The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep5 - Say The Word - Review

the walking dead season 3 lori rick carl michonne andrea the governer rick and loris baby

The Walking Dead "Say The Word" Review (181 )

What did you think of this week's episode?

1. Excellent (65 [35.91%] - )

35.91%

2. Good - Some Critiques (82 [45.30%] - )

45.30%

3. Fair - Not What I Thought (29 [16.02%] - )

16.02%

4. Poor (5 [2.76%] - )

2.76%

pat5800

pat5800

S-mart Employee

• Members

Did Lori's body get eaten? Did that happen? That walker was awfully fat

ya she got eaten i thought she would have been a walker that would have been really dramatic or she could be alive :lol: but for cereal it could have eaten carol after she stitched up Lori and Lori got away while it ate her i mean Prometheus spoilers
Spoiler

Check out my Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.c...bc?feature=mhee

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members
Overall I really enjoyed this episode. Lots of thoughts:

-The Gov brushing the hair of his turned daughter was one of the most disturbing scenes I think I've ever saw on a tv show. Amazing acting skills on that one.

-Michonne being like "I see you" afterwards was a nice touch but kind of weird as suggested she knew what he was doing up there. Although I think it was supposed to be just a general "I'm watching you" thing.

-Maggie mentioned that Lori asked her to keep an eye out for formula but they couldn't find anything so I guess this makes sense on why they didn't have supplies for the baby.

-Andrew Lincoln's acting is much improved in this episode from his earlier meltdown in the last episode. I think his silent intensity/mad man acting skills are superior to his vocal emotional breakdown ones, much more believable imo.

-Rick was a total badass with that ax though, he was like the terminator it was one of my favorite parts!!

-That scene with Glenn remembering T-Dog was really touching, at least Glenn appreciates T-Dog!!!

-I know people are going to give Andrea major shit again this episode but she is being vocal, she questioned the biters and she defended Michonne. However like it was made clear in this episode overall she just wants a safe refuge, she wanted it with Rick and Co. and she still wants it now. I think she knows in the back of her head its too good to be true but honestly I think a lot of people take for granted this choice of Woodbury vs. the "Wild west" of ZA. This whole Woodbury vs. the outside reminds me a lot of the theme in the movie Brazil.

-I'm glad Andrea did tell Michonne to give her more to go on. I think she wanted to believe Michonne but at the same time she doesn't want to give up the chance of safety unless shes 100% sure.

-Rick is definitely 2 sheets in the wind right now. Loving his crazy though! The phone rang!!! Yes! Can't wait to see that.

-Merle is totally crazy lol but in a way its a bit endearing. Now at least we know why he loves Woodbury so much, only rednecks would get a kick out of that shit.

-Fan girl moment: Daryl with the baby was super cute. I loved it!!! Total wish fulfillment there haha they totally catered to all the fangirls on that one. But the best part of that was the contrast of a soft Daryl then switching over to crazy ass Rick.

-TWD is a total tease though, I was on the edge of my seat thinking ZOMBIE LORI!? But no... some zombie just gorged himself on her which was weird because there was literally no remains to be seen. Did he eat her bones too? That was weird, he literally ate so much of her he was like in a zombie food coma.

-I knew Michonne probably found the arena. Question to comic bookers: Was the Arena staged in the comic the same way?

-Wait so Carol did die? Part of me thinks they think she died but she is going to pull an Andrew and appear again somewhere, possibly to be saved my Michonne.

TS-19

TS-19

Infected

• Members
Carol =
Spoiler
in next weeks episode? :)

shrike

shrike

Roamer

• Members
That walker is begging for a "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" caption

Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGeorgia

Carol =

Spoiler

Doubt it. She has no weapons...

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes
That was pretty kick ass. Love seeing the Governor come unhinged. David Morrissey is amazing.

Andrea is SO blinded by Woodbury, but Michonne was a dick by leaving Andrea behind without telling her what she found about the Governor. She couldn't seriously just sit down and explain everything?

I rolled my eyes SO hard at the Daryl/baby scene. Oh. My. God. Seriously? I could practically hear the writers shouting, "hey, 15 year olds! Watch this!" Ugh.

Sophia Carol Andrea Amy Jacquie Patricia Lori. So the baby's Mexican?

The zombie arena was AWESOME!! Everything about it. I loved it. Love Merle. Milton needs to get laid.

PENNY! Fuck me, that was creepy. Ew. The way he kept talking to her. Again, David Morrissey is flawless.

That wasn't Lori that Rick stabbed in the end. So much for that. However, Rick really needs some Xanax.

I wish "Call Me Maybe" had started playing when Rick picked up the phone.

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys

I dont get the phone its not real is it just him dreaming it?

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

TS-19

TS-19

Infected

• Members

Doubt it. She has no weapons...

She has a knife and
Spoiler

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

Carol =

Spoiler

Ahahahaha!!! :lol:

TS-19

TS-19

Infected

• Members

Ahahahaha!!! :lol:

How funny would it be after all this time
Spoiler
lol

Spoiler

zomB

zomB

Infected

• Members
Theyll find carol alive next episode. No way they did that dramatic tdog death just for her to die off camera

senojsi

senojsi

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNorthwest Indiana
OMG, andrew lincolns acting was perfection!! rick has lost his last good piece of sense. hopefully the arena has given andrea a wake up call re: the govenator. i read somewhere about rick and the phone but seeing it was so much better than i expected. whjere is carol???

what was the babies name, "lil ass kicker?" darryl can do anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is the real baby daddy, haha. he handled the baby like a pro and when he called her sweetheart, i just wanted to hug him.

previews for next week look awesome. none of this seasons episodes have been a let down. i love this show!!!

journeynsolace

journeynsolace

Roamer

• Members
My little fangirl heart was squeeing as loud as anyone's tonight with Daryl and that baby, but I also think we might remember this as the moment Daryl Dixon jumped the shark.

There was no reason for him to be the one to feed the baby EXCEPT to pander to the fangirls. I just can not imagine that it wouldn't have been Maggie (or Beth or Chandler). The Daryl I thought I knew would have been anxious and "all business" to make sure the formula was prepared, etc. but then immediately handed it off to someone else to actually feed and hold the baby.

Even Glen Mazzara seems to admit that it was fangirl pandering in his tweet to Norman Reedus tonight "you owe me bro". (Norman doesn't need any help winning, or keeping, our hearts by the way.)

Again, I LOVE DARYL DIXON, but this moment was not the Daryl Dixon I love. I would have preferred to have seen him kind of awkwardly off to the side watching Maggie feed the baby with his "mission" accomplished of having provided the formula and all the necessities to make it happen.

Also, why not look for Carol first before digging her grave? She's not lost in an expansive woods like Sophia or lost after a zombie herd attack like Andrea. She's in a contained environment. At least look for her first. Clear out a few cell blocks before digging her grave.

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.

When does phone part happen in comics?

After the prison arc ends. As a comic fan more then the tv I'm a little dissapointed that this is happening.
Am I the only one that thinks they're going way too fast? They've eaten up a lot of details/story already while editting out a bunch .

This episode was pretty good though, glad to see penny and the arena. And michonne leaving Woodbury ( wtf was she doing there first anyways )
     “Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
I loved the confrontation between Michonne and the governor. Basically, Michonne said you aren't charming me, governor!

Unfortunately, at that, he turned around and charmed Andrea. I must say that today I didn't mind Michonne not telling Andrea. Last week, I thought Michonne should have told Michonne about the blood and bullet holes, but not this week. Last week, two friends were having a conversation. Granted, Andrea had a shit load of questions, but it was still a conversation. This week, Andrea came at Michonne with, "The governor told me what you did." Really, you are taking the governor's word over Michonne's and you haven't even heard her side. Yeah, I wouldn't have told her either.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Overall I really enjoyed this episode. Lots of thoughts:

-The Gov brushing the hair of his turned daughter was one of the most disturbing scenes I think I've ever saw on a tv show. Amazing acting skills on that one.

-Michonne being like "I see you" afterwards was a nice touch but kind of weird as suggested she knew what he was doing up there. Although I think it was supposed to be just a general "I'm watching you" thing.

-Maggie mentioned that Lori asked her to keep an eye out for formula but they couldn't find anything so I guess this makes sense on why they didn't have supplies for the baby.

-Andrew Lincoln's acting is much improved in this episode from his earlier meltdown in the last episode. I think his silent intensity/mad man acting skills are superior to his vocal emotional breakdown ones, much more believable imo.

-Rick was a total badass with that ax though, he was like the terminator it was one of my favorite parts!!

-That scene with Glenn remembering T-Dog was really touching, at least Glenn appreciates T-Dog!!!

-I know people are going to give Andrea major shit again this episode but she is being vocal, she questioned the biters and she defended Michonne. However like it was made clear in this episode overall she just wants a safe refuge, she wanted it with Rick and Co. and she still wants it now. I think she knows in the back of her head its too good to be true but honestly I think a lot of people take for granted this choice of Woodbury vs. the "Wild west" of ZA. This whole Woodbury vs. the outside reminds me a lot of the theme in the movie Brazil.

-I'm glad Andrea did tell Michonne to give her more to go on. I think she wanted to believe Michonne but at the same time she doesn't want to give up the chance of safety unless shes 100% sure.

-Rick is definitely 2 sheets in the wind right now. Loving his crazy though! The phone rang!!! Yes! Can't wait to see that.

-Merle is totally crazy lol but in a way its a bit endearing. Now at least we know why he loves Woodbury so much, only rednecks would get a kick out of that shit.

-Fan girl moment: Daryl with the baby was super cute. I loved it!!! Total wish fulfillment there haha they totally catered to all the fangirls on that one. But the best part of that was the contrast of a soft Daryl then switching over to crazy ass Rick.

-TWD is a total tease though, I was on the edge of my seat thinking ZOMBIE LORI!? But no... some zombie just gorged himself on her which was weird because there was literally no remains to be seen. Did he eat her bones too? That was weird, he literally ate so much of her he was like in a zombie food coma.

-I knew Michonne probably found the arena. Question to comic bookers: Was the Arena staged in the comic the same way?

-Wait so Carol did die? Part of me thinks they think she died but she is going to pull an Andrew and appear again somewhere, possibly to be saved my Michonne.

I thought that they had already removed the body out of the area to bury her. The walker did have flesh blood on him, though.

I was curious about the arena, as well. I thought it was more about fighting human vs zombie than a staged event.

This epi left more questions than answers for me. Where the hell is Carol?
And did they really let Michonne leave? I don't think so.

justlikeportal

justlikeportal

Infected

• Members
I don't think the walker actually ate Lori. Where were her bones? I figured they buried Lori's corpse, but idk since they didn't show the actual burial.

Loved the episode. I'm so glad Andrea finally gets a view of how weird Woodbury is with the arena. And Penny omg.

jayde

jayde

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCanada
The episode was good, but not as good as the previous episodes of the season, in my opinion.

Daryl with little Ass kicker was cute but I was expecting Maggie to step up and look after the baby, not him. The only way I can really see it is that Daryl is taking over Rick's role as the leader for now, while Rick is indisposed. He was the first one to go to check on Rick, then to see to it that Carl will be taken over by telling Beth to look out for him; then to check on the baby and find out what was needed. While he shouldn't have been the one tending to the baby because he probably has never held a baby in his life, I can see it if it comes from a leadership standpoint. He pretty much took over for Rick and called the shots in this episode when everyone else was a wreck.

That's how I decided to justify it, anyway lol.

The only thing I really didn't like was that phone call. I read the comic but I felt like that call came just a bit too soon. Lori just died, I know he's already spiraling into his madness but I don't believe that was good timing for the phone bit. I think now they're just catering to comic fans who want this, that, and everything else from the comic because it's starting to feel like they're just trying to fit as much of it into an episode as they can.

Andrea is proving that she's still just the same idiot she always was. She doesn't seem to ever listen to reason until it's too late. She did it with Shane, now she's doing it with the Governor. She leaves her closest friend at this point, someone she's traveled with for 8 months and has helped keep her alive when she was ill, and chooses the Governor over her. Really? I get it, she sees Woodbury as a safe haven. She's tired and doesn't want to keep having to fight for her life but if Michonne is that adamant about leaving, how does that not clue her in that maybe, just maybe, it really is a worse place to be? I'm really starting to dislike Andrea, just because she always makes things more difficult with her stubbornness and refusal to ever get out of her own head.

Alright, that's just my take, overall I still really liked the episode and will probably watch it a dozen times until the next one airs.

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
I thought the episode was great, and the balance between Woodbury, the prison was done well. Poor Rick is having a breakdown. I have no idea where Carol can be but they all obviously assume she is dead. Daryl with the baby was so sweet to watch and was a nice way to end it after the sad site of the (children’s school/hospital, not sure exactly what it was). Of course it was funny when Daryl “found” dinner. It did freak me out when Rick approached the big belly walker, but I don’t think it ate Lori, I think the others took her body and buried it before Rick found the spot where she died. Also I don’t think the walkers feed on dead people. If the person is bit and the walkers overpower them I think they feed but if it’s a already deceased body I don’t think they feed on it, many dead bodies were shown over the seasons that were not fed on by walkers. Over at Woodbury I’m glad Mich. finally left, I’m sure she’s not “out of the woods” just yet but I think she will end up on the winning side of any goons sent after her.

ZombieGrrl2.0

ZombieGrrl2.0

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationWalker County, GA

Sophia Carol Andrea Amy Jacquie Patricia Lori. So the baby's Mexican?

No, it's 'Little Asskicker' Silly.. *shakes head* :P
“I can’t promise to understand God’s plan, but Christ promised a resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.” ~Hershel

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

My little fangirl heart was squeeing as loud as anyone's tonight with Daryl and that baby, but I also think we might remember this as the moment Daryl Dixon jumped the shark.

There was no reason for him to be the one to feed the baby EXCEPT to pander to the fangirls. I just can not imagine that it wouldn't have been Maggie (or Beth or Chandler). The Daryl I thought I knew would have been anxious and "all business" to make sure the formula was prepared, etc. but then immediately handed it off to someone else to actually feed and hold the baby.

Even Glen Mazzara seems to admit that it was fangirl pandering in his tweet to Norman Reedus tonight "you owe me bro". (Norman doesn't need any help winning, or keeping, our hearts by the way.)

Again, I LOVE DARYL DIXON, but this moment was not the Daryl Dixon I love. I would have preferred to have seen him kind of awkwardly off to the side watching Maggie feed the baby with his "mission" accomplished of having provided the formula and all the necessities to make it happen.

Also, why not look for Carol first before digging her grave? She's not lost in an expansive woods like Sophia or lost after a zombie herd attack like Andrea. She's in a contained environment. At least look for her first. Clear out a few cell blocks before digging her grave.

Good point. The old Daryl would have made a smart ass comment about the baby because he was feeling emotional.

ElloraDixon

ElloraDixon

S-mart Employee

• Members
Yeah, very good episode indeed, but I think I am the only one that could not care less about the Governor or his daughter or the arena or whatever happens there.
I do like to watch Michonne and Andrea and I was all "oh God, they will shot her now, no way she is going to leave like that", but aside of them, I rolled my eyes everytime it cut to Woodbury.

Rick going cuckoo, amazing! AL is doing a great job and I cant wait to see how the group will deal with him now.

Daryl and the baby... as much as I love Daryl and all, that scene was awkward. Yes, my ovaries were screaming "OMG OMG OMG" but really, as said above, he should have just watched while someone else fed the baby. But...
Also, the cherokee rose. Very thoughtful of him to remember Carol.

And Lori eaten... that was sooooo weird.

journeynsolace

journeynsolace

Roamer

• Members
Um, I'm pretty sure that big walker belly was full of Lori. I'm not sure what they buried in those three graves though since I don't think they found Carol's body (as I think she's still alive), Lori was eaten, and I don't think there was much left of T-Dog to bury either. I do think they should have included some kind of scene showing who/what was being buried instead of another scene of pandering to the Daryl fangirls of him putting a flower on the grave.

They are never killing Daryl Dixon. They are going to ride the Daryl fangirl train to the very end of the series. (I hope I'm wrong about this though.)

Grénádé

Grénádé

Lurker

• Members
Didn't Rick pick up a bullet off the ground by the dirty knife and the fat walker?

Bestrafen

Bestrafen

Roamer

• Members

They are never killing Daryl Dixon. They are going to ride the Daryl fangirl train to the very end of the series. (I hope I'm wrong about this though.)

Yea, it's starting. My niece uses Tumblr and there are so many entries. One of them even said "Yes! Asskicker! The writers are listening to us!"

/sigh

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!