Podcasts!

- - - - - podcast

TheLibrarian

TheLibrarian

Lurker

• Members
Podcasts.

Anyone here listen to any podcasts? I do, a lot. A LOT, a lot.

"Where do I find the time?" I have quite a bad case of insomnia you see.

Onward to the podcasts that I listen to.

Booked! Book review podcast
The Talking Dead Podcast
Walking Dead Cast
TED Talks
Coverville
Skeptics Guide to the Universe
HHWOD Walking Dead Podcast
Sound on Sight
Star Talk Radio
How Stuff Works
Sock Money Sound
Slate's Audio Book club
Nattercast Breaking Bad Podcast
Anime News Network
Behind the Cutting Edge
Doctor Who Cast
Radiolab
The Vita Box
Hollywood Ramblings
The Hype Machine Radioshow
The New York Times Book Review Podcast
Sound Opinions
The Baltic Effect
NPR Podcasts
This American Life

From Nerdist:
Nerdist Writers Panel
Misson Log (Star Trek) Podcast
Nerdist

From Baldmove
Watching Dead Podcast
Personal Arrogants Podcast
Breaking Good Podcast
Blue Yonder Podcast (canceled)
Nerdcore Jones Podcast (canceled)
PowerPlay Podcast (canceled)

That's off the top of my head, there's more and also there are some controversial ones I listen to that I don't think I'll post here. :lol:

I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

GDPofZA

GDPofZA

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCentral California
I like the Joe Rogan Podcast depending on who the guest is. I listen to maybe one out of 10 of them. But really, no time for podcasts as a hobby.

Jambis

Jambis

Infected

• Members
  • LocationWoodstock, IL
I listen to Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast every week. I also listen to the Breaking Bad Insider Podcast and occasionally The Walking Dead 'cast.

TheLibrarian

TheLibrarian

Lurker

• Members
Breaking Bad Insider Podcast is awesome.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers
I only religiously listen to The Walking Dead 'Cast, but I occasionally listen to the Nerdist Writer's Panel, a couple of the other TWD podcasts, and the Breaking Bad Insider Podcast. I need to look for a Game of Thrones podcast. Let me know if anyone has one they really enjoy.

Narc

Narc

Infected

• Members
  • LocationBoston

Breaking Bad Insider Podcast is awesome.

I am hooked on this one, as well as "The Ones Who Knock", which is done by one of the /film editors. If you're into BB I'd recommend checking it out (I think they only started doing it this season).

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members

I am hooked on this one, as well as "The Ones Who Knock", which is done by one of the /film editors. If you're into BB I'd recommend checking it out (I think they only started doing it this season).

I'll give that one a try, when I am doing my re-watch before the summer. There are surprisingly few BB podcasts to choose from.

TheLibrarian

TheLibrarian

Lurker

• Members
The Ones Who Knock is awesome. The hosts always get flack for not hating Skylar. But I agree with them on that.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members

The Ones Who Knock is awesome. The hosts always get flack for not hating Skylar. But I agree with them on that.

I'm sure I would approve of the non-hate. That is part of the reason I had to drop one of the other BB podcasts; it came off as being a bit misogynistic to me.

Narc

Narc

Infected

• Members
  • LocationBoston
I don't share the same Skyler-hate as some viewers, but I still don't like her (though Anna Gunn is great in the role). But one thing I really like about The Ones Who Knock, is hearing a different viewpoint about her than what most of the internetz says.

TheLibrarian

TheLibrarian

Lurker

• Members

I'm sure I would approve of the non-hate. That is part of the reason I had to drop one of the other BB podcasts; it came off as being a bit misogynistic to me.

If You're referring to the Breaking Good podcast, they've learned the error of their ways. :lol:

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members

If You're referring to the Breaking Good podcast, they've learned the error of their ways. :lol:

I'm not going to call out any in particular. :P Actually, I've felt that way about some of TWD podcasts, as well. However, there is something for everybody out there. :)

TheLibrarian

TheLibrarian

Lurker

• Members
I don't disagree with you on the TWD podcast things..

I'm looking for more science/music podcasts.

DaltonioSpidey94

DaltonioSpidey94

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationOhio
The only ones I listen to regularly are:

Fat Man on Batman
GeekScholars Movie News
The Walking Dead 'Cast

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
I forgot to mention that I also listen to "We're Alive: A Zombie Story of Survival". I'm way behind, though. I only listen on long road trips. Luckily, I have one coming up next week.

PleaseKillCarl

PleaseKillCarl

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.
So I have never gotten into podcasts but def want to and will check out some of those listed above :) So what's everyone's fav walking dead podcast? The walking dead 'cast?

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
I'm sure people's favorites are as different as the people here. :D

I got into podcasts back when Lost was on the air. I looked for one on TWD almost as soon as I watched the first episode. :)

Nike+

Nike+

Infected

• Members
  • LocationWaterloo,IL

I forgot to mention that I also listen to "We're Alive: A Zombie Story of Survival". I'm way behind, though. I only listen on long road trips. Luckily, I have one coming up next week.

I listen to this too. The season finale is coming up December 8. The zombies are a lot different.
I also listen to The Thomas Jefferson Hour.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members

I listen to this too. The season finale is coming up December 8. The zombies are a lot different.
I also listen to The Thomas Jefferson Hour.

I'm over a season behind. I'll try to get caught up over the TWD hiatus, when things quite down a bit.

The zombies are very different.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

So what podcasts are you guys listening to?

I've been listening to a really intriguing one called "Serial" which is a nonfiction story trying to solve a murder from 15 years ago. Really interesting if you're into that kind of thing

I also love "If I Were You", which is by two comedians that I'm a fan of. Probably not worth a listen if you're not a fan of Jake and Amir but hey, you never know

Obligatory plug for UTCC

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

justvic77

justvic77

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationNashville, TN
I totally missed the boat on the whole Podcast thing. I have perused the Nerdist Podcast entries that are up on Youtube
The first step is the one you believe in, the second one might be profound.

Guest_CraigTNelsonMandela_*

Guest_CraigTNelsonMandela_*
  • Guests

talk is jericho

solomonster sounds off (my favorite)

jim cornette experience 

i'll listen to the steve austin on sometimes, but it's not an essential listen

yeah, all wrestling based

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Stuff they don't want you to know
Star Talk with Neil Degrasse Tyson
Savage Lovecast
Under the Comic Covers
TED Talks
Mysterious Universe

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast - http://www.billburr.com/podcast 

Funniest shit ever. He just goes on random tangents about anything and everything..an example.

Joe Rogan Podcast - http://podcasts.joerogan.net/

Similar to Bill Burr's, but more structured, interviews celebrities and other famous people. 

StarTalk Radio with NDT - http://www.startalkradio.net/

Space and stuff. 

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Definitely gonna check out Bill Burr and Joe Rogan's Podcasts haha

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!