Carol? (Speculation Only)

carol woodbury andrea spoilers

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
Carol did a good job this episode, see her doing pop shots with pistols now!? To be honest the reason they had Carol doing such was to show she isn't useless now, they even showed her opening the door for them both and was in the thick of it, it only seemed like "Carol's fault" due to editing making the bite T-dog recieved seem like it had time to be reacted to.

I am really BAFFLED by people saying "Carol learned to do C-section so she should have done it". The things go pear shaped IRL isn't a lazy excuse. Carol was learning, they showed us she is stepping up and she wants to do what needs to be done. Sadly, it didn't go that way. If only scenes were aired that had "relevance" to what goes down on screen we'd have very streamline boring shows.

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony

To be honest, more than wondering where she is - she'll be predictably fine, I'm puzzled as to what was the point of having Carol learning to do a C-section, whenever the baby was eventually delivered by Maggie. For continuity's sake, Carol should have been with Lori cutting the baby out. Lori would have still died, as they were locked in that cell with no equipment or any sort of help.

It appears to me they don't know what to do with Carol; one minute she's training as a midwife and being close to Lori, the next she's cut out of that storyline and disappears instead :smiley-confused002:

Carol was shown practicing the C-Section on a Walker as a tie-in to the Andrew situation. He was watching the fences and saw where the break in the chain-link was. Also, had Carol been there, Lori would have had a better chance to survive the birth; Carol was able to stop the bleeding on a removed limb, for Christ's sake.
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

Daisy

Daisy

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationMount Doom

It was clearly shown that they were separated and that the situation was out of anyone's control.

The scenes with Carol practicing a C-section were to show that because Hershel was incapacitated, Carol (who had always been portrayed at a victim) was stepping up and taking control of a situation. I learned a lot about Carol from that scene.

I know how they were separated, yet it lacked continuity. If you have a character training for a big event, the next goal and logical step is to have said character performing this act and either fail or succeed. In this case we had Carol training for it, and then Maggie being put in charge out of nowhere.

I frankly didn't see much character development from that scene alone, I would have however welcomed Carol delivering the baby. I think that would have given Carol that extra layer she needs, and that she keeps missing cause she's used as a plot device.

Now, I don't want to start the same debate again, but the writers on TWD do a cracking job with most of the characters but seem not to bother at all with a few. Andrea being the latest victim btw, she's written as a naive 20 something whereas she's a late 30s professional who should be way more savvy. In both Carol and Andrea's cases the filler scenes or lack of development is due to moulding the characters to fit the plot, and it's a criticism I have and one of the reasons why I give this show a 7 whenever it could be a 8/9.

Also, had Carol been there, Lori would have had a better chance to survive the birth; Carol was able to stop the bleeding on a removed limb, for Christ's sake.

I don't quite get your point, as Lori could have still died. She could have even died if they had a gynecologist there, cause they had no proper tools and before modern medicine it was rather common.

If only scenes were aired that had "relevance" to what goes down on screen we'd have very streamline boring shows.

I'm puzzled. Why?
I got me some horses to ride on, to ride on.

Gonza_Fes

Gonza_Fes

Lurker

• Members
Carol might be still alive.. who knows... maybe she will show again in nextr episode just like Andrew i doubt the producers wont show her death to keep her still alive till they need to make a cliffhanger or another great episode like last night

in the other hand it will be cool if she can hook up with Axel... so far Daryl seems not interested in her

BizarroGlen

BizarroGlen

Infected

• Members
She's alive, but I think she's gotten her 3 strikes on covering anyone with a Gun!

1) Andrea
2) Rick's foot
3) T-Dog

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
I think she made it out alive. Carol has been looked at as the weak link and this will give her a chance to build up her character more. Hopefully she didn't stray away from the prison, if she did leave she may get picked up by Merle and taken back to Woodbury.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

Kikora

Kikora

Lurker

• Members

She's alive, but I think she's gotten her 3 strikes on covering anyone with a Gun!

1) Andrea
2) Rick's foot
3) T-Dog

1) She didn't have a gun, she had a stick.

2) I'll give you that, but sniping is tricky.

3) T-Dog plunged into a mess of walkers with JUST Carol as backup, and she ran into the thick of it as well. He went to secure the gate, she went to secure the door. Mass panic, I don't blame her.

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony

I don't quite get your point, as Lori could have still died. She could have even died if they had a gynecologist there, cause they had no proper tools and before modern medicine it was rather common.

Allow me to clarify. Carol's new role in the group, aside from being another gun, is the backup medic. She's had a little more training than Maggie, in terms of tending to wounds and had also been training (literally and emotionally) to be Hershel's assistant in the birthing process. Perhaps, given her training, Carol could have focused more on saving Lori than Maggie did. Now, I'm not beginning to pretend that Lori could have lived; even with Hershel there, along with their medical supplies, chances are we would come to the same result.

Maggie preforming the procedure leaves no chance of survival, as opposed to a 1 or 2 percent chance of survival, had Carol done the procedure. Just defending the accusations of lazy writing in regards to Carol. :)
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

That•Guy

That•Guy

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNorth Pole, Alaska
Daryl? Cry? That's not right.
This guy!

journeynsolace

journeynsolace

Roamer

• Members
First, WHY is Carol the ONLY backup medic in the group? Everyone in that group should be learning these things. They had seven months. Sit around a campfire and talk about medical training, just like everyone learned how to shoot.

Second, I absolutely believe she's alive. I think the writers are going to go for a reunion scene with Daryl as a way to advance their relationship. I don't like that as I think it's cliche (not knowing what you have until it's gone), but I think that's where they're headed with this.

carylshipper4life

carylshipper4life

S-mart Employee

• Members

Carol is nothing more than a big boring plot device for others...... Carol practicing with a walker doing a C-section was for Carol airtime....and to let everyone know that Lori may need a C-section...not because Carol was going to play an important roll in that...

Carol backing up someone????????Like she did at the farm..... No way... Carol will always save Carol....JMO

I think Carol is the Grim Reaper of the show..... Anyone who is left with Carol will either be left behind or die...... Sophia, Andrea, now T....

I don't think she's dead... She probably did what she does best, run like hell....She ran and found a place to hide until someone finds her...... I think they will find her, then we will get endless wasted screentime of Carol in Shock, Carol whinning, etc...

Daryl's reaction was Daryl... Yes, they are "Friends", but he's freinds with everyone...... I don't get why anyone would think that Carol's demise would push him over the edge.....but then again, I don't get why anyone likes the plot device...

Carol will show up.....just like the uninvited, annoying guest who shows up at your house and never leaves......but you want them too...

They wouldn't kill her off just yet... that would make too may of us do a happy dance and rejoice that maybe some of the more interesting characters might get more screentime..... Mazzara is sadistic like that....LOL......JMO

Carol for one didn't leave T, she stood by and waited for him and the reason she probally didn't back him up was because she didn't have any more anmo, I mean when them two walkers were in the hall she tried but there wasn't any anmo. He gave himself to them to save Carol when they was in the hall it was sad him talking

"God is gonna help me get you out of here."

"I'm gonna get you out of these tombs."

But the part that Carol can't save anyone or back anyone up that is messed up! Carol is a badass this season and I like her better than any other character. Better than Andrea and Michonne. That's just m¥ opioion though.

I just can't stand it when you say that she can't back anyone up etc.

DayWalker

DayWalker

Survivor

• Members
Carol is laying low somewhere until the walkers are cleaned out. Besides, she still needs to hook up with Daryl! :zombiethumbsup:

Kikora

Kikora

Lurker

• Members

Carol for one didn't leave T, she stood by and waited for him and the reason she probally didn't back him up was because she didn't have any more anmo, I mean when them two walkers were in the hall she tried but there wasn't any anmo. He gave himself to them to save Carol when they was in the hall it was sad him talking

"God is gonna help me get you out of here."

"I'm gonna get you out of these tombs."

But the part that Carol can't save anyone or back anyone up that is messed up! Carol is a badass this season and I like her better than any other character. Better than Andrea and Michonne. That's just m¥ opinion though.

I just can't stand it when you say that she can't back anyone up etc.

I think it is quite clear that DDixongirl does not like Carol, has never liked Carol, will never like Carol, and will only be satisfied if she dies horribly and Daryl dances an Irish jig on her grave to the tune of 'Ding-dong, the witch is dead!'. XD

But yeah, I agree with you. Her character is leaps and bounds above what it had been. :)

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOttawa

Except this is not life but storytelling. So yeah, scenes need to have purpose, continuity and be connected.

The purpose could very well be to show that they are trying their best to plan for things that might come up- and that they keep discovering that they still aren't planning well enough. It certainly shows that they should be better trained all around, it shows that they aren't sitting around but are trying to improve, and it shows that even the best laid plans can mess up.

I guess I just don't agree that this is a continuity problem. It just sucks to be Lori.

DDixonGirl

DDixonGirl

Lurker

• Members
deleting post

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

It was clearly shown that they were separated and that the situation was out of anyone's control.

The scenes with Carol practicing a C-section were to show that because Hershel was incapacitated, Carol (who had always been portrayed as a victim) was stepping up and taking control of a situation. I learned a lot about Carol from that scene.

Plus, why can't the purpose of the scene merely be to show zombie panties?

Augustana

Augustana

Infected

• Members
Man, that was one exciting episode. Honestly, when that walker attacked T-Dog I think it was silly that she didn't back him up and ran for that door. There was just one walker behind him.

Kikora

Kikora

Lurker

• Members

Man, that was one exciting episode. Honestly, when that walker attacked T-Dog I think it was silly that she didn't back him up and ran for that door. There was just one walker behind him.

I think that was either poor writing or bad editing, personally. We saw Carol clear the court for T-Dog, she shot down at least six or so walkers that threatened to swarm around him, while he plunged to close the gate. Then a single walker escapes both her and T-Dog's notice? It strikes me as odd, for the scene. :S

Nareen

Nareen

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
Personally, I can hardly wait for the scene where Carol runs out of the tunnels into Daryl’s waiting arms to the swelling strains of some romantic tune (take your pick). ;)

Seriously, Carol may be dead but the writers gave T-Dog a heroic death and some of the power of that is lost if Carol simply disappears. Also, I have a hard time believing that these writers would pass up the opportunity to show her death in gruesome detail. Maybe she will pull a Sophia and turn up as a walker that Daryl has to kill.

I like the character and find her growth interesting but the way that I see things going on TWD, Carol must be near the top of the kill list.

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
Carol's C-sec scene showed a lot of things for various characters and reasons and served purpose. Yeah, it would be logical for her to do the operation - but it didn;t go down that way, but it doesn' t mean the scenes didn't connect to the show. Besides I like to see scenes where characters prep and take stock of themselves as opposed to everything being cut out.

WanderFull

WanderFull

Infected

• Members
I think there was Andrew and mystery person. We all know what Andrew did but I think there's another person who probably kidnapped Carol that will lead to another story plot!

Did any of the guys shoot T-Dog? Maybe Carol came back and shot T-Dog, left her head scarf, and then went missing.

I still don't get how Daryl, the tracker/hunter and others claimed Carol dead when they don't see her body. Why not claimed her missing?

Chiefinspector

Chiefinspector

Infected

• Members
  • LocationSydney, AU
Well I guess this explains why Carol and T-Dog were so close together in that promo pic, it seems there was a relationship (but not that kind) between them after all.

eviled

eviled

Infected

• Members
someone said it would make t doggs sacrifice " futile" - in case you havent noticed theres a LOT of futility in a world full of the undead

journeynsolace

journeynsolace

Roamer

• Members
I don't understand the criticism asking why Carol didn't help T-Dog. T-Dog was bit. There was nothing to do to help him. Her "helping" him would only have put her life at risk. He was sacrificing himself to provide a better chance for her survival. He knew (and she did too) that he'd be inevitably killed later even if she did risk her life and tried to help and they both survived. It seemed to me to be a question of T-Dog sacrifices and she saves herself (high survival probability for herself) versus she tries to help T-Dog now (much lower survival probability for herself) to buy him just a few more hours of life.

And I think Daryl threw her scarf back on the ground too, didn't he? I'm not positive on that, but I think that's what he did.

zenthebanana

zenthebanana

Infected

• Members
  • LocationRiding polar bears in Canada
I honestly think the reason it looked like Carol wasn't covering T-Dog was the editing.

Now, I'm not normally one to throw the editing card around to excuse character mistakes, but in the scene where Carol and T-Dog rush the fence, the walker was FEET away from T-Dog before it cut to Rick, Glenn and Daryl. It made it look like Carol had plenty of time to shoot the Walker behind T-Dog, when in reality she probably had a fraction of a second. Walkers may be slow, but they aren't snails.

I'm not a huge Carol fan, but some of her hate -- just like the Andrea hate, is baseless and occasionally downright stupid.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!