9x% of the population is gone, you choice how much,as reference http://en.wikipedia....ation_estimates, 10% (700Mil) around 1700AD, 1% (70Mil) around (500-1000BC).
Your choice if we're all infects (harder) & come back as Zs once dead also for natural causes or only after Zs bites (easier).
OK, my thoughts:
- with very few exception (of few hundreds max survivors) humanity will be scattered in many little clans/tribes
A huge difference from the past is that there won't be probably any civilization catalyst (i.e. cities) left, a scattered humanity ..
- possibly a "revenge" of Third World societies ? More used to low level technologies (could be easier for a Masai herder to make a spear/spoon/pot than us) & hardship than us ?
- possibly individualistic society (i.e. Western world) fare better than collettive societies (i.e. Asian's ones) ? Or au contraire worst ..
- spiritual & medical changes, expecially if we're all infected ..
How to handle/consider your dead loved ones ?
Not a lot of CPR anymore I suppose .. more an icepick as standard tool for doctors
- advantage for warring countries/group (Afghanistan, Yemen, Somalia, Masai, Cossaks, violent gangs) ?
- all system of governments, from dictatorship, theocracy to democracy (not saying that democracy = Western world & dictatorship = Third World, I imagine more easier a sort of democracy in the surviving Tupi Amazon indians that between NYC, Paris or London survivors, at least at the beginning)
In general I've this idea that "less" civilized societies could handle better, from any point of view, including the spiritual one a similar apocalypse..
The future ? regrouping, rebuilding skills/technologies (for a long while a lot of scavening, need to rebuild lot of different technologies to make even a pin from scratch), eliminate the occasional Z, handle possible epidemic & killing each other as usual ..
Just my 2 cents ......
Edited by bolero, 17 June 2012 - 10:27 AM.