Random Rantings!!

* * * * * 1 rant

limaro

limaro

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio, US

Garden Rant!  First the damned rabbits ate all my green beans .  Now the deer are eating my spaghetti squash.  

At least the rabbits had the decency to eat the whole plant. The deer just chew on the squash and leave behind 3/4 of the thing with big  ugly deer teeth holes in it. 

This is all despite the 4 foot chicken wire fence.  We've always had deer in  the yard and I always let them have their way with my apple trees.  This is the 1st year they've ventured a little closer to the house to get to the garden. 

Next year I'm netting off the apple trees, purely for spite. 

Anyone know when deer season opens in Ohio? And can I shoot them from the back deck?

“That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.”
― Stephen King, The Stand

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Garden Rant!  First the damned rabbits ate all my green beans .  Now the deer are eating my spaghetti squash.  

At least the rabbits had the decency to eat the whole plant. The deer just chew on the squash and leave behind 3/4 of the thing with big  ugly deer teeth holes in it. 

This is all despite the 4 foot chicken wire fence.  We've always had deer in  the yard and I always let them have their way with my apple trees.  This is the 1st year they've ventured a little closer to the house to get to the garden. 

Anyone know when deer season opens in Ohio? And can I shoot them from the back deck?

You can shoot them September 26th if you're Legolas with a bow and arrow... :srug: 

Jon is fine, dammit.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Garden Rant! First the damned rabbits ate all my green beans . Now the deer are eating my spaghetti squash.
At least the rabbits had the decency to eat the whole plant. The deer just chew on the squash and leave behind 3/4 of the thing with big ugly deer teeth holes in it.

This is all despite the 4 foot chicken wire fence. We've always had deer in the yard and I always let them have their way with my apple trees. This is the 1st year they've ventured a little closer to the house to get to the garden.

Idk when you can however i know if you're in city limits you're not allowed to fire guns. Idk about arrows. I mean sure if you want to take that chance of hitting someone...but if it's your property maybe they shouldn't be on it?

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Kid, I've always had good veins. Once though, my OBGYN's nurse took a sample and ended up with a vial of FAT, not blood. Yellow to orange fat tissue like you find when you dissect frogs in middle school. She was mortified. I was simply dumbfounded. I dunno how that happened.

Noms, I don't know how to handle your situation but I know I never liked being hit on at work/asked out or whatever. It's not an ideal environment to make a "connection". They're a captive audience and supposed to be polite. Not a good instance to gauge her reaction or set her at ease. Still, good luck and hopefully, you'll run into her some other time.

I worked fast food. It happened a few times there. Not a fan either. Now i go out to meet other people trying to find a good connection with someone.

I never ask people out while they are working. Also. I don't let the kindness of them get to me. I do know it's their job. In fact i talk to all kinds of people at a register. I honestly dk if i actually like her. Ha.I think i'm getting lonely. Ahh. Lol.

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

Fighting for Truth, Justice, and the American Movie Classics Way

• Moderators
  • Location30 mins from Hollywood

Jeezus DOMF, that was like listening to BWR while watching anything w/ guns or war machines in it. Maybe you are long lost twins. I try to watch a movie and all I hear is. That's not right site for that gun. That holster is backwards, etc. Just enjoy the damn film/show. So, there's my rant. Crotchety weapon chitter chatter during my idiot box time. ;)

Just enjoy the damn film/show.

Funny my alter ego watches many of these shows with me, and she says almost exactly the same thing:

"Cant we just enjoy the show the first time through, or at least discuss this AFTER the show, like when Im sitting in the bathroom or grabbing a drink?"

My canned response: "Yeah but by the time its over I forget all my nitpicks." 

Then she gives me the "look" like: "And that's a BAD thing because.......?" 

And I have said before that the nitpicking can be part of the fun....I guess my rant is referring to the times when I just get my fill of it.

And all that cocking and recocking fills me up pretty fast these days.

Yes, I am guilty of being a Detail Nazi. However, lately I have begun to wonder if fiction sometimes mimics life. What's wrong with the EoTech on this officer's weapon. This is NOT from a film by the way.

140804300017482.jpg 

Nothings wrong with it--he just needs to turn his gun around so he can sight in on the guy behind him. Oh wait--that wont work neither. lol

I think if it pertains to your profession or something near and dear to you in real life, it will always drive you crazy when you see it done wrong on TV. I lose my shit at the amount of people who wear their stethoscopes backwards on film. It's like dude-you can't hear anything if it's not in your ear canals! 

Oh, and when they give a shot that's supposed to go in the vein and they just jab it at a 90 degree angle into the arm. No. Just no. You go in at a 15-20 degree angle and everything we give intravenously goes through a port in an IV access. Bonus info-there's not actually a needle in the vein after the access is placed. It's just a tiny, flexible hollow tube. I love it when they show a character wincing in pain as they rip a needle out of their arm.  :rolleyes: 

Now I'm all riled up and I was fine five minutes ago. Hahaha.

As you should  be. The medical blunders in film and TV are a whole nuther subject. 

And youre our resident expert, so start making a list--it'll be FUN. 

I've had so many needles jabbed in me i'm actuallly surprised nobody has screwed up yet.

On a small note not a rant. However, there's a girl i kinda have a thing for. Only problem i only see her when working i go out on the weekends and never see her. Sucks actually. I never want to ask a girl out while they are working.

How do you KNOW no one's screwed up? :srug: Just cuz ya cant see it dont mean it aint there, dude! :o

(if that doest keep ya awake tonight, lemme know and I'll try somethin' else. :P)

And dont forget, if ya get tired of venison, stewed rabbit offers a nice variety. Specially with them veggies theyve been 

eating as your side dish. Is that Irony...or just poetic justice...I forget?

I worked fast food. It happened a few times there. Not a fan either. Now i go out to meet other people trying to find a good connection with someone.

I never ask people out while they are working. Also. I don't let the kindness of them get to me. I do know it's their job. In fact i talk to all kinds of people at a register. I honestly dk if i actually like her. Ha.I think i'm getting lonely. Ahh. Lol.

Two words for you bro--

Speed.

Dating.

(Or maybe 3 if its Six-Minute-Dating)  :)

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I only know they haven't screwed up because most of the time when they jam those needles in my veins i really don't feel much but a pinch. Now. You wanna talk about needle pain. Ingrown toenails. Those hurt. Espicially when the needle has to go right in the toe, After i got that done. needles haven't bothered me since.

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

• Moderators

I guess its all a matter of conditoning then, you swallow enough caviar, its starts to taste like a delicasy. 

I used to think, back in season 1, that Zombies were scary--5 seasons later I think theyre kinda cute--

like Lizzie. :D

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Funny my alter ego watches many of these shows with me, and she says almost exactly the same thing:

"Cant we just enjoy the show the first time through, or at least discuss this AFTER the show, like when Im sitting in the bathroom or grabbing a drink?"

Interesting, BWR is my "alter ego".  Mr. Glass never was.  It's funny how folks match and then don't and then you really appreciate a good match.  But really, if you can PAUSE the movie or show, do so for your lady and then start your blathering.  I love that I learn new stuff from my alter ego but it tends to make me miss a lot of the programming.  Just a tip from a fellow member of the female persuasion.  :angelkitty:

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

I may or may not have bodies in the backyard from people who talked during TV time.  :P 

Jon is fine, dammit.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I dont nitpick about a show, movie, book, comic...etc etc unless it has been bad for a moment. Like supernatural for example. The brothers are normally never on the same page or one is keeping a secret feom the other. This goes on almost every season. I'm tired of it by now. Lol

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I may or may not have bodies in the backyard from people who talked during TV time. :P

Mental note.
*during an apocalypse, lure all evil creatures to kids house whilst watching t.v. and let her deal with them*

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

• Moderators

Interesting, BWR is my "alter ego".  Mr. Glass never was.  It's funny how folks match and then don't and then you really appreciate a good match.  But really, if you can PAUSE the movie or show, do so for your lady and then start your blathering.  I love that I learn new stuff from my alter ego but it tends to make me miss a lot of the programming.  Just a tip from a fellow member of the female persuasion.  :angelkitty:

I may or may not have bodies in the backyard from people who talked during TV time.  :P 

I know! Ive tried that, then get threatened with the cornfield. The reasoning THERE is that 

when I lean over and hit that pause button to prattle on about inaccuracies, then of course

Im taking THEM out of the fantasy, and ruiningthe whole pace. 

Except potty breaks dont count right? Again I go......  :wallmad: Arrrrgh.

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

• Moderators

I dont nitpick about a show, movie, book, comic...etc etc unless it has been bad for a moment. Like supernatural for example. The brothers are normally never on the same page or one is keeping a secret feom the other. This goes on almost every season. I'm tired of it by now. Lol

Then this is perfect timing for you. Because i have it on good authority that season 11 is about to change all 

that, reuniting pretty much everyone in a common goal.  And also that both Jared and Jenson are both 

ecstatic about the idea. Youre tired of them being at odds? Well theryre tired of it too and are looking 

forward to putting the boys back on, if not a bromantic, at least a brotherly status. 

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Pace, schmace.  There's always REWIND to get caught back up.  Or regain whatever momentum you've lost whilst learning.  I'm a pretty easy girlfriend though and I am slightly bat shit insane so it's easy for me.  :srug:

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Then this is perfect timing for you. Because i have it on good authority that season 11 is about to change all
that, reuniting pretty much everyone in a common goal. And also that both Jared and Jenson are both
ecstatic about the idea. Youre tired of them being at odds? Well theryre tired of it too and are looking
forward to putting the boys back on, if not a bromantic, at least a brotherly status.

I read something about it and thank goodness.

zack

zack

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Other Side

I didn't take the advice!  One of my favorite song/speeches from the nineties was:   Baz Luhrmann 's "Everyone's Free To Wear Sunscreen"

https://youtu.be/MQlJ3vOp6nI

I've listened to this speech over the years and didn't pay attention to the message:  "WEAR SUNSCREEN!"

So....now I'm facing surgery for skin cancer, bummer!  Thank goodness, it's not a melanoma, but I will still need plastic surgery.  

I haven't laid on the beach or tried for a suntan in years.  So I suggest to everyone, wear sunscreen anytime you're in the sun!  I'm talking going shopping, our for a stroll, whatever.

"I don't believe that things happen for the best. I do believe, however, that it is possible to make the best of things that happen."

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I didn't take the advice!  One of my favorite song/speeches from the nineties was:   Baz Luhrmann 's "Everyone's Free To Wear Sunscreen"

https://youtu.be/MQlJ3vOp6nI

I've listened to this speech over the years and didn't pay attention to the message:  "WEAR SUNSCREEN!"

So....now I'm facing surgery for skin cancer, bummer!  Thank goodness, it's not a melanoma, but I will still need plastic surgery.  

I haven't laid on the beach or tried for a suntan in years.  So I suggest to everyone, wear sunscreen anytime you're in the sun!  I'm talking going shopping, our for a stroll, whatever.

I'm sorry you have to go through that, zack. Good luck on your surgery.

I'll also add that not wearing sunscreen ages your skin prematurely. I've been a sun worshiper all my life. I'm talking we used to slather on the baby oil and bake ourselves. My skin is paying the price now.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Hope all goes well, zack.

Now for my small gripe. I have a co-worker who doesn't have a license and their ride to work quit. I was nice the first week or so and gave them a ride home. Well after a while it was becoming a bit more problematic. When i get gabbs i have to get up at 3.a.m. to get ready and i could usually get up at 3:45. But because of some of the back trackig it just makes it harder. I kept dropping hints that i couldn't do it much longer but they just didn't get the picture.

I had to te them a few days ago i couldn't give them a ride and now they seem all pissy with me. Honestly. I don't know why people get like this. I could have denied you the first few times. Now they want to try and put me on a guilt trip of. I don't have a ride blah blah. Where's that my problem? Look i've been stuck in this situation but had a car in a few weeks. It seems like some people take this for granted and then ignore it as if they can just do this and. Blame people when they can't do it anymore.

Just kinda over it.

lone star walker

lone star walker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationroaming the prairie
Zack, I hope the surgery goes smoothly and there won't be anymore needed.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Zack, sorry to hear about the diagnosis, but it sounds very treatable. Good luck with your surgery!

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Zack, I hope you are better soon! I read a really inspiring post on FB the other day.  A gal who is a friend of a friend got in a terrible wreck and needed facial reconstruction and lots of skin grafts,etc. The man who founded Dr's w/o borders did her surgery for free.  And last year, she, too had melanoma removed.  His son (original doc passed away) did her plastic surgery for free.  What a wonderful family they are. You'll be fine, methinks.

Any rate, my rant.  They put part of that evil pipeline through my farm.  Couldn't avert it.  I tried and tried.  Well, on the 20th, it rained and rained.  We went to the grocery store and came home to what looked like an earthquake had happened.  Couldn't drive up the driveway. It cut our phone line.  No internet.  Now, I'm concerned about the pipeline's stability.  This one is 24" and has more crude flowing through it than any other in the county and there are LOTS of lines in county.  So, I await the day that I become Jed Clampett except I won't be moving to Beverly.  No swimming pools. No movie stars, just a worthless toxic farm. :/

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Pics

3vL5Ubn.jpg

SSkd50R.jpg

zack

zack

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Other Side

Any rate, my rant.  They put part of that evil pipeline through my farm.  Couldn't avert it.  I tried and tried.  Well, on the 20th, it rained and rained.  We went to the grocery store and came home to what looked like an earthquake had happened.  Couldn't drive up the driveway. It cut our phone line.  No internet.  Now, I'm concerned about the pipeline's stability.  This one is 24" and has more crude flowing through it than any other in the county and there are LOTS of lines in county.  So, I await the day that I become Jed Clampett except I won't be moving to Beverly.  No swimming pools. No movie stars, just a worthless toxic farm. :/

Those pictures look terrible.  Someone didn't know what they were doing.  Hopefully they'll repair it, and very soon!

Thanks for the well wishes from everyone.  I'll be OK.  The "experts" must not think it's too bad. When the scheduler finally called, she told me it was scheduled for September 25.  Now I just want it gone.  It didn't look too bad until the dermatologist did the biopsy. Now it's hideous.  I bandage up before going out in public.  Don't want to scare anyone.   :rolleyes:

"I don't believe that things happen for the best. I do believe, however, that it is possible to make the best of things that happen."

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Zack, I hope you feel better soon. You've got a beautiful soul, no matter what's going on with the outside. *hugs*

Jon is fine, dammit.

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Well, now I have a small rant to add. I have psoriasis on the palms of my hands, nowhere else. OTC treatments haven't done much to help, so my doctor recommended I look into Stelara. My insurance hasn't kicked in yet at my new job, but I decided to Google it to see what sort of expenses to expect, as psoriasis medications tend to be very pricey. The average cost is $28-55,000 a year. Fifty. Five. Thousand.

Great recommendation, doc.

Jon is fine, dammit.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!