The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep6 - Hounded - Review

the walking dead season 3 rick andrea michonne the governor glenn maggie TWD Hounded Thoughts

The Walking Dead Ep 6 Hounded Review (200 )

What did you think of this week's episode?

1. Excellent (98 [49.00%] - )

49.00%

2. Good - Some Critiques (86 [43.00%] - )

43.00%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (11 [5.50%] - )

5.50%

4. Poor (5 [2.50%] - )

2.50%

rumblepup

rumblepup

The Puppetmaster

• Administrators
Rick returns to check on the group. As Andrea grows closer to the Governor, Michonne makes a decision about Woodbury. Glenn and Maggie go on a run. Rick struggles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVpJRXmOdYM

tdogforpresident

tdogforpresident

Infected

• Members
I knew carol was gonna be in there. Really worried for Glenn and Maggie

bournesto33

bournesto33

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationtexas
Good not great. I love the set up for next episode...

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
Award for Best Actor goes to Andrew Lincoln.

He is brilliant.

He better get nominated for that Emmy.

vampirebat

vampirebat

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBrockton, Massachusetts
The Rick and phone storyline worked out so well on screen, it really was moving and powerful. Merle is a diablocial bastard and any hopes of him becoming a good guy just went out the window

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
Also, I love Andrea but I hate what they're doing with her character.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen
Great ep. Taking their time revealing the dark side of Woodbury. I think the slow reveal works rather well. I guess we can rule out the possibility of Merle not being such a bad guy after all.

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

Grénádé

Grénádé

Lurker

• Members
Rick and that phone was great television, the desperation was brutal to watch.

xHan

xHan

S-mart Employee

• Members
The episode was fantastic, until i saw Andrea.

etphoto

etphoto

Biter

• Members
Didnt like Glenn / Maggie getting kidnapped. Other than that, good episode.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

WalkerFromIowa

WalkerFromIowa

Infected

• Members
What a great episode. The phone call was amazing. And I liked how Rick finally made contact with the baby.

rumblepup

rumblepup

The Puppetmaster

• Administrators

Also, I love Andrea but I hate what they're doing with her character.

I think it adds a pretty significant dramatic foil here. I mean, she doesn't "know" what we "know" and I think that she's moving on just as her character should move on.

Sonaliegh

Sonaliegh

S-mart Employee

• Members
I thought tonight's episode was pretty decent. I'm sooooo happy the two camps are starting to merge. I don't know if I could have taken more of the back and forth.

I knew Carol was alive. And I like how they showed Daryl reacting to finding her knife. I felt his initial reaction to her headscarf and "death" was underwhelming, but this one made more sense. Happy he's the one who found her.

Andrea - I just can't with her. I really want to like the character but the way they write her -- just can't. I swear she's dickmatized by every man with a little bit of power. First Shane, now the Governor.

How did Michonne know to go to the prison? I mean, did she overhear Glenn and Maggie say something about it?

I need Daryl and Merle to meet ASAP. Let's get it done already.

meena76

meena76

S-mart Employee

• Members

Award for Best Actor goes to Andrew Lincoln.

He is brilliant.

He better get nominated for that Emmy.

^^^^^ THIS
I heart Rick. Shane had to go.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members
My thoughts....

-LOL@Bitergrams

-Damn Michonne's super powers continue. Would complain about how she is too badassed but she is just so badass that I can't bring myself to care too much, the scene was amazing imo.

-Poor Neil/Cartulio lol I would never want to be in his situation with Merle trying to toughen me up haha. Overall I'm glad things are finally getting pushed into motion. Merle is a crazy bastard.

-Phone call scenes were probably some of the best scenes in the entire episode if not this entire season so far. So many feels from them.

-I know people are going to bitch about the Daryl scene but I loved it. Showed how he could relate to Carl and I didn't think it was fatherish but I think it showed how inside he is still a kid too in someways.

-I don't get the girl who freaked out on Andrea. She went on a speech about how good a shot she was and she could have been in the olympics with her dad's super bow but looked like she was shooting with rubber arrows. It's like no girl Andrea helped you out cause you would have been shooting at that walker all day and no one has time for that.

-Michonne discovered what Rick and Glenn did S1 that was pretty cool although I don't think she has nearly enough entrails on her to blend in that well as they walked right past her.

-A little surprised that Michonne didnt jump out to save Maggie as she has taken every other opprotunity to super hero the situation. But she was injured and granted Maggie and Glenn probably wouldn't have trusted her much either. Wonder what her plan is.

-Not sure how I feel about the Andrea situation, I know everyone is going to send her through the ringer again for this episode but I realistically have a hard time seeing anyone else act differently. I feel people would either be in the independant and accepting of this new world Michonne catagory or wanting to hold on to the past and civilization as much as possible Andrea catagory.

-That baby is super cute.

-Also loved the Daryl saving Carol scene as cheesy as it was. I don't ship them at all so I hope this isn't foreshadowing a budding romance. However, I do feel especially with Daryl's backstory being revealed a bit more, that he does probably feel responsible for not being able to save a lot of people so Carol just added to that.

-Michonne showing up at the end was also another scene I really enjoyed. I like that she also brought the baby food too.

-Overall this episode is probably my favorite one so far this season. Excellent!

Bro

Bro

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationAlberta, Canada
One of the better ones of this season, and this season has been brilliant.

Very good set-up episode, with some solid action in there to keep us entertained. Not much more to say about it.

sayten

sayten

Infected

• Members
  • Locationsouth carolina
Comic readers can see were there about to go with maggie

Rictatorship

Rictatorship

Infected

• Members
The Good
Merle and michonne
Andrew Lincolns performance
Daryl opening up to carl about his mother
Finally found carol

The Bad
Every scene with Andrea, idk if the writers want me to hate her, but they are doing a good job of it. They ruined her character.
Woodbury is just not interesting to watch

Anyway this episode was clearly a setup for next week and it looks to be awesome.

WalkerFromIowa

WalkerFromIowa

Infected

• Members

How did Michonne know to go to the prison? I mean, did she overhear Glenn and Maggie say something about it?

Yea it was either Glenn or Maggie who said something about prison.

meena76

meena76

S-mart Employee

• Members
Loved this episode...Andrea UHG...wanted to throw up

Bestrafen

Bestrafen

Roamer

• Members
I also didn't understand how Michonne got to the prison.

meena76

meena76

S-mart Employee

• Members
Michonne is going to be an excellent addition to the group

meena76

meena76

S-mart Employee

• Members
So happy they found carol

Darylrocks

Darylrocks

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationEdmond,ok

The Good
Merle and michonne
Andrew Lincolns performance
Daryl opening up to carl about his mother
Finally found carol

The Bad
Every scene with Andrea, idk if the writers want me to hate her, but they are doing a good job of it. They ruined her character.
Woodbury is just not interesting to watch

Anyway this episode was clearly a setup for next week and it looks to be awesome.

I agree with all that you said.

sayten

sayten

Infected

• Members
  • Locationsouth carolina
She walked to the prison. Maggie said "grab that duck a kids needs toys growing up in a prison" or something along those lines

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!