Carol: "sorry!"

Funny

ScottoftheDead

ScottoftheDead

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa
Carols greatest line yet, when she nearly shoots Ricks foot off. :Boomstick_by_Preamp:

Johnny

Johnny

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationPennsylvania USA
That was a good one!
"We have met the enemy and he is us."--the late comic strip artist Walt Kelly

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys
Yeah, pre Zpoc almost accidentally shooting someone is a big deal. Post Zpoc it's just another day on the job. :lol:

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

Creeper

Creeper

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
She didn't sound super sorry either! :lol: Possibly she had been playing catch with him and thrown the ball way over his head. Whoops.

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members

She didn't sound super sorry either!{snip}

Yeah, I kind of thought that, too. I thought she was still on the "Rick is dangerous and can't be our leader" train of thought, but then within a few hours she's telling Daryl (?) how impressed she is with his leadership. Kind of like they (the writers) intended to have some hostility there, but then dropped it.

Creeper

Creeper

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
I didn't actually get a hostile feeling from it. More like "I'm trying my best and I didn't mean to so deal with it." Maybe? Everyone's tired and grumpy and stressed out.

ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationItaly
I think Carol will actually become one of my favorites!
"The day you can kill me is the day that don't exist"

ScottoftheDead

ScottoftheDead

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa
With the exception for Lori, the group seems to be working together for sure.

Perhaps they were trying to show how fatigued everyone was. Glad Carol isnt question the Rickster anymore.

babyMOMMAdrama

babyMOMMAdrama

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania
Yeah I don't think that was done on purpose. Long range shot with people running all over the place. She probably just had no idea Rick would be running into her crosshairs and didn't react fast enough.

I thought that was there for a light chuckle and little irony, since Rick said she had become a pretty good shot.

tumblr_m1rp5h24o21qkfmjl.gif

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
Yeah, I thought it was a "Whoops, my bad" kind of moment. The more confident Carol can laugh at herself.

I really think they showed the right amount of growth with Carol. If they had showed her making head shots right and left, it would have been unrealistic and I can imagine the meltdown from a lot of the Carol haters.

Watkins

Watkins

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationAlabama
I like the new Carol, without Sophia being around to hold her back she's been able to step up and be a benefit to the group. As for the "Sorry" I think it was such a casual sorry because it probably happened somewhere over the course of the time lapse
The Rise of The Governor

Chic

Chic

Roamer

• Members

With the exception for Lori, the group seems to be working together for sure.

Perhaps they were trying to show how fatigued everyone was. Glad Carol isnt question the Rickster anymore.

You can't blame Lori; she's like, 8 and a half months pregnant, she's worried that the baby might be a zombie and it just so happens that her husband, child and everyone around her hates her...Not to mention she DID kill a few walkers

BigEd

BigEd

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMassachusetts
Cannot really blame Carol for friendly fire. Not enough experience.

Rick is running and weaving his way through the walkers - Uphill from Carol. Carol is shooting at walkers trying to put them down before they get to Rick. Carol was aiming at a target and not aiming at Rick. Rick crosses over farther down range and Carol nearly hits Rick.

Shit happens.

Zombie_killer

Zombie_killer

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationHampshire, UK
It did amuse me, the casual sorry. I quite liked Carol in this episode though - she's changed and is coming out of her shell.

Walker_Slayer

Walker_Slayer

Lurker

• Members

You can't blame Lori; she's like, 8 and a half months pregnant, she's worried that the baby might be a zombie and it just so happens that her husband, child and everyone around her hates her...Not to mention she DID kill a few walkers

I absolutely can and will blame Lori. She's pregnant because of her own mistakes. She has nobody to blame but herself. After all, it takes two to tango. And as for everyone around her hating her, she did that to herself too.

Yeah, I thought it was a "Whoops, my bad" kind of moment. The more confident Carol can laugh at herself.

I really think they showed the right amount of growth with Carol. If they had showed her making head shots right and left, it would have been unrealistic and I can imagine the meltdown from a lot of the Carol haters.

To be honest, with having 7 months to train she really should be better at aiming by now. If she wasn't training to shoot during those 7 months then what was she doing?

Cannot really blame Carol for friendly fire. Not enough experience.

Rick is running and weaving his way through the walkers - Uphill from Carol. Carol is shooting at walkers trying to put them down before they get to Rick. Carol was aiming at a target and not aiming at Rick. Rick crosses over farther down range and Carol nearly hits Rick.

Shit happens.

Same as above. If she can't get better at aiming and checking the area around where she plans to shoot after 7 months of training then she really has no business holding a gun much less shooting one. After all, not everyone needs a gun and let's face it they don't all have unlimited ammo like Hershel.

Speaking of limited ammo. Why haven't they started making/using bows? It's a lot quieter to use a bow and arrows/new bows are easy to make/replace.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

She has nobody to blame but herself. After all, it takes two to tango.

I got a chuckle out of this line. :lol: ;)

Trillian

Trillian

Biter

• Members

I think Carol will actually become one of my favorites!

Me, too! And actually, having watched season 2 again and having seen some of the deleted scenes from season 2, I even like her season 2 character better than I did the first time through.

Beware, I am emoticon-impaired.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

To be honest, with having 7 months to train she really should be better at aiming by now. If she wasn't training to shoot during those 7 months then what was she doing?

Same as above. If she can't get better at aiming and checking the area around where she plans to shoot after 7 months of training then she really has no business holding a gun much less shooting one. After all, not everyone needs a gun and let's face it they don't all have unlimited ammo like Hershel.

Speaking of limited ammo. Why haven't they started making/using bows? It's a lot quieter to use a bow and arrows/new bows are easy to make/replace.

As you mentioned, they didn't have a lot of ammo for gun training and that draws walkers, anyway. It seems to me that the majority of training they did was with melee weapons.

babyMOMMAdrama

babyMOMMAdrama

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania

As you mentioned, they didn't have a lot of ammo for gun training and that draws walkers, anyway. It seems to me that the majority of training they did was with melee weapons.

Agreed.

However, Rick did state that she had become a pretty good shot so for the reasons you mentioned(noise, low ammo) that leads me to believe that Carol had some successful experiences with guns during their winter scavenging period in real strike team situations.

tumblr_m1rp5h24o21qkfmjl.gif

Walker_Slayer

Walker_Slayer

Lurker

• Members

Speaking of which... When they were clearing the yard. How did all the gunfire not draw more walkers from the surrounding areas outside the prison? They showed someone, I forget who, but somebody was standing on top of what looked like an overturned prison bus looking out the "front?" gate later that night and apparently no zombies were walking around the outside.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

Speaking of which... When they were clearing the yard. How did all the gunfire not draw more walkers from the surrounding areas outside the prison? They showed someone, I forget who, but somebody was standing on top of what looked like an overturned prison bus looking out the "front?" gate later that night and apparently no zombies were walking around the outside.

Well, it did sound like they were tracking the herds, so there probably wasn't one within earshot. I'm sure that there will be more walkers headed that way, if they stay there for any length of time.

scarylala

scarylala

Roamer

• Members
  • Locationin the back of a van somewhere....
haha yeah i loved the way she says it so calmly as if its an afterthought haha
you only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan

Agreed.

However, Rick did state that she had become a pretty good shot so for the reasons you mentioned(noise, low ammo) that leads me to believe that Carol had some successful experiences with guns during their winter scavenging period in real strike team situations.

And Carol was bothered by the kick back of the rifle. Her shooting success may have been with a handgun and not a rifle. Maggie, Beth, Lori, Glenn and T-Dog joined in with handguns after Rick was safe in the tower.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

Nightmare

Nightmare

Roamer

• Members
I got a very hostile feel from it.
Image sigs should be allowed.

BigEd

BigEd

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMassachusetts

Rick did state that she had become a pretty good shot

Rick was building Carol's confidence/morale. It adds to one's focus/concentration to the task at hand.

Carol's inexperience of friendly fire was rationlized by her comment to herself "Sorry!".

Rick maintained his coolness when it happened. He only glanced back, and then proceeded towards the gate. I do not believe Rick knows exactly who shot at him.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!