Carol? (Speculation Only)

carol woodbury andrea spoilers

J4m4ic4n

J4m4ic4n

S-mart Employee

• Members

Actually, Carol was fighting walkers. She didn't disappear. She and T-Dog got right into the thick of that, shooting walkers as they tried to get to that door to get inside the prison. T-Dog realized the gate was open and went to close it - Carol kept shooting walkers to clear a path to the door. When T-Dog is bitten and they show Carol's reaction, you can see that there are still walkers around her as well. If she hadn't kept clearing a path to the door, then she and T-Dog would both have been killed by the gate because they would have been surrounded and didn't have enough ammo.

There really wasn't anything more that any of them could do because they were caught by surprise. They had cleared that section of the prison and secured all of the gates so they felt safe. They thought Andrew was dead and were not prepared for him to open those gates and leave bloody deer meat to draw walkers inside - or for him to set the alarms off to draw more walkers. Being caught by surprise like that, they had to act quickly and didn't have time to plan any kind of strategy. There were things that they all could have done differently, but we can't really say that would change anything for the better. Different actions could have resulted in more people dying.

For Carol specifically, I think that was actually a huge improvement. When they were caught by surprise like that on the farm, Carol fell apart and was no help to any of them. This time, she fought back and took out quite a few walkers.

no, rewatch the episode. Carol was not clearing out anything while t dog was closing the gate. She ran through a door and disappeared. After T got bit, she ran back out and screamed. that's why there were no gunshots when T got bit. Carol had already escaped into the room when she was supposed to be watching T-dogs back.

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
At least I know why she was wearing the scarf I even posted asking what was on her head, I get it so the scarf could be found and they would assume Carol is dead WTF?? When Daryl found Sophias doll they diddnt all think she was dead, now a lone scarf = dead, come on writers it "dumbs down" the characters. The only reason I can think they wouldnt look is because now the group "knows" that even a solo walker can devour an entire human without leaving a trace (like the walker that may have consumed Lori). I for one am disappointed the writers chose to portray this. :wallmad:

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

no, rewatch the episode. Carol was not clearing out anything while t dog was closing the gate. She ran through a door and disappeared. After T got bit, she ran back out and screamed. that's why there were no gunshots when T got bit. Carol had already escaped into the room when she was supposed to be watching T-dogs back.

She didn't really disappear. It was the way they edited the scene. They cut to Rick, Glen and Daryl trying to open up the gates to get to them. It made it seem longer than it really was. If you count, it was only about 10 seconds or so between the time Carol went to the door and T-Dog got bit.

J4m4ic4n

J4m4ic4n

S-mart Employee

• Members

She didn't really disappear. It was the way they edited the scene. They cut to Rick, Glen and Daryl trying to open up the gates to get to them. It made it seem longer than it really was. If you count, it was only about 10 seconds or so between the time Carol went to the door and T-Dog got bit.

regardless of the amount of time she went in the door, she shouldn't have went in in the first place

BIGtiny

BIGtiny

Infected

• Members
Carol is alive but not sure she is safe.I think she came across a group of inmates we haven't met yet in some other part of the prison.

wyrd

wyrd

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationSevilla
Mistery solved... almost! At least we now know that she's alive, probably got exhausted at a certain point and found herself trapped where Daryl found her in episode 6.

I'm glad she didn't die! :)
Make love not war!

CreepMeOut

CreepMeOut

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationToronto

regardless of the amount of time she went in the door, she shouldn't have went in in the first place

She went to go see if it was safe for them to go inside since the area was surrounding with too many walkers for them to handle.

J4m4ic4n

J4m4ic4n

S-mart Employee

• Members

She went to go see if it was safe for them to go inside since the area was surrounding with too many walkers for them to handle.

...leaving t-dogs back wide open for attack and causing him to get bit. gotta finish up those sentences, brother

Nareen

Nareen

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada

...leaving t-dogs back wide open for attack and causing him to get bit. gotta finish up those sentences, brother

I wonder how CreepMeOut feels about having you put words in his/her mouth?

I don't agree with you about Carol's role in T-Dog's death but why so bitter? Was he your favourite character?

At worst, it was a mistake, one made by someone who is not a trained super soldier. T-Dog showed no signs of blaming Carol and he sacrificed his last few hours of life to save hers.

I'll stop here because we'll never agree.

J4m4ic4n

J4m4ic4n

S-mart Employee

• Members

I wonder how CreepMeOut feels about having you put words in his/her mouth?

I don't agree with you about Carol's role in T-Dog's death but why so bitter? Was he your favourite character?

At worst, it was a mistake, one made by someone who is not a trained super soldier. T-Dog showed no signs of blaming Carol and he sacrificed his last few hours of life to save hers.

I'll stop here because we'll never agree.

well, if speaking the truth is bitter, than i guess we're all a bunch of bitter people over here. Up until 2 days ago, you didn't even agree that carol ran through the door. I hope you have rewatched the episode and seen your error. I don't disagree that it was a mistake either. But mistake or not, she was supposed to be watching his back and she didn't. cut and dry. glenn, maggie, and a lot of other characters are not "trained super soldiers as well" but when they go on their walker killing sprees, everyone watches everyones back. That is how a group works. commenting on carol's mistake is within the rules of conversation is it not?

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

Because T-Dogg was a scholar and a gentleman. Remember, he risked his life to go back and free Merle.

The man was class, and they are poorer for losing him.

Damn Carol for her carelessness. The shame of the writers is that she didn't pay for her screw up.

J4m4ic4n

J4m4ic4n

S-mart Employee

• Members

Because T-Dogg was a scholar and a gentleman. Remember, he risked his life to go back and free Merle.

The man was class, and they are poorer for losing him.

Damn Carol for her carelessness. The shame of the writers is that she didn't pay for her screw up.

agreed. T-dog may not have been an important or anybody's favorite character. but he is definitely a character worthy of our respect. as well as our disdain against the person who was supposed to watch his back and abandoned him. He risked his life to help a guy who spewed nothing but hate and racism towards him and beat the hell out of him too. Let's also not forget glenn's story about when the outbreak started and T took his vehicle and patroled every part of town, risking his life to search for survivors. A guy like this would never do something as cowardly or as stupid as running into a room while he is supposed to be watching a group members back. best believe that.

Rainbowpony

Rainbowpony

Lurker

• Members
I love Carol and freely admit I'm biased. The way I remember this episode is Carol and T-dogg seemed to have had that area somewhat cleared, and then the killer, that slutty whorey stupid walker thing seemed to come up from behind a bench or something laying on the ground.

For me to blame Carol for T-dogg, I would have to blame Rick for T-dogg, since he's the one who let Andrew go without killing him. I call BS on Andrew not only surviving, but being able to pull off this incredible feat of daring without anyone having a clue, and I call BS on this walker being there when he clearly wasn't anywhere right before he came up on T-dogg.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but did anyone notice the angles when all the walkers first appeared. They give a shot that makes it look like Lori, Carl, Herschal and Beth are all standing in a line by a building that blocks the view of what's behind them, but then they go on to clearly show they are in a line, all facing Rick, Glenn, and Daryl, who are facing them directly, yet no one sees the walkers until they're just feet away and Carl turns around. It's like this with that nasty T-dogg biting walker. They show them kill some walkers, they show a pile by the bench thing, then suddenly this walker just rises up from behind the bench thing. BS, I tell you, BS....

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned
There is even more BS - Andrew lured the first two walkers in with a second piece of hanging meat. Even though they were already eating.

BAD WRITING. Dammitt!

Rainbowpony

Rainbowpony

Lurker

• Members

There is even more BS - Andrew lured the first two walkers in with a second piece of hanging meat. Even though they were already eating.

BAD WRITING. Dammitt!

Well, I kind of covered that with my 'incredible feat of daring'...

Remember, remember back in the days gone by, like when Shane and Otis had to go to that school and get that medical thingy to save little Carl's life, and all those zombies were there? If those boys had just one quarter of Andrew's cunning and skill, Otis would never have had to die. They could have just found a dead deer conveniently laying around and cut it up and used it to lure all those walkers away.

Oh, when I think back to all those times our plucky little group have found themselves in dire straits due to walkers, and apparently they were just overcomplicating the situation. Hopefully once everyone recuperates from their latest zombie thrashing, they'll take a page from Andrew's book of "How to manipulate and control flesh eating dead people, and make them your best friend." RIP Andrew, you zombie whisperer.

J4m4ic4n

J4m4ic4n

S-mart Employee

• Members

I love Carol and freely admit I'm biased. The way I remember this episode is Carol and T-dogg seemed to have had that area somewhat cleared, and then the killer, that slutty whorey stupid walker thing seemed to come up from behind a bench or something laying on the ground.

For me to blame Carol for T-dogg, I would have to blame Rick for T-dogg, since he's the one who let Andrew go without killing him. I call BS on Andrew not only surviving, but being able to pull off this incredible feat of daring without anyone having a clue, and I call BS on this walker being there when he clearly wasn't anywhere right before he came up on T-dogg.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but did anyone notice the angles when all the walkers first appeared. They give a shot that makes it look like Lori, Carl, Herschal and Beth are all standing in a line by a building that blocks the view of what's behind them, but then they go on to clearly show they are in a line, all facing Rick, Glenn, and Daryl, who are facing them directly, yet no one sees the walkers until they're just feet away and Carl turns around. It's like this with that nasty T-dogg biting walker. They show them kill some walkers, they show a pile by the bench thing, then suddenly this walker just rises up from behind the bench thing. BS, I tell you, BS....

yep you are correct. multiple blames can be assigned to many people. but doesn't make carol any less culpable. One can only hope nobody else in the show trusts carol to watch their back and this fiasco happens again. Anybody that is teamed up with carol during runs will have my utmost concern.

Definitely agreed on Andrew surviving being BS. I can actually probably believe if the johnny depp looking leader guy was the one to escape because he has a serious psychopath streak and seemed like the type to be able to pull it off. Andrew just seemed like a scrawny, stupid henchmen. The probability off him surviving the endeavor and coming up with this elaborate plan just baffles me

as for the camera angles, any BS we call on it can just be explained by spotty camera angling. I don't think anything we say can change those facts.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

Oh, when I think back to all those times our plucky little group have found themselves in dire straits due to walkers, and apparently they were just overcomplicating the situation. Hopefully once everyone recuperates from their latest zombie thrashing, they'll take a page from Andrew's book of "How to manipulate and control flesh eating dead people, and make them your best friend." RIP Andrew, you zombie whisperer.

Marry me.

Rainbowpony

Rainbowpony

Lurker

• Members

Marry me.

I would, but I've already had sex twice this year, and I wouldn't want to be considered overly-promiscuous. :-(

J4m4ic4n

J4m4ic4n

S-mart Employee

• Members

I would, but I've already had sex twice this year, and I wouldn't want to be considered overly-promiscuous. :-(

damn. where's the thumbs up sign when you need it lol

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

I found it.

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

i just gave you 3 or 4

CreepMeOut

CreepMeOut

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationToronto

agreed. T-dog may not have been an important or anybody's favorite character. but he is definitely a character worthy of our respect. as well as our disdain against the person who was supposed to watch his back and abandoned him. He risked his life to help a guy who spewed nothing but hate and racism towards him and beat the hell out of him too. Let's also not forget glenn's story about when the outbreak started and T took his vehicle and patroled every part of town, risking his life to search for survivors. A guy like this would never do something as cowardly or as stupid as running into a room while he is supposed to be watching a group members back. best believe that.

Carol isn't as efficient with killing walkers even with a handgun. I noticed she has to get real close in order to take one down. Her and T-Dog pretty much got stuck out there and she isn't much of a fighter compared to most of the others so she did the best she could. She opened a door to see if it was safe to go inside and T-Dog went to close a gate to stop the walkers from coming through. I don't see anything wrong with what either of them did. The point is they wanted T-dog to die then and that's what they came up with.

J4m4ic4n

J4m4ic4n

S-mart Employee

• Members

Carol isn't as efficient with killing walkers even with a handgun. I noticed she has to get real close in order to take one down. Her and T-Dog pretty much got stuck out there and she isn't much of a fighter compared to most of the others so she did the best she could. She opened a door to see if it was safe to go inside and T-Dog went to close a gate to stop the walkers from coming through. I don't see anything wrong with what either of them did. The point is they wanted T-dog to die then and that's what they came up with.

Carol doesn't have to be robocop with a gun to watch t-dogs back and warn him that there's a walker coming up behind him. she also did not "open a door and check" anything. she went THROUGH the door and into the room. and than came back out after it was too late. People always use the fact that the writers wanted to write t-dog off as a justification for carol leaving him out to dry. I say that's a pretty weak excuse but hey, that's just me.

Kikora

Kikora

Lurker

• Members

I watched this scene six times, and I can tell you that is not what happened.

To start, Carol did run into the crowd to cover T-Dog. She had a clear shot to run towards Beth and Hershel, and a clear line to run with Carl and the others. She deliberately ran after T-dog as he went to close the gate, and she went to secure their exit. She grabs the door to check for walkers inside, and T-Dog reaches the gate.

I really hate to blame poor editting, but that is really what I see. Because T-Dogg pulls the gate clased as Carol pushes the door open to look inside, and that walker is nowhere to be seen. A second later the gate is open again, and the walker managed to stumble into T-Dog and bite him. It was clear, and then it wasn't. The gate was closed, and then it wasn't. :S

But no, I don't think Carol could have done more. She was low on ammo, and the door had to be checked, that was their only way out. By the time they got to the gate, six or seven walkers were already behind them, going back just was not an option, so if there were walkers in that hall, they were dead. She didn't escape into it, she just looked in.

Wakara

Wakara

Infected

• Members
I'm glad she was okay. I really didn't like her in the comic, but I love her on the show.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!