Random Rantings!!

* * * * * 1 rant

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Well, my uncle passed away. Headed to Vermont for the second funeral of the year. :( 

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

So sorry to hear that, Steph! :( Thoughts & condolences go out to you and your family.

BitBrit

BitBrit

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationNorth West England
Sending my condolences Steph.

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Thanks guys. I wish I could magically appear in Vermont and not have that 8 hour drive one way...oy. 

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Hopefully you get in and out of VT before the snow comes. Apparently it may snow Saturday/Sunday.

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

So I've been hearing. It's not exactly a surprise to have snow this time of year there, though. Either way, I hope not as I haven't put my snow tires on my car yet. 

lone star walker

lone star walker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationroaming the prairie

I'm sorry you had another loss in your family.  Be careful on that drive.  Sending prayers your way!

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
My poor girl woke up with a fever today. She feels like shit basically. I've kept her in her PJs and laying low, hope she feels better for trick or treating tonight. I feel bad for her, usually she has fun when we come to Vermont but she's pretty miserable right now.

Guest_CraigTNelsonMandela_*

• Guests

was filling out a job application when the site shuts down for maintenance

there went 40 minutes

filled out an application a couple days ago when google crashed 3 times in a row, also costing me roughly half an hour and having to re-type everything

also have week + long nagging pain from 2 busted wisdom teeth that'd cost at best between 300-600, and at worst over 1000, and at the rate i'm going could take quite some time to set aside for (at which point the cost will rise)

/uninteresting 1st world problems

BitBrit

BitBrit

Survivor

• Members
Hows your daughter Steph?

That is annoying Craig!

Today I am sad because a friendship group of 20 years has deteriorated beyond repair. Most of us were willing to move forward but 1 not.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

That stinks, Brit. Sorry to hear. Sometimes it's better to just move on.

Rant for today: Cold weather has set in and I get a note on my door last night while I was out from the gas company saying they turned off my meter because it was apparently damaged. I called them this morning and they said they'd send someone at some point. I was out at breakfast with my brother and I get a snippy call from some guy saying they have a tech waiting at my place and I need to be there. Oops? I mean if anyone knows fuel companies they usually make you wait all day. Props for them to getting a guy out so quick, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway because they needed access to the buildings basement which I don't have and my landlord doesn't really take calls on the weekend unless its an emergency. So I don't have use of my Rinnai heater right now, but I do have electric baseboard heat as a backup, so I'm just waiting for my landlord to call back, which probably won't be until tomorrow. 

BitBrit

BitBrit

Survivor

• Members
Yep. Moving on. Just sent the text :(

Are you any warmer BBL? It must be chilly in your skimpy black boxlies.....

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Yup everything got taken care of yesterday. Plenty warm even in my skimpy black boxlies. Haha.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
People are dumb... there was a co-worker last week who was blowing off steam because he was angry. Lets say he wanted to do something very destructive. People over heard it...called the cops, chances of him getting a job is very very slim.

When you are assigned a parking spot and the a-hole in the truck decided to park a little into said spot....yes i will park so close to you you will have to get in the passenger side of the vehicle because the driver said is not an option

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

I hate that, Mr. NomNom.  I'm the asshole who straddles lanes on the highway when it is posted WELL ahead of time that a lane is ending.  All of those who wish to zoom past to the front are screwed. That's a continual rant for me.  People who think that whatever they have to do is more important than anyone else in the world.  GRR.

• Guests

speaking of asshole motorists i almost got hit by one yesterday

i was on the sidewalk in front of a sonic when said asshole flew right in front of me (mere inches from kneecapping me)

guess he couldn't wait 4 seconds for me to pass

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Lol. How about motorists who when one lane is closed and you have several signs saying get over......yet they decid to stay in that lane trying to get ahead of traffic.

That happened once with me. The guy decided to ignore the sign and tried to cut people off...after 15 minutes in traffic i see the guy with his blinker on wanting over and nobody is having it...best thing ever. I even looked back after another 5 or so minutes...still there..blinker on. If he would have just stayed behind me and not be a jackass he would have been out a lot sooner.

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

I love it when everyone teams up to shut out an asshole that tries to cut in front of everyone like that. 

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
It was awesome. Lol

• Guests

as i figured i got rejected

lone star walker

lone star walker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationroaming the prairie
I'm sorry, Craig. Job hunting & interviews have got to be one of the most stressful parts of life.

• Guests

i'm used to it

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

I'm sorry, Craig.  :( 

So my kid just came wandering in and asked what an orgasm was. He's nine. Turns out he was watching "Stories from the ER", which is nothing new, and when it went off "Sex Sent Me to the ER" came on. 

tumblr_inline_nc3jwpL4WM1sttrxe.gif

Jon is fine, dammit.

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys

i'm used to it

Craig, back in my younger days I used to apply for every job I thought I could get an interview for. Even if I was sure I didn't even want the job, I figured I could use the experience interviewing. You see I am naturally arrogant, snide, condescending, and generally an all around a**hole.

Experience taught me to mask all that and project a smiling, pleasant, helpful persona. Hate and scheme on the inside, but smile, smile, smile outside. I'm sure you're not a sociopath like me, but still! Practice makes perfect, :zombiethumbsup: 

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys

I'm sorry, Craig.  :( 

So my kid just came wandering in and asked what an orgasm was. He's nine. Turns out he was watching "Stories from the ER", which is nothing new, and when it went off "Sex Sent Me to the ER" came on. 

tumblr_inline_nc3jwpL4WM1sttrxe.gif

Hmm, trying to woo the fairer sex has led to woe for me several times. However I was never injured during the sex act itself................ahhh, unless both parties agreed on how MUCH injury, safe words, and all that beforehand. Cause pain and pleasure tap dance down a fine line together.  :angel:  :blush:   

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!