Random Rantings!!

* * * * * 1 rant

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

My girlfriend's family had to put down their dog, Emma, last night. She was a lovable 16 year old mutt who loved to eat trash, fart and enjoy the outdoors. Pretty bummer last night carrying into today. I'm happy I was able to get to know her in her final days. RIP Emma.

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys

My girlfriend's family had to put down their dog, Emma, last night. She was a lovable 16 year old mutt who loved to eat trash, fart and enjoy the outdoors. Pretty bummer last night carrying into today. I'm happy I was able to get to know her in her final days. RIP Emma.

My sympathies. All of my pets are members off my family. It is a sad thing to lose a member of your family.

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia

When I was a paramedic, I had an alcoholic who had the dry heaves from drinking.  I watched his autopsy.  He had ruptured his esophagus from the trachea on down and he bled out on me within minutes.  Binge drinking is not a good thing.  Many alcoholics (not that you are one) die this way.  I recommend having a little smoke and allowing that "peaceful easy feeling" that the Eagles sing about rollon over you. 

Whoa, dude. My best friend is a paramedic and I've heard of the craziest stuff but never that.  I'll definitely be more cautious going forward. Such a strange thing, how fragile us humans really are. How fragile all life is, for that matter.

I might have had that smoke you mentioned.  Anyways, thanks for sharing and freaking me out haha

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Sorry to hear it man. Be happy that it sounds like she lived an amazing life and had a lot of love come her way. Not all animals are that fortunate. 

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
other than meds. anybody know of anything that can help someone sleep? i have been having this problem a lot lately. i get up at 4:30 am for work. get off at around 3. inget home and at around 5 i get super tired. i stay up and fight the sleep but when 9 p.m. rolls around I'm wide awake.

lurkerlite

lurkerlite

Infected

• Members
Melatonin and avoiding blue light, particularly from screens.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

That is so sad. It's so hard to lose a pet, they are family members. In January I had to have my 17 year old cat put to sleep and I was devastated, I mean, I was a sobbing wreck for over a week over that loss. I feel for them, that's a long time to love a furbaby and have them as part of your daily life, to suddenly not. :(

other than meds. anybody know of anything that can help someone sleep? i have been having this problem a lot lately. i get up at 4:30 am for work. get off at around 3. inget home and at around 5 i get super tired. i stay up and fight the sleep but when 9 p.m. rolls around I'm wide awake.

Have you tried to take a 20 minute power nap after work? That would help combat being super tired around 5, and you may be able to fall asleep better at 9. 

I used to suffer from bad insomnia, and to help with it, I made a lot of life changes. I cut WAY back on my coffee consumption, weaning myself down to just one regular mug in the morning (as opposed to drinking gallons of it through the day). I took the TV out of the room, since watching TV in bed (or using the ipad/other devices) stimulates your brain too much and makes falling asleep harder. Admittedly, this was very hard to do as I loved watching TV in bed and still miss it, but I don't miss laying awake for hours every night and won't go back to those days. There are other things to do, keeping on a schedule, eating well and getting exercise, all that sort of thing. 

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
ha. thanks steph i need to try some if those. i do have a t.v. and i pad but they are normally off a little before bed. i use to take a nap like 30 minutes but then inwould still be up or i just couldn't wake up and would sleep for 4 more hours waking up at like 9.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Nom, I've heard that using a red light in the bathroom helps if you have to get up to pee or whatever.  Also, switching off TV /computer.  I've been trying meditation lately.  I have never slept well.  Sorry.

And the dog, BBL, sorry about that, too.

I lost 3 old friends in the last 3 weeks.  One, an ex coworker who died of pancreatic cancer (smoking and drinking), one who had just completed rehab for drugs and alcohol.  Seized in his sleep and died (he was my age) and one 5 years younger than me to a heart attack (smoking, drinking and RX pills, also rehabbed).  I can not stress enough to young people that partying when you're young turns you into a miserable old addict eventually and then shortens your life tremendously.  

I am an alcoholic and I'm attempting to control it and taper down.  I had a seizure a few months ago but that was a new head med combined with low blood sodium due to a stomach flu.  Still, I'm sure drinking didn't help.  My life is very stressful w/ divorce, moving to a new state, having a new relationship, etc.  Now, I'm selling my four plex.  That's a ball of stress, too.  Plus, we're broke (thus the selling of the apartments).  So I'm just ragged out.  I'm only 43 but my past is catching up with me and people are dropping dead all around me.  It sucks.

But, once the apt bldg is sold, we will both be out of debt, my ex can buy a house free and clear just as BWR and I have and we can improve our place some.  My business is showing signs of life.  5 scheduled orders which will flow through April to July with good profit margins and then maybe I can be a real, live girl again.

Life can be tough. But the good times are the ones I try to concentrate on.  Best to all of y'all. 

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

I'm so sorry about your friends Glass. :( I just lost an old friend from high school, due to her drinking. She was only 42. I'm so grateful she and I got to see each other last summer when I went back home for a visit.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
so after every good thing that has happened eventually bad comes with it.

i was seeing a girl a month ago and what we didn't know is her ex was stalking her. he somewhat knows her and i were friends before hand. ( she didn't cheat i don't like it, he always treated her like garbage. trashy...everything) anyways. after they break up we go on a few dates. one night i go over and we start talking about how to fix her house up because he ruined a lot of shit. holes in walls, blinds jacked up...broken chairs. the worse. i never knew things were this bad.

well I'm there and he shows up ( she's outside the house smoking and i was inside trying to see what size blinds she needed.) i hear her yelling someone call 911. i walk out to hear someone hitting something and her on the ground. he takes off after seeing me. he then sends tons of threat via txt and all that. we call the cops because he knows I'm still there and he can only use his phone in wifi areas. so we knew he was outside the house. instead of me leaving ( as he demanded) and getting jumped we call the cops.

they show up and we find out he damaged my car. so i decide to take her to my house. on the way there my car dies and we found out something was dumped inside the tank.

now flash forward. cops didn't press any charges on him for domestic after he threw her down and tried to prevent her from calling 911 ( they have 2 kids) they also didn't press charges for vandalism. i decided to stop seeing her because of course it's way too much drama and i don't want to deal. I guess he saw me in the mall and txted her saying he called me a bitch and i ran away. i laughed as i was told this because i had a friend with me and nobody said anything to us. well later he post something on fb about putting me in a hospital and making sure I'm basically in a coma.

best part about this is. I'm not allowed to get a restraining order and they refuse to do anything about the other issues. i was told to get a restraining order from a cop because this way if something happens they know that there has been issues and this guy has been giving me problems.

i do everything by the book. cops and all and i am still getting fucked. i am just at a loss for words about how bad our justice system is.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Wow that's fucked, dude. Just goes to show how corrupt the justice system is in America. Probably smart to not continue to be involved in that kind of a situation. Though I worry about the woman  you were dating as she is still in danger. Was she able to get a restraining order? I can't imagine why domestic violence wouldn't warrant that, even if they have children together. 

My girlfriend has a phone stalker that every once in a blue moon will call and play music, like The Smiths or something. It's been happening since she was in undergrad, so like at least 10-12 years. Last year she got something to help identify the number, because it always came in blocked. The last time she answered a call she threatened them with that info and she would find out who they were. No calls since. Luckily there hasn't been anything since, and never any physical in person stalking. Whoever it was is likely someone from her hometown and doesn't know where she lives now anyway. Her sister used to get harassing letters from some neo nazis she pissed off or something back in her highschool or college days. I think a couple of those letters have found their was up to where we live now unfortunately. People are messed up.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Wow that's fucked, dude. Just goes to show how corrupt the justice system is in America. Probably smart to not continue to be involved in that kind of a situation. Though I worry about the woman you were dating as she is still in danger. Was she able to get a restraining order? I can't imagine why domestic violence wouldn't warrant that, even if they have children together.

My girlfriend has a phone stalker that every once in a blue moon will call and play music, like The Smiths or something. It's been happening since she was in undergrad, so like at least 10-12 years. Last year she got something to help identify the number, because it always came in blocked. The last time she answered a call she threatened them with that info and she would find out who they were. No calls since. Luckily there hasn't been anything since, and never any physical in person stalking. Whoever it was is likely someone from her hometown and doesn't know where she lives now anyway. Her sister used to get harassing letters from some neo nazis she pissed off or something back in her highschool or college days. I think a couple of those letters have found their was up to where we live now unfortunately. People are messed up.

well. i could take him to court. but he doesn't have a job and since they can't force him. I'm out 500 dollars for getting it fixed. tbh. it's bullshit. system is whack and there's nothing i can do.

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left
So, I'm back after a long hiatus. Well, I've been reading the reviews for the shows but I haven't posted on ages. So yeah, here I am [:

I will say though, most of the users I used to know on here seem to have been gone a while, too... Makes me sad tbh. Anything crazy happen here while I was gone?

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Welcome back, Naza! Seems to be the same old same old, minus those missed members.

lone star walker

lone star walker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationroaming the prairie
Naza is back! Now things can get crazy.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Here's a rant. Over the weekend we've had a black bear raiding our chicken supply container which contains the feed for our chickens. These are those hard plastic bins you can get at Home Depot, so not bear proof unfortunately.

Saturday morning the will box was flipped over and the bottom torn off, chicken feed all over. Cleaned it up, put it back together. The next morning, the damn bear dragged the whole bin halfway down the yard almost to the woods and dragged a bag of sunflower seed down to the tree line before it ditched everything. We put everything back together, pissed around the bin to see if that would deter the bear which it seemed to help, but Monday something knocked over one of our bee hives, and we have an electric fence around it... so not sure if it was a bear or something smaller. Regardless, we put some extra fencing wire up so nothing bigger than a squirrel it didn't return until last night when my girlfriend was preparing cat food for the cats and she heard something big moving the bin outside so she grabbed an airhorn we have and started blasting it. Fortunately it scared the bear away, but not before it dragged the bin halfway across the yard again, tearing off one of the sides. We think this is the same bear that tries getting into the trash every once in a while, though we have to ratchet strap the trash totes down now. Pain in the ass. Anybody ever dealt with bear nuisances before? I know in my state, after reading up on the law that you can't shoot one if you "indirectly" "bait" a bear to "encourage it" to come on to your property by leaving livestock feed easily accessible or leaving trash out for said bear. You're also supposed to put up and prove you've tried everything to deter said bear, with electric fences etc. Probably will be calling the fish and wildlife department about this one if it keeps coming back. 

lone star walker

lone star walker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationroaming the prairie
Wow. I'll never complain about the racoons that mess with our stuff again. Do you know if it is bothering other homes in the area?

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Likely. Bears can travel several miles in an evening. Now one of our hens is missing. She went missing Wednesday before the chickens usually roost for the night in their coop, so we're not sure if something scared her off or killed her. She wasn't back as of this morning. So that's a bummer. 

In other news, the whole world is a bummer and scary place right now. 

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Money, laws, travelling.  I hate all of them.  I can't seem to collect the first, and have to do the third because of the second because podunk fucking deputies got a hard-on last September.  Oh also Texas in general.  I couldn't wait to leave and now I get to go back for essentially Nothing. Their bullshit has caused so much damage to my relationship that I am unsure if it will endure.  Thanks mother fuckers.  Still, I like where I live now if I could just get a freaking break and take a pill to take all memories away, I'd be glad for it.  Mama Glass is fit to be tied and mad as an old wet hen which I'm beginning to resemble due to stress.  That is all. 

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I'm gonna rant because i hate the fact I'm 33. look 23 and can't find anyone near my age to date. lol. i have these 20 yr olds but no way in hell am i doing that. lol

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Random rant of the day. Over the weekend my car started sounding like a fart can, also noticed my drivers side low beam is out, and Subaru's are hella hard to DIY, so I'm dropping the BBL Mobile down at the shop to figure out what the noise is and replace the headlight. I'm thinking theres an exhaust leak since it smells. Woof. Hopefully it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

Fighting for Truth, Justice, and the American Movie Classics Way

• Moderators
  • Location30 mins from Hollywood
Hell they take an arm and a leg these days
just to get a diagnosis. Good luck on it.
Gonna cost me 800.oo in parts to change my
headgaskets on my mini van. Parts.
With me doing allllllll the labor, im gonna save
about 1,500 bucks. Well, minus the case of
Dr Pepper and gallons of coffee while Im doing it.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket
I drive a 2002 Volvo XC70. Replacing parts is a bitch but I got in good w/ my Autobahn mechanic. He gives me e part #'s, I google them, buy them and either I or poor BWR puts them in all of the odd places Swedes put their parts in a car. Still, I love Vulva the Volvo and when she dies, I will cry my ass off. Best of luck kiddo.

Bug

Bug

Zombie Herder

• Moderators
Isn't it funny how attached we can get to our cars? A few ago I totaled my truck. I'd had Blue for 8 yrs and used to joke she was my best friend because I spent so much time in her. I was sad, but when I saw her for the last time I broke down and cried. I still miss that truck.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!