Random Rantings!!

* * * * * 1 rant

lone star walker

lone star walker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationroaming the prairie
Here in Texas, if Mr. Lone Star were to call out "bring me a gun". I would have to ask"which one". It's best to have choices!

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Here in Texas, if Mr. Lone Star were to call out "bring me a gun". I would have to ask"which one". It's best to have choices!

My dad has about 5 shotguns and 2 pistols. My mom made him stop buying guns. I believe he would have enough for a small army if she didn't.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Speaking of bears, it turns out a bear has been dragging off the girlfriends trash bins at the end of her driveway and carrying them into the woods, haha. They're closed up tight with ratchet straps too, but the bear was able to get the lid open up to pull some garbage treats out for itself, haha

Draven

Draven

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationHorsens, Denmark

speaking of bears and generel wildlife bigger than a dog, a friend send me this one yesterday: 

http://satwcomic.com/wonderful-nature

"The North remembers"

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

Fighting for Truth, Justice, and the American Movie Classics Way

• Moderators
  • Location30 mins from Hollywood

Lol, I live in Tennessee. Unless something eats a baby or wanders into Neyland stadium and interrupts the precious football game, they just tell you to whip out your shotgun as needed.  :rolleyes: 

Yep, and that there is right how it happened.....out one day, shootin' at some food..... 

When up from the ground come a'bubblin' crude! :P

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

• Moderators

My dad has about 5 shotguns and 2 pistols. My mom made him stop buying guns. I believe he would have enough for a small army if she didn't.

Well I have ...at least that many, problem is here, even in the burbs up against the forest boundary, it's like having 

a high speed sports car on a small island--cant really use em (unless I export them to another state or maybe the desert. 

But that doesn't stop me from looking at them, polishing em up every week and running round the house with them 

yelling,  "POW, POW!!"   Zombies, Claimers, Cannibals and Wolves of Second World.....be-WARE!  :Boomstick_by_Preamp:

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Today is like the 6th day in a row it's been raining in Ohio . I've been inside so much i haven't done anything and it hasn't even felt like summer yet. It's only 60 degrees. Kinda awful. I mean if it wasn't raining ibwould be out playing basketball or something....grr.

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

• Moderators

Today is like the 6th day in a row it's been raining in Ohio . I've been inside so much i haven't done anything and it hasn't even felt like summer yet. It's only 60 degrees. Kinda awful. I mean if it wasn't raining ibwould be out playing basketball or something....grr.

Well we're right in the middle of thunderstorm warnings here....and I'm in poor old drought-plagued 

southern California. Weather is a strange fellow, TBS. I personally HOPE it stays like this for 6days, 

(preferably more) but alas, t'wont happen, in a couple days we'll be back to 95 degrees....and water 

rationing. :(

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Well we're right in the middle of thunderstorm warnings here....and I'm in poor old drought-plagued
southern California. Weather is a strange fellow, TBS. I personally HOPE it stays like this for 6days,
(preferably more) but alas, t'wont happen, in a couple days we'll be back to 95 degrees....and water
rationing. :(

You people need a month of rain. It's awful everyone but California is getting hammered by rain. Doesn't it normally rain a good bit in Washington? I'm sure they can spare some water.

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

• Moderators

Hell we'd even take some from northern california. South cal is in pretty big trouble right now, and what water resources

are left are being very poorly managed....while I'm afraid to be seen washing my car.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket
Our rains have brought the dreaded flea infestation. It was bad and has taken weeks to get semi under control. We've both been VERY sick. Malaise, fever, vomiting and the opposite. I had a freaking seizure. There is also an outbreak of murine typhus in our fair state. Our symptoms match it to a "T". Never been this sick this long and the seizure threw me for a painful loop. So, we're 3 weeks into it and getting a bit better. So, flea rant over now.

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

• Moderators

Flea storms, typhus and seizures?? :o  Rather makes my rant look a bit silly in comparison.

What part of the country or world are you in? Really sorry to hear you had to go through all that--hoping

things continue to improve for you soon.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket
Thanks, DOMF. We're in Navarro County between Dallas and Houston. There were 5 diagnosed cases in the Houston and Galveston areas. We suffered through it w/o getting officially diagnosed but this was more than a stomach flu. AFAIK, TX is the only state in modern times that gets outbreaks of this and they're uncommon. But all of East Texas has been flea central. Perfect weather lately for blooms of the bastards or whatever. So, it's an assumption but the seizure has me convinced. Not good stuff to have. I'm almost free of it and BWR is still suffering somewhat. :/

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Feel better soon, mamacita and Pops! I wish I could be there to take care of you guys. *hugs*

Jon is fine, dammit.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket
That's sweet, kiddo. We almost sprang for a plane ticket for his ex wife to do just that. We could hardly get to the fridge and back. Still, time, fluids and rest got us outta the woods. I've stocked the fridge and pantry in the last few days so we're set in case there's a recurrence. But our house is a mess and we'll get it sorted tomorrow. We have no trash service here and have a mountain to burn and also a mountain of recyclingto take to the center. Catch up time!!!

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Last night I blew up a glass plate in the microwave heating a mini pizza (still ate that bitch) and earlier today I dropped and exploded a Dr Pepper in spectacular fashion (still drank what was inside). I just tried three times to throw a water balloon and it wouldn't explode to save my life.

tumblr_m504d9NIRd1qcolf5o1_r1_500.gif

Jon is fine, dammit.

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

• Moderators

77: So you're great with glass, not so much with latex. We all have our gifts and shortcomings.

It's just a real good thing you have such a high glass-tolerance. :P

Glassy: seriously, I had no idea east Texas had that problem!  :o Ive often thought about moving to Texas...

maybe more north huh?

Now not so seriously.... if I was there I would probably want to ...well...flea the area until the

infestation season was over. (no-no, dont hit meee, I swear it just sort of popped out!  :wacko2: )

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Last night I blew up a glass plate in the microwave heating a mini pizza (still ate that bitch) and earlier today I dropped and exploded a Dr Pepper in spectacular fashion (still drank what was inside). I just tried three times to throw a water balloon and it wouldn't explode to save my life.

LOL! Sorry I don't mean to laugh, but that's like classic Murphy's Law right there. Haha. 

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

I once dropped a bottle of white wine and broke the neck off. I strained it through a coffee filter and it was FINE. I also have latex issues. Hah, a family trait.

DOMF, this is highly unusual. We've been in a drought most of my life. Our reservoirs are full for the first time since I was a very young person which I am decidedly NOT anymore. BWR is gonna have to see a gastroenterologist soon. He has a regular PCP visit tomorrow morning. He is not getting better. No one is gonna die on my watch dammit! Still, fleas are an issue from time to time. We put off 6 bombs in the house yesterday and tortured the cats with flea spray to knock down the numbers. We now have another hatch going on but hope to have curtailed it somewhat. We're likely moving to MS in the future to be closer to my family outside of Nashville and his outside of Jackson. You can buy my farm!!!!

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

• Moderators

Buying the farm sounds like an unlucky phrase about now.  :huh:

Know that my thoughts are with you guys....please keep us all posted...k?  :unsure2:

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about "Buying the Farm" haha. Hoping BWR gets well soon!

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket
Well here's an update. Went to the doc and he threw a buncha scripts at the old dude. Says to see if they help. I asked about typhus and he said there are now 31 cases strictly in Galveston but that, combined with BWR's ascerbic wit in mentioning dysentery "earned him a rectal exam". That's just what the doc said. Anyway, we made the doc blush and he's ready to refer to a GI guy if we see no improvement. He is going to test for typhus to be safe. I've decided that I like him more than my doc so I'll see him next time it's needed despite the fact that BWR indicated that I enjoyed such exams and told everyone who would listen that I stole the doc's lube. Oy to the vey. So, old man is still sick but his sense of humor is fully intact. Thank the lord that I'm not easily embarrassed.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Hope you two are feeling better soon, Glass. Hearing that BWR's wit earned him a rectal exam made me day.

My rant for the day is that our water fucking sucks! I heard that they have been treating it and when you turn the tap on, the smell of chlorine is off the charts. I swear you could fill your pool with it and not worry about treating it with chemicals. Taking a shower is like taking a Silkwood shower. I keep waiting for the guys in decontamination suits to start scrubbing me down.

I'd have to be dying of thirst before I'd drink our water. I won't even let our dog drink it.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket
Thank you, Ser for being as evil as I am. :P Meds are starting to work. Once we get blood results we'll know more. I HATE when my water is funky. I'm a tap water drinker and with all the animals here, I have to give it to them. We're on co-op water. Lines break. It is gross.

Now, a rave. My favorite bad movie loving friend from HS called me. He and sicky here got to talk Sharktopus and Chupacabra vs. the Alamo. They were insta-friends. He may come see us in September!!! I told him to join the forum and hope he does. Y'all will love him.

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

• Moderators

Yes, one must be careful when relaying symptoms to a Doc--sounds like a case where his sense of humor bit him....literally....in the derrier--

might have been better to stay serious and avoid the dreaded RE--for guys it's kind of up there with being kicked...kicked in...

damn, see--I cant even bring myself to say it. :ohmy:  The up side it that it rules out other nasty possibilities. 

My only rant for the day is that I haven't anything legitimate to rant about--I actually had a decent day for a change, weather

in the mid 70's and a nice long lunch with the fam at a salad buffet. So unless all that healthy food bites ME in the derrier...

well...I'll have to let you know. :P So until something unpleasant happens, I shall have to endure this strangely empty feeling, 

like something's currently missing in my life. "Life is good" just sounds so .....alien to me.  :alienani:

So instead, I'll shamelessly scab onto Serenity's. I gave up on our municipal water quite some time ago--besides being 

foul smelling and tasting like something manky that was alive long, long ago, it's so full of minerals and things like iron, tungsten

and Cobalt-17, well for a while there I couldn't accurately use a compass. We now get all our drinking water from a bulk water store, 

filtered 7 different ways with commercial equipment. I still cook with tap water, but do filter it first.

Just as well, what with the water rationing at present. :mad2:

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!