Bear With Me...lori And The Walker

lori walking dead dead carl

Shane is the Man

Shane is the Man

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
The thing is, if the walker indeed ate her, why? It doesn't really do anything for the story, except showcase the bad writing. Lori's death last episode was harrowing enough, we don't need her to be completely ingested on top of that. It would have been much more dramatic if Rick had found her intact body, and had been able to cradle her. That would've been a really great scene, Rick trying to apologize to Lori, or trying to wake her up, it would've been soooooooo much better than Rick stabbing away at a bloated walker belly.

Yo soy guajiro y carretero, y en el campo vivo bien, porque el campo es el Eden, mas lindo del mundo entero. 

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

Did they say on the Talking Dead that the walker ate her bones? If so that is really something ridiculous. I just thought some of her body was off screen.

I think her body was just off screen.

There have been other instances where walkers have eaten freshly dead (one last week, in fact), so that didn't bother me, but I think I would have preferred that Rick found her body, but not really show it to us (I don't need to see a main character with their head blown off).

HanPL

HanPL

Infected

• Members
Hey all first post here :)
I re-watched the episode today and I think nxdvegas is right about Carl shooting the floor instead Lori.
If you look closely you will notice there is big hole after bullet impact in the concrete. Also there is no brain matter around it.

Bullet hole

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

I think her body was just off screen.

There have been other instances where walkers have eaten freshly dead (one last week, in fact), so that didn't bother me, but I think I would have preferred that Rick found her body, but not really show it to us (I don't need to see a main character with their head blown off).

I didn't get the impression that it was just off screen. If so, I think they would have shown Rick finding her and freaking out over it. Maybe they wouldn't have shown her in full, but enough of a body for him to cry over. When he started stabbing the walker, at first I think he was going to cut it open to get as much of her body out as possible, but then just resorted to a rage induced stab-fest.

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
Walkers have eaten dead meat since the start aka Daryl's dead deer in Tell It To The Frogs, BUT....they usually leave some remains....even 2 Walkers couldn't eat T-Dog fast enough, and he had remains left.

Really, think having them eat her whole is a bit too far and just as bad as becoming a Walker. Even though Lori was annoying at times - just ending up in a stomach is just sad.

etphoto

etphoto

Biter

• Members
You guys ars bringing up some good points. However, if carol drug the body away, why didnt the blood trail continue? At some point she would have needed to stop the bleeding, but the trail ending at the full walker? Another writer blundef.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

Walker_Slayer

Walker_Slayer

Lurker

• Members

Glad to know I wasn't the only one confuzzed by this. It simply made no sense. After the impressive emotional payoff of Lori's death, we get THIS muddled mess? The graves were already filled in, so did the prisoners already handle this? Don't we need an empty grave somewhere? Or are we just getting sloppy with where bodies end up?

They even asked for clarification on The Walking Dead and Nicotero's explanation was thin at best. Apparently the bloated walker had her hair in his teeth? Really?

I will admit to being pretty impressed with the season thus far but this one just fell flat for me. They tried to do too much in too short a period of time. Trying to balance Woodbury and the prison if they keep up this pace might prove untenable.

Actually one of the graves at the end was left as an unfilled hole in the ground.

I hope however the writers resolve this, it makes sense to us.

I don't want a "you've gotta be frickin' kidding me" moment.

I realize this is a big fantasy world, but honestly. Things still have to make some sort of sense.

I know the feeling. There are some things even suspension of disbelief will not cover. When I saw the blood trail I thought "I hope that doesn't mean what I think it does. I really hope Lori didn't zombify." Then I saw the pot bellied Walker slumped against the wall and no corpse to be seen and ALL I could think was...

Walkers have eaten dead meat since the start aka Daryl's dead deer in Tell It To The Frogs, BUT....they usually leave some remains....even 2 Walkers couldn't eat T-Dog fast enough, and he had remains left.

Really, think having them eat her whole is a bit too far and just as bad as becoming a Walker. Even though Lori was annoying at times - just ending up in a stomach is just sad.

As far as I can tell it's just an assumption that the deer that Walker was chomping on, that Daryl had shot with an arrow, was already dead when it started to eat it. I see no reason why that deer couldn't have still been alive but just too weak to run.

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony
Is it possible that multiple walkers were on the scene? Perhaps our bloated friend arrived first, filled up on her organs, then others arrived to help finish dismantling her corpse. The others were able to leave, but the original walker wasn't able to.

I feel the bloated walker was only a device to cause the viewer to believe, if only for a split second, that it was Lori's empty pregnant belly in the background, behind Rick. However, one walker could not consume a whole body alone. I call BS on that.
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

T-E-X

T-E-X

Lurker

• Banned

The bloody "drag marks" are from the bloated walker trying to drag itself (post Lori feeding frenzy) out of the room, then just giving up and stopping there to rest/lurk. As it dragged its own body it smeared the copious amounts of Lori's blood/amniotic fluid that were covering the floor.

etphoto

etphoto

Biter

• Members

The bloody "drag marks" are from the bloated walker trying to drag itself (post Lori feeding frenzy) out of the room, then just giving up and stopping there to rest/lurk. As it dragged its own body it smeared the copious amounts of Lori's blood/amniotic fluid that were covering the floor.

That would work to explain the drag marks, but as everyone has pointed out, the bones.  Image the skull itself, no way a walker ate that.  I am now leaning toward Lori not being dead.  As others pointed out, Carol found her, and using her boyscout level of first aid, saved her.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

Mirytie

Mirytie

Infected

• Members
I think Lori's dead is pretty weird too! They showed T-Dog bones so, why not show Loris'? That's just weird.
The thing I think it could happened is that:
1. Carl didn't have the courage to put a bullet on his mother head,
2. Then, Carol ran off and hide on the same room where Lori was to run from walkers and saw her there,
3. She finds that Lori is in shock, and almost dead (what pissed me off in Lori's dead was that they didn't even check her heart)
4. Carol does her best to save her there but a walker comes in, so she drag her out.
5. She can be hiding now until Lori gets better.

I really didn't like Lori's death but, if she is to come back, it must have to have some awesome explanation.
The over stuffed zombie could have eaten the other prisioner or the one Rick killed on episode 2. There is no explanation for the "no Lori bones" stuff...
Furthmore, Lori was finally getting through her husband again when she died. That was just a buzz kill!!!

The Custodian

The Custodian

Infected

• Members
Are we supposed to believe the walker just unhinged it's jaw to swallow Lori's head?

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationKnoxville TN
I'm glad someone posted this topic cause like others that whole part made little to no sense. Also on The Talking Dead Nicotero plainly said Carol was dead as well. During the show I got no impression anybody went inside except Rick and Glen. They dug the graves but no one went inside. I know its a small detail but if they did it would've been nice to show it @ least to help the story tie together. As mentioned most times I'm able to gloss over the little details, but this doesn't make sense. If Walkers eat dead things, even fresh we'd have seen something on it prior. We hadn't and now it seems the rules they made for this world is changing with no info as to why. I get we need to move the story along and it if was little things then again it wouldn't be good much of a issue. Tdoggs hair in the last 8 months, etc. No biggie. However this makes little to no sense. Also Nicotero said on The Talking Dead (and I may have heard this part wrong), that they were going to go for the Walker dragging her away like that but didn't. I think shes alive with Carol, it makes no sense to have Carol just up and vanish and not give the character an second on screen time on it. Nothing, just poof your gone. Bye, pick your check up @ the door. Nah I ain't buying it.

Also Glen turning the digging over the inmates I thought was a sign he was being a leader. I liked that.

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
They probably just say Carol is dead because saying "No she isn't" would kill the whole idea behind her missing.

I think as mentioned, they wanted the fat belly to seem like it was Lori for a moment, cause I sure did. But really, they should have had a couuple more walkers around to at least make it seem like 1 hasn't eaten her whole. I still find that a bad choice, Lori was always so adamant, she wanted to be put down. Being eaten whole? Just as bad.

I am hoping Carol discovered Lori's corpse and removed the rest before it was totally eaten so they can bury her properly.

HungryGhost

HungryGhost

Infected

• Members
The reason they didn't show Lori is (comic spoiler)
Spoiler

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members
And that seems to be a recurring theme this season: neverending plot holes and inconsistencies. I for one am tiring of it. The season is still good but it pales in comparison to the first two.

There's just too many holes regarding Lori and Carol for me. Feels like im being hoodwinked.

I cant help but think they are leading us into a mid season cliffhanger with those 2 at the centre of it.

TyCork

TyCork

Infected

• Members
If you watch the trailer they play at the end of the episode for next week Daryl picks up a knife out of what I think is a biter and says "Is that Carole's knife?" If she died next to T-Dogg no way she could of gotten far enough to stab a biter or at the very least drop her knife. Do I think she's absolutely alive. They said they cut a scene where Daryl freaks out over Carols death and I think they cut it so there would still be a lot of is she alive going around. As far as Lori I'd like to believe Carole saved her because the scene was just terrible and had so much potential. I mean Rick broke down outside but can you imagine if he came across her body? And from what I saw no one told him she died in the boiler room so he just has to guess from the bullet and all this blood that this is where Lori "died" and this obese "Snake" biter unhinged its jaw swallowed Lori whole. But I would think that this would freak Rick out more than just a simple stabbing spree. I mean I honestly thought he was going to gut the biter and maybe he intended too but couldn't bring himself to do it but he didn't gut it and so we still see no body and no believable scenario in which that one biter devoured her entirely. Carole 100% alive; Lori 100% sketchy and if this shows gonna get this sketchy than I suggest we just keep Lori dead and some how reintroduce Shane because I mean what the hell, rules don't matter and Shane does.

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony

That would work to explain the drag marks, but as everyone has pointed out, the bones. Image the skull itself, no way a walker ate that. I am now leaning toward Lori not being dead. As others pointed out, Carol found her, and using her boyscout level of first aid, saved her.

Explaining the bones? We have seen some walkers lift bones and limbs to eat them. It is possible that some walkers left with some bones in their hands. Also, Lori's body had to be pretty malnourished. She was skinny to begin with, hasn't been eating properly, and had a baby stealing any nutrients she received from her meager meals. I would imagine her bones were brittle enough to break very easily. A gang of walkers could have consumed them, with the bloated walker filling up mainly on Lori's organs, and some fleshy bits (like her scalp).
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

That would be the only plausible explanation. But it's up to us, it's like the writers forgot about the credibility side here.

I for one am getting tired of having to rely on The Talking Dead to explain the show to me. The writers need to stop being lazy and get their act together.

Living Dead Grrrl

Living Dead Grrrl

Cynical Cadaverous Creeper

• Members
  • LocationThe Beyond
Im pretty sure walkers did infact eat Lori. Silly as it might be they suddenly seemingly can eat like snakes, the fat bloated walker who crawled away after feasting on her (and left the trail) clearly had her hair (or someones long brown hair) hanging out of his mouth.

""If a zombie bites you, you turn into a zombie. However, if a mummy bites you, all you turn into is some schmo with a mummy bite..."
Dellamorte Dellamore ... 'Of Death of Love'

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationKnoxville TN
I agree that not all of us are going to be happy with each weeks show. Some will see this in it, or that. Some will be a fickle as a fish on land. However if I write a story about a car that has 4 wheels and 1 steering wheel. Now in order for this car to move it needs gas. Ok so I make subplots that the main characters go out and get gas, maybe repair a wheel when one goes flat thru many episodes only to have everyone discover that you can propel a car on water! Only to get to that conclusion it's arrived @ after 2 to 3 episodes of them actually doing it but never explaining how they found out, or why they bothered to put water in the gas tank. A extreme example sure but the story is wearing thin and they are kicking their own rules in the nuts.

Andrew could've never caught a deer on his on in the middle of a ZA armed only with a ax. Deers don't just hang around people, and think about it..they've had walking dead people trying to eat them for months. So no I don't think he killed the deer to get the parts to attract Walkers. Plus the deer is dead when the walkers go after it. So that goes right into dead Lori laying on the ground and a walker finding her..doing what no other walker ever has that we have seen, pulling her to a more comfortable spot to feast on her. The walker then eats all of her body. Bones and all...clothes and all. No thats just poor writing that I'm finally having too much of. I feel like the stuffed walker..I'm stuffed to the brim of flimsly story telling that goes nowhere and circles around against what it had just stated.

mac1425

mac1425

S-mart Employee

• Members
Didn't Talking Deal also tell us that Andrew was dead too.

I think she is alive. I think Rick looking at the bullet was a clue of somekind and I don't think that Walker ate every little peice of Lori. It all adds up to Carol and Lori somewhere together. At least that is what I am thinking.

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
It just seems to me Lori really has been eaten up -
Spoiler

meesha1971

meesha1971

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationKentucky

Explaining the bones? We have seen some walkers lift bones and limbs to eat them. It is possible that some walkers left with some bones in their hands. Also, Lori's body had to be pretty malnourished. She was skinny to begin with, hasn't been eating properly, and had a baby stealing any nutrients she received from her meager meals. I would imagine her bones were brittle enough to break very easily. A gang of walkers could have consumed them, with the bloated walker filling up mainly on Lori's organs, and some fleshy bits (like her scalp).

Interesting. I was thinking that the walker could probably eat the smaller bones - like phalanges - and the larger bones are probably scattered off to the side somewhere after being licked clean. There were bits of flesh and/or organs in the pool of blood as well - probably fell off or out of the walker's mouth as he was eating - and you could see some of Lori's hair stuck in his mouth so Lori definitely was eaten.

Lori was dead before Maggie even got the baby out so that's not even a question for me. She lost massive amounts of blood in a short period of time - no chance of her surviving that at all. Carl was adamant about shooting her so she wouldn't turn - and he knew that Lori wanted to be shot so she wouldn't turn - so I don't see him backing down from that. From what Carol said to T-Dog before he sacrificed himself, they all made a pact to make sure nobody turned.

I do think the possibility of Carol being the one to drag Lori's body is interesting - though I think, if that were the case, she didn't get very far because of that walker. Since Lori died before they got the baby out, I think it's obvious that Carol is not hiding somewhere trying to nurse her back to health, but I could see her attempting to retrieve Lori's remains so they could bury her properly - they've been very adamant about burying their dead and burning the walkers. If that's what happened, the walker probably came in as Carol was trying to drag the body and she had to make a run for it. I don't recall Greg Nicotero specifically saying that the walker dragged Lori - just that they put the bloody drag marks there to show she had been dragged - so that could be possible. I wish I had recorded TTD so I could be sure.

D.O.D.I

D.O.D.I

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationScotland

The reason they didn't show Lori is (comic spoiler)

Spoiler

I can buy that.

It is pretty sloppy writing though, surely an empty boiler room would have had the same effect but without the WTF!?'s everywhere.

Plus I wouldnt have a headache.

Still not 100% convinced of Lori's and Carol's demise but your explanation on why it's been left vague makes sense to me. :zombiethumbsup:

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!