Photo

How Many Seasons Do You Think The Series Will Go To?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

meena76

meena76

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 100 posts
Believe the ratings. If ratings = money and TWD= ratings...then I think it's safe to say it will be around for some time...

EVERYBODY I know watches this show. At least 3 out of 4 in a household. That's major numbers for my little sample group...

I have faith in the writers...they will keep up with the hype
I heart Rick. Shane had to go.

rexmundi

rexmundi

Lurker

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Has it even been renewed for a 4th season?

Not officially. AMC will issue a press release one of these days. In the demo, this show has beaten every network show, barring sunday night football, 4 of the five weeks. Big Bang Theory barely topped it last week. The Voice, Modern Family and the aforementioned Big Bang Theory all must bow their heads and acknowledge the one cable show that rules them all: THE WALKING DEAD!!!!!!

Edited by rexmundi, 14 November 2012 - 04:42 AM.

Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Lurker

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
Im guessing somewhere near 5 or 6.

Breaking Bad is lasting 5 seasons and zombies are a fad. Once they get washed out, the shows ratings will drop.

rexmundi

rexmundi

Lurker

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
This show gets 3.5 times as many total viewers as breaking bad, and 4 times the demo rating.Walking Dead towers over every cable show. It's rating success is off the chart for cable shows. The replay of Walking Dead gets more viewers than Breaking Bad or Mad Men and equals or beats them in the demo. AMC owns the show and must be raking in the profits. AMC needs to use Walking Dead to launch other new shows. Breaking Bad is over next summer and its unclear how much longer Mad Men will continue. I am enjoying the success of Walking Dead and I look forward to seeing it for several more years.

Luke

Luke

Infected

• Members
  • 27 posts

Im guessing somewhere near 5 or 6.

Breaking Bad is lasting 5 seasons and zombies are a fad. Once they get washed out, the shows ratings will drop.

You couldn't be more wrong

Luke

Luke

Infected

• Members
  • 27 posts

This show gets 3.5 times as many total viewers as breaking bad, and 4 times the demo rating.Walking Dead towers over every cable show. It's rating success is off the chart for cable shows. The replay of Walking Dead gets more viewers than Breaking Bad or Mad Men and equals or beats them in the demo. AMC owns the show and must be raking in the profits. AMC needs to use Walking Dead to launch other new shows. Breaking Bad is over next summer and its unclear how much longer Mad Men will continue. I am enjoying the success of Walking Dead and I look forward to seeing it for several more years.

Exactly... People need to do some research this show is doing things that know other cable show was ever able to do. It's rivaling network television. The ratings are Insane and have only increased every season.

Sapper

Sapper

Lurker

• Members
  • 320 posts
I hate to say it but being that I am smack dab in the middle of the demographic they are targeting and so are all my friends, and many of the posters on this site who tend to be a bit more critical of this season than impressed, I'd say they really need to recapture the heart and soul of the show from s1 and s2 if they want a s5, s6, or s7. S4 is a given, by nature of how they hold out hope even when things are going downhill. The ratings are only still high because people are still hoping that the rest if s3 isn't the mess that most of the first five episodes have been. My 2 cents

DaltonioSpidey94

DaltonioSpidey94

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • LocationOhio
I'm not sure, but hopefully a few more years.

Posted Image

MonkeyCat

MonkeyCat

Infected

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Locationco
my guess is at least seven seasons, wouldn't be surprised if it went 9, or more. especially since everyone dies. everyone (except carl).
monkey cat lives

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationOttawa
This show can continue long past Rick's involvement if they keep strong writing and strong acting in the mix. It isn't likely though, as the challenge to keep it from recycling ideas while not jumping the shark will be very tough.

Tyler

Tyler

Lurker

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Locationsomewhere safe
7 or 8

CrystalBabyGrimm

CrystalBabyGrimm

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMichigan
I say it runs at least 7 seasons.
Posted Image
"One more thing......he was an organ donor".

shrike

shrike

Roamer

• Members
  • 796 posts
This show could last 20 seasons or more....it would be so interesting to see Carl and Lil Ass Kicker to grow into adulthood

journeynsolace

journeynsolace

Roamer

• Members
  • 657 posts
I'd say seven seasons, but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to nine. I'd be very surprised if it goes past nine.

Supernatural is currently in its eighth season, and I think the genre, fanbase and growth of that show is somewhat comparable to The Walking Dead, but Supernatural doesn't have (and never did) the ratings that The Walking Dead has, so I could see nine seasons for The Walking Dead.

Edited by journeynsolace, 23 November 2012 - 02:30 AM.

Zombiemomto4

Zombiemomto4

Infected

• Members
  • 12 posts
I can't see it going past 6 if they keep killing people off like this

brandon51

brandon51

Infected

• Members
  • 65 posts
Well usually around 7 seasons is when things start to fall apart for tv shows actors dont want continue or producers so i hope all cast and everyone can make it. Honestly if there following the story of the comics it will be more than 10 seasons which i dont think is possible the show will have to end before comics since comic series is gonna be going on for a while i think i read it could go to 200 or more issues.

brandon51

brandon51

Infected

• Members
  • 65 posts

This show could last 20 seasons or more....it would be so interesting to see Carl and Lil Ass Kicker to grow into adulthood

What shows have lasted 20 seasons seriosuly lmao... I mean dramas there are shows like simpsions sure but nothing like walking dead or drama type shows. Its hard keeping everyone coming back that long.

ZombieHarvester

ZombieHarvester

Infected

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSafe Haven
I could see the Prison storyline going to the next
season already, next season mid finale will be the showdown between Woodbury and Rick's group, the other half of the season will involved Rick and his group on the road finding new haven and *drumrolla* they encounter Jesus, that'd be the end of Season 4, In Season 5, Rick will find himself in a war between The Hilltop and La Savior, The war will ended after season 5, Rick'll probably die in the season, Season 6 will set 12 years after the apocalypse, Carl and Ass-Kicker are now grown ups, Carl married Beth, Together they live happily on the Hilltop provided that Rick's group won the battle against The Savior, Season 7, Couldn't see it happen.

Edited by ZombieHarvester, 23 November 2012 - 07:05 AM.

Major Tom

Major Tom

Biter

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationCommonwealth of Lower Alabama
The show is a cinch for 5 seasons. Most 1 hour shows start running out of gas after 5 years.

Supernatural is a perfect example. It was great and the ratings held for the entire 5 years. It still has a loyal fan base but the last 2 years have been kind of a drag. And there is House, great show but please somebody put it to sleep.

If I had to guess I would say 7 seasons.

Edited by Major Tom, 23 November 2012 - 08:50 AM.

For a reasonable fee, I will quell minor outbreaks, enforce quarantines, and dispatch infected relatives.

elsienw

elsienw

Infected

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
I think the series can go to 7 seasons. I agree that after 5 seasons, the quality of dramas seem to go down. Unlike broadcast shows, which try to get to 100 episodes for syndication purposes, it's hard to gauge how many episodes you can get out of a cable series and what syndication looks like for a cable series.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • 2,755 posts
  • LocationHanging out with Tyreese

What shows have lasted 20 seasons seriosuly lmao... I mean dramas there are shows like simpsions sure but nothing like walking dead or drama type shows. Its hard keeping everyone coming back that long.

Seriously, Gunsmoke, the longest running series on TV, lasted 20 years. It was a western and aired from 1955-1975. More recently, Law & Order tied its record of 20 seasons, but not its record for number of episodes, and aired from 1990-2010. It has happened.

That said, it is doubtful that TWD will make it 20 years. The public's attention span is shorter than it used to be and there are a lot more options to compete with, so I think TWD could make it 10 years. Like Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy and Weeds some of the viewership will continue watching long after it has jumped the shark just to see how it ends.

Edited by d2daybreak, 23 November 2012 - 02:53 PM.

Posted Image "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Watkins

Watkins

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationAlabama
Hopefully it doesn't end until it has to. Like literally they run out of comics
Posted ImageThe Rise of The Governor

Nightmare

Nightmare

Roamer

• Members
  • 214 posts
If I got my mother and father into this, then there is hope for 7+ seasons.

I kind of never want to see it end I love TWD.
Image sigs should be allowed.

journeynsolace

journeynsolace

Roamer

• Members
  • 657 posts

Seriously, Gunsmoke, the longest running series on TV, lasted 20 years. It was a western and aired from 1955-1975. More recently, Law & Order tied its record of 20 seasons, but not its record for number of episodes, and aired from 1990-2010. It has happened.

That said, it is doubtful that TWD will make it 20 years. The public's attention span is shorter than it used to be and there are a lot more options to compete with, so I think TWD could make it 10 years. Like Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy and Weeds some of the viewership will continue watching long after it has jumped the shark just to see how it ends.

Maybe they'll go the "Law and Order" route and have spin-offs following other groups and their experiences in the ZA: The Walking Dead: Woodbury, The Walking Dead: Alexandria Safe Zone, The Walking Dead: Nebraska's Nice, The Walking Dead: The Paris Holdout, ...

Okay, maybe I just need to go to sleep now...

Edited by journeynsolace, 24 November 2012 - 06:11 PM.

Wolfie174

Wolfie174

Infected

• Members
  • 10 posts
I would say 6 seasons at most.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!