Barl (Beth + Carl)

Beth Carl sophia beth carl relationship

Rick's Hat

Rick's Hat

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOver here going through your stuff

I don't really like this pairing - reminds me of Anakin Skywalker and Princess what's-her-name from Star Wars prequel episode 1 - just doesnt make sense based on age difference - he's what, 12-13 tops and she's at least 18 ... 5-6 years doesn't sound like much, but developmentally at those particular ages it's night and day ... if show continues a few more YEARS (in show time) it would make more sense

Ha, that's the first thing I thought of too!

Crazy has come to town for a visit!!

CreepMeOut

CreepMeOut

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationToronto
I just don't see anything happening between the two. He's just entering his teen years and shes soon to be exiting from them. I don't even see a future relationship develop either because
Spoiler

GoKillZombies

GoKillZombies

Lurker

• Members
I dont read the comic but here goes my prediction. Carl will save Beths life...a short flirtmance will ensue. Then they will meet up with a new group of people...and she will move on to one of the new guys....leaving Carl crushed by his teenage angst. He will act out and we will see some real world parenting by Rick and Lori....possibly moving those two closer together. An after Lori "dumps" Carl...she will soon die.

Watkins

Watkins

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationAlabama

Probably? There is some doubt in your mind?

I was just trying to get my point across
The Rise of The Governor

Walker_Slayer

Walker_Slayer

Lurker

• Members

Semi related personal story in regards to protective fathers.

My Grandmaster in Chinese Kempo called a few of us up one day to "come over for a few beers and hang out".
He is a really cool guy that we all really looked up to, and he had all kinds of stories, and you never heard the same one twice. So we all were like hell ya we will be over in a little bit, so after class got out we went over and had a few beers, and he starts going through his gun safe showing us all of his goodies. So here we are, 4 of his top students, and Professor and a table full of guns. And in walks his daughter who happened to be visiting, and......wait for it.......the new troublemaker boyfriend. He had us over for more than just a few beers, lets just say that. The visit from his daughter was planned in advance, and we all just happened to be there with a small arsenal laid out on the table. I laughed about it all the way home....

HAH! I've actually been on the receiving end of something very similar to that when I was a teen.

But as for Carl/Beth.. I really don't think it would be a good idea for the two to hook up. Firstly, because girls mature way faster then most boys. Secondly, cause she is way out of his league. And lastly, because of the real life age differences.

Jon W

Jon W

Lurker

• Members

I was just trying to get my point across

Well, if you are trying to get your original point across, correct spelling and grammar help (you misspelled masturbate).

Second... dude, you are in polite company. You could have stated that Carl is probably too young to be sexually active, which means mostly the same thing and isn't quite so crass.

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia
I don't get why everyone is making a big deal out of a possible relationship with Beth and Carl. The real world is gone. He's supposed to be 13 and she's like 16. Only a 3 year difference and it's not like they're going to start having sex or anything right away. You also need to consider that he's going to be way more mature mentally now compared to most boys his age. We can already see it. I think it's a fun light aspect to the show.

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
Well I think Caril will listen to Beth. She was the only one to get throught to him when he was back-talking his mother.

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOttawa
The possible relationship between Carl and Beth is nonsense. He likes her. Of course he does, any kid that age would crush on her. That's normal. Her being nice to him and thinking his crush is cute is also normal. But seriously? Any girl her age isn't crushing on Carl. For one, she lost Jimmy in a brutal way only a few months back. For two, if she's crushing at all it would be for a grown man, not a boy. And that grown man would also think her crush was adorable and not be interested, since the only available grown men are the far older Daryl (who may have Carol) and T-Dog. Just one more reason life sucks in the apocalypse.

ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationItaly
I don't see Beth and Carl becoming a couple. I think they will just be good friends
"The day you can kill me is the day that don't exist"

mr teaspoon

mr teaspoon

Roamer

• Members

I think it was supposed to be 'cute' and not anything more. I really don't even understand why it's getting as much attention as it is.

Me neither, it's just weird.

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
We'll see. I think Beth has gotten over Jimmy. It's been over 7 months.

JammedGlock

JammedGlock

Infected

• Members
It's clearly Ceth and not Barl!

we here on the forum made the point that Carl was looking at Beth's rear view when they were running between the fences... and he was, and things led from that.

Seriously now. I think maybe people are reading too much into small details like this. There's a difference between characters and the actors playing them. It's like joking about 30 Rock's MILF Island. Q: Sweet episode. Wonder how they could afford to hire all those actor extras though. A: Actors? We just went to a local middle school and rounded up the lunchroom. Q: Fair enough. But how did the producers manage to convince shy kids to gawk at the women on set? A: Convince to gawk? We just told them to do their algebra homework.

Now I'm sure Mr. Riggs is a profesional and it's entirely plausible that the writers intended it. But he's what, thirteen or fourteen? Miss Kinney's "rear view" is getting looked at whether it was in the script or not.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

Barl = Beth + Carl.

The looks she was shooting his way. And the way he was hanging around in her cell. I think Hershel noticed.

Internesting ship.

Absolutely. Got to get working on re-populating the Earth!

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

I don't really like this pairing - reminds me of Anakin Skywalker and Princess what's-her-name from Star Wars prequel episode 1 - just doesnt make sense based on age difference - he's what, 12-13 tops and she's at least 18 ... 5-6 years doesn't sound like much, but developmentally at those particular ages it's night and day ... if show continues a few more YEARS (in show time) it would make more sense

Anakin was a whiney baby (even after Padme married him). Carl would have bitch-slapped him and sent him home to mama.

I think Padme had a fetish.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned
Honestly, what ARE Beth's prospects? All the men are either taken or related to her. Oh, T-Dog's available.

Carl is a good prospect for Beth. He's the leader's son. Lots of status there, and he's good with a gun.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

HAH! I've actually been on the receiving end of something very similar to that when I was a teen.

But as for Carl/Beth.. I really don't think it would be a good idea for the two to hook up. Firstly, because girls mature way faster then most boys.

Okay, THAT is a myth. Every bit as much as cannibal zombies.

Secondly, cause she is way out of his league. And lastly, because of the real life age differences.

See my post about Beth's prospects. Given the group she is currently in, Carl would be a great 'catch'.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

Semi related personal story in regards to protective fathers.

My Grandmaster in Chinese Kempo called a few of us up one day to "come over for a few beers and hang out".
He is a really cool guy that we all really looked up to, and he had all kinds of stories, and you never heard the same one twice. So we all were like hell ya we will be over in a little bit, so after class got out we went over and had a few beers, and he starts going through his gun safe showing us all of his goodies. So here we are, 4 of his top students, and Professor and a table full of guns. And in walks his daughter who happened to be visiting, and......wait for it.......the new troublemaker boyfriend. He had us over for more than just a few beers, lets just say that. The visit from his daughter was planned in advance, and we all just happened to be there with a small arsenal laid out on the table. I laughed about it all the way home....

LOL. Cool story. I think you are right. A message was defintely being sent.

fra0kie0192

fra0kie0192

Infected

• Members
​ OK, is it just me or in this season it seems like Beth is replacing Sophia. Like Carl now has a crush on Beth C'mon i didnt really like sophia(but i do wish that carol would have died instead of her) but i really dont like beth! I wish that like the governor found sophia and there was a girl who looked like sophia living in that camp or whatever and he like switched there cloths and let the other girl get bit and released her near the woods since daryl's brother told the governor about there group and u know how the governor wants to eliminate other survivors for there supplies since he told him about sophia he used the girl that looked like sophia as bait to try to find them then like andrea sees sophia and escapes with her and michonne idk. ik that never going to happen but i really wish that carl would stay with sophia or single lol. defnetly not beth. Tell me what u guys thing about this topic.

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
I actually like Beth, but the problem is they aren't doing very much with her at all. Really not sure what is going to happen..I don't really see Carl/Beth as an "item". I'm sure she'd still view him as a little boy/brother.

fra0kie0192

fra0kie0192

Infected

• Members

I actually like Beth, but the problem is they aren't doing very much with her at all. Really not sure what is going to happen..I don't really see Carl/Beth as an "item". I'm sure she'd still view him as a little boy/brother.

That true they also didnt develop or show character evolution for eighther sophia or beth since there not really "main characters" but what ever happens, happens we cant do anything about it.

DoctorManhattan89

DoctorManhattan89

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationPittsburgh
Sophia had no characterization at all while Beth has had some so there's that. Also I find that scenario with the Governor to be pretty ridiculous to be honest and I would be willing to almost guarantee that doesn't happen.
"We're all puppets Laurie, I'm just a puppet who can see the strings."

MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets

Infected

• Members

I don't really see Carl/Beth as an "item". I'm sure she'd still view him as a little boy/brother.

Anakin looked way younger than Padme in Episode I, just saying :smiley-confused002:

fra0kie0192

fra0kie0192

Infected

• Members

Sophia had no characterization at all while Beth has had some so there's that. Also I find that scenario with the Governor to be pretty ridiculous to be honest and I would be willing to almost guarantee that doesn't happen.

ik it never going to happen it was just an idea that popped into my head.

fra0kie0192

fra0kie0192

Infected

• Members

Anakin looked way younger than Padme in Episode I, just saying :smiley-confused002:

that true also lol hope carl and beth dont have the same faith as them.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!