Carol? (Speculation Only)

carol woodbury andrea spoilers

WalkerBaitress

WalkerBaitress

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationTampa-area, FL

Maybe they find her and she's bitten but doesn't say anything? I seriously doubt it since that pretty much happens in every zombie set media but I figure it's possible.

Hrm, they already did that in S1 with Jim getting bit. I thought his walker bite was hilariously large--looked like a bite from an alligator. Aren't walkers simply dead humans (with normal human jawlines) who happen to be extra-ravenous? :srug:
"Stick them with the pointy end." Arya Stark, Game of Thrones

WalkerBaitress

WalkerBaitress

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationTampa-area, FL

It was chaos, everyone made mistakes. Glenn couldn't work their tie, Rick forgot the keys/fumbled them, T-Dog really should have called for back-up, and Carol prioritized escape with watching her back.

What? You mean they make mistakes like everyday human beings? (Friendly facetiousness) It amazes me that people can expect them all to behave like action heroes (or superheroes!) who always know the proper and immediate response to every crisis, but this is what makes for more believable, compelling drama IMO.

jonessl

jonessl

Infected

• Members
I think Carol is alive and she found Lori!!! Whoop Whoop! Remember we didn't see fire the shot :smiley-confused002:

WalkerBaitress

WalkerBaitress

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationTampa-area, FL

At first I thought she may have returned to put a bullet in T-Dog and her scarf was magically left behind as she ran away.

Also in the old previews Daryl is near a grave at sunset. Is this an empty grave in her honor, since he thinks she is dead? Or, is it T-dogs or even Lori's?...mmm.

I was wondering that it might be Lori's, with Daryl reinforcing his brother-like bond to Rick by standing over her grave and promising her that he'll help to protect Rick and his kids. This could come into play if and when he reunites with Merle and that loyalty is tested. Just a guess, anyway, not a spoiler (I know *nothing*, man!) :P

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys

Hrm, they already did that in S1 with Jim getting bit. I thought his walker bite was hilariously large--looked like a bite from an alligator. Aren't walkers simply dead humans (with normal human jawlines) who happen to be extra-ravenous? :srug:

:srug: :srug: :srug: :srug: :srug: :srug: :srug: :srug: :srug: :srug: :srug: :srug: :srug: :srug: :srug:

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

boutte

boutte

Infected

• Members

I already answered this. TWD is neither a documentary nor a reality show. It's fiction. And fiction goes hand in hand with literary devices/tv tropes which have existed since ever. Good writing doesn't introduce scenes with no purpose, otherwise they're simply fillers.

Now, I can understand the argument of some liking it anyway cause it conveys the fact that planning can go completely pear shaped (although I disagree, Carol performing the C-section and Lori dying would have had the same effect, but given purpose the whole Carol attempting a C-section on a walker, which actually took about 10 min of screen time overall), but the whole "in RL things go like this" is such a lazy excuse. Literary devices are there for a reason, and make the whole fiction experience much more enjoyable.

absurd

Daisy

Daisy

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationMount Doom

absurd

Blimey, you most certainly have a way with words. And make lots of valid points, too.

You do need to work on your manners though; they're awfully unbecoming.
I got me some horses to ride on, to ride on.

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members

I honestly think the reason it looked like Carol wasn't covering T-Dog was the editing.

Now, I'm not normally one to throw the editing card around to excuse character mistakes, but in the scene where Carol and T-Dog rush the fence, the walker was FEET away from T-Dog before it cut to Rick, Glenn and Daryl. It made it look like Carol had plenty of time to shoot the Walker behind T-Dog, when in reality she probably had a fraction of a second. Walkers may be slow, but they aren't snails.

I'm not a huge Carol fan, but some of her hate -- just like the Andrea hate, is baseless and occasionally downright stupid.

Not to mention when it bites him you see an angle of where Carol would be stood and she isn't even there, and then she is when she shouts "No!", we are to assume she is just as busy and stuffs as hectic for her too, shes got Walkers near her too. If you were to ask the producers if it is intended to seem like Carol "failed" in her duty they'd most likely say no it wasn't the intention.

I though Daryl was very fast to assume Carol dead - but then again, he spent over a week looking for a ghost of Sophia, so maybe apart of him now believes it is best to assume the worst.

On a side note, another reason they showed the C-sec scene was to further push the idea zombies are now being used as tools and people are living in a world where they are trying to utilise them and make them apart of life. Season 3 is doing a lot of that, with Michonne/Milton as well.

scarylala

scarylala

Roamer

• Members
  • Locationin the back of a van somewhere....
Ok new meme! Forget where's Carl now it's where's Carol! Lol
you only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Yeah, I always thought it looked a little on the large size too. And on the spot he got bit, I dunno, it just didn't seem realistic.

My own thoughts on Carol is that she's just hiding out in a closet or something, waiting for the heat to die down and/or rescue. Not for one second do I think she's going to find Lori and save her. Maybe find her dead and have a little breakdown, but that'd be about it.

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes

I still don't get how Daryl, the tracker/hunter and others claimed Carol dead when they don't see her body. Why not claimed her missing?

Same reason why they moved on without Andrea: she could be anywhere or she could be dead, and they have more important things to do now like fix the fence (again) and clear the prison (again). I imagine Rick will be out of commission during his grieving time and Daryl will have to step up and be the leader for a while. No time to look for Carol.

But I think she'll be fine. My guess is she's gonna lead the Governor to the prison. That would be anti-climactic if she's just hiding in a closet somewhere. She would've come out at the end of the episode when she heard Rick screaming.

Daryl didn't keep her head scarf, that was the same red rag he had in his pocket at the beginning of the episode. I'm okay with Daryl's reaction, honestly. I imagine he's already written everyone off as dead.

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationKnoxville TN
A few things about how this went down and ended puzzled me. 1st with the open gate. The camera pans around and theres no walkers, it cuts to Rick for a few seconds and then back up top and the walkers are already on top of them. Just seemed odd how that went down but I get we need drama and if they had caught the walkers right outside the gate the whole thing would've went down easy. 2nd Carol & Tdogg running for the gate. If you watch Carol she went to the door where the riotgear walkers came out of in E1 to make sure her and T had a escape if needed. Least thats how it looked to me. Ok so jump to T giving his life for her to escape..(fist to the sky for the dawg!) - but the door she ran out of..was it back into the main area? the door they came first came in? I don't think so cause when Rick and co encountered T and the door the show never showed them go out that door. Just cut to them back outside. So I don't think she ran out the door and back where it had all started. Oscar had said the fences were down on the other side of the prison so I assumed she ran out the other side and maybe ended up in that area? Her scarf..that made no sense, and then to see Daryl just throw it down as he did..seemed just blah.

If I had my way I'd rather they find her when/if lori is still alive and she saves her maybe. That would be good. But it will end up with her gone and somehow ending up @ woodbury..a good way for the gov to encounter the prison and whatnot. Or shes just hiding somewhere. I just can't see this show killing her off screen like that.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers
I moved the Carol interview spoiler (and posts referring to it) to the spoiler discussion on Carol in the spoiler sub-forum. Please don't post spoilers in this forum. Thanks.

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
I don't think the door Carol went through is the one that would allow Beth/Herschel to see them. Inside, T-Dog told Carol "theres a set of double doors that lead to a corner that leads to our cell block", later in the corner T-dog dies in, he says just before "no, we're almost there". So she is deeper in to the Prison, she is not anywhere near the outside (or the door she originally went thru with T-dog just after he was bitten). The reason she walks "in to the light" is obviously for dramatic effect and to add mystery.

dogwalker

dogwalker

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEssex/ London
I think Carl didn't shoot Lori and Carol finds her and stitches her up and everyone is happy ;p.

Seriously though, thinking it's a possibility.

WanderFull

WanderFull

Infected

• Members

Same reason why they moved on without Andrea: she could be anywhere or she could be dead, and they have more important things to do now like fix the fence (again) and clear the prison (again). I imagine Rick will be out of commission during his grieving time and Daryl will have to step up and be the leader for a while. No time to look for Carol.

But I think she'll be fine. My guess is she's gonna lead the Governor to the prison. That would be anti-climactic if she's just hiding in a closet somewhere. She would've come out at the end of the episode when she heard Rick screaming.

Daryl didn't keep her head scarf, that was the same red rag he had in his pocket at the beginning of the episode. I'm okay with Daryl's reaction, honestly. I imagine he's already written everyone off as dead.

I understand why the group didn't look for Andrea because it's dangerous at the time. But, the guys were by T-Dog and Carol's scarf while not at danger. They see a scarf and assumed she's dead. That's not a good reason. I hope they explained more like maybe Daryl couldn't find her trail and if she's not back with the gang maybe the guys thought that means she's dead. Why assumed so quick on a fallen scarf? I hope they explain it more.

WanderFull

WanderFull

Infected

• Members

I don't think the door Carol went through is the one that would allow Beth/Herschel to see them. Inside, T-Dog told Carol "theres a set of double doors that lead to a corner that leads to our cell block", later in the corner T-dog dies in, he says just before "no, we're almost there". So she is deeper in to the Prison, she is not anywhere near the outside (or the door she originally went thru with T-dog just after he was bitten). The reason she walks "in to the light" is obviously for dramatic effect and to add mystery.

I read somewhere that Glenn, Rick, and Daryl didn't go through that door..they went the other way. So, it's possible that it's a different location.

wyrd

wyrd

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationSevilla

I understand why the group didn't look for Andrea because it's dangerous at the time. But, the guys were by T-Dog and Carol's scarf while not at danger. They see a scarf and assumed she's dead. That's not a good reason. I hope they explained more like maybe Daryl couldn't find her trail and if she's not back with the gang maybe the guys thought that means she's dead. Why assumed so quick on a fallen scarf? I hope they explain it more.

Well, to be fair there is a big (fresh) blood stain very close to the scarf... this may have led the guys to think that she's dead.
Make love not war!

omg

omg

Infected

• Members
Writers are giving Daryl and Carol some Cinderella moment... except that it was the turban this time not the glass slippers. lol

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
Daryl searched over a week for Sophia and she was dead. I guess Daryl doesn't want to get his hopes up and would prefer to assume Carol is dead to soften the upset.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

This is what bothered me about the whole "Carol didn't make it" thing as well. Daryl said to Hershel in the courtyard that "they didn't make it," meaning he felt that T-Dog and Carol both died. While we may disagree that Daryl and Carol had "a thing" (and believe me, this has been discussed ad nauseum both here and elsewhere on the Internets), it is clear that they at least had a close friendship. Carol was one of the only people to whom Daryl would even talk one-on-one, much less show vulnerability. It seems hard to swallow that even a stoic character like Daryl wouldn't freak out a bit that one of his close friends in the group was dead--or maybe they just wanted to save the emotional scenes for Rick.

Rick used everyone's quota of tears for the month.

I think she's alive and well. I agree that they wouldn't sacrifice T-Dogg for her, just to have her dead.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
A big blood stain isn't enough in my opinion to think she is dead. Zombies aren't known to carry off their kills. The eat them where they fall.

My question is "What is keeping her?" She has no reason to leave the prison. Carol of all people knows she wouldn't last alone out in the ZA. She must be hiding or lost.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned
I think she is likely trapped by some walkers, but it really doesn't make much sense that no one has even heard her yelling for help.

I am losing confidence in this show making sense.

aleksfoxtrot

aleksfoxtrot

Infected

• Members

Daryl is walking towards Lori's grave only to reveal that HE was the one who impregnated Lori ;) it's good, the group could use a redneck baby.

Rednecks aren't born. We're made. Lol

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

I think she is likely trapped by some walkers, but it really doesn't make much sense that no one has even heard her yelling for help.

I am losing confidence in this show making sense.

Really? Yelling would only attract more walkers. It would be better to lay low for a while and hope that they move along. It's not like she's going to starve or die of thirst in a couple hours.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!