Twd Prequel Episode

- - - - - Talking Dead

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
I was re-watching some of season 2 TWD and I also recorded Talking Dead episodes. The Special 1 hour Talking Dead at the mid season finale showcased Robert Kirkman, Greg Nicotero and Norman Reedus. In answering a viewer question Kirkman stated that if there was ever a need to do a “prequel episode” they would consider doing it. If they did infact take that route is there anything in particular you’d like to see in an entire prequel episode?

ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationItaly
It would be interesting to see the broadcast
"The day you can kill me is the day that don't exist"

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members
I would like to see how everything unfolded, focusing on each character and how they met up at camp. I don't really care how it started, but it would be cool to see down town Atlanta in the midst of all the craziness, soldiers trying to maintain order, securing the streets etc..

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
I'd like to see how that particular group banded together/found eachother. How did Dale find Andrea and Amy. How did the Dixon brothers become part of the group (especially Merle who doesnt play well with other races,genders). I agree we dont need to see how the virus started but I'd love to see how the group that is more or less now a "family" banded together, choice, accident, circumstance?

Thierry88

Thierry88

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationNetherlands
I am curious about what made Merle decides to go with the others to Atlanta when they are scavenging for supplies. He didn't seem to be very supportive or contributing to the group, so I gues he did it for his own interests.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I am curious about what made Merle decides to go with the others to Atlanta when they are scavenging for supplies. He didn't seem to be very supportive or contributing to the group, so I gues he did it for his own interests.

Maybe he was feeling a little handy that day.

Groan! Sorry!

Actually, that is a very good point.

brain baker

brain baker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationcuffed to a roof
They should do a whole Merle back story......how did he get to woodberry and how did the gov get him to fall in line.

Juggy

Juggy

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationSydney, Australia
I'd like to see how the group got together also how Jim lost his family. That would very interesting to see how his own survival skills kicked in and he just left them. Then maybe they could show his guilt and sorrow one he's realised what has actually happened.

babywalker

babywalker

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationAsshai by the Shadow
Merle might have went to find some random drugs. Shane's the leader at this time, so maybe he went to be a dick away from Shane's supervision.

I would also like to see just a small scene of how the group got together. Maybe an extended napalm scene.
"All I smell is the shit of two hundred horses. And this stew. Which has a similar smell now that I come to sniff it." Dolorous Edd- A Clash of Kings

Kat

Kat

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPretty Much A Swamp
I would love to see how the original group came together and the events leading up to pilot. T'would be good stuff. I can't imagine them actually doing it. . .but it would be fun!

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
If not a prequel, maybe how the group came together can be part of the webisodes, that or the group over the time jump.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony

He was looking for drugs, I'd guess.
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

NiallC

NiallC

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationManchester, England.
Spoiler

I think it would be cool to have webisodes based around Dale and how he invites people into the group and how he reacts to Andrea and Amy and how close they get. It could show the group of Shane, Lori, Carl and the Peletiers join and Shane takes charge and then eventually we see up until Rick arrives.

"Get one thing straight. You're staying? This isn't a democracy anymore."

Azul

Azul

Infected

• Members
I would really like to see the story of Morgan and his family. If I recall, he was there in the begining when everything went to hell. I would like to see how he and his family stayed alive and got to Cynthiana. How did he learn about the zombies, how to avoid and deal them? Also him loosing his wife would make for some great drama when that time came. All of this could also tie into bringing him back for season 3 of the show.
Sometimes I'm angry that I feel so angry......

Erasure

Erasure

Lurker

• Members
Center for Disease Control as the outbreak was first noticed and they worked on trying to find out what was happening. And Truman show guy's wife sacrificing herself in the name of science.

LoriG

LoriG

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationNebraska (I should be so lucky. The UK)
I'd really like to see how the group gets together initially, but would be interested in the Morgan story too.

This isn't flying, its falling with style - www.takenbyalice.co.uk

Jon W

Jon W

Lurker

• Members
Honestly, I don't *want* a prequel episode.

Like it or not, this entire series has pretty much been from Rick's point of view. Yes, you see things that happen when Rick isn't around, but it is basically 'his' story.

If they do a 'prequel' episode, it will take away from that point of view - and I think it would weaken the entire series.

On the Other Hand... I do think they could have done a prequel, based on the CDC, right after it blew up (it's too late now, unfortunately). That would have filled in some important background information and showed why that turning point went as it did.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!