The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 4 - Killer Within - Review

season 3 killer within the prison rick merle michonne the governer He just got bitten

The Walking Dead "Killer Within" Review (238 )

What was your opinion on this week's show?

1. Excellent (193 [81.09%] - )

81.09%

2. Good - Some Critiques (36 [15.13%] - )

15.13%

3. Fair - Not What I thought (8 [3.36%] - )

3.36%

4. Poor (1 [0.42%] - )

0.42%

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers
Watching again... Chander Riggs really rocked this one - his acting was phenomenal.

Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGeorgia
I watched this episode again and I cried.

God dammit.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
Sarah Wayne Callies was fantastic.

Why did Maggie make Carl do it? I know that it had to be so incredibly hard but she should have stepped up and not made Carl do it.

Bro

Bro

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationAlberta, Canada
Nobody's really gave Maggie credit yet either. Biggest emotional moment in the world going on a foot infront of her eyes and she still keeps full composure and saves the baby with zero medical experience, really stepped up.

It looked to me like Maggie was trying to get Carl to leave, and wasn't really expecting him to actually shoot her.

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell
It was a brutal episode. I probably would have voted excellent, but the Woodbury scenes really brought it down for me. Michonne + Merle were great, but way too many scenes with the Gov & Andrea making eyes at each other.

I'm sad to see T-Dog go, but at least he went out in a memorable way.

The scenes with Lori were heartbreaking. Carl and Maggie must both be so traumatized. I am glad, though, that there was some resolution between Carl and Lori. And I totally agree, Gracie - Chandler did a great job. Everyone did.

I'm watching again and oh god, I can't watch Rick's last scene again. Too much.

3VHWYjA.gif

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
I take back everything I've said about Sarah Wayne Callies and Chandler Riggs acting abilities not being up to par. They were both brilliant tonight and brought me to tears. Who knew that my two least favorite characters could cause me to become so emotional.

I am actually SAD that she is dead. Regardless of what people have said about her character, she had a HUGE presence on this show and it will not be the same without her.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

Why did Maggie make Carl do it? I know that it had to be so incredibly hard but she should have stepped up and not made Carl do it.

He insisted - he said "she's my mom". Maggie knew it was important to him, and gave him some space...

meena76

meena76

S-mart Employee

• Members
So yeah i'm going have to watch it a third time. Lot to take in. shit just got real.
Heart still racing
I heart Rick. Shane had to go.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen
Wow.

Just wow.

What an amazing episode.

It managed to make me a little queasy a couple of times. It takes a certain level of genius to make me queasy.

Wow...

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

Xfirekeenmike

Xfirekeenmike

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationSouth Texas mcallen area
No hair... its a Shane baby.

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon
Stupid question...but who is Andrew? In the court yard with no weapons??? Did I miss something here? The only Andrew that I know is Andrew Lincoln "Rick Grimes". Is this the Andrew that everyone keeps talking about tonight? Confused...... :zombietongueout:

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

Watching again... Chander Riggs really rocked this one - his acting was phenomenal.

Agreed. He and Lori were great in this episode, they stole the show along with the actress who played Maggie. I especially loved how stoic he looked in the end in contrast to Rick.

Honestly the only thing I was disappointed in was Rick's reaction because it was a bit overacted to me, needed to reign it in a bit.

katiearob34

katiearob34

Infected

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana

I saw that twitch too!

I noticed his face twitching once, but it didn't really register at first. He twitches when he lies? I cant go back and watch this episode again yet, so you guys will just have to fill me in on it.

katiearob

Ytirar

Ytirar

Infected

• Members
  • LocationVancouver, Canada
Perfect acting. The entire episode was amazing!

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

Stupid question...but who is Andrew? In the court yard with no weapons??? Did I miss something here? The only Andrew that I know is Andrew Lincoln "Rick Grimes". Is this the Andrew that everyone keeps talking about tonight? Confused...... :zombietongueout:

The prisoner who ran after Ricked axed Tomas. Everyone thought he was dead because he ran into a fenced courtyard with a bunch of walkers and Rick locked him out. Apparently somehow he survived (and managed to devise an elaborate plot) despite the screams we all heard suggesting he was eaten... still a bit confused about how he survived but this episode was great so I can overlook that.

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

Holy Fuck!!
Is anyone else having problems getting in here?
I definetely need time to process this. Gut wrenching. The most emotional thing I've seen on television.
:2206_mourning_over_dead_friend: T-Dog
:2206_mourning_over_dead_friend: Lori

I'm not happy that it was Andrew.....
The Guv has a tell....Did you see his face twitch?
Did Rick say the Armory was picked clean?

ETA: I thought Rick's reaction was heart wrenching, not overacted.

"Not happy it was andrew"

??????

Sorry, everyone keeps talking about "Andrew"? Used your quote as an example. Who is this "Andrew" And what did you mean "im not happy it was Andrew"? Someone also mentioned that Andrew was alone in the yard, locked in with all the zombies, and he had no weapons?????? Have I missed something here? Andrew Lincoln was heavily armed and was not in no real danger, he had a group around him. But it seems like it's not the "Andrew" everyone is talking about? Is Andrew one of the prisoners? Or that nut in the boiler room with the axe? I'm confused.....

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

He insisted - he said "she's my mom". Maggie knew it was important to him, and gave him some space...

It seemed that before she left, he looked at her like he couldn't do it. This is making me cry all over again.... I thought she was going to help him. No kid should have to put down his Mom.

Creeper

Creeper

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
Somebody mentioned earlier that it was kind of lame that Lori just "happened" to go into labour as all this is happening...um..not really. If she is close to delivering, running around and stress can all trigger labour. So it was pretty believable.

Can't comment on the epi much yet...my stream is slow as molasses.

The tiny moment between Rick and Lori right before they saw the walkers was sweet...Lori looked like a teenager when her crush looks her way. Ugh...so sad, they would have worked things out. Loved that the first name Rick yelled when he saw the walkers was "Lori!"

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

The prisoner who ran after Ricked axed Tomas. Everyone thought he was dead because he ran into a fenced courtyard with a bunch of walkers and Rick locked him out. Apparently somehow he survived (and managed to devise an elaborate plot) despite the screams we all heard suggesting he was eaten... still a bit confused about how he survived but this episode was great so I can overlook that.

pow

AAAHHHHHHHH now I understand...Duh, silly me, thanks. I thought that guy had been eaten, I heard him screaming and being eaten. Even the subtitles on my (broken cable box) tv had the text of "sounds of eating, screaming and chewing and snarling". So I assumed he was gone. Then I forgot what he looked like. I just thought it was some random nameless prisoner. Makes sense now. Thanks. I'm surprised I never figured this out.

Zombeemom

Zombeemom

Lurker

• Members
I feel like Rick and Lori were going to eventually work through things, as they got settled in, they were going to be ok. You could tell Rick was starting to get there. I think thats why he was SO crushed at the end. He didn't do it in time.

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes
Am I the only one who's totally in love with Oscar?

Xfirekeenmike

Xfirekeenmike

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationSouth Texas mcallen area
What does Rick do now? Kill Hershel Greene!

mtta1979

mtta1979

Infected

• Members
  • LocationWest Virginia

If you watch that scene again Carl was saying What about mom she'll turn! Maggie pulled the gun out and she was gonna shoot her but Carl said No she's my mom (meaning Lori's his mom so he should be the one to shoot her to keep her from turning) even though he didn't want to do it he knew he had no choice!

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon
T-Dog on the Talking Dead right now has tears in his eyes when he heard the tweets from his fans about his character dying. He's an awesome guy.

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

Am I the only one who's totally in love with Oscar?

Who's "Oscar"??????? I'm totally losing it tonight. Andrew, now Oscar. I need to swot up on all these other characters names.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!