lori walking dead dead carl

justvic77

justvic77

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationNashville, TN
My Opinion,
Lori Dead... Carol not so much
I think they were looking for a way to dispose of Lori's body, to add to Rick's anguish. He didn't get to be there with her when she died, he didn't get to see a body. I don't know if I didn't just pay as much attention, but I thought that Rick was picking up a spent shell casing. The Blood, the Shell Casing, showing the cop in Rick that it happened here. The bloated walker and the lack of bones I was meh on, but the lack of the body is going to add to the unresolved issues which will plague the husband in Rick.
With Carol, all we saw was her leaving out a door. They went out of their way to show how likely it was Andrew was dead, and he'd been sitting on his butt in a cafeteria for 8 months not really knowing what's going on. Carol has spent that time learning how to survive and adjusting to the ZA. And the little touches with Daryl... Seeing the handprint at the daycare with the name Sofie on it, the cherokee rose on the grave... I think they still have more story to tell with those two.
The first step is the one you believe in, the second one might be profound.

Jasonicus

Jasonicus

Infected

• Members

Didn't Talking Deal also tell us that Andrew was dead too.

I think she is alive. I think Rick looking at the bullet was a clue of somekind and I don't think that Walker ate every little peice of Lori. It all adds up to Carol and Lori somewhere together. At least that is what I am thinking.

She's not alive. Lori is dead. The walker in the boiler room ate her. There is a behind the scenes video on AMCtv.com that verifies it.

HungryGhost

HungryGhost

Infected

• Members

I can buy that.

It is pretty sloppy writing though, surely an empty boiler room would have had the same effect but without the WTF!?'s everywhere.

Plus I wouldnt have a headache.

Still not 100% convinced of Lori's and Carol's demise but your explanation on why it's been left vague makes sense to me. :zombiethumbsup:

I agree that it is sloppy writing. I think Carol is still alive. Lori is dead, though. I'll go so far as to say she could maybe be zombified somewhere, just maybe, but not alive. No way.

Jasonicus

Jasonicus

Infected

• Members
I don't understand the sloppy writing thing. I think it is going along fine. The walker ate Lori, what's so sloppy about that? This is a show about zombies, it's fiction. There is always some disbelief in what is going on, but for the most part it's been pretty well done. You people are too critical over little things. Just enjoy the ride instead of disecting every little thing.

SplittinAdam

SplittinAdam

Infected

• Members
  • LocationWI
It's just too much of a stretch - I don't think there is any way that the writers would botch the boiler room scene that badly. As it's been pointed out already - no walker has ever moved a body to eat it. It is possible that the walker himself was covered in blood, and dragged himself to the sitting position, but honestly, I find that unlikely also, because that would mean that he did, in fact, eat her entirely, which also goes against the rest of the show. Most of the bodies left behind are rib cage and head, and I see no reason why, all of a sudden, that would be consumed by a walker. Let's look at what we know FOR SURE.

The writers went out of their way to give Carol c-section experience.
Carol was wearing her scarf when she left T-Dog.
Carol's scarf was found next to T-Dog.
There is a picture floating around of Carol emerging from the double-doors near T-Dog. (If this was filmed, it must be part of a flash-back.)
Rick picked up the bullet that was meant to have killed Lori. Bullet appeared to be clean.
Spoiler

These writers have gone out of their way to make us believe something, and then shock us when it goes the other way. We've dealt with the "we think they're alive, but they're really dead," shockers - it's not a stretch to think they'll give us the "We think they're dead, but they're really alive!" shocker for the mid-season break.
I don't think the writers would have thrown out this many errors, unless it's intentional, and leading to something more. They are professionals, after all. Not to mention, it would have made a much more endearing scene to see Rick cradling her body, than shanking a Z in rage.

What makes the most sense (pure speculation,) is that Carl fired into the floor, not able to kill his mother. Carol backtracked after being impeded by a walker through the doors, lost her scarf, and ran through the prison, eventually finding herself in the boiler room, with Lori in shock, and bleeding out, but alive. Carol using her newfound surgical technique to patch Lori, and drag her off, and nurse her back to health.

Everyone felt that Lori's death came too soon - maybe everyone was right. Of course, if they really bring her back alive, that might be the turning point of the series.

Oh, and I couldn't help but notice that Sarah Wayne Callie's name was still in the opening credits. It's pretty interesting that they changed the intro this season, and left her in the (2nd?) casting slot when she was only to appear in 4 episodes.

Ryan_Dead

Ryan_Dead

Biter

• Members

I don't understand the sloppy writing thing. I think it is going along fine. The walker ate Lori, what's so sloppy about that? This is a show about zombies, it's fiction. There is always some disbelief in what is going on, but for the most part it's been pretty well done. You people are too critical over little things. Just enjoy the ride instead of disecting every little thing.

I see where you are coming from. But like many fans I still can't help but find this situiation pretty bizzare. Like you said, I know it is a zombie show but that cannot be an excuse for everything. It is supposed to be as realistic as possible. I think this was bad writing. I don't see why a zombie would drag a body (why not eat the body in where it is?) and eat through the clothes/ bones and also not even bother to attack Rick.

I rarely have bad things to say about the writing but unless there is a clear explanation later on about this I am calling it bad writing for now

mac1425

mac1425

S-mart Employee

• Members
So far, in this series, they love to show pretty glorious deaths even of important charasters. And when they have not shown the death but left us to assume they were dead. They, in some cases, have turned out now to be dead. I am sure there is a reason they did not show us her death and have left us to speculate.

zoms

zoms

Infected

• Members
  • LocationOntarioh-no

She was skinny to begin with, hasn't been eating properly, and had a baby stealing any nutrients she received from her meager meals.

That was a pretty healthy-sized baby that Maggie pulled out of her, I'm doubtful that Lori's pre-natal lifestyle could have produced such a robust baby. Maybe the show could have picked a preemie instead.

Something to think about in the ZA world concerning reproduction might be prohibiting women who are at risk of complicated birth from having kids (I can see that happening in Woodbury) and only the broad beamed ladies bearing strong, healthy young.

Also, why fill in Carole's grave if she's not in it? I definitely think she's still around. Last night felt like an all over the place filler episode, but it still had good moments like those regarding Penny and the window into the governor's madness/general theme of insanity. All the stuff in the 'next week' preview was what I expected to be in this episode. D'oh.

rexmundi

rexmundi

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia
I dont generally mind his work, but there have been some serious wtf moments that he has been the director of. In the webisodes, you had the moment of the reveal of Rick's locker, plus the security guard's head on the table. Rick would not have had a locker in Atlanta with photoalbums since it was revealed in episode 1 that Lori took all the albums. The security guard got decapitated in an entireley different section of the sotrage unit, but his head ended up watching the monitors. Both these scenes were just done for an effect, but didnt make sense. They would nlot have carried his head to the monitor room.

This leads me to season 3 episode 5. The sated zombie that devoured Lori was done just for a shock effect. We get to see Rick mutilate the belly of his wife's eater. Thing is, there would have to be bones if she was picked clean. What makes even less sense is why didnt the other survivors come and get her remains? They went to the trouble to honor her by digging a grave for her to rest in peace, but they couldnt be troubled to go retrieve what had to be her intact body? The full bellied zombie suggests that they never did and let her carcass to the walkers. This also suggest that T-Dog was left to be picked clean as well.

I read in an interview that these were just to be ceremonial markers, rather than graves. Then why dig the graves in the first place? Just make three crosses and save a lot of work. Kirkman flat out stated that Carol's body is not in her grave. There needed to be a burial scene.

I shouldn't have to watch Talking Dead or read an interview to understand what just happened in an episode. Nicotero had to say that the zombie dragged Lori off and devoured her. If he had only included at least a partial remain of Lori, the scene would have been clearer. I shouldnt have to read an interview with Kirkman to know that the graves are empty.and that they didnt bother to collect Lori's and T-Dogs bodies.

kj500

kj500

Infected

• Members

That would be the only plausible explanation. But it's up to us, it's like the writers forgot about the credibility side here.

The "It's up to us" hosreshit is what lazy writers throw at the audience. Don't- LOST- me biotch :wallmad:, earn that cheddar!
Michonne

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members
Remember in S3E1 when they were clearing the cell block, how many skeletal corpses did they come across? Quite a few. So in 10 months time (based on how long Tomas said they were locked up in the cafeteria), all those walkers couldn't finish off corpses, but now a single walker devours one in a matter of a few hours? And you can't buy that?

Normally I would agree with you. Too many people do gripe about the little things. I'm going to draw the line with this one. Unless it's explained later that maybe Carol came by and took her body away after the walker was "full", then I'm calling total BS on that scene. Her death was one of the most moving scenes in the series. Then to follow it up with THAT is a complete joke.

HungryGhost

HungryGhost

Infected

• Members
If Lori is alive, then the show has jumped the shark.

I am ok with artistic license on a lot of things, including zombie behavior (the body was dragged for the emotional impact on viewers - making everyone question what happened to Lori), but no bones makes so little sense. Digging three graves for one body when the third person is MIA makes no sense.

I think all the confusing Lori stuff - no body, no bones, no hard evidence that Carl shot her - is on purpose. The writers want us to think Lori might be somewhere else. She might be a zombie. She might be alive. This will
Spoiler

nxdvegas

nxdvegas

Infected

• Members
doesnt anyone think that they would have a little teensy bit more respect for Loris character than to let her be devoured by a walker? I'm not buying it , they can "confirm" this all they want but there isnt enough to convince me. Since when do walkers eat clothes? Or be able to eat bones with decaying teeth? So many inconsistencies on a show that relies and feeds (pun intended) on consistencies. Also the show picks up right after last weeks, there is no time inbetween, so I'm supposed to believe a walker consumed and ENTIRE body within an hour tops? yeah ok.

My theory on the hair in the hands and mouth of the walker: the walker was there the entire time but with the commotion of Lori no one notices. When Lori is discovered (by Carol?) she drags Lori past the immobile walker and as she passes by he grabs for her but is only able to grab a chunk of hair. something to think about...

Spoiler

Carl_Grimes

Carl_Grimes

Infected

• Members
  • LocationCardiff,UK
Hey!First time poster,long time lurker!Im one of the mods over at the walking dead fanclub boards.

Got to say,this is something which really left me mad at the sloppy writing and plot holes it has caused.There is no way that a loan walker could eat an entire fully grown woman bones and all.
I mean,what happened to her shirt she was wearing?Did it eat that aswell?!

The shows writers seem to be making up there own rules as they go along and Kirkman seems to not mind if the paychecks and interview arse licking keeps rolling in.

The Talking Dead only helps to make these plot holes more obvious with the sketchy answers from all involved that are completely laughable to the hardcore fans of the comic

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen
Lori being alive would be pretty stupid. They already did the whole "dead but not really" thing with Andrew. With Andrew, it wasn't so bad, but doing it twice in the same season would be a little retarded IMO.

I had assumed that Carol was alive and was surprised they didn't reveal it this week.

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

Carl_Grimes

Carl_Grimes

Infected

• Members
  • LocationCardiff,UK
If Lori has survived its majorly dumb and unbelievable-I mean come on,she was cut open,lost tons of blood and passed out-yet we are meant to believe she crawled away and possibly bumped into Carol (a women with very little medical know how,let alone of that calibre) and survived.

How dumb do they think people are?

Grénádé

Grénádé

Lurker

• Members
Here is a theory.

Maybe what we are seeing in the boiler room is from Rick's whacked out point of view and the fat walker actually is Lori, but his mind is so warped and his sub-concioius is protecting him by projecting the image we see on screen. If he found bullet on the ground that has to mean Carl did not shoot her but instead shot the ground.

Carl_Grimes

Carl_Grimes

Infected

• Members
  • LocationCardiff,UK
Thats an interesting theory although I doubt it-goood thinking though!

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

Here is a theory.

Maybe what we are seeing in the boiler room is from Rick's whacked out point of view and the fat walker actually is Lori, but his mind is so warped and his sub-concioius is protecting him by projecting the image we see on screen. If he found bullet on the ground that has to mean Carl did not shoot her but instead shot the ground.

I could see that happening. Rick seems to be delusional at the moment. I think the phone is in his imagination (my opinion, not a comic book spoiler, I hear the phone is in the comics but I have not read up to that point).

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

remmdog

remmdog

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationCT
I agree partially with teh OP and hope some parts are explained... it was a WTheck moment as well. Speaking with a co-worker aout the episode the week before guides my view on it a bit. He questioned how the Walkers in the halls didn't come into the room after the gun shot. I actually agreed and said well maybe Carl and Maggie fought their way down the halls back to the courtyard. Was fine with not seeing the route back... I would have liked to see Carl in silent mode just pulling a mini-Rick and just walking through the halls shooting down like four-five walkers with no reaction on his way outside to show the growth from having to put down his mom.

My perspective after thinking it over is that some Walkers did hear the shot, Maggie and Carl exit leaving the Walkers in route to find a freshly killed body, still warm-blood spilling out etc and devoured Lori. The blood drag on the ground is from the gorged walker that is now a "lurker" while the others (never see them) depart from the room somewhere.

The bones, again will agree on this one... not explained, I do hope somehow it was just off-screen, but was hoping the skeleton would be left where she died. There is no concievable way Lori lives from having her Uterus knifed open, which entails also moving her other organs to free the baby.

No matter the training Carol had could save Lori from what occured the episode prior. The blood loss, ripping open of organs alone sealed Lori's fate.

The other potential in my opinion is that Carl couldn't do it and missed Lori, she is dead and maybe regains consciousness and begins to crawl before walkers get her...

So long story short, big old hole to fill next week. We will see... from the promo appears Rick may be looking for her remains... which i agree is far fetched that they would drag remains anywhere else.

CherryOwl

CherryOwl

Infected

• Members

Here is a theory.

That's exactly what I was thinking! Warning, phone spoiler in my prediction:
Spoiler
This of course is pure speculation, but it seems more likely than a zombie eating a whole human, bones and all :smiley-confused002:

Also, first post! :D

AngelLeigh

AngelLeigh

Infected

• Members
I'm finding everyone's disbelief and confusion making me confused. To me, it's very clear what happened. Carl shot Lori. A walker ate most of her body. HungryGhost has it right, it's setting us up for some awesomeness.

Sidenote: Why is it so inprobable that a member of the group found and buried her bones? Glenn, particularly since he stays behind and is in the part of the prison Lori died in.

-edited for spelling-

Is it Sunday, yet?

Carl_Grimes

Carl_Grimes

Infected

• Members
  • LocationCardiff,UK
Because if Glenn had done that why didnt he notice the fat walker?!

dogwalker

dogwalker

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEssex/ London
A) Greg Nicotero never said Carol was dead, he just mentioned when Daryl put the flower on her grave... (Which is presumed unfilled) - Then Chris Hardwick got a boner and was like "Omg she's dead?!!!!"

B) I love how when I and others suggested Carol healed Lori last week so many people said it was stupid but now they think it happened? WHAT? ;P. I think Lori is dead and inside the walker's stomach, it's just incredibly poor writing. I don't think there is much of a chance now of Carol having saved Lori simply due to the fact that it doesn't explain the bloated walker etc. You never know though, I guess.

Kikora

Kikora

Lurker

• Members
I had just assumed they didn't show Lori's body. That maybe Rick had been clinging to the last vestibule of hope that the people here are, that Carl and Maggie couldn't bear to shoot Lori, and maybe he'd find her clinging to life in the boiler room. It was all he had, the only bit of hope, but he comes down to find his wife a bloody mess. Her body has been gnawed past recognition, probably laying in a corner, devoured. For whatever was left of Rick's sanity, he wouldn't want to see her. Instead he focuses on her , 'Killer', the walker that ate her and didn't even let him say goodbye. He got close, took it personally, and took out his anger on the corpse. Besides that, for the sake of bringing in the next break in Rick's sanity, it was really vital that he didn't get that closure, didn't get a chance to see her the way he knew her... And so, neither do we.

Still, I wont pretend there aren't plot holes. The bullet is one, it doesn't make sense where he found it. If it went through Lori's skull, it would have been covered in gore. If it hadn't had the skull to slow it, then it would have embedded in the concrete. Bullets travel FAST, and are harder than cement, it would have lodged in the floor, not lay flat against it.

Walkers have never dragged prey before. They eat it where it falls, dragging their food to a safer spot takes some degree of intelligence, planning, and self-preservation... Walkers have none of the above.

I can buy the walker eating a fresh kill. I think that they don't eat rotting or cooked meat (The canned ham would have been seasoned and cooked), but as long as it smells like fresh blood and flesh, it's fair game. It's not like zombies check for pulses, it wouldn't know the difference between a live catch and a dead one, and they obviously have no qualms eating something that isn't moving (Daryl's foot-fetish walker).

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!