The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 4 - Killer Within - Review

season 3 killer within the prison rick merle michonne the governer He just got bitten

The Walking Dead "Killer Within" Review (238 )

What was your opinion on this week's show?

1. Excellent (193 [81.09%] - )

81.09%

2. Good - Some Critiques (36 [15.13%] - )

15.13%

3. Fair - Not What I thought (8 [3.36%] - )

3.36%

4. Poor (1 [0.42%] - )

0.42%

rexmundi

rexmundi

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia
Wow. I am completely devastated by this episode. I hated T-Dog because I feared he was the tv lite version of Tyreese. I was wrong about him and loved that he went out in a heroic blaze of glory. The last scenes were so very powerfully acted. The performers who portrayed Carl,Maggie, Rick and, Lori hit it out of the park. I am happy that they are keeping the show fresh and unexpected for us comic readers. Lori's death, Carl sending her home, and Rick's wail had me totally tearing up.Rick's cry was the sound of love dying.

OutLawd

OutLawd

Roamer

• Members
Ricks gonna freak out and
comic talk:
Spoiler

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

Who's "Oscar"??????? I'm totally losing it tonight. Andrew, now Oscar. I need to swot up on all these other characters names.

He's the tall black prisoner that shot Andrew. :lol:

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

pow

AAAHHHHHHHH now I understand...Duh, silly me, thanks. I thought that guy had been eaten, I heard him screaming and being eaten. Even the subtitles on my (broken cable box) tv had the text of "sounds of eating, screaming and chewing and snarling". So I assumed he was gone. Then I forgot what he looked like. I just thought it was some random nameless prisoner. Makes sense now. Thanks. I'm surprised I never figured this out.

No prob. I was actually super confused too. At first I thought it was a walker until I saw he was swinging an axe (he did have some crazy eyes going on though). I didn't realize it was Andrew until he wanted Oscar to "take the prison back."

Am I the only one who's totally in love with Oscar?

No I am too. He is great. I'm kinda sad they felt the need to get rid of T-Dogg to really introduce him as a character though.

Xfirekeenmike

Xfirekeenmike

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationSouth Texas mcallen area
I have been let go from work quite a few times but never like that.

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members
Oscar is the African-American prisoner who along with Axel was left in the other cell block by Rick. A long time ago, it seems now.
I just made the mistake of watching, literally, the first 20 seconds of The Talking Dead, and heard things that I probably shouldn't have heard, given that I'm not gonna watch the episode for another 2.5 hours. Crap.

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon
Ok, Oscar is the other prisoner, got it.

Zombeemom

Zombeemom

Lurker

• Members

I noticed his face twitching once, but it didn't really register at first. He twitches when he lies? I cant go back and watch this episode again yet, so you guys will just have to fill me in on it.

Ya know, it was such a subtle twitch that you have to wonder if it is just something that Morrisey has going on. Could you actually act in such a subtle twitch like that. It was during the convo with Merle, so it was either when he feels like someone is questioning him our challenging his authority. I'll have to watch it again to see exactly what part of the convo it was.

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes

Who's "Oscar"???????

Replacement Token.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

Replacement Token.

That's cynical ;)

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

margjoc

margjoc

Infected

• Members
I thought Rick's (Andrew's) acting and reaction was pure gold! Him and Lori had problems, but he probably still thought she would be safe. The second all the zombies started coming into the gated area, he sprinted and was yelling "LORI." I think they had their problems but he always assumed that she would be around and when it actually happened that it wasnt... well it took him down.

Lori and Carl's final scene together, wow! Great scene. A little lifetime movie, a little, but good closure for the both of them.

katiearob34

katiearob34

Infected

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana

What does Rick do now? Kill Hershel Greene!

Why?

katiearob

Meka Max

Meka Max

Infected

• Members
This epi was heartbreaking! Got me sitting up here trying to look like I'm NOT tearing up lol. It started off so happy I knew it was coming... Never thought I'd feel so bad seeing T-Dog go.  The scene when Rick loses it at the end is really tragic. The look he gave Lori before it all went down and his reaction to her death shows that he loved that woman regardless of her misdeeds. Can't believe Andrea is falling for the  Governor's game. In another thread , Prison Inconsistencies,  I noted that it seemed like there was another door in the yard where Andrew was lead that was different from the one Rick closed.  I'm sure that's how he escaped. 

katiearob34

katiearob34

Infected

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana

That's cynical ;)

But a funny observation. And now, true!

katiearob

MicTech

MicTech

Infected

• Members
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia
It's official my wife and I's baby nieces have been cast as Rick and Lori's baby one of our nieces made her first appearance in tonight's episode which actress Lauren Cohan was actually holding her in the very last scene where she and Carl meet back up with the group and see the baby for the first time!

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale
light at the end of the tunnel: Axel said YOU FOLLOW ME!

life made

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale

It's official my wife and I's baby nieces have been cast as Rick and Lori's baby one of our nieces made her first appearance in tonight's episode which actress Lauren Cohan was actually holding her in the very last scene where she and Carl meet back up with the group and see the baby for the first time!

that is awesome! baby judith!

brain baker

brain baker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationcuffed to a roof

light at the end of the tunnel: Axel said YOU FOLLOW ME!

life made

Amen

meena76

meena76

S-mart Employee

• Members

I'm watching again and oh god, I can't watch Rick's last scene again. Too much.

yea I dread watching Rick's scene again.
I heart Rick. Shane had to go.

Drunktard

Drunktard

S-mart Employee

• Members
No words on this one.
Such a good episode but at the same time such a sad one.
The scene with Carl and Lori was probably the most touching scene on the series for me.

Andrew, huh? Who knew he could be so cunning as to come up with a plan like that. And he almost had Rick on a fight, didnt know he was so strong. For a moment there during the fight when they showed the crossbow I thought Daryl would pick it up and shoot Andrew while holding the door locked with his back. Good thing that he didnt, that would have been too much for his character.

gobigten01

gobigten01

Infected

• Members

Sarah Wayne Callies was fantastic.

Why did Maggie make Carl do it? I know that it had to be so incredibly hard but she should have stepped up and not made Carl do it.

Carl insisted. He told her, "It's MY mom".

bournesto33

bournesto33

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationtexas
I don't know why people think Rick s accruing was over the top, guy just list his wife and basically if toy think about it, most of out all falls back on him not killing Andrew..I'm sure the next few episodes will explane thus

OooDarylooO

OooDarylooO

Infected

• Members
Ahhh!!! Amazing episode! If this all happened on only episode 4, there is no telling what we r in for!!! When the episode started out kind of happy with Hershell up and walking, i knew shit was about to hit the fan- it reminded me of the moment with the deer in season 2 when Carl got shot!I hate to see T-Dog go, even though I knew it was coming- glad he had a heroic ending.The actor that plays him is a really great guy:'( There r no words for Lori's death and the events surrounding.. Amazing acting- Andrew Lincoln at the end was heart wrenching- the acting was perfect IMO- Im thinking that he's going to lose it and maybe blame the baby for Lori's death, I feel like Maggie and glen may step up and take care of the baby.. At least until Rick gets his mind right- I can see Merle actually ending up a good guy!! And Andrea gets on my nerves- does she flirt with every man who speaks to her?! Can't wait til next week!

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Carl insisted. He told her, "It's MY mom".

When Maggie was leaving, It seemed that he couldn't do it and Maggie kind of shook her head like she couldn't do it either.
If I was in Maggie's position, I wouldn't care if Carl said "It's my Mom", I would not have made a 13 year old boy shoot his Mom.

Bird24

Bird24

Infected

• Members
I am in shock! Before the show started I read IronE Singleton's tweet that said "BEST EPISODE EVER!!! EVER! EVER! EVER!!!" Who knew that what he considered the best episode was the one he died in? I was SO upset when T-Dogg first got bit. It was so unexpected! Throughout the whole rest of the episode I kept saying NO NOO! repeatedly.

While watching The Talking Dead I noticed IronE getting choked up. I felt for him! I hope he feels so loved! It was great to see him getting emotional.
As for Lori's death...I knew it was coming but didn't think it would be this episode! She always annoyed by the way she treated Shane but it was so so sad. I totally felt for Carl too. His life will never be the same. Just that look on his face after he walked out of the prison...chilling.

And RICK...oh man that was heartbreaking. What great acting there, definitely not over acted. I feel so bad for him and can't imagine how he is going to act in the rest of the season. I wonder if the thought is ever going to cross his mind that if he never threw Andrew out into the yard that this wouldn't have happened. I couldn't believe he came back! I felt bad for him that Oscar shot him but it definitely earned Andrew's trust and respect.

The Andrea and Governor or should I say "Phillip" scenes are pissing me off. I still can't figure out why he keeps all those heads. I really wish Michionne would say something to Andrea about how she thinks the Gov. is a bad guy.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!