The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 1 Review

season 3 seed review poll

The Walking Dead 301- SEED Rate And Review (192 )

Overall, what did you think of tonights episode?

1. Excellent (146 [76.04%] - )

76.04%

2. Good - Some Critiques (40 [20.83%] - )

20.83%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (4 [2.08%] - )

2.08%

4. Poor (2 [1.04%] - )

1.04%

Watkins

Watkins

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationAlabama
It still kills me when their guns don't kick. Other than that I thought it was an excellent episode.
The Rise of The Governor

tcman50

tcman50

Infected

• Members
epic gore fest, tv never looked so good!

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
Spoiler

Knew as soon as Hershel got bitten he would get the amputation.

preview talk:

Spoiler

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah
For some reason I was expecting this to be a two hour or at least a 90 minute long season opener, guess not. After "holy shit" that was it... then I sat around through the usual B.S. commercials and ah okay ... wait, what? Showing the same episode again? HUH?

Pacing was good and effects were top-notch as always. Pretty cool on the gas-mask walker, yeah I'll say that got a visceral reaction out of me.
No explanation as to what was wrong with Andrea, just that she was weak, sick but not what was wrong or anything. Michonne ... definitely not enough screen time (yet).
I wouldn't have killed an owl, no matter how hungry I was, if I'm superstitious in anyway it's about killing owls.
Anyway, it all seemed a bit rushed but then an hour long episode does explain that.
Lori seems to be trying.
Carl... turning into a bad assed little kid. But with him and Beth hooking up... uh. Schoolboy crush is all I can say about it and older teenage indulgence on her part.
Nice bonding on Glenn and Maggie.

Overall a good episode... just not long enough IMO for a season opener.

It still kills me when their guns don't kick. Other than that I thought it was an excellent episode.

Yeah that also needs to be corrected for sure. Carol complained about the recoil, but didn't show it.

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

Kevin

Kevin

Infected

• Members
Carol has gotten to a little bad-ass herself! Liked her line when she nearly shot Rick with her AK-47: "Sorry" LOL

pat5800

pat5800

S-mart Employee

• Members

Totally called Carl/Beth. I mean come on every other dude is twice her age and if she don't wanna hook up Carl would have been screwed.

i was whatching the NYCC panel and i thought he was joking
Check out my Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.c...bc?feature=mhee

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen
Great ep. Better than season two premier and better than most season two episodes in general. Dark, brutal, and danger lurking around every corner. Sorry, but season two looked like it had been made on the cheap (whether it was or not). This ep was loaded with walkers and the sets were damn creepy. The prison's interior shots were freakin creepy, even without walkers. The small town where Michonne and Andrea were hiding looked like a town devastated by a ZA. Also a bit disturbing how the group's becoming more callous about putting down walkers. Thumbs way up.

My one gripe is that the premier should have been two hours. We needed see more about Michonne and Andrea.

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

rumblepup

rumblepup

The Puppetmaster

• Administrators

Riot Gear zombies!

This was....unexpected. I thought it was awesome, especially them trying to figure out how skull them.

Watkins

Watkins

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationAlabama

Spoiler

It would be ironic too because of how Lori and the rest of the group for that matter is relying on Herschel to deliver the baby
The Rise of The Governor

pat5800

pat5800

S-mart Employee

• Members

Great ep. Better than season two premier and better than most season two episodes in general. Dark, brutal, and danger lurking around every corner. Sorry, but season two looked like it had been made on the cheap (whether it was or not). The prison's interior shots were freakin creepy, even without walkers. Also a bit disturbing how the group's becoming more callous about putting down walkers. Thumbs way up.

My one gripe is that the premier should have been two hours. We needed see more about Michonne and Andrea.

i would have liked a 2 hour premiere but i feel like it would be rushed and have less to speculate about

Kevin

Kevin

Infected

• Members
Riot Gear Zombies... Great name for a rock band!

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.

I noticed Tony Moore was listed as a creator in the credits. Was he last season?

Yup, since season 1

I hope the man with the curvy moustache wasn't axel..
     “Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGeorgia
I laughed because of the fact that this one episode covered more than Season 2 in a whole and was 10x better than Season 2.

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....
Absolutely loved the premiere. Couldn't have been any better :)

Carol and Daryl had an....interesting.....scene. lol

Watkins

Watkins

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationAlabama
What else I noticed is how would the riot gear zombies be able to kill you? That can't bite you because of the masks and they can't scratch because of the gloves
The Rise of The Governor

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys

Totally called Carl/Beth. I mean come on every other dude is twice her age and if she don't wanna hook up Carl would have been screwed.

It seems logical. I don't know what age Beth is supposed to be, but she is written as being more of a kid herself than an adult. Since Carl is the only one remotely near her own age apart from Glenn and Maggie it seems natural for Carl to have a crush on her. Especially since Sophia got chomped on. I hope she isn't a red shirt.

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

OutLawd

OutLawd

Roamer

• Members
Calling it now. Tyrease is one of the prisoners. 4 in the comic book, 5 on the show. :)

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
Loved the new intro and credits. They removed the pictures. That will make it easier to change as characters die. I also loved how Norman Reedus' name came up between two arrows. Very nice!

I really liked clearing the courtyard, especially Rick running to close the gate.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

CalicoJack

CalicoJack

Infected

• Members
Great way to start off the season. Felt like everyone got a decent amount of screentime, and it looks like this season is going to be awesome. T-dog was killing it with the shield fire poker combo!

pat5800

pat5800

S-mart Employee

• Members

Calling it now. Tyrease is one of the prisoners. 4 in the comic book, 5 on the show. :)

im claming half calls on that well split the bragging 50/50

Deadwalk23

Deadwalk23

Infected

• Members
Does anyone know what Daryl killing the owl and plucking it's feathers may have symbolized?

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes
Not enough Andrea.

The flirting scene with Daryl and Carol made me feel unholy.

pat5800

pat5800

S-mart Employee

• Members

Does anyone know what Daryl killing the owl and plucking it's feathers may have symbolized?

no

OooDarylooO

OooDarylooO

Infected

• Members

What else I noticed is how would the riot gear zombies be able to kill you? That can't bite you because of the masks and they can't scratch because of the gloves

I wondered the same thing!

justvic77

justvic77

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationNashville, TN
I think the Carl/Beth angle is a good analogue for some events in the comic. I was thinking to myself also earlier today that with Chandler Riggs already being 13, he's going to grow up a lot faster on the show than in the book. Having Beth around would definately be more an age appropriate relationship.

And risking sounding like Gul Madred (and an uber nerd), but tell me, do you see 5 prisoners?
The first step is the one you believe in, the second one might be profound.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!