Issue 101 Preview (And 100 Review)

- - - - - 100 review and 101 preview

samus88

samus88

Lurker

• Members
Why is Kirkman a troller? This arc has #100 in it. It's only natural that a comic book gets REALLY promoted and teased when the hundredth issue is to be released. Did he lie? Lucille was coming, she came. Winter is coming, it is. People asked the most retarded question ever (is Daryl ever going to be in the comics?) and he gave no-answers (as any other writers does, otherwise, see Lost writers. Not one interview they ever gave a true answer). I think the hype wasn't met, because people hyped irrationally the whole thing ot begin with. I for one didn't, and #100 blew me away. I don't care that Glenn die at all, but the way it was written, and the sheer fact that the issue was about a whole lot more than simply the death of a character: Rick lost his power. For realsies this time. Negan is here to stay, and for all I know, he'll be in the book for a long time. The whole point of the previous arc and this one, was to show how Rick became so confident in his power and hopeful about expanding the community and "start living", that he missed the off-chance that a group of people could be more dangerous and powerful than himself. #100 was amazingly written, and it's pretty clear to me that Kirkman was speaking (kinda like breaking the 4th wall) to the readers through Negan's voice. Rick's leadership is over.

Anyway, I hope that wasn't too long. I'm sure I could have thought this a little more to make a better post without draggin too long. Can't wait to read 101.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
samus it would take me all night to point out the trolling ways of Kirkman read back a few comments for just a few.....
He has been trolling for years we undertand its part of his job but he likes it more then most writers and he admits doing so....
Welcome to the forum your post was not to long i and the others on here welcome new ideas and predictions glad you are loving the comic as much as we do.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....

samus it would take me all night to point out the trolling ways of Kirkman read back a few comments for just a few.....
He has been trolling for years we undertand its part of his job but he likes it more then most writers and he admits doing so....
Welcome to the forum your post was not to long i and the others on here welcome new ideas and predictions glad you are loving the comic as much as we do.

He's done nothing. Some of you have to convince yourselves that he's 'trolling' because you're having a hard time getting over the fact that what he writes doesn't match up to your own specific expectations.

I R Biter

I R Biter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSpace City
I don't think Rosita deserves slut-shaming....I don't recall any reason to believe she was cheating on anyone, or wasn't up front about exactly what was going on, so in that case, it's really just an agreement between people....Abraham straight up cheated on her, and most seem to have just given him a free pass on that, even though I don't recall Rosita doing anything to deserve being deceived and played. Abraham's a good guy overall, I'm not trying to shit on him, just pointing out something I find curious. I'm a Rosita fan, I want to see her character developed more. She's very different from the characters that have been showcased so far.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I don't think Rosita deserves slut-shaming....I don't recall any reason to believe she was cheating on anyone, or wasn't up front about exactly what was going on, so in that case, it's really just an agreement between people...

well when the agreement is for sex or sexual favors isnt that the definition of a whore or prostitute ?? just sayin.... i hope she gets more of the spotlight too she could be used to seduce negan into a trap.

I R Biter

I R Biter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSpace City

well when the agreement is for sex or sexual favors isnt that the definition of a whore or prostitute ?? just sayin.... i hope she gets more of the spotlight too she could be used to seduce negan into a trap.

Well yeah, lol......and I like that idea

Kneelbeforegod

Kneelbeforegod

Roamer

• Members

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am saying since 100 - he hyped the hell out of 100 but the hype for 101 is all on our building anticipation and lust for blood. I am there too, I was pissed that 100 wasnt as epic as I had hoped - I hoped 101 would be the amazingness I craved form 100 and thought a bunch of grandiose scenarios that may happen. but, while kirkman hyped up 100, he delivered on what he advertised and after reading the issue i liked it for what it was, and i am glad a huge murderfest didnt happen (yet). 101 hasnt released ywet, and in all likelihood it will not be crazy, it will be a sob-fest in the aftermath of a tragedy, and that is ok too. I liked 100 and I am sure 101 will be great - but i cant be mad at Kirkman for trolling when he hasnt done anything to build up this issue - that is on me. I will continue to speculate (its fun) but at the end of the day the comic will be 100% different than I imagine and I cant be mad for that, I can only enjoy it for what it is - and it is still damn good.

pat5800

pat5800

S-mart Employee

• Members
I was actually right for 100 everyone was saying Andrea is gonna die and knowing Kirkman for who he was i knew that that would not happen just because everyone thought it would and would be no fun
Check out my Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.c...bc?feature=mhee

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I was actually right for 100 everyone was saying Andrea is gonna die and knowing Kirkman for who he was .....

you mean a troll ? lol

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony

He's done nothing. Some of you have to convince yourselves that he's 'trolling' because you're having a hard time getting over the fact that what he writes doesn't match up to your own specific expectations.

He indeed trolls. It's part of his job, and we love/hate him for it. He teases us constantly in interviews and Letter Hacks. He keeps us interested and he keeps us begging for one small iota of information before the release date, even though we know his lips are sealed tighter than Fort Knox. And he's quite proud of it.
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

Zombieskittles

Zombieskittles

Infected

• Members
  • LocationRight beside you

Meh, I have to be honest...Glenn's death was rough but there hasn't been that big bombshell event everyone has been waiting for where we lose a chunk of our cast. I hope the rest of Something To Fear isn't just boring pages of crying and then Rick having one of his "hopeful" moments again. That's getting quite old...Being teased as a fan is fun but only when the story eventually delivers. Hoping for a solid issue on Wednesday!

True that! :))

Abethc

Abethc

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNew Jersey
i would seduce rosita lol ... abrahams cool even his death was cool negans a jerk and rick totally lost control storys not going to bad cant wait to pick up my new issue today even tho we all know it is just DRAMA and shit and griefing

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!