• LocationBack in Gods Country - TEXAS
So so good sweet anticipation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Florida Walker

Florida Walker

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
It has been awhile.......is this story done?
"Forget about yesterday for it will never be again.
Worry about becoming a zombie today
And dream about a safe-zone for tomorrow"

BitBrit

BitBrit

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationNorth West England
Just finished this. Very gripping- I missed my stop last week on the Commute home as I was enthralled!

Off to start your other fan fic

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere

Just finished this. Very gripping- I missed my stop last week on the Commute home as I was enthralled!

Off to start your other fan fic

The Brit's back! One of my very first fans. You've got a lot of catching up to do.

@Florida Walker There's still one or two more chapters to go before I'm ready to lable this story 'finished', but right now I'd like to direct all my attention to AWNW. I'll finish this story some day, though.

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere

Author's note: This epilogue was included in the complete e-book version I gave away of both AWNW Vol 1 and Journey. I figured, I might as well post it on here too, 

Epilogue

Reunited, the survivors from Georgia and Texas sit around a fire in a steel barrel on the metro platform underground. They were joined by the two men who brought their friend back to them, Dante and Sander. Night had fallen outside, and Alex shut down the generators to spare energy. This meant that the electricity was off on the gate, so the new guys were volunteered to be on the lookout.

“I’m sure your folks’re all right,” Jonah says as he rasies his waterbottle up above the fire, “I didn’t find my dad, neither. But I know he’s still alive ta this day, so if that ol’ bastard made it, who’s ta say yours didn’t?” Jett thanks him. Jonah’s kind words couldn’t reassure his suspicions, but it is nice to know that he cares. “To Marc!” Jonah raises his bottle up higher. The rest follow his lead, except for Dante and Sander. They feel it would be out of place for them to salute a dead man they don’t know. Everyone takes a sip.

Shaun removes the bottle from his mouth. “To Marc, and the others we lost to get here. Rest in peace, Jake. We miss you.”

Cassy slowly nods her head in agreement. “Amen,” she takes another sip, “we miss ya a lot.”

The light from the campfire bounces off of Akira’s katana. He looks at it before he says his piece. “To Andrew, to Henry, to Jennifer, and Jebediah.”

Jonah feels a little mad at Akira for not mentioning his friends. “Russell, Connor,” he adds and the conversation dies down.

Dante stands up and excuses himself. He walks over to the uncharged door. He takes the last cigarette he had from his pocket and lights it. He takes a long drag and notices Jett is now standing next to him, his hands in his pockets and hunched over. “You don’t want to be with your friends?” He asks.

Jett shrugs his shoulders while his hands remain in his pockets. “I’m happy to have them back, but… My best friend died a few days ago. And my parents are probably dead too.”

Dante blows out some smoke. “Welcome to the club.”

“Hey-“

“- Don’t take that the wrong way. I’m sorry for your loss. But people have died, and many more are going to. If you want to survive yourself, then you need to accept that.”

Jett simply stares at the wall. “That’s not exactly a great pep talk.”

“Nothing I could say would ‘pep’ you up. I-“ Dante stops talking when he hears a high pitched whistle outside. It is a familiar sound. He can hear loud, yet distant, gunshots. “You hear that?”

Shaun and Cassy had already reared their heads and perked their ears. “Mortar fire,” Shaun says, “I’ll never forget that sound.”

“I’ll go check it out,” Dante suggests. He walks up to Jonah. “Can I borrow your crossbow for a while?”

Jonah hands Mary to him. “There better not be any scratches on ‘er.”

Dante opened the door. “Jett, can you come with me? Some fresh air might do you good.” Dante doesn’t give Jett time to answer and pushes him ahead. “You guys keep an eye on this door. We won’t be long.”

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!