Issue 104 Predictions

- - - - - 104 carl cover

TheWalkingPlazma

TheWalkingPlazma

Infected

• Members

So if you're a writer and your last known villain (derek and co.) only had a few lines which started off the same way your newest villain started off his dialogue (also hasn't had very many lines) I'd assume that you overlooked it and would probably have gotten it editted out if so.
But I'm just assuming, but assumptions make an ASS out of U and Me right fuzed?
Having one villain say the same exact threat as the previous one ? IMO that's bad writing. I guess we should just have all villains super or regular recycle eachothers lines.
Sure two people would say the same thing, and walking dead excersises how realistic it is by having characters with the same name . Doesn't mean that it's good to read or good writing.

between this and the kenneth gregory thing kirkman seems to be partly retarted... other than those things i think he's fantastic and does a great job but these are 2 really big mistakes that at this level should just NOT HAPPEN...

also a while back i noticed on the synopsis of issue 50 the VERY FIRST WORD is spelled wrong, VERY FIRST WORD... i think this may be when editors changed or something but fuckin a i love the comic but professionalism seems to be at an absolutely minimal sometimes... just bugs me...

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.

I think this may be when editors changed or something but fuckin a i love the comic but professionalism seems to be at an absolutely minimal sometimes... just bugs me...

Exactly.
     “Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.

So if you're a writer and your last known villain (derek and co.) only had a few lines which started off the same way your newest villain started off his dialogue (also hasn't had very many lines) I'd assume that you overlooked it and wouldve probably have gotten it editted out if not.
But I'm just assuming, assumptions make an ASS out of U and Me right fuzed?
Having one villain say the same exact threat as the previous one ? IMO that's bad writing. I guess we should just have all villains super or regular recycle eachothers lines.
Sure two people would say the same thing, and walking dead excersises how realistic it is by having characters with the same name . Doesn't mean that it's good to read or good writing.

“Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

Fuzed

Fuzed

Infected

• Members

So if you're a writer and your last known villain (derek and co.) only had a few lines which started off the same way your newest villain started off his dialogue (also hasn't had very many lines) I'd assume that you overlooked it and would probably have gotten it editted out if so.
But I'm just assuming, but assumptions make an ASS out of U and Me right fuzed?

First off, I wouldn't consider Derek and co. 'the last known villian'. To me they were just a minor plot point to get the herd to come to town, the true villian of that arc...and honestly, its not not like they just introduced Negan - we're at least 5 or 6 issues deep. Derek was arrogant, guess who else is? It doesn't surprise me that both said exactly the same thing. Hell I probably would have said the same thing. Make that three of us. lol

Perhaps I'm just using my imagination to make it more believable and don't necessarily see it as bad writing. I actually thought it was clever to a certain degree.

...and who else shared the same name? I'm drawing a blank. The only one I can remember is Billy - one of the twins, and Billy Greene - Hershel's son...I'm probably missing something incredibly obvious...

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.

First off, I wouldn't consider Derek and co. 'the last known villian'. To me they were just a minor plot point to get the herd to come to town, the true villian of that arc...and honestly, its not not like they just introduced Negan - we're at least 5 or 6 issues deep. Derek was arrogant, guess who else is? It doesn't surprise me that both said exactly the same thing. Hell I probably would have said the same thing. Make that three of us. lol

Perhaps I'm just using my imagination to make it more believable and don't necessarily see it as bad writing. I actually thought it was clever to a certain degree.

...and who else shared the same name? I'm drawing a blank. The only one I can remember is Billy - one of the twins, and Billy Greene - Hershel's son...I'm probably missing something incredibly obvious...

Regardless, it is lazy/poor writing. Don't get me wrong I love Kirkmans writing, but he does have his weak moments.
And I guess I meant human threat rather than a villain, still if every person that kirkman is trying to come across as a villain/threat says the same catch phrase it's just lazy!
Negans been mentioned for a while now but his first appearance with dialogue was disappointing (dialogue wise)
As for the names . There's billy and billy, Paul and Paul , Eugene and Eugene , Chris and Chris, Bruce and Bruce. I might be missing a couple. But people sharing names always made sense to me, people saying the same shit and misspelled words not so much.

Issue 104!

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

I think PorkTornado has the most believable theory so far haha.

And I agree wholeheartedly.

"Who is the mother fuckingest of all the mother fuckers? This girl!" - Petra, Legacy of Luther Strode

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Hey diddle diddle...

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

i just realized that Negan says the exact same thing the scavenger Derek says when he comes to the gate of Alexandria "little pig little pig let me in" this just another troll from the master or does Negan have some connection with Derek`s scavengers ? or just bad writing and using the same line twice ? or could people have been watching Alexandria longer then we know ? AHHHHHHHHH !!!! here we go again DAM YOU TROLL I FELL FOR IT AGAIN!!! ok going to go drink some chocolate milk and hit my head against the wall and try not to think about this again.....

I think he might. Derek may have been an advance scout, and when the direct bullying (understatment, granted) tactic didn't work Negan started in with his plan to mind-fuck Rick. If Alexandria had remained strong I truly think they could have held out and beaten the Saviours. What history tells us about siege warfare is that with the right walls and weapons a smaller group can degeat a larger one, (and Kirkman is known to have said he takes more from history than literature). Negan knows this, but he is smart and did what he needed to do to get Rick to lie down with minimal force and loss to his own people.

I tend to like the way you think, PT.

"Who is the mother fuckingest of all the mother fuckers? This girl!" - Petra, Legacy of Luther Strode

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

...because two people NEVER say the same thing.... :eyeroll:

What about when that thing is so ridiculous. It makes sense for them both to say "Hey asshole, let us in". But two villains so close together who use the same chldren's rhyme? Suspicious to say the least.

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

between this and the kenneth gregory thing kirkman seems to be partly retarted... other than those things i think he's fantastic and does a great job but these are 2 really big mistakes that at this level should just NOT HAPPEN...

also a while back i noticed on the synopsis of issue 50 the VERY FIRST WORD is spelled wrong, VERY FIRST WORD... i think this may be when editors changed or something but fuckin a i love the comic but professionalism seems to be at an absolutely minimal sometimes... just bugs me...

As much as I love these comics, Kirkman is a good story teller, but a bad writer. All the literary device that goes into crafting a story is missing or poorly done. A good writer has many misdirects and red herrings, but upon closer inspection or after the fact, you can almost always see the lead up. Kirkman outright misleads and lies to his readers.

I don't think however that this is one of those cases. I think the two groups are connected in some way. It doesn't make sense for the scavengers to be in the area and not be known to Negan, who doesn't seem like the type to let that shit go - he is the boss, he will take what he wants, and only he will fuck with the communities under his thumb.

But I am almost always wrong, so it is probably just bad writing.

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste
You all have me very worried about Carl.

slouvahkey

slouvahkey

Infected

• Members
104. Carl is almost certainly going on a revenge mission only to be caught, 105 captured and indoctrinated into the saviors. 106 Rick and the rescue party head out in search. That's my prediction, but having been reading these for months now, I'm guessing we all have no idea.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football
Maybe Kirkman sees this as the second of the three pigs houses the Prison being the first. Perhaps this is a Freudian slip.

My best bet is the Editorial staff are the folks that are truly responsible for these kinds of gaffs the Kenneth thing.

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

I think he might. Derek may have been an advance scout, and when the direct bullying (understatment, granted) tactic didn't work Negan started in with his plan to mind-fuck Rick. If Alexandria had remained strong I truly think they could have held out and beaten the Saviours. What history tells us about siege warfare is that with the right walls and weapons a smaller group can degeat a larger one, (and Kirkman is known to have said he takes more from history than literature). Negan knows this, but he is smart and did what he needed to do to get Rick to lie down with minimal force and loss to his own people.

why thank you very much Dream , i think the "we are all Negan" quote is not just bad writing but it will come into play in the near future and the way the Saviors all seems to talk alike except for the one that dont like swearing is not just coincidence.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members

You're spot on here too IMO

Perhaps the strategy is to send a scout team that is expendable perhaps an initiation? If you score and make it back alive then good. If they don't come back then they were "the right stuff" for Savior material.

BTW -everyone in the Jesus argument carefully read #92 c a r e f u l l y read the parts after he first uses the word Jesus.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
"Your big walls are all the medicine you need" "You are living like kings , you must have 20 houses" quotes from Negan that make me think he was commenting on just what Dream has stated that they could have just stayed tough and won because of the strength of Alexandria`s walls and there defenses he was rubbing it in a little in his own way that bastard

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Just been reading through the 90's issues when Rick & Co first go to the Hilltop and the first conversation between Kal and Eduardo we read is the first mention of Negan. They see Jesus along with Rick & Co arriving but can't quite make them out and wonder alarmingly if it's Negan. When they see it's Jesus they're relieved. Interesting...

Not exactly a prediction, but I was inspired to read back by your post DaneBramage and see if I missed anything from before.

I R Biter

I R Biter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSpace City
Hickory dickery dock
Rick likes sucking my cock

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Hickory dickery dock
Rick likes sucking my cock

.. don't fuck with my fiddle!

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.

You're spot on here too IMO

Perhaps the strategy is to send a scout team that is expendable perhaps an initiation? If you score and make it back alive then good. If they don't come back then they were "the right stuff" for Savior material.

BTW -everyone in the Jesus argument carefully read #92 c a r e f u l l y read the parts after he first uses the word Jesus.

If Derek and company were really advanced scouts why did the rest of them not just flee and get Negan and the saviors when Derek got shot down. Instead they charged the gates like a bunch of desperate reckless goons. While they very well could've been , personally I don't think they were any part of the saviors/Negan.

I'm going to go read 92 very carefully now haha.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members

.. don't fuck with my fiddle!

Don't you mean hey diddle diddle...

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members

If Derek and company were really advanced scouts why did the rest of them not just flee and get Negan and the saviors when Derek got shot down. Instead they charged the gates like a bunch of desperate reckless goons. While they very well could've been , personally I don't think they were any part of the saviors/Negan.

I'm going to go read 92 very carefully now haha.

Y'all know me by now I'll toss any drek that pops in my head out there. I think it's an editorial slip. Or if Kirkman wants it in there (and if Negan and the Scavengers are not connected) then there's a definite literary reference to the three pigs and the Survivors. I'll go with Editorial slip.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Hey diddle diddle...

Yup.

Big Compton

Big Compton

Infected

• Members
Yea I can't believe he deliberately had Derek and Negan say the exact same childish nursery rhyme. IMO that was terrible writing by Kirkman, unless he completely forgot he had already used that line, and in that case it's just plain sloppy.
Yoyoyoyo Big Compton in daaa house, son!

Big Compton

Big Compton

Infected

• Members
Orrr as Dane Bramage said.. It could be an editorial slip, that's probably the most believeable.
Yoyoyoyo Big Compton in daaa house, son!

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!