Barl (Beth + Carl)

Beth Carl sophia beth carl relationship

fra0kie0192

fra0kie0192

Infected

• Members
On the walking dead wiki it says that Beth is Carl's crush under Carl's "relationships" that how i found out about them being a possible couple.

mr teaspoon

mr teaspoon

Roamer

• Members

Gross to us. But we don't live in an apocalyptic world, where our chances for breeding have been severely diminished.

Nope, sorry, the show has not earned the benefit of the doubt on logic like that.

J4m4ic4n

J4m4ic4n

S-mart Employee

• Members
the people who are calling it gross, what would be less gross for beth? t-dog? daryl? oscar? axel? all dudes pushing 50.
Carl has even less of a choice.
seems like this is the only logical pairing lol

dogwalker

dogwalker

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEssex/ London
Waaaay too much of an age gap. She's 17 in the show and he's 13. Imagine if the guy was 17 and the girl was 13? Not good!

People are saying it's the ZA blah blah. Well just because their options are limited they are still going to be picky ;p. I do think it's a harmless crush on Carl's part, most girls Beth's age tend to like older guys (which is also a dangerous path..)

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

the people who are calling it gross, what would be less gross for beth? t-dog? daryl? oscar? axel? all dudes pushing 50.
Carl has even less of a choice.
seems like this is the only logical pairing lol

Beth and Axel. Yummy. Now that's a pair the shippers will be psyched about lol

J4m4ic4n

J4m4ic4n

S-mart Employee

• Members
btw, juliet was 13. romeo was pushing 20. just saying :D

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

btw, juliet was 13. romeo was pushing 20. just saying :D

It would only be weird if he was 21. 20 I can handle.

J4m4ic4n

J4m4ic4n

S-mart Employee

• Members

It would only be weird if he was 21. 20 I can handle.

well people are saying that it's gross that carl is 13 and beth is 16

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

well people are saying that it's gross that carl is 13 and beth is 16

Oh I know. We should implement a color for sarcasm here.

All I know that if I was 16/17 and a 13 year old boy was crushing on me, I'd think it's cute, but that was it. Most girls look up in age when it comes to guys, not down. Except for cougars but that's a totally different story.

J4m4ic4n

J4m4ic4n

S-mart Employee

• Members

All I know that if I was 16/17 and a 13 year old boy was crushing on me, I'd think it's cute, but that was it. Most girls look up in age when it comes to guys, not down. Except for cougars but that's a totally different story.

most, not all. I dated a 9th grade girl when I was in 7th grade. All people are different in this world and we don't know enough about beth to infer what turns her on.

shrike

shrike

Roamer

• Members
A couple of looks doesn't make it a romance yet....give it time and let them grow older

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
True enough. I just don't see it happening, that's all.

J4m4ic4n

J4m4ic4n

S-mart Employee

• Members

True enough. I just don't see it happening, that's all.

i don't see it either. but hey, after they turned daryl from tough badass into supermom last episode, anything is possible i guess

meesha1971

meesha1971

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationKentucky

I agree. That's the vibe I'm getting from Beth on the show as well. She is around 4 years older than Carl and she treats him like a kid - reprimanding him for talking back to his mom, etc... I think she realizes he has a crush on her and thinks it's cute, but her behavior suggests that she sees him as more of a younger brother than a romantic interest. If Beth is going to have a crush or develop romantic feelings for anyone, I think it would be more likely to be someone like Daryl or Rick - also not going to happen because of the age difference, but teenage girls are more likely to fantasize about guys who are older than them than boys younger than them.

I don't think Beth is really thinking about romance or sexual relationships at this point though. She got really annoyed with Maggie when she listed Jimmy among the people who would be hurt if Beth killed herself because they had dated for a few months. The problems they encountered while Lori was pregnant - and any problems that occur with the baby now - are probably the best deterrents for a teenage girl to put romance on the back burner and concentrate on surviving first. Though I wouldn't be surprised if there are cute boys closer to her own age - perhaps slightly older - in Woodbury that make her consider the possibility.

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere

i don't see it either. but hey, after they turned daryl from tough badass into supermom last episode, anything is possible i guess

Doubt there are fangirls screaming for a Beth/Carl romance, though. Daryl being a supermom was only put in to get an 'aaaw-moment' from said fangirls.

PleaseKillCarl

PleaseKillCarl

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.

haha i concur

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

T-Dogg is not pushing 50. He's pushing daises.

J4m4ic4n

J4m4ic4n

S-mart Employee

• Members

T-Dogg is not pushing 50. He's pushing daises.

you're right, that mistake obviously changes the tide of the whole argument. Beth actually has lots of choices!

cooper56

cooper56

S-mart Employee

• Members

I think Beth was just amused at Carl's obvious crush. She is supposed to be 16 (maybe 17 after the time jump). I HIGHLY doubt she has any romantic interest in Carl. I think it was supposed to be 'cute' and not anything more. I really don't even understand why it's getting as much attention as it is. :zombirolleye:

We dont want carl to be forever alone! Since sophia died he does not have much options and you only live so long i dont think there are many people his age so 3 years is nothing in difference when he likely wont find anyone near his age against for a while.

Team Shane

Team Shane

Infected

• Members
  • LocationDallas, NC
I guess I am the lone one here, but I see nothing wrong with it. Beth seems a little sheltered and maybe slightly immature for her age, and Carl has definitely matured up this season.
Even if they did meet up with a group that had 16/17 yr olds in it, I would imagine they would be way too mature for her too in the post ZA world.

And I know from my early teen years, you can be sweethearts without any sexual stuff going on.

Thier little crush reminds me of reading the story of Anne Frank. Even with everything falling apart around her, she still was a teen girl, and had her a little crush too.

JimmyTWD

JimmyTWD

Infected

• Members
I ship it!

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land
To be honest I can't beleive the woman who plays beth (sorry can't remember name) is like 27 or something. She looks 17 at most.
Tread Lightly

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
I know and it's not even like she has a baby face. She just looks like a little (or teenage) girl , turns out she's almost 30 :o

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land

I know and it's not even like she has a baby face. She just looks like a little (or teenage) girl , turns out she's almost 30 :o

It's Ridiculous, she must get ID'd all the time.

Tread Lightly

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand

It's Ridiculous, she must get ID'd all the time.

Definitely , I'm not sure it's humanely possible for someone to look that young and be pushing 30. I demand a birth certificate

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!