Bear With Me...lori And The Walker

lori walking dead dead carl

nxdvegas

nxdvegas

Infected

• Members
After rewatching tonights episode I am wondering if there is more to come for Lori, there was bad writing, or I am just plain reading too much into it, so thoughts and comments would be appreciated. And please dont rip me a new one, just some thoughts

In the scene where Rick finds the "bloated walker" we presume that it has devoured Lori, but there are some problems here:

1. the drag marks. A walker would not have the strength, nor reasoning or mentallity to drag Loris body to devour her

2. Where are her bones? No way would a walker be able to eat every single piece of her, with no trace.

3. The bullet Rick finds was obviously a bullet that was shot, but it is clean, no blood or anything. Seems to me it was never shot into Lori but rather Carl shot it into the room to make it seem like he shot her (hense why we never see him do it)

4. Going back to episode 4, it is possible she never died in the first place, but rather was in shock. Could she have bled out? well sure but they never even check for a pulse (if they did I dont remember so sorry)

These are just a few things that I have in my head since tonights episode and definitely something to think about. I know producers, writers, etc have confirmed she is dead but there are a lot of inconsistencies surrounding her death. I could be completely wrong and according to the comics this certainly isnt the way she dies and we know how the writers like to stray a little from the comics to keep us in shock.

Just to clarify, do I think she woke up and walked away? No of course not, but her being drug from the spot where she "died" makes me think someone (possibly Carol?) got her out of there. She was trained by Hershel to medically treat people so it is a possibility she helps her, and saves her (or at least tries). A stretch? sure but with this show you never see ANYTHING coming

feel free to share your thoughts. And btw I am a long time lurker and fan of the show! This is my first post and hope to talk with you guys more!

Xfirekeenmike

Xfirekeenmike

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationSouth Texas mcallen area
So much to think about, my head exploding. Very good points and welcome to the forums.

glitterbomb

glitterbomb

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationUmbrella Headquarters... wait, wrong zombie apocalypse??
they've told us that Lori is dead so many times but we all think Carol's still alive, it would be interesting if they kept Lori alive and killed Carol just to keep us guessing.

I think there are some serious issues with Lori's death, i firmly want to believe that she is dead, i hope they wouldnt mess us around like that.

illuminated

illuminated

Infected

• Members
I also think Lori is dead. Maybe she was unconscious and when she woke up, she tried to crawl and the walker came in and ate her. While he couldn't eat her all, maybe her bones ant other remains were just off-screen?

D.O.D.I

D.O.D.I

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationScotland
There's just too many holes regarding Lori and Carol for me. Feels like im being hoodwinked.

I cant help but think they are leading us into a mid season cliffhanger with those 2 at the centre of it.

Walker_Slayer

Walker_Slayer

Lurker

• Members

There's just too many holes regarding Lori and Carol for me. Feels like im being hoodwinked.

I cant help but think they are leading us into a mid season cliffhanger with those 2 at the centre of it.

Sounds like something they would do since they seem to like to lie, by omission, about people being dead.

ZombieGrrl2.0

ZombieGrrl2.0

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationWalker County, GA
Lori is gone. Put that to rest.

Not real keen on the zombie eating her. That is just STUPID!
“I can’t promise to understand God’s plan, but Christ promised a resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.” ~Hershel

D.O.D.I

D.O.D.I

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationScotland

Lori is gone. Put that to rest.

The walker didnt eat her.

The group buried her.

I hope she is.

What did he eat then?. He looked pretty full.

When? Only Glenn followed Rick into the prison, and after the altercation Rick went to the Boiler Room alone. And if someone else got there first why did they leave the big bellied biter just sitting there?

My head hurts :smiley-confused002:

ZombieGrrl2.0

ZombieGrrl2.0

Lurker

• Members

I hope she is.

What did he eat then?. He looked pretty full.

When? Only Glenn followed Rick into the prison, and after the altercation Rick went to the Boiler Room alone. And if someone else got there first why did they leave the big bellied biter just sitting there?

No no, my bad... He DID eat her. I stand corrected. I missed the Talking Dead last night but apparently Greg Nicatero said that he did eat her. How stupid!!! Why did the zombie drag her and then eat her? Bones and all? Really?

Now THAT is poor writing.
“I can’t promise to understand God’s plan, but Christ promised a resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.” ~Hershel

D.O.D.I

D.O.D.I

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationScotland

No no, my bad... He DID eat her. I stand corrected. I missed the Talking Dead last night but apparently Greg Nicatero said that he did eat her. How stupid!!! Why did the zombie drag her and then eat her? Bones and all? Really?

Now THAT is poor writing.

Yeah, its all a bit WTF!?.

Thats what 's making me think im being hoodwinked. The writers on TWD are quality. It's hard to fathom they'd have huge gaping black hole's with a major character. :srug:

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
It's very WTF. Since when do the walkers eat a WHOLE body, bones and all? We've seen so many bodies chowed down by multiple walkers, but there's always a mostly eaten body left behind. So now we're supposed to believe that one walker gorged himself on Lori?

GoKillZombies

GoKillZombies

Lurker

• Members
I thought it was silly for Carl to have shot Lori so quickly after the delivery....then he, Maggie with baby, walk right out the door. If it was so easy to leave, why didnt they run for help? I guess they felt a ceasarian would kill her...but wouldnt most people try to save her? Especially since apparently the walkers were gone? And if Carl shot her in the head like we are led to believe....that was an awfully long blood trail for the walker to have made eating her. She couldnt have crawled at all. I hope this is resolved at some point. I can ignore little things, but this is Loris life we are talking about here. This isnt a different colored shirt from one frame to the next. This is the death of the second most significant person on the show. Im going to try to reserve judgement on this one until we know more. Try.

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
I was confused by this too - I was expecting to see Lori if only a obscured shot of her arm on the floor so Rick sees her dead. But then I saw no body..and then saw a fat bellied walker there, I thought..."surely not eaten her"?? To me, that is as BAD as her becoming a Walker?? She doesn't even get a burial??? Performance on previous episode was great - and now we get this? Seems a bit disrespectful and cheap.

Also, if walkers eat every ounce of the body (suddenly??)- why are walkers continuing to exist?? Maybe they are starving after winter? Still no explination of the bones - only the bullet left so Rick knows its Lori/she was put down.

Seems they just wanted to quickly wipe her body out so that
Spoiler

I think the way Lori, T-Dog and Carol's "death"/burials have been brushed over is pretty weak to be honest. I liked this show from the start due to little details, and now we are getting scooby-do material.

Like Lori or hate her, as mentioned above she was pretty much the main female for 2 series, so it will hurt rewatches for me to be honest. Like I say, Scooby-Doo.

wyrd

wyrd

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationSevilla

I think the way Lori, T-Dog and Carol's "death"/burials have been brushed over is pretty weak to be honest. I liked this show from the start due to little details, and now we are getting scooby-do material.

I totally agree. I remember Andrea saying "we bury the ones that we love, and we burn the rest" after the barn-ageddon. The scene to pay hommage to Otis. Or Dale.

And now we get Glenn for a couple of seconds, handing it over to the remained prisoners. Slow down!!!!!!!!!! I want my Darabont back!!!!!
Make love not war!

Rick's Hat

Rick's Hat

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOver here going through your stuff

Couldn't agree more.

Blimey O"Reilly ! that scene didn't make any sense to me either. :zombieswear:

Up to this point we have never seen a walker drag off a body and eat it...and really come on! that walker with the bloated stomach! Sheeesh!! Granted Lori was pretty thin, but I don't think that was all of her in that stomach.

I can hardly wait to find out what's up.

Crazy has come to town for a visit!!

ZombieGrrl2.0

ZombieGrrl2.0

Lurker

• Members
Ok... so wait, the bullet didnt lodge in her brain or skull? It passed right through for Rick to find it? It wasn't kibble for the walker too, as was apparently her clothes, bones and teeth? Yea, because that makes sense. Hokey. The whole damn thing is fucking hokey.

Blue Beetle

Blue Beetle

Infected

• Members
I was confused watching the scene, confused when it was discussed and explained on the Talking Dead, and still confused now. I'm also confused about why they would dig graves and then fill them up without bodies in them. They found T-Dogg, and maybe what they think was Carol, but filling up Lori's empty grave is creepy, and not a little bit lame. I hope they will resolve this huge and glaring plot canyon, and soon. They also need to show what happened to Carol, alive or dead, soon. Another multi episode run where we sit and wonder about a lost character is uber lame!

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA
The writers may have said she's dead. But "how" dead? Something fishy about that scene. I'd rather Carol found her and dragged her to a place of safety. Just too unbelievable to have "all" of Lori in one guy's stomach. Perhaps he was simply bloated with gas. lol.

Good point about the bullet being left where her body was left. Is she clinging to life with Carol nursing her?

Kat

Kat

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPretty Much A Swamp

I totally agree. I remember Andrea saying "we bury the ones that we love, and we burn the rest" after the barn-ageddon. The scene to pay hommage to Otis. Or Dale.

And now we get Glenn for a couple of seconds, handing it over to the remained prisoners. Slow down!!!!!!!!!! I want my Darabont back!!!!!

Glad to know I wasn't the only one confuzzed by this. It simply made no sense. After the impressive emotional payoff of Lori's death, we get THIS muddled mess? The graves were already filled in, so did the prisoners already handle this? Don't we need an empty grave somewhere? Or are we just getting sloppy with where bodies end up?

They even asked for clarification on The Walking Dead and Nicotero's explanation was thin at best. Apparently the bloated walker had her hair in his teeth? Really?

I will admit to being pretty impressed with the season thus far but this one just fell flat for me. They tried to do too much in too short a period of time. Trying to balance Woodbury and the prison if they keep up this pace might prove untenable.

Damaged

Damaged

Infected

• Members
I think Singlyme is headed in the right direction in suggesting that Carol found Lori and is nursing her back to health. Both women "died" unconvincing "deaths" that very much leave the possibility both are still alive. Also, remember that Carol was training to deliver the baby via c-section and even practiced on a female walker. Lori appeared dead only a very brief time after being cut open which does not seem like enough time for her to bleed to death. And remember we last saw Carol somewhere inside the jail.

Shane is the Man

Shane is the Man

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
You've got to be kidding me. I mean, I thought the whole "walkers learn not to bite and attack" was a major plot hole, but I got over Michonne's walers and tried to accept the dr. explanation that they lose interest. And that they all of a sudden like to eat dead meat. Ok whatever. I'll run with it.
But really, that walkers ate ALL of Lori? When I watched the episode last night, I thought they were going to be clever and make is so that Carol somehow found Lori and dragged her away to try to fix her up, even if she didn't survive.
But no, it's just plain bad writing. At this point, it's not even bad writing anymore. I'm starting to think the writers are drinking some tea of their own.

Yo soy guajiro y carretero, y en el campo vivo bien, porque el campo es el Eden, mas lindo del mundo entero. 

Tobedesu

Tobedesu

Infected

• Members
  • LocationTokyo, Japan
Certainly is a bit baffling.
I thought the Carl didn't shoot Lori, then she turned and ended up somewhere else...but I doubt that.
The lack of remains is confusing.

mdearth70

mdearth70

S-mart Employee

• Members
Did they say on the Talking Dead that the walker ate her bones? If so that is really something ridiculous. I just thought some of her body was off screen.

wyrd

wyrd

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationSevilla

Did they say on the Talking Dead that the walker ate her bones? If so that is really something ridiculous. I just thought some of her body was off screen.

That would be the only plausible explanation. But it's up to us, it's like the writers forgot about the credibility side here.
Make love not war!

Rick's Hat

Rick's Hat

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOver here going through your stuff
I hope however the writers resolve this, it makes sense to us.

I don't want a "you've gotta be frickin' kidding me" moment.

I realize this is a big fantasy world, but honestly. Things still have to make some sort of sense.

Crazy has come to town for a visit!!

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!