Milton: A Curious Character.

Milton Governor experiment

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
We don’t know the experiments that Milton is working on but he seems to be concerned with them more than the Governor. I would think he would like some time off, to relax, have a cold drink etc. Milton doesn’t seem to have any friends, he puts up with Merles teasing. When I see him speak with anyone except the Governor Milton gives me the impression he doesn’t want to waste his time conversing with the riffraff or the goons. He always seems to have a sour expression and attended the “arena games” out of duty. There has to be more to this guy, he is surviving in a ZA and his only concern is his experiments? What makes him happy, does he have any other interests, did the ZA affect him at all? He just seems like a guy who quit his job with one company and is now working for the Governor, I don’t see any other layers to this guy. I hope we get some sort of back storey on him or learn more about him some other way.

Jasonicus

Jasonicus

Infected

• Members
I think he is a bit of a creep. We may get more info on him but it is clear his job is to find out more about the zombies and what to do about them.

Dejablue

Dejablue

S-mart Employee

• Members
At first he seemed to be a weirdo who thinks it is possible to communicate with the zombies. His little bit about zombies having echos of their former selves still inside them. Is definitely strange.

Carl_Grimes

Carl_Grimes

Infected

• Members
  • LocationCardiff,UK
He's a strange one thats for sure.Could end up defecting to Team Grimes when the shit hits the fan,I feel he could be a possible replacement for the comics Bob Sookey-albeit a non alcoholic/younger version

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
I think his concern with the experiment he's running shows that its important. He must be doing something pretaning to the ZA. Maybe nothing as critical as a cure, but maybe a way to use walkers to their advantage. Remember, he was amazed at Michonne's use of walkers as cover by removing their arms and lower jaws. It has to be about that.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

Carl_Grimes

Carl_Grimes

Infected

• Members
  • LocationCardiff,UK
If they start going down a cure or cause territory then I am out-Im sick of hearing people ask about it constantly

Gonza_Fes

Gonza_Fes

Lurker

• Members
he plays like the classic nerd/creep scientist (reminds me of Dr. Jenner from CDC) .. so far we doesnt know his background but he could be a scientist or maybe a school teacher like Eugene (or Walter White :-) )

I bet he might switch sides in order to survive/continue his experiments maybe will join team Grimes at some point? but i doubt he will make it to season 4

Carl_Grimes

Carl_Grimes

Infected

• Members
  • LocationCardiff,UK
I hope not-although I did like his duct tape wrist guards!

Gonza_Fes

Gonza_Fes

Lurker

• Members
yeah that was a very cool idea, the only problm was leaving his hands unprotected (same with the solar panels)

I dont know why he needs that much electricty for his experiments... maybe he wants to control/direct zombie herds using electric shocks like farmes does with cows?

Carl_Grimes

Carl_Grimes

Infected

• Members
  • LocationCardiff,UK
That noise machine was unnecessary and stupid

mrsmayhem

mrsmayhem

Infected

• Members
I was really hoping he'd be walker bait last night.
Formerly Glennismine...

DoctorManhattan89

DoctorManhattan89

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationPittsburgh

That noise machine was unnecessary and stupid

Why? Noise attracts walkers. They needed to collect walkers for experiments and for the arena. Seemed pretty necessary to me.
"We're all puppets Laurie, I'm just a puppet who can see the strings."

Dr.ChimRitchels

Dr.ChimRitchels

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationDetroit, MI
Milton kept referring to the generator. Before I realized the contraption they drove up to was a noise-making, zombie-trap, I kinda thought we were going to see some kind of primitive generator, powered by zombies, turning a wheel, in circles, chasing some kind of bait, just beyond their reach. I thought that would be kinda cool, and resourceful. They don't get bored, they never tire, and they never die- and if they do, they're easily replaced, and abundant. Cheapest batteries ever!

glitterbomb

glitterbomb

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationUmbrella Headquarters... wait, wrong zombie apocalypse??
I kind of like Milton! I see him as a man who is weak and has probably been pushed around by guys like Merle his whole life, which is why he is untimidated by Merle and lets him make all those comments.

He is the reason behind why the town works so efficiently, but is not charasmatic enough to rule or address the townspeople with his concerns. He realises that they are using the generators for silly reasons - e.g ice - but is unable to persuade anyone to listen to him, which is stressing him out, because he knows that although he is trying to be logical, if the generators run out he will be likely blamed.

I saw him as having a slight conscience regarding the walker fights, similar to Andrea. I can see him helping Andrea to escape eventually.

I think he might have doubts with the experiments and is feeling guilty or i would be completely wrong and he will go all mad scientist!

dogwalker

dogwalker

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEssex/ London
He's a bit odd. I feel like he'll be the typical 'weak' character who everyone expects to gloriously rise up and overthrow the governor but instead we find out he's just as sadistic, but in a more sly and covert way.

The Governor

The Governor

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationMidlands, England
I think Milton's life is his work. If you think about it, he's obviously an intelligent man, what else is there to do in the ZA?

The Ricktatorship begins!!!

Nareen

Nareen

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
I find Milton intriguing as well. We know little about him except that he has scientific training and he’s clearly terrified of the Governor. He knows exactly when to stop pushing, stop arguing and he stops dead. Merle is obviously afraid of the Governor as well and that is one of the scariest things about Philip. Like Merle, Milton seems to have fallen into very deep and dark waters.

Maybe Milton’s experiments have to do with Penny – maybe the Governor wants him to find a cure for the zombie “virus”. The Governor clearly has not given up on his daughter, kind of like Hershel, except that Hershel had less knowledge of the situation and his compassion extended to all victims.

Milton seems to be uncomfortable with some of what’s going on in Woodbury but will anything come of that?

aahe42

aahe42

Lurker

• Members
I think Milton is either a creep, and maybe weirder then the Governor(think Dr. Frankenstein on day of the dead) or hes a good character and I have a feeling he might join ricks group. Its hard to tell because we don't know about his experiments.

Annika

Annika

Infected

• Members
I wonder what his comment about the eyes of one of the walkers in the net meant?

Kikora

Kikora

Lurker

• Members
I have to wonder if Milton has some trouble socializing, if I knew more about his background I would almost suggest Aspergers (Which is rare for me to reference in characters, honestly). He doesn't seem to form social bonds, seems out of place and nervous around people, he is shown as always drawing himself in with a defensive pose, and seems to fixate on his experiments above all else. Granted, depending on what he is doing, it is certainly more important than walker gladiator matches, which he seemed apposed to and disgusted by, but it is interesting how he pushed for his work.

From the outside looking in, the idea that walkers retain some sign of who they were seems ridiculous. We watched Jenner show a scan of the brain. and know that memories and cognitive function is gone. From his point of view, these walkers continue to show some form of recognition towards places and things. We've gone over this on the boards several times, the doll, Morgan's wife, the walker with the rock, just muscle memory that would look like some hope that these creatures could retain some piece of humanity.

Still a bit ludicrous, in my opinion though. Brain damage cannot be undone.

CalicoJack

CalicoJack

Infected

• Members
I like him, and could definitely see him defecting from the Governor. I feel like Milton understands his only usefulness to the governor is these experiments, and once the governor realizes that the experiments aren't going to work, will have no more use for Milton. Once Milton has a clear, safe exit, I think he'll jump the governor's ship.

BeardedOne

BeardedOne

Roamer

• Members
Milton seems like a caricature of a "doctor" you would see on a cheesy T.V. show.

/shrug

We'll see.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I like him, and could definitely see him defecting from the Governor. I feel like Milton understands his only usefulness to the governor is these experiments, and once the governor realizes that the experiments aren't going to work, will have no more use for Milton. Once Milton has a clear, safe exit, I think he'll jump the governor's ship.

I kinda like him, too. I think he is just socially awkward.
I can see your scenario playing out.

Trillian

Trillian

Biter

• Members

I find Milton intriguing as well. We know little about him except that he has scientific training and he’s clearly terrified of the Governor. He knows exactly when to stop pushing, stop arguing and he stops dead. Merle is obviously afraid of the Governor as well and that is one of the scariest things about Philip.

Agreed.

I have to wonder if Milton has some trouble socializing, if I knew more about his background I would almost suggest Aspergers (Which is rare for me to reference in characters, honestly). He doesn't seem to form social bonds, seems out of place and nervous around people, he is shown as always drawing himself in with a defensive pose, and seems to fixate on his experiments above all else. Granted, depending on what he is doing, it is certainly more important than walker gladiator matches, which he seemed apposed to and disgusted by, but it is interesting how he pushed for his work.

From the outside looking in, the idea that walkers retain some sign of who they were seems ridiculous. We watched Jenner show a scan of the brain. and know that memories and cognitive function is gone. From his point of view, these walkers continue to show some form of recognition towards places and things. We've gone over this on the boards several times, the doll, Morgan's wife, the walker with the rock, just muscle memory that would look like some hope that these creatures could retain some piece of humanity.

Still a bit ludicrous, in my opinion though. Brain damage cannot be undone.

I don't think Milton has Asperger's. As Nareen pointed out, he is very aware of how far too push the Governor. I don't think someone with Asperger's would have that level of sensitivity to another's mood.

As to Walker memory, I agree wholeheartedly. I just don't believe that they have any genuine cognitive function or memories.

Beware, I am emoticon-impaired.

jack walsh

jack walsh

Infected

• Members
Im quite interested in Milton, all he must have done since the ZA started is experiments as he doesen't know how to kill a walker. I could see him leaving The Governor for Rick's group but I can also see him staying loyal to The Governor.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!