Why Does The Governor Want The Prison ?

The governor rick the walking dead michonne

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan

It could go either way, I wouldn't really question it if they said he didn't know about it but I find it a lot more likely that he does. I've said in other threads though that Gov is all about reward vs risk, he manipulates people to his advantage and strikes when the time is right. He wants the most reward for the least amount of risk. He doesn't know whether that prison is safe and has supplies, overrun with supplies or just overrun with no supplies. I think he would calculate the risk being too great for not enough potential pay out, especially if they aren't desperate and can just sit pretty waiting for people to come to them.

Although it was mentioned by Rick that the armory was picked clean. Maybe it was the Gov or his men? Tough to say because whoever cleaned it out did not stick around long enough to explore further or just didn't want to help the prisoners in the cafeteria. I could also believe that the guards and wardens of the prison took the ammo as well. Just throwing out ideas.

Are you sure the armory was picked clean? I remember Rick telling Glenn not to shoot because if the armory was picked clean that they would need to conserve ammo in S3E4 and earlier saying the armory would be offsite in S3E1. When did they go to the armory to verify if it was clean or not?

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

Are you sure the armory was picked clean? I remember Rick telling Glenn not to shoot because if the armory was picked clean that they would need to conserve ammo in S3E4 and earlier saying the armory would be offsite in S3E1. When did they go to the armory to verify if it was clean or not?

I don't think he said "IF". I think he said that it HAD been picked clean. Remember Glenn and Maggie went to town for bullets and baby stuff.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

I thought that happened off screen. I thought they meant they had went to it because Rick said "If that armory hadn't of been picked clean we could spare the ammo." I'm pretty sure thats what he said, although you would think they would have shown them going to the armory but I guess not :/

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I just re-watched that scene, to be sure and after Glenn asked about taking out a walker, Rick said "If that armory hadn't been picked clean, we could spare the ammo."

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

DeadInDetroit

DeadInDetroit

Lurker

• Members
I didnt read all the posts yet but i think thr answer is pretty obvious..

1) SECURITY. Although Woodbury is pretty solid, if a big herd came thru an one wall collapses, the whole towns done for. If walkers get into the town, people will scramble to get into the closest building which will be a house or apartment building that is NOT reinforced. The prison on the other hand is impenetrable. I know eventually a herd would push thru the 2 fences but the zombies cannot get into the actual prison! Imagine the prison with a Woodbury-style wall on the outside of the fences...now thats a fortress! The Zs would have to get thru the big wall, get thru 2-3 big fences an then they'd be stopped in their tracks once they got to the prison! Wouldbu rather be in a unsecure apartment building or a big ass prison when your surrounded by 200+ Zs? Ill take the prison ANY day!!

2) SUPPLIES. if there are 2 major groups in the same vicinity as each other, those 2 will be competing for that area an the surrounding areas supplies! The more guns/ammo/food/supplies etc that Rick & Co find, thats less shit left for the Governor, his goons an the Woodbury residents. Which means they would probably lose more able-body men due to them having to travel farther and farther away from Woodbury...

3) POWER. The Gov is obviously a control freak an sees any outside group a threat to his power. At the moment, he dont know shit about Rick an the prison group, for all he knows they could be bigger, stronger, more organized with more (and bigger) weapons. Also he doesnt know the other groups intentions. He could be a paranoid SOB thinkin Ricks group will come attack an try to take over Woodbury...

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

SKriptyk ---> There was a Prequel Video shown where the Guvnor is standing behind the Main Gate at the Prison, Rick is on the other side and says "You can't have the Prison We Spilt Blood We are not going to let you have it" or something to that effect......

and DocManhattan89----> I am drawing conclusions but I would think that anyone that is closely related to the Guvnor must also be as mad and evil as he is. They are Definitely up to something and I think it is mad and evil.

I asked about the Prison because what is the Point other than a totally new and Better Defensive Position to take up residence. However; not many people would want to live inside a prison. Woodbury seems Idyllic looking from the outside in, but we all know that something sinister lies underneath the facade. Rick's group doesn't have a cache of weapons or anything other than what they can easily tote, but maybe the Guvnor thinks they rick's group managed to get to the Prison before we the armory was looted, but we known that the armory was picked clean before they got there. I guess my main point is that do you think the Guvnor wants the Prison to somehow House Walkers from his Experiments? To house them, train them, guard them. I could be jumping to way too many conclusions but there are allot of people that thinks the Guvnor is def up to something in regards to the Walkers and doing experiments on them.

Thanks for the spoiler warning............. :wallmad:

warioloaf

warioloaf

Infected

• Members
he probably wants more power., Hes totally the WD version of the kingpin.... hes a supervillain in disguise. right now its about power. once rick and him have a confrontation, itll be more about revenge

attitudx

attitudx

Infected

• Members
  • LocationOklahoma
Of course he dont want it now he really doesnt know it exists. It provides protection solid protection with miles of visibility it is not vulnerable. He can control his people without them knowing it. I havent read the comics however I wish they would delve into who this man is, was he a lawyer, serial killer, shrink, criminal? However the prison when he finds out about it, and the power, and safety it will provide he will wade thru hell to get it, however at the end of that hell pool rick will put a python bullet in his head.

Yeah, and people in hell want Slurpees.--Daryl Dixon

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

Of course he dont want it now he really doesnt know it exists. It provides protection solid protection with miles of visibility it is not vulnerable. He can control his people without them knowing it. I havent read the comics however I wish they would delve into who this man is, was he a lawyer, serial killer, shrink, criminal? However the prison when he finds out about it, and the power, and safety it will provide he will wade thru hell to get it, however at the end of that hell pool rick will put a python bullet in his head.

Problem is, how will the Guv convince his people to kill murder and massacre Rick's group including Ricks son his baby and the other young girl???

The Guv has lost 4 of his main killers, he only has Merle and the tall black guy left. I doubt that the residents of Woodbury would turn into a bunch of hardened killers for the sake of giving up their lives to plunder a heavily fortefied prison full of decent folk like them.

I see the Guv being SOL on this one and dying very fast. Hopefully

Narren

Narren

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOver there

Thanks for the spoiler warning............. :wallmad:

If you're talking about the Governor and Rick confronting each other at the gate....that didn't happen. We've already seen all of the scenes from the preview, they were just edited together to look like the Gov was coming for the prison.

CrackFox

CrackFox

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationEngland
The supplies being the surface reason but I think he'll ultimately want to take it because he feels like he can and will want to take the opportunity to overpower Rick's group and fully assert himself as the boss.

xaviersaint

xaviersaint

Mr. Random

• Administrators
  • LocationColorado

If you're talking about the Governor and Rick confronting each other at the gate....that didn't happen. We've already seen all of the scenes from the preview, they were just edited together to look like the Gov was coming for the prison.

Yep, what Rick said he said to the prisoners inside the prison. It was nice creative editing.
Angel: I stopped Acathla. That saved the world.

Spike: Buffy ran you through with a sword.

Angel: Yeah, but I made her do it. Signaled her with my eyes.

Spike: She killed you. I helped her. That one counts as mine.

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

ok good.

xaviersaint

xaviersaint

Mr. Random

• Administrators
  • LocationColorado
I have to say I kind of hate that editing. They make you think something and then it turns out to be nothing like you thought and compared to what you thought, it was disappointing.
Angel: I stopped Acathla. That saved the world.

Spike: Buffy ran you through with a sword.

Angel: Yeah, but I made her do it. Signaled her with my eyes.

Spike: She killed you. I helped her. That one counts as mine.

Dale's watch

Dale's watch

S-mart Employee

• Members
It would seem that Woodbury is the governor's prison. Even Merle isn't allowed out unless the governor sees fit to let him out and the bow girl said nobody was allowed over the wall. The governor must be afraid of Woodbury residents escaping to the freedom of Rick's prison. Ironic

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

So we all know from sneak pics/videos that The Governor wants The Prison from Rick's group. but WHY ? Doe's he want the physical property/ does he want the people of Rick's group/ etc. ??? Just thought I would see your opinions as this story line is quickly approaching, maybe even starting tonight in episode 03-04 . Any ideas ? Doe's The Governor want to do some sort of Evil Experiments ??????

Because he has a messiah complex an he sees himself as the rightful ruler of the post-ZA world. Therefore, everything outside Woodbury's walls rightfully belongs to him (or so he thinks). Don't forget what he said to Andrea: "We're going out there and taking back what's ours."

TRANSLATION: Everything out there belongs to me.

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

IanThornley

IanThornley

Infected

• Members
Defense, and probably think its loaded with weapons, armor and food.

etphoto

etphoto

Biter

• Members
I think there are things about Woodbury and the things going on behind closed doors we don't know about. Until everything is learned, it would be hard to say why and if the guv wants the prison.

t dog jr.

t dog jr.

Infected

• Members
He wants the resources

Broken Angel

Broken Angel

Infected

• Members
I think now The Governor just wants Revenge. But in the beginning he just wants total control. I mean if you were a sadistic control freak Leader like The Governor would you want a group of hardened survivors living in your backyard. Also he took out the National Gaurdsmen for weapons ammo and resources.

Mistertrouble189

Mistertrouble189

Infected

• Members
He wants the prison's occupants to be dead. Same reason he killed the National Guard. These 10 prison survivors cleared out multiple blocks of zombies using minimal guns --> they must be badass the Governor thinks, and a threat to Woodbury. So he wants them dead. No threat in leadership or possible take over.

Think the Governor said something similar to this on the show...

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA
It seemed to me that the guv wanted the prison but thought it would be impossible to gain. He sounded astonished when he learned Rick's group had cleared it. A lot of open, fenced grounds for parks and recreation. Plenty of protected space for gardening. Dress up the cells with some lace curtains and comforters. Probably contains a gym - and the medical portion would be better suited for Milton's experiments. Home sweet Home. OR, he fears they might challenge his omnipotence.

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia

So we all know from sneak pics/videos that The Governor wants The Prison from Rick's group. but WHY ? Doe's he want the physical property/ does he want the people of Rick's group/ etc. ??? Just thought I would see your opinions as this story line is quickly approaching, maybe even starting tonight in episode 03-04 . Any ideas ? Doe's The Governor want to do some sort of Evil Experiments ??????

As the Joker said in TDK.. "Agressive expansion". Makes sense that he'd try and get as many secure locations under his belt. Helps get the world under control, and under his rule.

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA

As the Joker said in TDK.. "Agressive expansion". Makes sense that he'd try and get as many secure locations under his belt. Helps get the world under control, and under his rule.

I might buy the "agressive expansion" theory, except that he'd have to leave people there to defend it. That would mean delegating some of his authority to the person in charge of this location. Can't see him doing that.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!