Issue #102 Synopsis And Review

- - - - - comic issue 102 spoiler spoiler-pants city

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony
Thanks to Gonza_Fes for posting this in another thread. I just thought I'd separate it from the speculation.

Issue #102 Spoiler:

"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4
Thanks for the link. I stopped myself from reading...though I love my spoilers, I'm telling myself I can make it one more day. Sigh.
Jon is fine, dammit.

spencerisnotgoingdie

spencerisnotgoingdie

Infected

• Members
uhhhhh no spencer in this issue i guess.....

brain baker

brain baker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationcuffed to a roof

uhhhhh no spencer in this issue i guess.....

There is a Spencer fan fic up, you could get your Spencer fix that way.

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

There is a Spencer fan fic up, you could get your Spencer fix that way.

Ha!!! If it's the same one I'm thinking of, that was one helluva fanfic. Well, it was...something... :huh:
Jon is fine, dammit.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
Not a big surprise that not much happens in this issue and it dont seem like we get any solid confermation on Jesus or anything with the Saviors or the Hilltop. We dont even get to see Negan again this kinda sucks.....

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....

Not a big surprise that not much happens in this issue and it dont seem like we get any solid confermation on Jesus or anything with the Saviors or the Hilltop. We dont even get to see Negan again this kinda sucks.....

Be patient....

josh is a walker

josh is a walker

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCambridgeshrie, UK

sometimes the tension is built up better when you DONT see the main bad guy for a while (e.g. most slasher horror films, monster films etc)

Bored? Got nothing better to do? Have a nose through my Autograph Collection:
https://www.facebook...raphadventures/

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
Well, we've waited five weeks since the last issue. And four to five weeks before that. They really spoil us with those double issue months...
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
Just read the issue. Everything from the synopsis is spot-on. There's really not too much new to discuss.

Spoiler

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Spoiler

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers
I didn't read the synopsis because I wanted to wait for the issue. I've decided that aside from the covers, I'm going to stay away from comic spoilers.

Anyway, yeah, not a lot of action, but I liked the interchange and 1 on 1 discussions between Rick and the others - especially with Michonne and Carl. Nice to see Michonne talk about her feelings of guilt about the prison massacre. Also, really enjoyed the exchange in the kitchen with Carl. He really looked and acted like an adult.

Also, like IFY_Axel said, if Jesus turns out not to be trustworthy, Rick is fucked. Despite the talk, it's not something I've really worried about, though. I'll definitely be interested to see how it pans out...

edit: I changed the title of the topic, so you guys won't have to mess with the spoiler tags.

Agent Piltdown

Agent Piltdown

Infected

• Members
  • LocationChester, England
That discussion with Michonne was my favorite bit really, what she had to say was interesting and it never occured to me she may have thought she backed the Governor into a corner.

Aside from that not really what I was hoping to see, having Rick (apparently) cowed so. Seeing Negan dominate the group and randomly kill people on a whim isn't what I want to wait to see in future issues but I've learnt to expect the unexpected, maybe this will be interesting all the same.

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators

edit: I changed the title of the topic, so you guys won't have to mess with the spoiler tags.

Thanks, Gracie. I was going to suggest that, so we don't have too many threads dedicated to one issue. We already have a speculation thread, a spoiler synopsis thread, and a review thread would have made three.

And no Spencer is terrible! Also...

Is this Gabriel? Because if it is, he looks rather...feminine. :smiley-confused002:

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

That discussion with Michonne was my favorite bit really, what she had to say was interesting and it never occured to me she may have thought she backed the Governor into a corner.

Aside from that not really what I was hoping to see, having Rick (apparently) cowed so. Seeing Negan dominate the group and randomly kill people on a whim isn't what I want to wait to see in future issues but I've learnt to expect the unexpected, maybe this will be interesting all the same.

I had never really thought much about it either, Piltdown, until I saw someone mention it recently. I thought it was very well done.

IFY_Axel, I was wondering who that random chick was, as well. It seemed like an odd shot because my eye was drawn to her at first.

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes
The best part was Spencer creeping in the background several times.

I agree, great insight into Michonne. I really wish they'd let her open herself up a little bit more. Every time she does everything she says is incredibly fascinating. Such a complex character.

I'm guessing Rick isn't getting any sex tonight.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

Thanks, Gracie. I was going to suggest that, so we don't have too many threads dedicated to one issue. We already have a speculation thread, a spoiler synopsis thread, and a review thread would have made three.

And no Spencer is terrible! Also...

Is this Gabriel? Because if it is, he looks rather...feminine. :smiley-confused002:

I am surprised this picture hasn't come up more. Who the hell is this person? Kirkman wouldn't just have an up close of some random civilian.

At first I thought it was Michonne and she cut her dreads, but then she appeared in the issue a little while later.

Could this be one of Negan's spies within the community?

jones

jones

Infected

• Members
  • LocationDallas, Texas
Spoiler

Rucking Fetard

Rucking Fetard

Infected

• Banned
  • LocationHamilton City , California
ricks a pussy, the only good thing he did was make jesus follow dwight. i think carls gonna break and get some justice

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale
I know they say "the covers almost never depict whats going on in the comics" but due to the fact that 104 and 105 both epict carl! mixed with the fact that I do not see them focusing on just jesus following dwight home in an issue, I think carl is going to catch on that jesus is following dwight and is going to follow jesus. I think this would be an awesome thing to see because we'd get more develeopment for jesus and carl and it would be a nice moment to reveal where jesus' loyalties really lie! plus I really love when carl and jesus interact

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators

Olivia totally looks like Natalie from Facts of Life. Amiright?!

BeardedOne

BeardedOne

Roamer

• Members
Favorite quote from this issue..........

"Have you lost your fucking mind?!"

-Andrea

That's a good girl.

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale
was anyone reminded of the end of issue 72 where ricks asks glenn if he found where alexandria hides there guns? at the very end of issue 102 when hes talking to jesus?

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.

was anyone reminded of the end of issue 72 where ricks asks glenn if he found where alexandria hides there guns? at the very end of issue 102 when hes talking to jesus?

Yes! It reminded me exactly of that time. Kind of bummed me out to be honest, felt like kirkman was recycling a little bit with the way he set that up.

I'm pretty excited to see if we get to see any of Jesus' spying , hopefully not just dialogue of him describing things haha.

With all the covers lately being released with Carl on them , maybe this issue was the beginning of a new Carl that is more present in the fight .
This issue was worth the wait though. and with season 3 premiering on the 14th and issue 103 on the 17th that week will be nothing but epic
     “Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room
There were some things I liked, and some I didn't. Great development in Michonne. No one thought she would go the peaceful route. She is truly a strong person that will do whatever it takes to survive. Really cool that Rick sent Jesus after Dwight. that will be interesting. And we have the Rickdrea conflic, that for sure adds some drama. I didn't like the pacing since issue 100. Three isssues in the span of like a day or two in their world? Seems like this series has been going in slow motion. No Spencer, no Zombies, No Dwight getting the Euge sicked on his genetalia. Kind of felt like a filler issue, not the end of a story arc. Oh well hoping for more action soon

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!