Random Rantings!!

* * * * * 1 rant

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

I've heard that alternate pronunciation before over the years. It seems like more and more astronomers use it these days. I guess nobody likes to have fun anymore.  :srug:

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

I've heard that alternate pronunciation before over the years. It seems like more and more astronomers use it these days. I guess nobody likes to have fun anymore.  :srug:

It's just changing from poop to pee. Like I have no idea how one is supposed to be less offensive, haha. 

Jon is fine, dammit.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Haha. It will always be Ur-Anus to me.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

"Your Anus" or "You're in Us".  Makes no sense to me. :srug:   It is spelled "URANUS".  Phonetics, people.   :Boomstick_by_Preamp:

BitBrit

BitBrit

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationNorth West England
Rant - drunk people on bicycles
Yesterday a Cyclist was all over my road as I was driving down it. So much so, I decided to stop while she passed. Lucky I did coz she cycled straight into my front wing and fell under my car. To a passer by it would look like I knocked her off.
She eventually got up and apologised profusely and it was evident she was as pissed as a fart (Very drunk). She slurringly asked if she'd damaged my car to which my 6 yr old answered 'mummy's car has so many scratches you can't tell' ......

auximenes

auximenes

Lurker

• Members

I recall that around '87 they told us in school that Uranus was no longer going to be pronounced 'YUR-in-us' and change to 'yur-A-nus' so that it wouldn't be as offensive. It still makes no sense.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

I wonder why they don't just spoil all the fun and change the name of Uranus to the Roman equivalent, Caelus?

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Rant - drunk people on bicycles
Yesterday a Cyclist was all over my road as I was driving down it. So much so, I decided to stop while she passed. Lucky I did coz she cycled straight into my front wing and fell under my car. To a passer by it would look like I knocked her off.
She eventually got up and apologised profusely and it was evident she was as pissed as a fart (Very drunk). She slurringly asked if she'd damaged my car to which my 6 yr old answered 'mummy's car has so many scratches you can't tell' ......

Hahahhahaha. Kids...are. hilarious and they don't even have to try.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Super long angry rant. Figures i had weeks of no bad luck.

Sprint bill was 235 bucks. I was like wtf. Paid it and my new bill is 90....how...just how? New comers are getting the same plan as me for $30 less....whatever now i have to call and complain hoe i have had them for 8 yrs so they decided to take advantage of an older customer.

Another note just because you see a fucking snowflake it doesn't mean you go from 55 mph to 15 mph, on the highway. Honestly. It's Ohio if you can't drive in the snow then go to Arizona...or texas...or cuba....wait.. idc. Anywhere but here. I swear the traffic line was 5 miles long because of flurries....FLURRIES PEOPLE!! I could have probably jogged and got to my destination faster...by which i have to say....Walmart quit having your employees move things around. Seriously i have to keep trying to remember where you move stuff...and why you still have salad stuff right next to the bags of candy i will never know...you guys are just a-holes for doing that.

As for NY and all those other states...i am sorry for what fury that blizzard may do to you...be safe!

BitBrit

BitBrit

Survivor

• Members
1 hour of falling snow results in 1 inch settling in UK and causes gridlock. Why can't we deal with snow?!?!?

BitBrit

BitBrit

Survivor

• Members
Working my first weekend in nearly a decade. Not happy.

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

Yeah, working sucks. I think having to work for basic sustenance is absurd, but that's just one lowly peasant's opinion. 

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

Ryan_Dead

Ryan_Dead

Biter

• Members
Work does indeed suck! We have a huge delivery every Wednesday night so the manager makes five of us male employees stay till 9.30pm to unload it all. However, we of course never finish by that time so we end up leaving by around 11pm on average.

Not only does it piss me off that we have to work extra without pay, but it's more annoying the next day when the manager and other members of staff moan about how all the stock was unloaded. If they hate it so much they can happily take my spot on deliveries lol

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members

Not only does it piss me off that we have to work extra without pay, but it's more annoying the next day when the manager and other members of staff moan about how all the stock was unloaded. If they hate it so much they can happily take my spot on deliveries lol

Pretty sure that's illegal as shit. 

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Yah… the only way I could see that as legal is if you're salary not hourly. Even then if you're having to pull extra hours without some kind of compensation bonus that's pretty dumb.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

I assumed it was salary, but yeah, that sucks. 

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Rant: Coming home after work during a snow storm and there are no free spaces in my parkinglot, so I had to park alonga property dividing fence and my car is now a prime target to be backed into or plowed into. So that sucks. I'll just have to keep an eye out for whenever the person who does not live at my apartment leaves, which is hopefully sometime tonight and not tomorrow.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Oh man that sucks and would piss me off SO much! I'm not one to call and get people towed, but if you're at risk for a tow....Are there assigned spots there? 

Ryan_Dead

Ryan_Dead

Biter

• Members
It is pretty fucked up,, right?!

A fellow employee told me that these two old workers left the delivery as soon as it turned to 9.30pm. Needless to say, the supervisor called the manager (who is probably sitting on her ass in bed), and the manager called the two workers and ordered them to return to work.

Idk, sometimes when it gets to 10pm I think fuck it and wanna leave, but I'd feel bad for the others who always stay till the end. I'll see how it goes on Wednesday lol

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members

If 9:31pm is one minute past an 8 hour shift and you're not getting OT (and you're not salary), your boss is doing something super illegal. If the manager called them and ordered them back without offering OT, that is super illegal. I suggest you contact the Dept of Labor --> hour and wage division and file a complaint. Get paid for you work, people! Fuck managers who take advantage of their workers. 

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Oh man that sucks and would piss me off SO much! I'm not one to call and get people towed, but if you're at risk for a tow....Are there assigned spots there? 

Nah.. no assigned spots and no risk for being towed which is good. I think I just saw someone leave, so I'm gonna go scope that shit out and move my car haha.

auximenes

auximenes

Lurker

• Members

If 9:31pm is one minute past an 8 hour shift and you're not getting OT (and you're not salary), your boss is doing something super illegal. If the manager called them and ordered them back without offering OT, that is super illegal. I suggest you contact the Dept of Labor --> hour and wage division and file a complaint. Get paid for you work, people! Fuck managers who take advantage of their workers. 

That's all well and good, but you can bet that those people who don't put in the extra time, however illegal, are going to be the first ones to get their hours cut and/or laid-off.

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members

That's all well and good, but you can bet that those people who don't put in the extra time, however illegal, are going to be the first ones to get their hours cut and/or laid-off.

If someone is fired because they refused to work without pay, that's super duper illegal. That's wrongful termination and they should expect a lawsuit in their fat greedy faces. 

BitBrit

BitBrit

Survivor

• Members
Aren't you British Ryan? If so we don't tend to go the lawsuit way quite so quickly. Probably our bad though.

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Ryan, maybe if you all come together as a group so as not to paint a target on any particular person, it would be more effective? I know it can be intimidating to stand alone.

Jon is fine, dammit.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!