The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 4 - Killer Within - Review

season 3 killer within the prison rick merle michonne the governer He just got bitten

The Walking Dead "Killer Within" Review (238 )

What was your opinion on this week's show?

1. Excellent (193 [81.09%] - )

81.09%

2. Good - Some Critiques (36 [15.13%] - )

15.13%

3. Fair - Not What I thought (8 [3.36%] - )

3.36%

4. Poor (1 [0.42%] - )

0.42%

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers
Please go to the spoiler forum here to discuss the promo.

TheTalkingZombie

TheTalkingZombie

S-mart Employee

• Members
I cried during the episode and after when it all ended. Too many sad feels right now. :2206_mourning_over_dead_friend: :(

P.S: Although I am a huge fan of comic Andrea, the T.V version right now, is making me highly irritable. Even in such an intense episode, I was rolling my eyes when they cut to Andrea and the Governor. I even cringed throughout her scene with Merle. That being said, I loved the scene between Michonne and the Governor.

Creeper

Creeper

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
Finally finished watching. I'll have to rewatch for sure, my stream was so slow I saw it in couple-minute increments.

I'm just drained. I didn't think AL over-acted at all. As someone who was there when someone I loved suddenly died...I can tell you, sometimes disbelief and grief can come out sounding almost comical(to someone outside the situation), it isn't your run-of-the-mill cry, and everyone reacts to it differently. It was very real, and very haunting to me.

I think Carol will make it, otherwise it would be a sacrifice for nothing. I'm a little suprised that they assumed she was dead just because they found her scarf.

SWC did an awesome job. I was pretty well bawling. Brave woman! Poor Carl, he looks seriously so messed up. I'm glad he got to say goodbye to his Mom though.

What an exhausting episode. I think after that last bit, I just have to leave it for tonight. There is lots of stuff worth commenting on, but not tonight! I was afraid I wouldn't sleep well tonight, but I think I will actually...

Xfirekeenmike

Xfirekeenmike

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationSouth Texas mcallen area

What does Rick do now? Kill Hershel Greene!

Why?

At first I was, the next time you want to go for a walk Hershel Greene sit the fracks down!
But now remembering Rick let Andrew go free then may be Rick will be going Crazy Man!

mr teaspoon

mr teaspoon

Roamer

• Members
So-so episode. Not happy to see ninja zombies return.

brain baker

brain baker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationcuffed to a roof
If only Maggie and Carol had switched places. If Maggie went with T-Dog she would have been much closer to his back like they always do. Carol would have been able to deliver the baby. Everybody could have maybe lived that way.

Oh well can't blame Maggie for protecting Lori and stepping up to save the baby. Plus you can't blame Carol for stepping up to back up T-Dog everybody else left him out there alone. It's not her fault she not as good of a fighter.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

No words on this one.
Such a good episode but at the same time such a sad one.
The scene with Carl and Lori was probably the most touching scene on the series for me.

Andrew, huh? Who knew he could be so cunning as to come up with a plan like that. And he almost had Rick on a fight, didnt know he was so strong. For a moment there during the fight when they showed the crossbow I thought Daryl would pick it up and shoot Andrew while holding the door locked with his back. Good thing that he didnt, that would have been too much for his character.

Andrew's 'resurrection'/ revenge scheme was the weak point of the episode, IMO. I'm not a fan of the whole 'dead guy who's not really dead' cliche. A plan to get back to safety that involves flooding the prison with walkers? It doesn't make a lot of sense.

And did he really expect Oscar to welcome him back after he damn near got them killed by letting those things in?

But a funny observation. And now, true!

I think Oscar will be more than a token.

I think the producers said "we have a couple of strong African American characters, but they don't show up until later so we're just gonna stick some poor sap in there to occupy space until those others show up."

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
I can’t believe it was Andrew, I was 100% sure he was dead. I already posted the reasons why I “knew” it could not be Andrew, how he overcame them??? I have no clue. I’m a bit disappointed the writers went that way. I suppose it served the purpose they wanted, confusion and separation of the group, killing off 2 characters and allowing the other 2 prisoners to prove they are trustworthy. This is the reason I’m giving the episode a lower rating than I did the others. The episode also seemed a bit rushed. The first episode of the season was fast paced but did not seem rushed, if that makes sense.

Creeper

Creeper

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada

Andrew's 'resurrection'/ revenge scheme was the weak point of the episode, IMO. I'm not a fan of the whole 'dead guy who's not really dead' cliche. A plan to get back to safety that involves flooding the prison with walkers? It doesn't make a lot of sense.

I don't really buy Andrew surviving what he did either...but I think the plan of flooding the prison was maybe his ONLY plan. The walkers are a variable. Rick's crew were a sure thing - he would kill him if he saw him. He knew there were a lot of them, he didn't know how many, so he couldn't risk taking them all on. He probably figured him, Axel and Oscar could take back a cell block after the walkers had chased everyone else out. Who knows. Where you're fighting for your life, things get a little crazy? :srug:

If only Maggie and Carol had switched places. If Maggie went with T-Dog she would have been much closer to his back like they always do. Carol would have been able to deliver the baby. Everybody could have maybe lived that way.

I was proud of Carol for the fight she did put up, she was right out there fighting with the rest of them. As far as the baby situation...I honestly don't see how Lori could have been saved even if Carol were there. Heck, I'm not even sure about Herschel being able to save her. A c-section is major surgery, I think sometimes people forget that because it is done so frequently! In my mind, there was only ever a slim chance of Lori giving birth vaginally and surviving(with a live baby, they probably could have delivered a dead one), after we learned that she had Carl by c-section.

alexpetrov

alexpetrov

Infected

• Members
  • LocationPoland

I can’t believe it was Andrew, I was 100% sure he was dead. I already posted the reasons why I “knew” it could not be Andrew, how he overcame them??? I have no clue. I’m a bit disappointed the writers went that way. I suppose it served the purpose they wanted, confusion and separation of the group, killing off 2 characters and allowing the other 2 prisoners to prove they are trustworthy. This is the reason I’m giving the episode a lower rating than I did the others. The episode also seemed a bit rushed. The first episode of the season was fast paced but did not seem rushed, if that makes sense.

In a separate thread I pointed out that there was another door in that yard where Andrew was locked. Nobody listened to me though :)

Here is the picture again:

I'm sure Andrew ran to that door, and taking into account that he knew the prison very well and was much faster than walkers his escape is quite believable to me :)
Hei, If you're russian speaking, join us in creating the Walking Dead Wiki Project - http://ru.walkingdead.wikia.com

BeardedOne

BeardedOne

Roamer

• Members
Well played AMC, well played....

A lot of good and bad in this episode, but mostly good IMO.

Bad.....the "phantom of the prison" was Andrew, which I thought was pretty lame given his situation the last time we saw him AND the "zombie eats some motherfucker" noise thrown in for good measure. Lame.

GOOD!!!! Andrew gets shot in the face. I like that. It's like they shot him in the face to make up for the lame sub-plot. Good.

GOOD!!! LORI DIES!!!!!
Bad....Kind of a fucked up way to go, alone with a chick and your boy, being pursued by zombies and all.
GOOD!! This scene was pretty ballsy IMO. The whole "cut the baby out" deal is bad enough, but to have Carl have to witness AND participate in this is pretty heinous. I wouldn't have expected AMC to do something like that, and I give them credit for taking the risk.

BAD.... Theodore Douglas is no longer with us. /FINGER to AMC.
GOOD!!! While he did get bit, he went down like a champ. RIP T-Dog

Bad.... Rick breaking down like a baby. Rick Grimes wouldn't do that for the sake of his son.

Good episode.

Rainbowpony

Rainbowpony

Lurker

• Members
I've avoided spoilers like the plague, and I'm glad I did. I had no idea all this was going down tonight, and this has got to be the best episode so far. When T-dogg got bitten, it was like a punch to the stomach, I did not see that coming at all, hell, I thought he was actually going to get some more screen time. Lori went out with a bang, and even though I couldn't stand her, I hate to see her go. The moment Maggie had that baby bent over her arm trying to get it to breathe, I was just waiting for it to bite her, but it didn't.

I missed the whole conversation between Andrea and Merle so I'll have to catch it later.

How in the F*** did Andrew escape and carry out this diabolical plan? (And to everyone who said it could be Andrew doing this over the past week, I don't think I said it, but I thought it "No way in hell this is Andrew" so kudos, you had it all along.)

T-dogg, RIP, man, I really liked you and wished a better end for you than what you got. You were a brave man.

Lori, RIP. You got on my last nerve almost every time you opened your mouth, and if you were a real person in arm's reach of me I think I would have gladly knocked the crap out of you at least a time or two, but I'm still going to miss you, too. Wow.

Carol, where are you? Are you still alive? At least it seems I'm not the only one unsure of your fate, so maybe you did survive.

Incredible episode.

Adhesive-Bandage

Adhesive-Bandage

Infected

• Members

Haha I was right all along I commented on here saying that whom ever was watching Carl was the inmate who was being chased by Rick out in the court yard (Andrew) and also I was so right on how Lori would die and so far was the only one on here to suspect how she would die and I was right on that one Lori would die during child birth which she did, just didn't know who would shoot her before she turned after she died from child birth!

Whaddya want, a cookie?

Adhesive-Bandage

Adhesive-Bandage

Infected

• Members

Sarah Wayne Callies was fantastic.

Why did Maggie make Carl do it? I know that it had to be so incredibly hard but she should have stepped up and not made Carl do it.

Carl insisted he do it. Go watch the scene again.

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationKnoxville TN
All I can say is wow. I'm watching it again and I"m not sure if I can make it thru the ending again. I got a tissue if needed...again. =(

Xfirekeenmike

Xfirekeenmike

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationSouth Texas mcallen area
Was looking forward to some breastfeeding and or some nipple stimulations and then she had to go and get cesareaned.

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah
Hey, does this mean we might see Iron Singleton in one more episode... as a 1/2 eaten T-Dog walker?

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

brain baker

brain baker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationcuffed to a roof

Hey, does this mean we might see Iron Singleton in one more episode... as a 1/2 eaten T-Dog walker?

We can only hope.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Carl insisted he do it. Go watch the scene again.

I never said he did not insist. I don't need to watch the scene again. There was a point where he hesitated (and I don't blame him). If I was Maggie I would have stepped up and taken care of it myself.

Morgan's Return

Morgan's Return

Infected

• Members

Who's "Oscar"???????

Replacement Token.

That's cynical ;)

Cynical maybe... Accurate definitely...

I think the producers said "we have a couple of strong African American characters, but they don't show up until later so we're just gonna stick some poor sap in there to occupy space until those others show up."

And that poor sap is called a token, and unfortunately for IronE, T-Dog was it.

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
I did enjoy the part where Daryl stole T-Dogs line, they were talking about whether or not to let Oscar and Axel into their group and Daryl gives us a "hell no"! responding to T-Dog, a fun bit amist all sadness.

Rainbowpony

Rainbowpony

Lurker

• Members

Whaddya want, a cookie?

Ya know, for all the flack the people got who thought Andrew survived (not me) from all the people who 100% KNEW Andrew was dead (me), I think they should get two cookies, a bag of popcorn, and a soda.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

I doubt Carol could have saved Lori. She probably would have done less damage in cutting into Lori but she wouldn't have had any thing sterile to sew her up and the chances of her bleeding out or dying of infection would have been high. I'm not even sure Hershel could have saved her. Lori's only real chance is if they could have prepared for it with items from the infirmary and even then her chances werent great with a c-section.

Glad it was Maggie. I feel shes more emotionally stable to handle that rather than Carol, poor woman has been through enough without feeling like she was responsible for killing Lori.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Ya know, for all the flack the people got who thought Andrew survived (not me) from all the people who 100% KNEW Andrew was dead (me), I think they should get two cookies, a bag of popcorn, and a soda.

I think a lot of those people who were insisting he was alive may have had a little help with a leaked episode summary.

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members

In a separate thread I pointed out that there was another door in that yard where Andrew was locked. Nobody listened to me though :)

Here is the picture again:

I'm sure Andrew ran to that door, and taking into account that he knew the prison very well and was much faster than walkers his escape is quite believable to me :)

You’re right about the door, but I still think its really unbelievable. Andrew was screaming bloody murder which would attract walkers to him. Once back in the prison he had to evade any walkers that were around. He is able to get an axe, find a deer carcass, find a knife to cut its heart out, start the alarm (still evading walkers) and take revenge on Ricks group while at the same time putting himself at peril IMO it’s a far reach, but that’s what the writers decided to do. I’m sure many people believe its possible, but I’m not one of them.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!