Carol's Fate---You're The Judge

carol

Carol's Fate (98 )

What say thee about Carol's fate?

1. Die, Carol, Die! (5 [5.10%] - )

5.10%

2. Live, Carol, Live! (78 [79.59%] - )

79.59%

3. Who cares about Carol one way or the other? (15 [15.31%] - )

15.31%

milford

milford

Infected

• Members
  • LocationCanada

Live!!

She's only just begun growing - I'm not ready for her to die. We need to have some 'real' people around. :zombiethumbsup:

This. I like Carol. She's funny, nurturing, and this season she's made a real effort to be useful to the group.

Frank_Discussion

Frank_Discussion

Infected

• Members
  • LocationUp the old dirt road
I thinks she's alive and will be found. She'll be the main care-taker of baby "ass-kicker."

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
Something I was thinking about is if Carol is found alive, then it seems less likely that they would kill her off anytime soon after that.
Then again that sounds like something the show would do because we'd think they wouldn't. ;)

Rick's Hat

Rick's Hat

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOver here going through your stuff
I like her and hope they keep her around.

Crazy has come to town for a visit!!

BethTexas

BethTexas

Forum Turd

• Banned
  • LocationSouth Texas

Something I was thinking about is if Carol is found alive, then it seems less likely that they would kill her off anytime soon after that.
Then again that sounds like something the show would do because we'd think they wouldn't. ;)

Your last sentence times five. To repeat my season prediction: Daryl saves Carol yet again. Okay, so they dangled her death in front of us (no one bought it, I don't think), then she pops up alive. We thought she would bite the big green weenie at the end of S2, but Daryl saved her then as well. Daryl and Carol schmoop it up for the rest of the season, giggling and cooing and raising the baby. Daryl has a family, right? WRONG! Here come da Guv and season ender kills Carol and the baby a la comic Lori. Merle is in there somehow. Does he kill them and Daryl then kills him? Who knows? But that's why I'm not so pissed about the daryl and Carol thing happening. As the Hindus would tell you: it's temporary.

Daisy

Daisy

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationMount Doom
Frankly I don't care whether she lives or not as I'm not interested in the character at all, so I voted the last option. As long as her screen time is kept to a minimum as it has been so far in this season, it makes no difference to me.

I want them all to die eventually though, with the exception of Rick and Carl.
I got me some horses to ride on, to ride on.

CreepMeOut

CreepMeOut

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationToronto
I'm sure her fate is safe for now. I'm not sure about the long run but I would love to see her outlive this season. I agree with some of the others that Carol comes off across as very realistic. I don't know if it's her character alone or if it's how Melissa McBride does such a great job portraying her. The way she played the role of as a scared and abused housewife was so believable. I also love what they've done now with her character development. Personally, I find her evolution to be touching and captivating to watch.

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOttawa
She needs to live until it serves the show to kill either her or Daryl. Make him the hero in a never before seen way- then kill her and watch him fail to make the last hero move and ruin some chance for everyone. Or toughen her up, make her dynamic and strong, someone who can help the group in heroic fashion and not fail others like she failed Sophea- and then kill Daryl and watch her crumble again to great group endangerment. The best deaths make dramatic challenges and or character shifts. This is where the actors get to shine and the audience finds they cared. Like Lori dying in redeeming fashion- a smart move. She was always going to die, but the show needed us to start to like her again first. Sadly it's also how we new Theodore was dead soon- he started to matter. Wish they had made him matter for a couple more episodes first though- then at least it would have been a surprise.

journeynsolace

journeynsolace

Roamer

• Members
I think Carol is alive. I think that finding her alive after thinking she's dead will initiate the Daryl/Carol relationship. I can't imagine Rick is going to be batsh!t crazy for too many more episodes so he'll step back in as the father figure, but Carol will be a bit of a mother-figure to the baby, so that might make Daryl a #2 dad by proxy.

I don't think Carol is dying this season. I think she'll die next season though, probably near the end of the prison arc, which I think is lasting till the end of Season 4. I could see her dying like Lori in the GN, but I really prefer it to be (as I've stated elsewhere) a passive suicide when she feels rejected by Daryl at some point (I'm still shipping Michonne and Daryl at least sexually if not romantically!)

tezmania123

tezmania123

Infected

• Members
I personally feel that Carol will have been kidnapped or held by Merle and associates who will have been out searching for his brother, i don't think that the timeline showing Woodbury and the Prison is the same, hence the initial 'person behind the bush' when Carol first went to the ceaseran on the walker is Merle.
I think some of the posts ar unfair on the character of Carol, you have to remember that she was in an abusive relationship, she lost her daughter and everyone is trying to find their place amongst the group, not everyone can just pick up a gun and become some kind of warrior, focusing on character developement for each cast member is difficult with so less episodes per season.

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOttawa

i don't think that the timeline showing Woodbury and the Prison is the same, hence the initial 'person behind the bush' when Carol first went to the ceaseran on the walker is Merle.

I am quite certain that the person behind the bush was Andrew.

Dejablue

Dejablue

S-mart Employee

• Members
welp looks like the popular vote won. woot!

Timbersnake

Timbersnake

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationColumbia Tn
Yeah, if she dont die later from exhaustion.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!