.ChimRitchels

Dr.ChimRitchels

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationDetroit, MI
I predict someone from the Atlanta group will stumble upon Penny, and put her down, causing the Gov. to go full-on batshit.
Also...
Was THAT Lilly, on the wall? Or was it the same chick from "Walk With Me", showing Andrea & Michonne around? Didn't see her mentioned in the credits. Anyone catch her name?

Shanfan

Shanfan

Infected

• Members

Wow, the Guv and Andrea could'nt keep their hands off each other.
And, the Guv's garden looked delightful.

I think that the Guv has created his own little fantasy world. everyone in it is just for his amusement, or just a part of his unreal woodbury. He wants normalcy even if he has to kill steal and murder just to get it.

He's a true psychopath.

Agreed...I don't think his "former" life was very satisfying...he mentioned to Andrea how he wasn't proud of his house, job, etc. I think he sees Woodbury as his chance to BE somebody.

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....
It was quite alright. Most of the prison subplot was great. And Carol's alive!! (not that we didn't know it already)

Admittedly though, I found Rick's phone-calls were more believable in the comics given the heightened circumstances (not only did he lose half his family, but he was suffering from an infected bullet wound, and didn't have the safe and secure prison to hide in). Everything too that went on with both Merle and Michonne felt a tad rushed.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

I didn't think the Guv killing the Natl Guardsmen was justifiable. It also made me wonder how many others he killed just for their supplies. I think the notebook with hash marks is proof of that.
I do think they made a great casting choice with David Morrissey. He has the right amount of charm and psycho.

Morally justifiable? Certainly not. However there is a strong survivalistic every-man-for-himself vibe now in the TWD world. While you have groups like Rick and co who would be willing to share and try to get through it together, the consensus from the majority of people seems to be most people would kill you for your supplies to feed their own rather than share. So while we of course watching this would scoff at the idea of killing someone for their supplies, in ZA the new code is "Kill them and take their stuff before they do it to you."

In addition, the national guard themselves could be seen as a threat as they would probably threaten the Govs authority and the way he runs Woodbury. He has that town on a tight leash and would not tolerate any one challenging that, even if it is the military as that is all but irrelevant now in this world. I feel Rick might react the same way to someone who would be challenging his authority, we all saw what happened to Shane and although Rick feels horrible about it (unlike the Gov) I'm sure he would do it again if put in that situation. Of course the Gov is safe guarding himself so that situation doesn't even have the chance to be a possibility.

David112

David112

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNew Zealand
I literally despise Andrea now. There is no redeeming the charachter in my eyes now.

The rest of the episode was pretty good although I'm abit annoyed that they killed two of the four woodbury background soldiers in one go. Now we only have Bowman and Martinez. I liked the introduction of Haley (cue Alice?) and loved that Michonne found the prision.

zomboner88

zomboner88

Infected

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Was incredibly upset when this episode ended, can't wait til next week! Don't care for the Andrea scenes but I feel they're necessary for future episodes.

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

If its so easy to find, how did the group miss it for 8 months?

they probably were'nt looking for the prison. maybe they had other places on their minds?

Adhesive-Bandage

Adhesive-Bandage

Infected

• Members

Yeah turning Andrea into an evil harridan is a bit different from what they did in the comics but I like it still.

Yeah that's right I said evil.

She admitted to liking the fights, and was disturbed by the fact that she liked them (another way of saying "yes, I know this is sick and twisted, but I don't give a shit because I'm sick and twisted too."

Can anyone say Nadine Cross?

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!