Bear With Me...lori And The Walker

lori walking dead dead carl

SplittinAdam

SplittinAdam

Infected

• Members
  • LocationWI
The writers have yet to give us anything that requires such a HUGE leap of viewer interpretation - it's absolute nonsense that the boiler room scene played out this way, if, in fact, Lori is dead and there are no big surprises waiting for us. There is no physical way, AT ALL, that the walker ate her entire body. There is no evidence, AT ALL, that he was assisted in eating her. There is NOTHING AT ALL left of her body, and it's absolutely ridiculous to think that it's off-screen, when TPTB have NEVER skipped the opportunity to show us a mangled body. Not to mention, there is NO WAY that Rick wouldn't have gone to her corpse if it was there.

She may not be alive, and honestly, I think it would be pretty crappy of the writers to try and toss a "Look, she's alive!" at us, but at this point, the only logical conclusion is that Carol is involved with moving Lori's body, whether alive or dead. Honestly, as unprotected as Carol is, I don't see why she would try to recover Lori's dead body without regrouping with the others first.

nxdvegas

nxdvegas

Infected

• Members
I like the thought of the bloated walker actually being Lori, but he doesnt see it in his emotional state, and the theory of him finding her after the spoiler mentioned. Those are awesome ideas. I would also like to say that while I am a total consipracy theorist (you should see my posts after each episode of Dexter lol) I would be a little disappointed if she wasnt dead especially after the most emotional, raw, and heartbreaking death scene. It is rare that an episode of any show makes me cry, but that one had me going for a while after it was over.

SplittinAdam

SplittinAdam

Infected

• Members
  • LocationWI
I agree - to take away the emotional scene of her death, by hoodwinking us with some hokey crap about her being alive, would be pretty foolish of them to do.
While watching the scene, I was upset when her body wasn't there, because I thought it meant Carl hadn't really shot her. Why would they give that emotional baggage to Carl, build up his character like that, and then take it away from him again? If the satiated zed was, in fact, Lori, then they are taking Carl's biggest moment away from him.

Honestly, though - as much as I hate either of those ideas, I prefer them to the thought that one zombie ATE ALL OF HER, INCLUDING CLOTHES AND BONES. I can't get over how ridiculous that is. It's not shocking, it's not disturbing, it's just... completely unbelievable and ridiculous.

AngelLeigh

AngelLeigh

Infected

• Members

Because if Glenn had done that why didnt he notice the fat walker?!

Why couldn't he have? The group doesn't seem to be putting down walkers the way they once were. If it's a non-threat, I can see him being a bit more focused on the fact that he's collecting bones from his friend's wife's half eaten body. Also, it did seem as though that walker was about 7-10ft away from Lori, with the blood stain I would assume he tried to drag his fat tuschy as far down the hall as it could make before it collapsed--out of reach&harms way from the bones.

Then again--if the grave IS left open...

Is it Sunday, yet?

SplittinAdam

SplittinAdam

Infected

• Members
  • LocationWI
Someone put up a picture of the grave site. One of the graves was not filled in yet, meaning they didn't have the body. Assuming they had Carol and T-Dogg's graves filled, the open one was for Lori, whose body was not yet recovered.

Ryan_Dead

Ryan_Dead

Biter

• Members
I don't think I could buy that Lori was still alive after the events in episode 4. I could however believe that Carol maybe dragged her dead body away which would explain the blood stains. I think that would be more of a fitting end to her character. I don't like the idea that Lori is crammed inside that bloated walkers stomach.

w0mbats

w0mbats

Infected

• Members

Spoiler

i looked there too! but i'm wondering if
Spoiler

Carl_Grimes

Carl_Grimes

Infected

• Members
  • LocationCardiff,UK
One grave is Carols even though they havent really found her remains (thats the grave Daryl put the Cherokee rose on),the one next to it is T-Dogs and the open one is Lori's.

This whole plot point has really annoyed me-HOW ON EARTH COULD ALL OF HER FIT INTO THAT WALKERS STOMACH!?

SplittinAdam

SplittinAdam

Infected

• Members
  • LocationWI

i looked there too! but i'm wondering if

Spoiler

Spoiler

SplittinAdam

SplittinAdam

Infected

• Members
  • LocationWI

One grave is Carols even though they havent really found her remains (thats the grave Daryl put the Cherokee rose on),the one next to it is T-Dogs and the open one is Lori's.

This whole plot point has really annoyed me-HOW ON EARTH COULD ALL OF HER FIT INTO THAT WALKERS STOMACH!?

It's not possible. It's not. We need to assume that when a walker eats, it's body absorbs the tissue of the meal, or something like that - the fact that not one of the characters have ever said "That is one big pile of walker droppings," just means we need to suspend belief in this regard. That being said, it is NOT POSSIBLE for one walker to consume an entire human being. Physically, he wouldn't bloat, he would explode. Not to mention chomping on the tibula, fibula, rib cage, sternum, and THE SKULL, how did he happen to fit the parts in his mouth?! It's not physically possible, and it's absolutely ridiculous that Nicotero wants us to suspend belief to that extent. We, as viewers, suspend belief quite enough, as we're all watching and loving a show based on the reanimated dead.
I won't accept it. If it plays out that tubby walker really, truly, honestly was supposed to have eaten her, then it's probably the most ridiculously contrived thing I've ever seen on television, and it's a shame that they followed up one of the most emotionally charged scenes in TV history with that steaming pile of bullshit.

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

No no, my bad... He DID eat her. I stand corrected. I missed the Talking Dead last night but apparently Greg Nicatero said that he did eat her. How stupid!!! Why did the zombie drag her and then eat her? Bones and all? Really?

Now THAT is poor writing.

I dont see a problem here. Why is it so hard to imagine a walker devouring a human, bones and all?

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

It's not possible. It's not. We need to assume that when a walker eats, it's body absorbs the tissue of the meal, or something like that - the fact that not one of the characters have ever said "That is one big pile of walker droppings," just means we need to suspend belief in this regard. That being said, it is NOT POSSIBLE for one walker to consume an entire human being. Physically, he wouldn't bloat, he would explode. Not to mention chomping on the tibula, fibula, rib cage, sternum, and THE SKULL, how did he happen to fit the parts in his mouth?! It's not physically possible, and it's absolutely ridiculous that Nicotero wants us to suspend belief to that extent. We, as viewers, suspend belief quite enough, as we're all watching and loving a show based on the reanimated dead.
I won't accept it. If it plays out that tubby walker really, truly, honestly was supposed to have eaten her, then it's probably the most ridiculously contrived thing I've ever seen on television, and it's a shame that they followed up one of the most emotionally charged scenes in TV history with that steaming pile of bullshit.

How do you know only one walker ate her? That prison was full of walkers.

SplittinAdam

SplittinAdam

Infected

• Members
  • LocationWI
One walker outside the room when the gunshot went off. One fat, bloated walker in the room. I agree, it's an assumption, but they're feeding it to us.

It doesn't even matter if it's one walker, or fifty. Where did the bones go?

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members

If it plays out that tubby walker really, truly, honestly was supposed to have eaten her, then it's probably the most ridiculously contrived thing I've ever seen on television, and it's a shame that they followed up one of the most emotionally charged scenes in TV history with that steaming pile of bullshit.

Same, here. Lori wasn't really even my favourite but I've seen her for 2 series now, and imagining rewatching the series again knowing she ends up dying such an emotional death - and next episode is magically bunged in to a Walkers stomach, that will be a buzzkill.

Even if they showed another 1 or 2 zombies around, I could accept it. But as they are putting it to us, it is one FAT bellied walker to signify it has eaten a lot more than we usually see them do.

Lori was always so vocal about not wanting to become a walker, yet her being "buried" in ones guts seems even worse to me than her reanimating and being put down.

Luke

Luke

Infected

• Members
Why do you guys keep saying he ate her entire body...?

You can see the blood trails of where she is dragged down the hall. Then you see her hair and flesh on the walker. The remains of her body are around the corner. I was thinking this when I watched it and expected them to show it but they didn't. The rest of her is around the corner.

After the show on the talking dead this was also confirmed.

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
Well, if that is true - we shouldn't need to watch a spin off show (especially one not aired in this country) to make sense.

ZombieGrrl2.0

ZombieGrrl2.0

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationWalker County, GA

I dont see a problem here. Why is it so hard to imagine a walker devouring a human, bones and all?

Um, really?
“I can’t promise to understand God’s plan, but Christ promised a resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.” ~Hershel

ZombieGrrl2.0

ZombieGrrl2.0

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationWalker County, GA

Nicely put. Agree with every stinkin word!
“I can’t promise to understand God’s plan, but Christ promised a resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.” ~Hershel

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

Um, really?

ok, maybe not one but 3 or 4, easy peasy. The other walkers simply scurried off. There, problem solved!

Luke

Luke

Infected

• Members

Well, if that is true - we shouldn't need to watch a spin off show (especially one not aired in this country) to make sense.

Nicotero confirms .... here now stop about the whole body argument.

Nicotero says they shot Rick’s scenes all in one day, chronologically, so we could see him descend into madness. He also confirms that the bloated walker ate Lori, after dragging her carcass around the corner. Nicotero says the hair in the walker’s mouth was Lori’s, which is a disgusting touch I missed the first time.

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
I don't care who confirms it. Why should I need to read and watch additional content to make a scene seem better?

I can buy in to that, and I don't need to see everything on screen - but as mentioned, following last episodes emotional death - and then painting the image only one has eaten her and got a comical fat belly sort of kills the tone.

SplittinAdam

SplittinAdam

Infected

• Members
  • LocationWI

Why do you guys keep saying he ate her entire body...?

You can see the blood trails of where she is dragged down the hall. Then you see her hair and flesh on the walker. The remains of her body are around the corner. I was thinking this when I watched it and expected them to show it but they didn't. The rest of her is around the corner.

After the show on the talking dead this was also confirmed.

Honestly, we shouldn't have to watch TTD to spell out the plot. It's horrible that the zeds dragged her corpse, too, because they've never done that before.

If the remains are really around the corner, then the writers missed a GOLDEN opportunity to really put AL's acting ability on a pedestal. How do you pass the opportunity for a complete breakdown, and one more goodbye?

They're smarter than that, and that's why I don't buy it. I hate the idea that something is in store for us here, but I see no other possible explanation.

Luke

Luke

Infected

• Members
If that's your gripe then fine... But when I watched the show I saw the blood and expected to find the body around the corner. I expected that scene to come but it never came.

I just think the made up assumption that her entire body was eaten even to the bones is silly. And the complaining about it is silly. The blood trail is right there to see clear as day.

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon
How do we know that the walkers have never dragged corpses before? this is the first time we've seen it. Not everything has to be explained in this show.
She could have been dragged by a walker who was trying to pull her head off to eat but ended up dragging her and gave up and just starting to eat her, the other walkers nearby heard the chomping and chewing and helped the walker eat all of her.

There, problem solved.

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

If that's your gripe then fine... But when I watched the show I saw the blood and expected to find the body around the corner. I expected that scene to come but it never came.

I just think the made up assumption that her entire body was eaten even to the bones is silly. And the complaining about it is silly. The blood trail is right there to see clear as day.

and a pack of walkers ate every part of her, bones and all.

There, problem solved.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!