The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 4 - Killer Within - Review

season 3 killer within the prison rick merle michonne the governer He just got bitten

The Walking Dead "Killer Within" Review (238 )

What was your opinion on this week's show?

1. Excellent (193 [81.09%] - )

81.09%

2. Good - Some Critiques (36 [15.13%] - )

15.13%

3. Fair - Not What I thought (8 [3.36%] - )

3.36%

4. Poor (1 [0.42%] - )

0.42%

Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGeorgia
No words can describe how powerful that episode was.

I have tears in my eyes right now.

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4
Can't write a review right now, can't stop crying like a little baby. Knew the spoilers, didn't make a bit of difference. It still killed me.
Jon is fine, dammit.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

One of if not the best episode of the whole series

-I respect how Lori died

-I never would've guessed that it was Andrew who was doing all that

Also really respect how Lori died. Glad her and Carl got to finally have a heart-to-heart.

I want to know how Andrew got away. There was at least 5 walkers in that fenced cage and they were pretty close to him. Seems unlikely he would have been able to dodge them so well and we heard screams. Not to mention he plotted that elaborate plan, seems a bit over his head. Not very believable but I guess I can overlook it cause I really did enjoy this episode on a whole.

TheLibrarian

TheLibrarian

Lurker

• Members
T-Dog... I am not crying, it's raining on my face. :(

I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

pat5800

pat5800

S-mart Employee

• Members
Spoiler

Check out my Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.c...bc?feature=mhee

mtta1979

mtta1979

Infected

• Members
  • LocationWest Virginia
Haha I was right all along I commented on here saying that whom ever was watching Carl was the inmate who was being chased by Rick out in the court yard (Andrew) and also I was so right on how Lori would die and so far was the only one on here to suspect how she would die and I was right on that one Lori would die during child birth which she did, just didn't know who would shoot her before she turned after she died from child birth!

pat5800

pat5800

S-mart Employee

• Members
also hershal the one legged undead slayer man but i almost thought rick was laughing on the first oh no
Check out my Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.c...bc?feature=mhee

Catch77

Catch77

S-mart Employee

• Banned
I'm tired so I'll make dis quick.

Wow, just wow. Amazing. Honestly, it was so intense and emotional. That scene with Carl and Lori was on another level. I was terrified for them both. I felt my gurl Lori's pain. I will really miss her character.

Oh my gawd, I hope my main gurl Carol is okay. Where could she have possibly got too? I mean,she may have run out da prison but surely she would return by the time Rick, Glen, Maggie, the new baby etc were all outside.

Bro

Bro

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationAlberta, Canada
The initial T-Dog bite had me (alone in the house) loudly screaming "NOOOOO" and bringing tears to my face.
The heroic T-Dog moment had me almost balling.
Carl/Lorie part was really powerful.
Rick's acting at the end wasn't bad, people just need something to complain about, and when the episode is this incredible, they grasp for straws.
Wonder what happened with Carol, I think she'll be fine though. If not, I don't think they would have emphasized T-Dog keeping her alive only for her to die off-screen.
I am so excited to see how bat-shit crazy Rick goes in the next few episodes.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers
This is not the spoiler forum. If you want to talk about the promo, please go to this thread.

meena76

meena76

S-mart Employee

• Members

In two words...
no words..

no words...
I heart Rick. Shane had to go.

Zombeemom

Zombeemom

Lurker

• Members
Ok, first crying episode, Tdog getting bit. Gasp..NO! Second one, the talk between Lori and Carl as I watch the show with my 9 yr old son. Then I composemyself for a second, only to bawl more when TDog charges those zombies. No crap! But most tears ever....when they do the flashback to the convo between Carl and Rick from S2. Holy crap, bawling like a baby!!! I can't believe all my crying! Awwww....TDog, you'll be missed!

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
Holy Fuck!!
Is anyone else having problems getting in here?
I definetely need time to process this. Gut wrenching. The most emotional thing I've seen on television.
:2206_mourning_over_dead_friend: T-Dog
:2206_mourning_over_dead_friend: Lori

I'm not happy that it was Andrew.....
The Guv has a tell....Did you see his face twitch?
Did Rick say the Armory was picked clean?

ETA: I thought Rick's reaction was heart wrenching, not overacted.

TheLibrarian

TheLibrarian

Lurker

• Members

Spoiler

Don't need to spoil tag that.

Theodore Douglas died like a Boss.

I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

Zombeemom

Zombeemom

Lurker

• Members
I saw that twitch too!

katiearob34

katiearob34

Infected

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana
My mind is blown.

I wasnt all that sad until I saw Rick's reaction. Great performance from Andrew Lincoln. Obviously Rick's gonna have some issues for the next long while, so who do we think will step up? Rick's only options are to pull it together eventually for the sake of his children...or not. We shall see!

Couldnt Carl have gone to find some help before he shot her!? Give her a chance, man! Though I know how unpredictable this show is. If we dont actually SEE someone die, they may not truly be gone, as was the case tonight with the other prisoner, whose name escapes me.

Carol?

This season can only get better, really.

katiearob

vampirebat

vampirebat

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBrockton, Massachusetts
of course it was andrew, it was given away before the epsiode started during the flashbacks and showed andrew getting locked outside.... It was a dead giveaway but i thought it was a perfect way for things to go because now there still will be ill feelings with prisoners and the group and with mental breakdown rick on the loose, there is no telling how fucked up shit will get. can not wait... I knew when T dog actually had something to say he was going to die, i just did not want to believe it

Creeper

Creeper

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada

Yeah..I think we were crashing the site. Whoops.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

Holy Fuck!!
I definetely need time to process this. Gut wrenching. The most emotional thing I've seen on television.
:2206_mourning_over_dead_friend: T-Dog
:2206_mourning_over_dead_friend: Lori

I'm not happy that it was Andrew.....
The Guv has a tell....Did you see his face twitch?

The traffic is extremely high, which is why the board is slow.

I'm still processing.... :(

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes
This is me right now.

Literally. I had to go to Walgreens and get some wine cause I just couldn't. I still can't.

jayde

jayde

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCanada
Aw T-Dog! Poor guy, but he went out a hero. The minute he started pulling a Dale with Rick trying to get them all to have mercy on the inmates, I knew he was toast. I just hoped he'd have more of a fighting chance.

Actually sad about Lori, too. I never hated her like many seem to, I just thought she didn't use any good sense with the whole Shane/Rick situation. It was heart-wrenching to see her go like that with Carl just looking on. Now that kid has put down his friend (Shane), and his mother...but I'm glad they had their heart to heart before she died.

Watching Rick in the final scene was just as tough. We could see that things between him and Lori weren't as strained anymore. When they were watching each other through the fence it felt almost as though they were courting again...I wonder how Rick and Carl are going to handle this all in the coming episodes.

The only thing I didn't dig is Andrew surviving, just because it looked like he had no way out of that courtyard. He had no weapons, no way to defend himself, the odds of him surviving were incredibly low. So I'd like to see how he managed to get out but guess that we probably won't. Other than that, excellent episode!

Rictatorship

Rictatorship

Infected

• Members
I thought ricks acting at the end was great. Just because him and lori haven't been close in a while doesn't mean anything. Its his WIFE. The mother of his 2 children. Think of all the emotions that he has to be feeling right then when he sees his baby and lori is no where to be found. He has to be thinking about all the things that happened between them the past year and how they could have done things differently and the fact that they never did reconcile he has to regret that. And i never thought i would almost shed a tear for lori but i almost did.

Now let me talk about T-dog. I have a huge problem with his death. We were promised more T-dog this season and all the episode where he actually gets a storyline he gets killed off. Come on that is just stupid writing. I feel like glen mazerra lied big time. I mean what was the point of keeping tdog alive for so long. His character was finally showing promise this season and then bam like a cruel joke they kill him off. Ugh makes mad. Also i think its pretty funny that tdog kind of got a plot death a little bit like dales. Where he's trying to to give people chances but no one agrees with him and they both end up dying. But at least he went out like a boss. Showed true bravery.

Carol is not dead, im positive about that. Oscar killing andrew was boss and the way he gave rick back his gun was sweet. Overall i give this episode a 9.5.

katiearob34

katiearob34

Infected

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana

also hershal the one legged undead slayer man but i almost thought rick was laughing on the first oh no

Me too! But then I imagined the disbelief he must be feeling and it just made the moment all the more powerful.

katiearob

Zombeemom

Zombeemom

Lurker

• Members
Carol's still alive somewhere, she will tell everyone what TDog did for her, give him the respect due. Man, that was INTENSE!

Watching the second time through now, uugh, so heart wrenching. Lori, that speech she gave Carl, its about time she stepped up and talked to him like that. Better late than never, I guess. Poor Carl, I started out this episode with him and Beth giving each other the living eye, ending it the way it did. Sigh....

katiearob34

katiearob34

Infected

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana
I know I'll probably get some heat for this, but I gotta say...I never really liked T dogg too much. He seemed to always be trying to stir up dissention amongst the group.

katiearob

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!