• Members
  • LocationCentral California
oops

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon
Here's the problem with turning WWZ into a 2 hour movie. The book is voluminous, spread over many continents, takes many stories from many different characters. No way can this be completed in a 2 hour movie. Why didn't the makers of the movie make a triology? Then they wouldn't have to use lazy film making to present the zombie apocalypse. I believe, IMO, that why the director went for the human tsunami type wave was to get around how slowly at first the virus spread. This way, using the tsunami metaphor, the ZA is presented as a literal human wave, which would be unstoppable in the first months of the world war. Yes, it's lazy film making.
It really looked bad, a mass of people cannot create that kind of an action.
The beauty of the Walking Dead show is precisely the fact that it's a slow process, showing character development, presenting the world from day one to 6 months later when they are in the prison, or at woodbury. They didn't need fast moving zombies to allude to the fast moving virus. TWD presents a dying world over time. Like this fine bottle of red wine my wife is drinking, it's matured over time, compared to my cheap beer i'm drinking which is full of fast moving bubbles and gimmicks.
Now, i think i've lost my train of thought, where was I?

GDPofZA

GDPofZA

Lurker

• Members

I guess in January the Director was quoted saying this is supposed to be a trilogy. Have also read that in the post production nightmare this film has apparently been, Pitt, who owns the production company, and the director are not on speaking terms. So take all that for what it's worth.

I have mixed feelings because while this does look cool, I know for a fact that World War Z was a great book. Hard to see how this is like that at this point. I'll definitely be seeing this movie in theaters though and I'm sure, or at least I hope, it will be a pretty cool flick still. But mixed feelings of resentment at the moment no doubt.

Jamber

Jamber

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada
i loved it, 1st ever zombie movie done on such a massive scale - fast moving zombie, had to expect that ... slow zombies could never nearly destroy the world ... but looks like the writers/directors got around that lil tidbit by making fast zombies :D ... put fast zombies in a city, imagine, it would fall pretty quick

Damon Z

Damon Z

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationSouth of Atlanta.
That trailer saddens me deeply. Just awful, no other words for it

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

"It's not the same as killing the dead ones, daddy"

Melquiades Estrada

Melquiades Estrada

Roamer

• Members
The trailer is more chaotic than playing mw3 on dome :D they should release a new trailer where you can see wtf is going on, hopw they dont focus must of the movie in the states and whe can see how shit goes down in africa etc

Melquiades Estrada

Melquiades Estrada

Roamer

• Members
I hope the cgi is just normal people :) didnt catch any zombie on the trailer, who knows maybe the cgi whe see are just humans lol a ZA like that theres not much whe can do against like wtf zombie tsunami !

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

Daisy

Daisy

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationMount Doom
It's f!cking terrible.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I got me some horses to ride on, to ride on.

57channels

57channels

S-mart Employee

• Members
Just sayin' the fast zombies scare the crap outta me.

christhehunter

christhehunter

Infected

• Members
The zombie dogpile reminds of the "they tuk er jebs" dogpile from South Park

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t3hYKPt0uJQ
What are your thoughts on this new trailer, looks like a let down for me...

Instant thought
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT49R7Ffxzg

Guess I'll have to forget the movie title and enjoy it for what it is, a typical hollywood blockbuster movie. I will admit, the huge war going on in what looks like Israel seems pretty heinous. But SO.MUCH.CGI.

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....
Nothing points to this being even the tiniest bit good.

Like, seriously.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

The zombie dogpile reminds of the "they tuk er jebs" dogpile from South Park

Instant thought
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT49R7Ffxzg

Guess I'll have to forget the movie title and enjoy it for what it is, a typical hollywood blockbuster movie. I will admit, the huge war going on in what looks like Israel seems pretty heinous. But SO.MUCH.CGI.

Hahahhahahah! Oh man... if I go see this movie, I'll probably burst out laughing because I will think of Rick's "Awww... nooo" and "deytook'rjerbs!"

BeardedOne

BeardedOne

Roamer

• Members
Read an interview somewhere that asked the "Shaun of the dead" guys why their zombies were the slow "romeroesque" zombies as opposed to the fast "dawn of the dead 2004" zombies. The reply was something similar to:

"We don't believe that death should be like an energy drink...."

I agree completely.

"Fast" zombies are NOT zombies IMO, and they lack the element of the macabre that makes the genre so appealing to many. "Fast" zombies just don't register the same way to me, and I see them as something other than "zombies".

In the promo, those things seem to behave more like ants than zombies, which is fine, unless you are looking for a film ABOUT zombies and not a film about "undead human super athletes that behave like army ants".

I won't be seeing this film in theaters.

To each their own.

christhehunter

christhehunter

Infected

• Members
this:

and this:

way to go brad.

TheLibrarian

TheLibrarian

Lurker

• Members
I loved the book, though the movie seems to have nothing in common with it except the title.

Still, I will give it a chance before shooting it down.

I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon
The trailer looks like crap. Looks like War of the Worlds or 2012, or that stupid movie about the world freezing over. This movie is not World War Z, in name only.

As I said before, the director was lazy, he used fast moving tsunami waves of zombies as he couldn't be bothered to show how a world could be over run by slow moving zombies via a virus which decimated the majority of the population within a few days.

Dawn of the Dead 2005 remake handled this so much better, without the cliched "rescue family whilst driving through city" bollocks.
How is it all these films are the same? War of the worlds had a family escaping in a car, that stupid film 2012 - escape with family from city in car, that god awful volcano movie - escape with family in car. Must be every script that passes over a hollywood desk "soooo does this movie contain a family escaping through a quickly deteriorating city in their car?" "yes sir it does", "Great! Your'e hired!"

GDPofZA

GDPofZA

Lurker

• Members

I loved the book, though the movie seems to have nothing in common with it except the title.

Still, I will give it a chance before shooting it down.

So will I.

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members
I'm just interested to hear what Max Brooks has to say about this whole thing. It wasn't long ago that he was calling fast zombies gay and that the movie wasn't going to be made unless it was done like the book. I guess money won him over in the end.

OMEN

OMEN

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationBack in Gods Country - TEXAS
Just a trailer and they showed a zombie up close and it looked like a normal person, just severely pissed off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4
I use the term "fast zombies" offhand in conversation, but I'll never be able to really imagine zombies as Kenyan sprinters. To me fast zombies is a a misnomer, I see them and I think of 28 Days Later, or like someone with an insanely warped case of rabies. Will I go see it? Yeah, probably. Beats seeing MIB 27 or whatever next June.
Jon is fine, dammit.

ll wrath ll

ll wrath ll

Lurker

• Members

this:

and this:

way to go brad.

I was the first one to call the giant man pile from sp. And the first rule of giant gay zombie manpile from south park is you do not talk about giant gay zombie manpile from south park.
Suspension of Disbelief is a method of storytelling lazy and/or bad writers use. In reality there is no such thing, it's just fully recognized ignorance. Good authors don't need to use this. When you use an overwhelming amount of SOD in zombie fiction, all you are doing is making your readers into zombies.

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah

The trailer looks like crap. Looks like War of the Worlds or 2012, or that stupid movie about the world freezing over. This movie is not World War Z, in name only.

As I said before, the director was lazy, he used fast moving tsunami waves of zombies as he couldn't be bothered to show how a world could be over run by slow moving zombies via a virus which decimated the majority of the population within a few days.

Dawn of the Dead 2005 remake handled this so much better, without the cliched "rescue family whilst driving through city" bollocks.
How is it all these films are the same? War of the worlds had a family escaping in a car, that stupid film 2012 - escape with family from city in car, that god awful volcano movie - escape with family in car. Must be every script that passes over a hollywood desk "soooo does this movie contain a family escaping through a quickly deteriorating city in their car?" "yes sir it does", "Great! You're hired!"

If that's truly the case then I can definitely write shite like that easily, all I gotta do is turn off my imagination and write typical apocalypse standards that we've been seeing being cranked outta Hollywood in the last 10-15 years. If a formula works they're going to run it to the ground until audiences say nope and the next expected "box-office block-buster" fizzles out after a day or two, then all scripts pending get burned (or archived at least) and they'll do the hit or miss until the next record-breaking opening weekend happens. It's all about making money. Some directors/producers/studios still care about art... as long as they get their money back from making it and then some.

No, I just can't see a zombie tsunami either. I can see vast herds migrating outside of LA or NYC but a rolling, boiling mass? Somebody's warped idea of a horrifying image. The trailer didn't do it for me either, 1-2 second glimpses of this or that scene and you're supposed to piece it all together. I like to think I'm pretty quick on figuring out a plot/story line from a 10-15 second long scene but zipping all over the entire film in a hodge-podge of 1-2 seconds of imagery... uhh... no, sorry.

Maybe I'm just thinking too slow.
Sigh, should move to Colorado... at least I'll be able to keep up with everyone else.

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

Melquiades Estrada

Melquiades Estrada

Roamer

• Members

I'm just interested to hear what Max Brooks has to say about this whole thing. It wasn't long ago that he was calling fast zombies gay and that the movie wasn't going to be made unless it was done like the book. I guess money won him over in the end.

I think i saw a comment in another forum saying hes not part of whatever it happends in the movie, they just bought the rights probably for the name and nothing more.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!