Comics Governor Vs Tv Governor

* * * * - 1 First post.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

Oooooh, Gracie, why have you put that idea in my head? Now I'll be disappointed if it doesn't happen! Hahaha...

*hack hack hack* :jasonani:

Maybe the governor can do it with Merle's stump attachment. :P

Right now, the TV governor is just really creepy, but that would make people HATE him. It would be as bad as the Negan thing, I think.

TheWalkingPlazma

TheWalkingPlazma

Infected

• Members
at first when I saw the casting I was skeptical just based off his appearance... as of now I am firmly behind him... so far even though we haven't seen much, I feel morissey has done a great job playing the governor and I see true potential for an amazing villain this season... PT is right in the sence that yes the tv show is going to naturally be watered down due to censorship issues and therefore the governor is no exception to that rule...that does suck but it's not everything...No we will not likely see him rape Michonne repeatedly nor are we likely to see him rip out his 7 year old zombie daughter's teeth, I do however, despite what we know we won't see, highly anticipate what we will see... a great actor bringing a villain to life in a way that artwork and text balloons just aren't capable of, adding an extra layer of depth to the governor that we never got to see in the comic book medium... I should not be so presumptuous as to say this will happen but so far I like what I'm seeing from Morissey and have high expectations for the tv version of the governor... I also think they're doing a good job making him unique to the tv show while remaining true to the comic book... obviously in a certain sense he's considerably different from his comic book counterpart yet he still shares the same manipulative and sadistic qualities that truly make the governor what he is. Also I loved the end with the zombie heads in the tanks... I was fully expecting him to bust out the "27 channels and nothing on line" but the menacing silence worked just as good, I think that scene was very well done... it let the audience know that he is officially a sadistic motherfucker and in the midst of the silence you wonder what the hell is going on inside this guy's head...

EXE.DMG

EXE.DMG

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
So far the acting is spot on. Just hope to see
Spoiler

http://www.ReadTheWalkingDead.com

For Collectors, By Collectors.

OutLawd

OutLawd

Roamer

• Members
I always thought too Daryl will be killed like tyrease someone who ricks right hand man will get snuffed this year

Big Compton

Big Compton

Infected

• Members
I think it's way too early to decide. That being said I still think it's going to be hard for the TV Gov to match up to the original Governor in the long run.
Yoyoyoyo Big Compton in daaa house, son!

Big Compton

Big Compton

Infected

• Members

Spoiler

As awesome as that would be I don't think it's going to happen. The ol' fatass regretted cutting off Ricks hand in the comics, I can't see it happening a second time around.... Although I think it's Glen Mazzara who gets the final say, so we shall see.
Yoyoyoyo Big Compton in daaa house, son!

Tobedesu

Tobedesu

Infected

• Members
  • LocationTokyo, Japan
When I read the Walking Dead Compendium, I always thought that Danny Trejo might be a good cast as The Governor.
But, Morrissey has got the part off well, and I agree with others that his character is more believable and he looks welcoming and trustworthy, and seems like a decent chap.

For those that read the comic, we knew what to expect, but others watching the show were probably surprised by the nature of the character.
Never judge a book by its cover.

Tobedesu

Tobedesu

Infected

• Members
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Spoiler

To be honest, the TV show has taken a slightly different direction and I doubt that will happen.
Different characters and different meetings.
We already have Merle with a missing hand...then again, it could happen in an act of revenge.

Narc

Narc

Infected

• Members
  • LocationBoston

When I read the Walking Dead Compendium, I always thought that Danny Trejo might be a good cast as The Governor.

Funny, I thought the same thing!

Like some others have said, when they announced David Morrissey as the Governor I was a bit disappointed, 1-because he looked nothing like the GN Governor, and 2-because I feared AMC would water down the character for broadcast. But now I'm already really impressed with the changes they've made, knowing as a reader that he's a real bad-ass behind that charming leader persona.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!