The Tea

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

wolfefire

wolfefire

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 127 posts
What's up with the tea? They really love that tea.

M-88

M-88

Infected

• Members
  • 78 posts
I think there's marajuana in the tea.

meena76

meena76

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 100 posts
Something uo with the tea. To much focus on out. Don't know if its weed tho.
I heart Rick. Shane had to go.

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationThe Island of Misfit Toys
Sshhhh, we'll have all the conspiracy nuts nattering on like they did about the wine at the CDC. :lol:
The writins' on the wall, there's a bruise on his face. Daddys come and go, mammas on a date.
He's just cold an hungry, playin ain't no fun. And if he ever grows up, he'll get him a gun.

karmaseeds

karmaseeds

Infected

• Members
  • 4 posts
well with all the heads in the water..and the pumps in that room.. think thats the water they are making that yummy tea out of maybe thats what that scientist guy is doing ???

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • 4,268 posts
Told ya! :lol:
The writins' on the wall, there's a bruise on his face. Daddys come and go, mammas on a date.
He's just cold an hungry, playin ain't no fun. And if he ever grows up, he'll get him a gun.

TS-19

TS-19

Infected

• Members
  • 31 posts

rolltiderick

rolltiderick

Infected

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationTuscaloosa. Where the Crystal Balls live.
I think it's their attempt to try and show "southern culture." But if you're from the South you should know... that better be sweet tea.

zomB

zomB

Infected

• Members
  • 23 posts
Mad scientists attempt at zombie juice filtered tea...maybe thinks it could help the disease.

karmaseeds

karmaseeds

Infected

• Members
  • 4 posts
like the girl using the walkers she had as camo, to mask the scent.. maybe the tea is being used in the same way because darels brother merils was the dog that was eatting them in the lab anyone catch that

etphoto

etphoto

Lurker

• Members
  • 420 posts
My guess is its their attempt to immume themselves from bites. They are putting zombie blood in the tea to build up an immunity.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

laurynn

laurynn

Infected

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationConnecticut
I was suspicious about the tea, too, so I googled it and saw this and made an account just to reply. Haha.

Theory 1: It's some sort of drug or lotus flower-esque thing. (Lotus flowers in Greek mythology were a sort of narcotic to induce a dreamy languor to those who ate it so they would lose their desire to leave the island.) Although, I'm not sure why that would be necessary.

Theory 2: What etphoto said, about it being an attempt to immune themselves.

Edited by laurynn, 29 October 2012 - 02:47 AM.

Xfirekeenmike

Xfirekeenmike

Biter

• Banned
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas mcallen area
At first I heard teeth and for a little bit had my brain scrambling why.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Viggo's one and only girl

• Moderators
  • 7,410 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Florida
The tea made me think of Gale and his coffee from Breaking Bad. LOL

If they are putting anything in the tea, I think it could be some type of sedative, to make people more docile or accepting.

etphoto

etphoto

Lurker

• Members
  • 420 posts

If they are putting anything in the tea, I think it could be some type of sedative, to make people more docile or accepting.

Naw, if that was the case the Gov wouldnt be drinking it. He needs a clear head.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

OH NO, MR. BILL! SERENITY DRANK THE KOOL AID!

Posted Image

karmaseeds

karmaseeds

Infected

• Members
  • 4 posts
yeah i googled it to and just joined to.. lol yeah i see what your saying about keeping them all under his control somehow he wants to be king of the kingdom, yeah cause at first the girl wanted there weapons back and at the dinner Andrea drank the tea and Michonne didn't and seems like andrea buying into it

karmaseeds

karmaseeds

Infected

• Members
  • 4 posts
yeah the gov probley wouldn't be drinking it then guess we will have to just wait and see.... i look forward to sundays been awhile since i liked a show like this.. well the rain is starting here in altoona pa just heard it on the windows

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

• Moderators
  • 7,410 posts

OH NO, MR. BILL! SERENITY DRANK THE KOOL AID!

Posted Image

No, it was the tea. :P

Kikora

Kikora

Lurker

• Members
  • 325 posts
To be fair, Backwoods, they did draw focus to it several times, and the comment about Merle eating the experiment certainly was well-timed enough to hint that the scientist's experiment had something to do with something consumable... But someone also pointed out that sweet tea is just culturally important to the south, so it very well could just be a food. No need to freak out every time they eat or drink something

In my opinion, there may be something up with the tea, but I don't think its been mentioned yet. Marijuana and sedatives make people calmer and more passive, the last thing that the Governor would want himself or his guards to drink. He wants these people alert against possible attacks, not drugged up. As for filtered head-tank water... I REALLY doubt it. There wouldn't be any way to filter and sterilize the water contaminated with long-dead corpses well enough to be drinkable, but still retain any kind of immunization from the virus source. Besides, medicine is an exact science, while the tea was passed around like a beverage. If they were using it medically, I think we would have seen some kind of subtle cut off, like, "Only a glass or two now, tea leaves are in short supply."

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationRick Grimes
I noticed the tea, too. I also noticed that when Milton asked Andrea how was the tea, she acted a bit loopy. It is a mystery.

That would be way more interesting to me than Andrea being an idiot yet again. I actually read a fic once where the Governor was drugging Andrea. Have the writers been visiting fanfiction.net?

laurynn

laurynn

Infected

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationConnecticut
They just mentioned it on the Talking Dead!

They basically said it was just an inside joke on set because some unnamed person there drinks tea a lot. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's insignificant in the show.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

• Moderators
  • 7,410 posts
Ok, last week there was a dog food banner link here and now there is a tea link. ^^^^^

Hmmm. :lol:

Edited by Serenity@sea, 29 October 2012 - 03:43 AM.

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • 4,268 posts
The Governor walked into the lab and asked, "Hows the homework coming?"

Myron said something along the lines of, "The dog ate it already."

I believe he was being sarcastic and insulting Merle. I don't think Merle was eating a walker.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members
  • 947 posts

Gale LOL. I really wanted to try his coffee. :( But I agree, I think its just a quirk on the part of the scientist guy. If they were putting something in the tea, something to make them docile would seem most likely. However, people in Woodbury seem to be docile enough if they are willing to be regulated so much in the first place. Drugging the tea seems like overkill lol.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!