Lilly (Cb) Vs Lilly (Vg) Vs Lilly (Novel)

lilly walkind dead novel video game road to woodbury

Gonza_Fes

Gonza_Fes

Lurker

• Members
I just created this topic since i cannot believe what I(and many of us) tough about TWD video game wasnt true... This month Road to woodbury hit the shelfs of many book stores and many people got the book not only because is based in a character of the comic book (that didnt have more than 8 frames during all the prision arc) but who was one of the most important characters in TWD video game...

Now i feel kinda blah about this "canon" thing since it wasnt truth that TWD Lilly was the comic book Lilly... even knowing Kirkman was behind all these projects i think they should be at least clear about this character and her ties with the comic book.... kinda funny that Lilly father form the novel is named Everett Caul... and her bf Lee Hamilton.. and the main character in the vidfeo game is named Lee Everett... coincidence??

Comic Book Lilly
Lilly was an angry brunette woman from Woodbury who participated in the prison assault.
Source wikipedia http://en.wikipedia....he_Walking_Dead

Novel Lilly
She worked for the U.S. Air Force at the Robins Air Base in Georgia. Her father, Everett Ray Caul cared deeply for her, and sacrificed himself to protect Lilly. As time went by they got more and more people to join the group, until there was nearly one hundred survivors, includingJosh Lee Hamilton.
source Walking Dead wikia: http://walkingdead.w..._(Comic_Series)

Video Game Lilly:
"Stationed at Robins Air Force Base, Lilly is the daughter of an Army man. She is used to dealing with pushy military men and immediately takes charge in tough situations. While incredibly strong-willed, she will always submit to her dad (Larry), a grizzled old man with a history of heart problems. Fate will one day drive Lilly to have a huge impact on the life of Deputy Sherriff Rick Grimes."
Source Telltale Walking Dead facebook page (04/06/12)

Novel is canon with comic book:
"I’m very meticulous in working with Jay that every single thing which happens in this novel series is completely canon and dovetails into what you already know in the comic books perfectly."
Robert Kirkman in an interview (10/03/12), source : http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=68164#08z36I0tPrLqYoqV.99

Video game is canon with the comic book
Is this game based on the comic books or the TV show?
We see the comic books as canon.
(FAQ telltale games website)

"It makes sense that the games stay true to the tone and themes of The Walking Dead comics, since both take place within the same canon. The surviving group in the game just happens to live in the same geographical area as the group in the early parts of the comics, something Kirkman said was done "to make sure [the game] had elements of the comic book series and was something that could be important to hardcore Walking Dead fans."
Kirkamn to IGN (08/22/12) http://www.ign.com/a...king-dead-games

I R Biter

I R Biter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSpace City
Huh, that is weird and confusing....doesn't seem like it would be that hard to tie it together, and stay consistent. Well, I think I'm going to consider comic and video game Lilly the same, as I don't care for the novels. I tried reading Rise of the Governer, but couldn't finish it, just not into it.

theTWDfan

theTWDfan

Infected

• Members
I know Kirkman was involved with the game but the writers of the game pretty much went their own paths and somehow it's considered canon. Oh well, at least Lily's occupation at the Air force base remains the same.

Chic

Chic

Roamer

• Members
I will never get how she randomly came out of nowhere and killed three of the most important characters in the comics

Carl_Grimes

Carl_Grimes

Infected

• Members
  • LocationCardiff,UK
This is one of the biggest fuckups in TWD canon-Kirkman def dropped the ball on this.

rexmundi

rexmundi

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia
Wallking Dead is starting to get like Crisis on Infinite Earths. We have the comic universe that syncs with the novel, the tv universe, and the comic book universe that incorporates the videogame. I wish Kirkman would have kept the continuity straight with novel and game though. There was no reason it couldnt have except sheer laziness by those in charge.

dharmazombie42

dharmazombie42

Infected

• Members
I plan on downloading walking dead game today and read up on the characters and Lilly definately seems like someone who I would want in the group and I do actually like her in the comics. So I don't get it.. Can she die in the game? Wouldn't that make the game not canon if she does seeing as she plays a pretty big role in the comic?

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland
I think the issue is they were both (novel and game) in development at the same time, not one before the other, but seriously how hard would it have been to insure continuity between all the mediums!

To me the comic Lily seems to fit best with the game version, but either work as a back story, its just a shame they didnt work it so all three were in continuity with each other...

So I don't get it.. Can she die in the game? Wouldn't that make the game not canon if she does seeing as she plays a pretty big role in the comic?

She doesn't/ Can not die in the game...

DBL2000

DBL2000

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationUK
They should have made the second novel on Alice instead of Lilly. I've not actually read the novel but I know what it's about from these forums and the wiki. The game was showing us the backstory for Lilly so why not let us see some different backstories. They wouldn't even have to change the story that much from what I've read just say she used to be an interior designer (I think she said she was that to Rick but I might be wrong) and if you think about it Lilly and Alice had quite a few similarities. Both lived in Woodbury and probably didn't like The Governor, Alice left with Rick and co and Lilly killed him, at some point both of them played a huge part in Rick's life, Alice delivered Judy and Lilly killed Judy and Lori. I also read Lilly in the novel was quite timid like Alice.

OutLawd

OutLawd

Roamer

• Members
In the comic 106 letter section....

Officially the Lilly from the video game, is not the same Lilly as the comic. The one from the novel IS. BOTH take place in the same universe as the comic, and like most universe their is more than one Lilly.

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere

In the comic 106 letter section....

Officially the Lilly from the video game, is not the same Lilly as the comic. The one from the novel IS. BOTH take place in the same universe as the comic, and like most universe their is more than one Lilly.

I don't care what the fat man says, game Lily = comic Lily to me.

'Rick' Duff

'Rick' Duff

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationAberystwyth, Wales

I agree. Didn't they already say, before the game came out, that it was going to be the same character anyway?

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members

I agree. Didn't they already say, before the game came out, that it was going to be the same character anyway?

They did. Kirkman cornered himself there when he decided he wanted Lily to be in the books too and created two seperate storylines for the same character. I wish he had informed Telltale about that, they could've kept their (far better written) Lilly in the game longer.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
Ugh, makes me sad. Lilly was one of the best written characters in the game, and I saw her as the Lilly from the GN the entire time, and that won't be changing.

The video game is far superior to the novels.... so in my little own world I will still consider video game Lilly as comic book Lilly.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
I still need to get the games. I so don't have enough time for video games anymore and that makes me sad.

I R Biter

I R Biter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSpace City
The games are good, if you get a chance.....it goes pretty quickly......I haven't timed the games, but I finish each chapter in one sitting easily.

And too late to say there are 2 Lilly's now......the connection can't be un-made, lol.

FloydFraggle

FloydFraggle

Infected

• Members
That's stupid, you can't do that. Next he will tell us That Glenn is a different asian pizza delivery driver named Glenn.
Nope. Lilly is Lilly. You can't just retcon a character into a different character.

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland
OK so I read issue 106 of the comic today and in the Letter Hacks section at the back Kirkman has definitively stated the canon relating Lilly...

"Officially, the Lilly from the video game is not the Lilly from the comic. The one from the novel IS. BOTH take place in the same universe as the comic... but its a universe with more than one Lilly".

Hopefully that clears everything up

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members

OK so I read issue 106 of the comic today and in the Letter Hacks section at the back Kirkman has definitively stated the canon relating Lilly...

"Officially, the Lilly from the video game is not the Lilly from the comic. The one from the novel IS. BOTH take place in the same universe as the comic... but its a universe with more than one Lilly".

Hopefully that clears everything up

And like I said in another thread:

Kirkman should've opened his mouth sooner. Telltale could have kept Lilly and Carley/Doug in the game longer if he did.

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland

And like I said in another thread:
[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Kirkman should've opened his mouth sooner. Telltale could have kept Lilly and Carley/Doug in the game longer if he did.

haha... man I said the same thing! think i said in earlier post Lilly in the comic fits with the Lilly in the game... the novel Lilly just doesn't fit with the comic character to me. I know he likes to say people over the country have the same name but really, you gona call the lead for your novel the same name as a key character in the game release months apart? cmon man

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....
VG Lily was Lily from the comics up until the novel was published. Kirkman realized the misstep in the writing of the novel concerning her backstory, and saved face by suddenly claiming that the novel was the accurate medium.

So....yeah, I find that what Kirkman said is totally irrelevant, under this particular circumstance.

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland

VG Lily was Lily from the comics up until the novel was published. Kirkman realized the misstep in the writing of the novel concerning her backstory, and saved face by suddenly claiming that the novel was the accurate medium.

So....yeah, I find that what Kirkman said is totally irrelevant, under this particular circumstance.

Like i said the VG Lilly and Comic Lilly fit... novel Lilly just doesn't fit with the development of the Lilly in the game... Road wasn't a great novel, so I dont consider in canon lol... just my opinion but VG and comic fit

OutLawd

OutLawd

Roamer

• Members
I made a thread bout this and someone deleted it

F you f you buddy

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

F you f you buddy

Calm down. Only a mod or Admin can move a thread.
^^ Look up, since it was the same topic, these topics were merged together.

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland

F you f you buddy

They were merged because this thread had been running for weeks before yours... what you could have done was look what threads were already started before creating a new topic... calm down kid mods just make life easier for us by merging all the topics that are spouting the same stuff.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!