FloydFraggle

Infected

• Members
Definitely alive.

onmyradar

onmyradar

Infected

• Members
100% alive. NO WAY they wouldn't show Carol's demise if she were to have died. No, she isn't a MAIN character, but she's been a pivotal character, who has shown growth, within the series. If she were to die, they would definitely show it. Plus, they showed Andrew's death, but not hers? That's not right. I think it's interesting...she's kind of gone the route of Sophia now...only this time I think it'll have a happy ending. She had a thing with Daryl and they didn't really show Daryl dealing with it. There are so many loose ends not tied up in my opinion. I have a feeling she'll turn up sometime in the next couple of episodes...alive.

jayde

jayde

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCanada
She's fine, I think. They'll find her locked in somewhere, without a scratch.

Lizz

Lizz

Infected

• Members
I'm thinking she is alive...maybe when they find her...Daryl and her will finally have that kiss? hehehehe

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale
definitely alive! it would be stupid for them to kill 3 original characters in one episode

Drunktard

Drunktard

S-mart Employee

• Members
Something doesn't seem right.
As soon as Rick and Daryl went through that door next to TDog remains they saw Hershel and Beth.
Carol clearly went through that same door to get out and we know that door leads outside because we could see the sunlight. How come she went out but Hershel didnt see her?

scarycrow

scarycrow

Infected

• Members
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia
It would be an utter spit in the face to T-Dog's sacrifice if she didn't make it.

lufflyness

lufflyness

S-mart Employee

• Members

It would be an utter spit in the face to T-Dog's sacrifice if she didn't make it.

LOL this.

I'm curious where she could be though... it's not like she's out wandering in the woods, she should be able to find her way back to where the group is.

leegreenman

leegreenman

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationLong Island, NY

I agree. I'm assuming the writers want to maximize the significance of his death.

WalkerBaitress

WalkerBaitress

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationTampa-area, FL

She had a thing with Daryl and they didn't really show Daryl dealing with it.

This is what bothered me about the whole "Carol didn't make it" thing as well. Daryl said to Hershel in the courtyard that "they didn't make it," meaning he felt that T-Dog and Carol both died. While we may disagree that Daryl and Carol had "a thing" (and believe me, this has been discussed ad nauseum both here and elsewhere on the Internets), it is clear that they at least had a close friendship. Carol was one of the only people to whom Daryl would even talk one-on-one, much less show vulnerability. It seems hard to swallow that even a stoic character like Daryl wouldn't freak out a bit that one of his close friends in the group was dead--or maybe they just wanted to save the emotional scenes for Rick.
"Stick them with the pointy end." Arya Stark, Game of Thrones

WalkerBaitress

WalkerBaitress

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationTampa-area, FL

I agree. I'm assuming the writers want to maximize the significance of his death.

Even if Carol had died, T-Dog was no less heroic for sacrificing himself to even try to save her life. Still a hero in my book.
"Stick them with the pointy end." Arya Stark, Game of Thrones

mmmbrains

mmmbrains

Infected

• Members
I think she most likely locked herself in a cell and just cant get out. I agree that they will most likely find her in a few episodes alive and well.

tasteslikechicken

tasteslikechicken

Infected

• Members
SHE COMES BACK AS A WALKER!

That would be so crazy.. Like they end up looking for her like Sophia, and then they end up seeing her again but she's a Walker and bites one of the main characters... just a theory.

This episode was :blink:

tasteslikechicken

tasteslikechicken

Infected

• Members
And T-Dog was bitten so he knew that he was going to die anyway and so he saved Carol.

DoctorManhattan89

DoctorManhattan89

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationPittsburgh
Maybe they find her and she's bitten but doesn't say anything? I seriously doubt it since that pretty much happens in every zombie set media but I figure it's possible.
"We're all puppets Laurie, I'm just a puppet who can see the strings."

p-dizzle

p-dizzle

Lurker

• Members

Something doesn't seem right.
As soon as Rick and Daryl went through that door next to TDog remains they saw Hershel and Beth.
Carol clearly went through that same door to get out and we know that door leads outside because we could see the sunlight. How come she went out but Hershel didnt see her?

They actually never showed that the Rick, Daryl and the crew went through the same door as Carol after T sacrificed himself. They were only shown coming out the same door that Carol and TDog went in from after T was bitten.
The head ornament Daryl found that belonged to Carol only lead D to think that she was chowed on as well.
Maybe she found the armory? Maybe she found
Spoiler

leegreenman

leegreenman

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Even if Carol had died, T-Dog was no less heroic for sacrificing himself to even try to save her life. Still a hero in my book.

Doesn't make his gesture any less heroic, but it would mean the act was ultimately futile.

Von

Von

Infected

• Members
Everyone was saying Andrew was dead and he wasn't. Now everyone is saying Carol is alive... hmmm.

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys

Maybe they find her and she's bitten but doesn't say anything? I seriously doubt it since that pretty much happens in every zombie set media but I figure it's possible.

Yeah, that one gets dusted off and used way more than it deserves.

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

They actually never showed that the Rick, Daryl and the crew went through the same door as Carol after T sacrificed himself. They were only shown coming out the same door that Carol and TDog went in from after T was bitten.
The head ornament Daryl found that belonged to Carol only lead D to think that she was chowed on as well.
Maybe she found the armory? Maybe she found

Spoiler

At the beginning of the epi, I believe Rick send something about the Armory being picked clean. Did anyone else catch this?

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
Re-watching the episode, I noticed when Carol opens the door to escape, she still had her headscarf on. Why was it found next to T-Dog's body?

Creeper

Creeper

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada

This is what bothered me about the whole "Carol didn't make it" thing as well. Daryl said to Hershel in the courtyard that "they didn't make it," meaning he felt that T-Dog and Carol both died. While we may disagree that Daryl and Carol had "a thing" (and believe me, this has been discussed ad nauseum both here and elsewhere on the Internets), it is clear that they at least had a close friendship. Carol was one of the only people to whom Daryl would even talk one-on-one, much less show vulnerability. It seems hard to swallow that even a stoic character like Daryl wouldn't freak out a bit that one of his close friends in the group was dead--or maybe they just wanted to save the emotional scenes for Rick.

I don't think Daryl has really had a chance to process it yet, for one thing. I noticed that he kept her head scarf(aww). He just looks stunned when he picks it up. But in terms of it working on the show, yeah it would have been weird to have Daryl throw a fit seconds before Rick throws an even bigger fit for Lori. :P

Serenity@sea - yeah I caught that as well, I'll have to rewatch though.

Edit - her scarf wound up by T for dramatic effect, apparently. A bit silly.

lufflyness

lufflyness

S-mart Employee

• Members

Re-watching the episode, I noticed when Carol opens the door to escape, she still had her headscarf on. Why was it found next to T-Dog's body?

Hmm, maybe it wasn't hers and they just assumed so because it was near T-Dog's body? The whole situation is a little puzzling to me.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!